Afterwards

House of Secrets

“You don’t know how much I wanted to meet you. Even once would do. No, I probably would’ve been greedy and met you again and again. All I cared about was your reaction to knowing about what short time I had left – I feared about how sad you would be. What I didn’t think about was your sorrow about not being able to know where I was or...” Namjoon’s voice broke.

“I’m terribly sad,” Jiyeong admitted quietly. “However, I would’ve preferred to stay with you even for that short amount of time rather than not see you for the rest of my life and wonder why you didn’t care enough to come see me.”

“I’m sorry.” Namjoon tightened his arms around his sister. “I’m so sorry.”


“Jiyeong! You’re back!” Jungkook leaped to his feet from the couch as soon as he saw the very person he was waiting for walk in the front door. Spotting the tall figure behind her, his eyes bulged. “Namjoon Hyung?”

“Thank goodness.” Jin was sitting on the sofa with a relieved smile on his face.

“Hyung! We missed you!” Jimin came running out of the kitchen and tackled Namjoon into a hug. Namjoon let out a small laugh.

“You’re just in time for the Gathering,” Taehyung popped up. Jiyeong and Namjoon glanced at the living room. Every one of the House of Secret residents were either standing or sitting there, with relief and joy bright on their faces. The siblings exchanged glances and smiles formed on their faces.

“You guys are like family to us,” Jiyeong blurted out the thing that both of them were thinking. “Thank you so much for being our friends. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you guys.”

“Thank you for being there for us,” the group chimed.


Five years had passed. It had been a year since Namjoon hadn’t awoken from his sleep. He had spent his last month in a clean hospital room that always had fresh flowers in a vase next to his bed. Cheerful until his last breath, he would chat with his friends and sister every day. The last flowers in his vase had been dandelions Jiyeong and Jungkook had picked for him right outside the hospital. He had developed a fondness for those wildflowers ever since his sister told him the story of how one saved her.

Jiyeong placed a bouquet of a strange array of flowers – roses, dandelions, and lilies – on the grave. On the tombstone, the inscription read: Namjoon Kim. Brother, friend, leader of the House of Secrets.

Jungkook, who was standing next to her, put an arm around her. They stood there silently, with the soft breeze blowing around them, and stared at the grave. In their mind, they formed thoughts they wanted to tell Namjoon.

The members of the House of Secrets had followed their separate paths. Jin was in medical school with Jiyeong, who decided that it was the path for her. She had to admit that part of the reason was that she wanted to find a cure for Namjoon, but although she didn’t achieve her goal in that aspect, Namjoon had believed that she would become a great doctor. She was already one of the star students at her school.

Jungkook and Taehyung enrolled in an arts and entertainment school and pursued their majors of interest: Jungkook film, Taehyung acting. Jungkook was starting to reach out to his father due to Jiyeong’s insistence. Taehyung had taken the role of the main actor of a movie that quickly became a sensation.

Suga had become an actual rapper. An executive of Jimin’s company saw one of his videos on Youtube – Jiyeong had managed to persuade him to create his own channel of his raps – and a contract was quickly brought up. His raps were taking over song charts steadily. They were famous for their raw emotions and positive endings.

Jimin had acquired quite a fan base and was frequently out of the country for his international concerts. He never forgot to upload funny selfies onto the House of Secrets group chat.

Hoseok got into the most prestigious college in the country and was studying business. He had told Jiyeong to wait for him, but Jiyeong had turned him down in the gentlest way possible. However, she and Jungkook would pop into his apartment sometimes to make sure he was eating and sleeping properly.

However, Jin never sold the House and the former residents would gather at least once a year to have a Gathering filled with laughter and memories.

“Let’s go,” Jungkook whispered. The sun was slowly entering the ground and a blaze of red, pink, and orange lit up the sky. Hand in hand, the two walked towards the setting sun.

 


The end!! Thank you guys so much for supporting me throughout the story! I loved reading the comments and seeing the number of subscribers go up! :D

I hope you all keep the positive messages in this story in mind while you go on with your daily life. Keep a smile on your face and even if you lose it, remember, you'll always find it nearby! :)

Please check out my other stories!! Have a wonderful day~~