Chapter 19

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud scream came from your as you shot straight up in your bed and were met by the dark and safe features of your room. You could hear your fast heart beat pump inside of your ears and the feelings of terror and horror wash over you just like they had done back then, it had seemed so real that you almost hadn’t been able to tell that it had only been a dream. Sweat was dripping down your back and your hair was sticking against your neck as you tried to calm yourself down. It had only been a nightmare, the man who had once hurt you couldn’t reach you anymore. Inside of these castle walls you would be safe, and the guard who was standing in front of your door twenty four seven would make sure that no uninvited guests could get into your room. They had tried everything in order to make you feel safe again, to make you forget everything you had seen and heard, but you just couldn’t get rid of it. During the day it would be fine but as soon as the night would fall and you would close your eyes it would all come back. It was as if you relived it over and over again. There was some soft mumbling to be heard from outside of your room, and you kept your eyes darting onto the door to see if anyone would enter. Ever since you had arrived back at the castle you had been restless, constantly looking over your shoulder and shrieking up if someone would pop up behind or next to you out of nowhere. You felt terrible for acting so childish, after all Nobregas had never done the most horrible things to you. Still you felt damaged, as if he had burned you deeply inside, had left a wound that was still throbbing. 

 

 

When one of the doors of your room opened you held in your breath, keeping your eyes wide open to distinguish the figure of the person who was walking over. “Hey, are you okay? I thought I heard you shout.” Your shoulders relaxed as soon as the sound of his voice reached your ears and made you wonder why you had been so afraid of someone coming in in the first place. It wasn’t like you didn’t trust the guard who was watching over you, you just knew that everyone could make a mistake from time to time. No one was invincible, even not the best soldier. “I’m fine, it was just a bad dream.” You muttered, shoving over as soon as you felt how the weight of your covers disappeared for a second and someone crawled in the bed beside you. Without saying anything he adjusted his body so that you could lean against his side and he draped his arm over your shoulders, pulling you close. You could feel the soft fabric of his nightclothes rub against your cheek and immediately you felt at peace again. It was strange what the presence of one single man could do to a person. “I though you didn’t have them anymore?” He stated as he held a strand of your hair in between his fingers and twisted in around before dropping it back onto your arm. You shrugged your shoulders and you were sure that he could sense the movement. Ever since what had happened you no longer liked to talk about your dreams, you didn’t feel like sharing them with anyone. Nobody had to know how big your fears would get if the night would fall. “It still happens sometimes.” 

 

 

A silence fell over the two of you as you closed your eyes, hugging yourself closer against his chest in the hope that it would make everything go away. The soft and regular raising and falling of his chest soothed you, just like the sound of his heartbeat. You could tell that he was worried about you but since he knew that it annoyed you when he said that, he just kept it to himself. “I know that you don’t want to but if you need someone to talk to then you know that you can always come to me. I might not be the perfect guy to discuss feelings with but I could be a quick learner.” With a few blinks of your eyes you were able to keep them open again and you could see the light of the moon fall through the curtains and it slightly lit up the room. You knew that he wished that you would tell him what was going on inside of your head, that you would let him know what troubled you. To be honest you had thought about telling him a few times, because you still had the hope that maybe it would make you feel better. That maybe if you would share these feelings with someone that you would feel understood, as if you weren’t a fool. “Did they already figure out what happened that day?” You asked instead of answering on what he said. He seemed to notice that you were perfectly avoiding his question since he sighed deeply. He shifted the both of you until you were into a lying position again, your head on top of his chest, his arms loosely hit around your middle. “No, we have no idea. Not a single one of us remembers what happened that day. The last thing I remember is walking you out to the garden after spending some time in my room, after that everything is just gone.” 

 

 

As he talked about it you could hear that he was frustrated because he wasn’t able to tell you more. It was true that it was a part of your concern, the fact that he was able to manipulate everyone here in this castle without them even knowing about it. But you all knew that to fulfill a spell like that you needed a lot of power, more power than Nobregas had at this moment so he wouldn’t be able to pull such a stunt again for some time. But that didn’t mean that he couldn’t still try something else. “You’re sure my family is safe right?” You asked once again, a question you had been repeating for many times over the past few days. The feeling of Baekhyun’s fingers brushing up and down your arm gently made you feel relaxed. “Yes, I’ve send Conan out to check on them yesterday. How come you’re so worried about them all of a sudden, you know that I promised that I would keep them safe. That hasn’t changed.” He tilted his head a little bit so that he was able to look at you and this time it was your turn to sigh. It would be better if you would just tell him about everything that had happened that night. You were so tired of the secrets, of having to carry all these emotions by yourself. And he was right, he might not understand your intense feelings like anyone else would, but at least he would be there for you. “He told me that he would kill them…” Underneath you Baekhyun’s body seemed to tense up as you said that, partly because you were actually speaking up to him and partly because he was very surprised by your pick of words. You were surprised when he rolled you over so that your back hit the mattress again and your head fell back into the soft pillow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter