Chapter 22

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft gasp you let out hit against your pillow, your eyes felt too heavy to open them so you didn’t even try to fight it. It seemed as if you were drowning with sleep and you were completely fine giving into it. A soft airstream against your shoulder confused you, but didn’t alarm you enough for you to change something about your current state. Somehow you felt as if you could sleep all day, as if you had used every single bit of energy you had had yesterday. It was only when you felt how the hold around your waist tightened and you were firmly pulled against a strong chest that you realized that you weren’t the only person inside of the bed. You groaned, slightly trying to flip the hair out of your face as you tilted your head to the side, feeling how you pressed it against your pillow, taking in the smell. A smile traveled over your face as a pair of plump and soft lips pressed against your shoulder blade, making goosebumps appear on your skin. The feeling of his skin pressing against yours made so many memories of last night return inside of your head that it made you blush. His legs were tangled with yours, his arms wrapped around your middle and his nose pressing against your neck. It was almost too good to be true. You could barely imagine a crown prince sharing a bed with you, and surely not like this.

 

Would he regret what you two had done last night? After all he hadn’t been completely himself, would he had let it go this far if it hadn’t been a full moon? For a moment you were too scared to turn around and face him, afraid that you’d see the disappointment written all over his face. The last thing you wanted was to hear him tell you that he wanted to undo everything you had shared last night. You had given him a part of you that no one could ever have again, you didn’t know if you could bear it if he didn’t want it anymore. “Good morning beautiful.” His voice was hoarse as he spoke, he clearly must have realized that you were already awake. The nickname he picked out for you was one you definitely didn’t dislike, and you wished that you could hear him say it over and over again. Very slowly you opened your eyes, seeing how the sun was shining through the curtains and was lightning up the room. The temperature was no longer as high as it had been last night, right now it was just right. “Hi.” You heard the sleep inside of your own words as you slowly turned your head, trying to get to see him. Baekhyun popped himself up on one elbow, leaning his chin in his hand as he watched you. There was a lazy expression lingering on his face as he looked down on you, but you couldn’t see past the wonderful smile that was spread over his face. 

 

It was a very nice feeling though, waking up beside him on a morning like this. You could see this happen much more often, you were even sure that you could do this every single day, if he would let you. But you were scared that you would push him, that you would move too fast. “Did you sleep well?” He asked, being the real gentleman he always turned out to be and always asking about your feelings. “Yes, did you?” When you turned around you realized that you were still a little bit sore because of your late night activities. Baekhyun seemed to notice that your movements weren’t as fluent as they usually were, and as he could see the way your face pulled together in displeasure. “Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” His eyes scanned you up and down, and you were secretly happy that there was a blanket covering you. It was still a weird thought that last night you had been in front of him, and that right now you felt so vulnerable. “No, I’m okay.” But he could probably hear the lie inside of your voice. Even now that he no longer had the power of the full moon you were still like an open book to him. But you didn’t say anything when he rolled over, hovering over you with a worried look inside of his eyes. You wondered how a man like him could see this much in a girl like you. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He brushed a strand of hair out of your face, putting it behind your ear. You adored the sweetness and carefulness of his touching, you couldn’t get enough of them. The last thing you wanted right now was for him to feel guilty about what happened, because after all you had encouraged him as well. 

 

“Do you regret it, what we did?” It was only a small whisper, because you were scared for the answer he was going to give you. If you could go back in time then you would do it again, and you loved every second of it. You would always keep this part of your life with you, even if he wouldn’t. When he placed his hand underneath your chin and lifted your head so that you had to look as him his eyes were firm, a sudden rigor inside of him beside the softness that you were used to see by now as he looked at you. “No, of course not. I wouldn’t have wanted to spend yesterday night with anyone else but you, and I would never regret that.” This seemed to take most of your worries away for now, knowing that you weren’t the only one who was thinking about it in that kind of way. “I might have been a little bit effected by the events of yesterday night but I meant everything I said, and I was still myself. I knew what I was doing, I never would have done what I did last night if I didn’t.” As he spoke you decided to stay completely quiet, staring at him from underneath your eyelashes. You loved it to hear him say those kind of words to you, to hear these confessions, you would keep them inside of your heart forever. “You’re a very pretty, independent and strong girl, you deserve my respect.” This made you smile, because you hadn’t been able to think in that kind of way about yourself anymore for a very long time. It was as if he could see all your weak spots and wanted to make them disappear one by one. While being with him everything seemed so perfect, you wished that time could just stop right now. That he didn’t have to go back to work and that you didn’t have to crawl back into your role of the human. 

 

“If you weren’t as sore I would have repeated yesterday’s events with all my pleasure, but I wouldn’t do that to you.” This time he grinned, clearly amused with what he said. You rolled your eyes at him, bringing your arms up and wrapping him around his neck. Honestly you were sure that you could make love to him all day and all night, but he probably had more important things to do. “You may still kiss me though.” The thought of him doing so was so appealing, and you couldn’t help but stare at his mouth as you waited for it. Baekhyun laughed, pleased with your cute reaction before lowering his lips to yours. You felt how his hands rubbed your sides, but there was nothing ual about it, it was just a sweet and kind gesture, one that made your heart beat faster. Once that you had him there you actually didn’t want to let him go, this felt all too good to be true. It seemed like one big dream and as if you could wake up from it any second, and you didn’t want to. “Do you have to go to work?” You asked as he rolled back onto the mattress, opening his arms so that you could crawl into them. You didn’t even have to think twice before you cuddled yourself against his chest, draping your arm loosely around his middle. He sighed, nuzzling his nose into your hair and his fingers tracing shapes onto your arm. “I wished that we could stay like this all day, but I am still a prince, I have my duties to attend to.” At first you didn’t answer, though this had been the reply you had expected to get from him it still made you feel a little bit sad. When would be next time that you’d have the chance to be with him like this again? 

 

He pecked the top of your head, before softly disconnect himself from your hold and crawling out of bed. You groaned in complain as you watched him, seeing how he stretched his arms in order to get awake. The muscles inside of his back still surprised you, he was such a firm guy, you couldn't do anything else than feel safe in his arms. With controlled movements he pulled his shirt off of the chair and pulled it on, one arm after the other. It was very fascinating to look at him like that. Since it was probably time for you to get out of bed as well you sighed before sitting up, the covers falling down to your waist. Tiredly you rubbed your fists through your eyes, wondering how you were going to get through this day without falling asleep halfway. “You’re absolutely stunning you know that?” As you blinked your eyes open and looked at him you would see that he was staring at you, making your cheeks burn. As an answer you threw a pillow at him, making him chuckle, the attack di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter