New Friend

House of Secrets

“Hoseok Hyung!” Jiyeong cried out. She had walked into the kitchen after she woke up to see a tray with nothing but crumbs and an empty mug. The sight had made her especially cheerful that morning.

The older boy stopped in the middle of his way to the front door. “Hyung!” Jiyeong exclaimed. “Take a muffin before you go!”

Immediately after her words, the boy walked out of the house. Jungkook gave his friend a strange look, but Jiyeong seemed happy that the other boy had at least stopped to hear her words before leaving. There was a possibility that he would open up more in the future.


After homeroom, Jimin blocked the doorway in front of Jiyeong. He crossed his arms and lifted an eyebrow. “No one who is shorter than-” He was about to say “170 centimeters can pass,” but just then the class president, Woozi, dashed to the door, obviously in a hurry. Woozi was a boy with huge glasses and a no-nonsense attitude. His height was even shorter than Jiyeong’s. Jimin pressed his lips together and let the boy pass.

“Yes?” Jiyeong prompted him as he blocked the door again.

“Nothing,” he muttered under his breath. He cleared his throat. “Anyways-”

The girl shoved a stack of paper under his nose. “Then why don’t you help me pass these out to each class president of the juniors and seniors’ homerooms? They’re surveys for my research project.”

Jimin wrinkled his nose. “Why would I help you?”

“Because we’re friends,” Jiyeong said.

The boy rolled his eyes. “Says who?”

“Then because we’re residents.”

Scoffing, Jimin crossed his arms. “Then what will you do in return?”

Jiyeong’s face fell. Then her eyes hardened. “You shouldn’t offer to do something if you want something in return.”

Jimin rolled his eyes again. Jiyeong wondered if they would go into the back of his head. “Then why ask?”

“Then don’t bother me. Mind your own business and go on your way.” Jiyeong tried to shove past him.

“Fine, fine.” Jimin snatched the stack from the girl’s hands. “I’ll pass these out to the seniors,” he muttered. Turning on his heels, he left.

A small smile formed on Jiyeong’s face.


“Suga Sunbae!” When Jiyeong saw the lone boy in the hallway, his name automatically escaped her lips.

The boy glanced at her with his small eyes. He ignored her and headed to the cafeteria, for it was lunch time. Jiyeong remembered the boy sitting by himself amongst the many students. She reached over and grabbed his wrist. He looked irritated. “What?”

“Would you like to sit with my friends and me?” Jiyeong found herself saying.

Suga narrowed his eyes. “Why would I?” he replied coolly.

“You shouldn’t be sitting by yourself!”

“Says who? I like being alone.” The boy’s eyes hardened. He passed the girl and entered the cafeteria.

The girl stubbornly followed. “Sunbae!” she cried out, jumping in front of him. “In order to begin to let sunlight into your life, you must open up and make friends who’ll be your sunlight! There’s nothing more cheering than a friend’s support during the dark times. You know what, I’ll be your first ray of sunlight! Come on, let me show you your new friends!” Before Suga could object, Jiyeong dragged him by the arm to her table.

Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, and Jungkook gaped at the two. “Um, Jiyeong, who’s he?” Namjoon asked.

“He’s Suga Sunbae. From today, he’s eating with us.” The girl firmly pressed Suga’s shoulder down until he sat at the table. Jungkook’s shocked stare wandered between the two.

As soon as Jiyeong sat down, she shoved one of Taehyung’s many sandwiches to Suga. Taehyung’s jaw dropped. Jungkook nudged her. “Jiyeong,” he hissed. “What are you doing?”

“It’s never too late to make new friends,” Jiyeong answered calmly.

“How about the rules of the House of Secrets?”

“Don’t worry. He minds his own business all too well.”

Three pairs of suspicious eyes turned to the newcomer. He was staring at the sandwich with a scowl on his face. “You should eat or you’ll get hungry later in class,” Jiyeong advised.

Just then, Jimin came over. It was his turn to gape. “Who’s that?” he asked, pointing a finger.

“Stop being rude!” Jiyeong snapped. “He’s your Sunbae! His name is Suga. He’s going to be our lunch-mate from now on.”

Jimin slammed himself down on a seat. “Says who?”

“Says me,” Jiyeong retorted back. She leaned forward and stuffed another one of Taehyung’s sandwiches into Jimin’s mouth so he’d shut up. She had thought Namjoon’s little trick a while back was pretty smart.

“My sandwiches…” Taehyung mumbled.

“I’ll buy you more,” Jin promised.

Jungkook nudged Jiyeong with his elbow again. “How did you get to know a senior?” he whispered.

The girl glanced at Suga, who had started to eat. “Long story. But trust me; he’s a good person.”

 


Thank you, readers!! If I get 30 subscribers in total, I'll try double-updating!!!! :D