Chapter 25

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sharp pain was traveling through your entire body and you couldn’t stop but moan as you tried to get into a slightly more comfortable position. But nothing seemed to be working, and the more time passed the worse it seemed to get. It seemed as if the left side of your body was on fire, and nothing seemed to be able to cool it down. You cringed, trying to escape everything, hoping that you could knock yourself out again so that you no longer had to feel this. Your lips were dry, as if you hadn’t drunk anything in days. For too long you had been walking around in your own nightmares, hoping to wake up, but now that you were finally awake you realized that this was nothing better. “Sshhh, it’s okay.” You realized you must have made another noise because this time there was someone who answered you. It only took you a second to recognize the voice and immediately you fought against the strong power that was holding down your eyelids. When you felt something press against your lips you were confused at first, but then you felt the feeling of water splashing against them, and you felt relief. “Drink something.” A hand supported the back of your head as you carefully opened your eyes, trying to see where you were. As the water dripped onto your tongue you seemed to realize that you were withered. Greedy you drank a few sips and tried to lay as still as you possibly could, anything so that the pain wouldn’t get any worse. “Easy __________.” He treated you as if you were breakable as he laid your head back into the pillows, and you were glad he did. 

 

For a moment it stayed silent as you tried to remember everything that had happened. You didn’t remember anything from the moment that Baekhyun had lifted you up in order to get you inside. But it was clear that someone had helped you, otherwise you wouldn’t have been alive anymore today. Baekhyun lifted his hand and grabbed yours which was laying on top of the covers, “How are you feeling?” He asked, his thumb caressing the back of your hand, a comforting movement. This was a question that needed some time to be answered, since you weren’t entirely sure what to say. “I’ve been better.” You eventually said, noticing how hoarse your voice was, your throat felt like sandpaper, it was like you hadn’t talked in days. When you looked around yourself you could see that you were in Baekhyun’s room, well actually it was your room as well now. But if you had been here all the time then where had he slept? You slowly focused your eyes on him again and saw that he was still wearing the same clothes he had been wearing the day you had gotten hurt, his hair was a mess and he had dark circles underneath his eyes. It seemed like he had been awake during the time you had been asleep, that was how he looked. But as he looked at you, you could see that sparkle inside of his eyes, it was still there. “Do you want something for the pain? Some more water?” He asked, clearly not sure what he should do, but it was clear that he wanted to help. 

 

He looked a little helpless as he sat at the edge of your bed, looking at the way your face pulled together in pain. At this moment there was only one thing you wanted though and that was to sleep so that you could forget about in how much pain you were in, and to be with him. So you smiled at him and saw how he smiled back at you, but it looked aggrieved. You wondered what was going through his head while looking at you like this. “Just lay down with me.” You said, and saw how an expression of panic began to slip over his face. He didn’t really know what to do with himself as he stared around the room, looking at everything but you. “But, what if I hurt you?” His voice was only a whisper, as if he was afraid of the impact of his question. It didn’t look like he didn’t want to be with you, or like he wanted to refuse your wishes, but you could see that he was unsure of what to do. “Please Baekhyun, I need you.” Even though it was all in your head you were sure that if he would hold you that you would feel so much better. There was still some restraint inside of his eyes but slowly he walked over to the other side of the bed, thinking that it would be better if he would stay on your right side. He seemed really scared that he would accidentally hurt you, but you were sure that it couldn’t get any worse than it already was at this moment. The mattress sunk underneath his weight as he laid himself down on top of the sheets, shoving his body closer against yours until you could feel his side touching yours. 

 

A sigh came from your lips as his sent made its way into your nose, comforting you. Immediately his muscles tensed beside you, thinking that he had done something bad. “It’s okay, I’m fine.” You muttered, your voice filled with sleep. Slowly and as carefully as you could you your other side, so that you were able to place your head onto his chest. You could hear his fast and irregular heart beat and you were afraid that it was going to jump out. Easily he wrapped his arm around you, his fingers brushing up and down your arm. “I’m so sorry, I should have done something. I should have protected you…” There was so much pain inside of his voice, and you were sure it equaled to what you were feeling, just that it wasn’t physical. Quickly you lifted your hand and laid your fingers on top of his mouth, making that he had to stop talking. Honestly you didn’t want to hear it, you didn’t want him to blame himself for what had happened, because it wasn’t his fault. None of you had seen this coming, it had been completely unexpected, and you were sure that it it could have been avoided that they would have made sure that you had been safe. But this hadn’t been inside of his power, so you didn’t want him to take the blame. “It’s not your fault, there was nothing you could have done.” You felt how he grabbed your hand in his, pressing a kiss against your fingertips. The way he touched you, it was so affectioned, and you realized this was all you needed for now. As long as he would stay with you it would be alright. “I sent my men towards his shelter, I will make sure he pays for what he has done to you. Not just now but also the times before, he will not get away with this.” The force he used when he spoke told you just how bitter he felt, how angry he was. 

 

“Who are you talking about?” Ever so slowly you raised your head, but it was guided down by him again instantly, his hand getting lost inside of your hair, massaging your scalp. You closed your eyes as you enjoyed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter