Chapter 2

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only thing that you could do was squeeze your eyes together and try to ignore the pain that was traveling through your head at this moment. At this point it felt as if someone was shooting daggers through your brains and it was almost enough to make you slip back into your unconscious state, almost. It didn’t take long for you to notice that you weren’t at home. The bed you were laying in was too soft and the blankets were too thin. It was warm inside of the room and it quickly became clear to you that whoever had brought you here had taken aware of your cold body and had tried to warm you up. The good thing was that you were indeed feeling a little bit warmer, but that was so far the only positive thing you could come up with. You wanted to open your eyes and check your surroundings, but it seemed as if there was a dark curtain hovering over you which made it impossible for you to get a grip onto something. Your mind was floating in between awareness and disfunction and every single movement seemed to hurt. Well, one thing was for sure, you weren’t dead. Yet again you had managed to get through another day, though you had passed it a little different than usual. 

 

 

While frowning you turned your head to the side, feeling the sticky sweat running down your neck as you tried to move your stiff muscles. Of course you could remember what had happened, that wasn’t something that you could forget quite soon. As you thought about the way his eyes had been staring at you, as if he had been able to look right through you, you shivered. What had he done to you? Where had he taken you? Had Rose been able to reach the house safely? While all these thoughts were rushing around in your head you tried to figure out what to do. Slowly the world around you seemed to brighten up again as the mist inside of your head seemed to clear up. Easily you blinked your eyes a few times and when you opened them you stared up at a high ceiling. You brought your hand towards your head, you were sure that you were hallucinating this. The last time you had been awake you had been in a dark and cold forrest, now you were in a warm and fancy bedroom. Voices coming from a small end away made you hold in your breath and you sharpened your hearing as you tried to listen to what they were saying. 

 

 

“It will be worked out soon, she’ll wake up in a bit.” It was the voice of a man, it sounded chick and well educated, it made you want to throw up. “I’ll go check on her. She probably won’t be a ray of sunlight right now, thinking of what happened.” What kind of an accent was that anyway? Why did they sound so civilized and fake? They surely weren’t from around your neighborhood and if they were then they surely had a lot of money. Had they found you in the woods after what happened to you and had they taken you in to take care of you until you were better and could go back home? The answer to your question was on the other side of that huge and amazing door, but you weren’t even thinking about leaving this safe bedroom. Whatever was on the other side was probably even more eye-catching than this and you didn’t know how much of that you could still take. “Good luck your majesty.” The door handle moved down and slowly the door was pushed open. The small crack of light that fell into the room was enough to make you cringe and you quickly turned around and pressed your eyes together, pretending as if you were still asleep. 

 

 

It was only a question, if it would work. After all you had never been a very good liar and most people were able to see right through you. For one reason or another you had never really been able to hide your feelings. But because you had already been through so much crap in your life there wasn’t much that could still hurt you, but there were things that could just terrify you, like this for example. “I know you’re awake so you can stop your act.” Inside of your head you cursed and you realized that the sound of his voice seemed to lure you. For a moment you actually found yourself being curious about who he was and where you were. He was standing near the window but he could impossible be looking outside, the curtains were still closed. Instead of turning around to face him you just opened your eyes and tried to give your eyes the opportunity to get used to the dark. “You probably wonder where you are?” His footsteps sounded through the room and the fact that he was moving closer towards the bed didn’t exactly make you feel comfortable. As if he noticed that he stopped and he let out a sigh. Who was he and why was he talking to you like that? 

 

 

“You’re in Alagria, a…magic country far away from where you used to live. One of my friends brought you here after you stole his food and he thought you had to be punished. After I found out it were rabbits… Let’s just say that I made a deal for you. You may be grateful I stood up for you, human. Otherwise you would have been dead already.” His words tumbled around inside of your head and you were convinced that you were still asleep or that this guy was absolutely nuts. That was it, he was completely crazy, he had lost his mind. Magical lands didn’t exist and why would someone try to punish you for stealing their rabbits? After all you were quite sure you had seen them first and he sure could have found something else to eat. “Did you kidnap me?” Your voice was much louder and sharper than you had expected it to be, but you couldn’t hide that you were angry. You couldn’t believe they had taken you because of something this stupid. “Kidnapping is a big word, we did you a favor by brining you here. Not forgetting that you were freezing cold and that you’re skimpy because of the lack of good food we have a lot to offer. It would be a gift from us to you if we’d let you stay.” 

 

 

If your muscles wouldn’t have been hurting as much as they did you surely would have attacked him right now. There was fury rushing through your veins and you wished you had your knife with you so that you could tear this guy apart, whoever he was. “What the hell makes you think I want to stay here?” You spitted the words into his direction as you slowly turned around and pushed yourself up with your hands so that you were into a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter