Chapter 15

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been days since you had lastly seen him. He had been busy with ruling his country and visiting his friend. You had been keeping yourself updated about Conan’s situation through your maid, because you weren’t in the mood to talk to the prince. You knew that you shouldn’t be blaming him for the execution that had taken place days ago, but you couldn’t help but feel bad because of the whole situation. Everyone acted as if nothing had happened, as if the boy had never existed, but you couldn’t just do that. You couldn’t just shake it off, not after you had seen the look inside of his eyes. With a deep sigh you sat down at the dining table, realizing that for the so manifest time this week you were alone. The prince had his diner taken to his office these days, so that he could focus on his work. He barely took a free moment so leave alone that he had still any time left to spend with you. Sometimes you reminded yourself of the promise he had made to you, and you wondered if he had forgotten about it already. Then again, he was a ruler, an important person, you couldn’t just expect him to shove everything aside in order to be with you. After chewing on your food for a while you reached out to your glass of water, before noticing that it was empty. This glass probably resembled how you felt at this moment, empty. 

 

 

Before thinking about it you pushed back your chair and leaned forward over the table to reach for the can with water, only to be attacked by a few servants that had been wandering around the room, waiting for you if you needed something. They took it from you and insisted on pouring in your water.You had to fight the urge to tell them to back off as you held up your glass and waited until they had filled it again. “Thanks.” You muttered and placed it back down onto the table. All of a sudden your food didn’t seem that tasty anymore, in only a few seconds your apatite had disappeared. Why was it that these people all thought of you as an important person? Was it because you had such a good band with their Crown prince? You hated it that you could no longer do things yourself and that everyone did it for you. You were a grown up, an adult, a woman, and you wanted to be treated like one. No one seemed to care about the scares you had gotten during your fight to stay alive when you had still been living into your own country. If they would only know how strong you actually were then maybe they would leave you alone. You took one last sip from your drink before you decided that you had had enough and that it was better for you if you’d just leave. 

 

 

But right at that moment the doors of the dining room opened and you couldn’t bring yourself to get up. Olvida leaned her head around the door and when she saw you she sent you her usual smile. There had been a time when Conan had just been shot that she hadn’t been able to smile at all, she had always been walking around with the most darkest expression on her face. It had proven to you how much she loved him, even though they still seemed like a very strange couple to you. But they were engaged, preparing to get married to each other one day, so you supposed that there were some feelings in between the two of them. She was probably happy about the way things had gone, that the boy had gotten what he had deserved. And who were you to blame her? If someone would have tried to kill someone you loved you would have been relieved as well to hear that they had been executed. You just had to think back about the way you had reacted when you had head that something had happened to your sister. When Conan had walked into the room you had planned to scratch his eyes out of their sockets and to slide his throat, just to get justice. The feeling of loosing someone that was important to you was something that couldn’t be described, but it was horrible. You didn’t wish it for anyone, but Olvida didn’t loose him, Conan was still alive and kicking, that stubborn man. 

 

 

“I thought I could find you here.” She said and the thought that she had been looking for you made you frown. For the past few days you hadn’t been talking to any of them, not that you had been avoiding Olvida as well, but it had made things easier. You leaned back into your chair as you tried to think of what to say to her. You didn’t expect your social abilities to back down so quickly just because you hadn’t been talking to anyone like them for the past couple of days. But you noticed that you felt slightly uncomfortable around her, just like you had done the first weeks you had been here. “Why? Did something happen?” You asked and tried to act nonchalant, but you noticed you were having a hard time keeping it up. It surprised you that instead of sitting down on the free chair on the opposite side of the table, the seat where Baekhyun always sat, she walking over to you and sat down on the chair beside yours. You tried to hide your discomfort of her being so close to you and shifted slightly into your seat. “You’ve been avoiding us for the past few days, and with us I mean especially the prince. He’s worried about you but he’s too much of a to come over and talk to you himself, so I’ll do it.” You blinked your eyes at her when you realized she had just seriously called her Prince a . But she only laughed at your reaction and took a strawberry that was lying on one of the plates before taking a bite from it. You could see why Conan had fallen for her, she was an extremely pretty girl, and beside from that she was also very y. She swung her long hair over her shoulder and focussed her penetrating eyes on you, which made you want to flee out of the room. 

 

 

“Baekhyun thinks you’ve been affected by the execution, he saw the look on your face __________. He actually thought that you were going to faint right where you were standing, he was ready to sprint over to you.” She explained and you realized that maybe you hadn’t been able to hide your reaction that day as good as you had wanted to. Was she angry at you for feeling this way? Well then that was her problem, because you couldn’t change who you were and where you had come from. He had been right, you had been very close to an emotional break down that day, but how couldn’t you have been? “It…It just reminded me of something I had seen before…” Was she believing you? Well it wasn’t entirely a lie, after all you had seen things like these before in your past. But that hadn’t been the part that had shocked you the most yesterday, but she didn’t need to know that. But Olvida nodded, as if she completely understood where you were coming from and that made you feel more angry than you had expected. She had no idea what you had been through, what your life had been like, so she didn’t have to act like she did. “You know what he did right, what he did to Conan?” As if she had to remind you of that. Yes, that kid had done so horrible things, but hadn’t everyone made mistakes in their like? If you had to count all the stupid acts you had pulled then you’d probably be executed as well today. 

 

 

“How is he doing anyway?” You asked, completely ignoring her question, not caring about how it made her feel. Actually you just wanted her to leave so that you could stand up and go to your room, lay down on your bed and just fall asleep. You had lost hope that you’d wake up one day and this would all be over, you had come to the conclusion that this was not a dream, this was reality. “He’s doing better, the doctor is doing some final tests on him today and then they’ll maybe let him out of the south wing.” As soon as she started talking about him her face cleared up, like the sun that came shining through the clouds. You were happy for her, that she had found that one person that made her forget all her problems and that made her so happy. For the first time you felt as if you wanted to know what their story was, how they had met and how their relationship had formed itself. But you weren’t in the mood to ask her about it, not now that things were so complicated between you and Baekhyun. “That’s great news.” You muttered as you stared at your cup, wondering if you still had to ask for another refill, but than with something else than water. You felt as if you were in need to forget, even if it was just for a little while. You could feel Olvida’s eyes resting on your face, but you refused to look at her. Everyone could have a rough day right, even you and at this moment, you were having a very ty one. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter