Found Out

House of Secrets

“Oh my gosh,” Jiyeong whispered. “I totally forgot about P.E.”

She was standing dumbly in front of her new gym locker. Around her, boys were changing and Jiyeong could do nothing but pointedly stare at her empty locker. She was glad that no one she knew was in her gym class. If Jimin had been here… She shuddered thinking what could’ve been.

An arm wrapped around her shoulders, making her jump. She turned her head to see Jungkook’s smiling face. “You nearly gave me a heart attack!” she hissed.

Jungkook put his mouth near her ear. “I got you a P.E. waiver. Apparently, you have asthma and a unique medical condition in your leg which prevents you from gym class,” he whispered.

Since his breath tickled her ear, Jiyeong shoved him slightly away. However, her thanks were sincere. Jungkook handed her a note from the nurse and left.

“Thank goodness,” the girl muttered to herself. “I heard that Taejong Boys High was famous for its swimming classes.”


“So how was your first day?” Jungkook prompted Jiyeong. The two were lounging inside his bedroom after school.

Jiyeong groaned and lay back on the bed. “Like a normal first day. I was annoyed to my limit by a devil named Jimin, shocked beyond words at my weird boy classmates, and scared to death of being found out. And I have no clue about my brother’s whereabouts.”

“You should just focus on adjusting to the new life for now. You have a whole year to find your brother. Who knows; maybe one day you guys will meet again by chance.” Jungkook was sitting on the floor next to the bed.

The girl sighed. “Would he recognize me?” she murmured. She sat up. “I need a glass of water to clear my head.”

“I’ll get it for you,” Jungkook quickly offered.

Jiyeong just laughed, remembering last night when she had tried her best to wake him up. “It’s fine. If you keep offering to do stuff for me, I’ll get used to it and start ordering you around like a servant.” She left the room with a very worried Jungkook staring after her.

It was still late afternoon, so it was well-lit when the girl entered the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator door and pulled out a bottle of water. Then she turned around and nearly fell into Jin, who had been standing right behind her.

The older boy grabbed her waist with one arm like the other night in order to prevent her from falling. “Are you okay?” He seemed overly concerned.

“S-sorry. I’m really clumsy,” Jiyeong apologized. She avoided his eyes.

“You better be careful,” Jin advised. The girl glanced up at him. His eyes were warm. “You don’t want to hurt yourself.” He gently let go of Jiyeong’s waist. She was frozen in place.

“Um, thanks, um…”

“You can call me Hyung. You can call all of us senior students Hyung,” he said kindly.

“Thanks, Hyung,” she mumbled. The boy gave her a nod and left the kitchen.

Jiyeong wrinkled her nose. “What the heck? Does he treat everyone like he’s the mom? And why does he constantly haunt the kitchen?” However, a small suspicion began nagging her mind.


Jiyeong was taking a shower. Under the warm, relaxing water, she thought about her big plan. She needed another plan to find her brother. Wandering around in the school while pretending to be a student wouldn’t get her anywhere. Yes, she might be closer to her brother, but she still wouldn’t be able to find him. Truthfully, she didn’t even remember his name; she had always called him “Oppa” as a baby. Anyways, even if she knew his name, it wouldn’t help much because he probably changed it before enrolling in Taejong. That was, if he even was a student there. Jiyeong would have to make sure of that before anything else.

Finished, she stepped out of the glass shower room and dried herself. Then she realized that she had forgotten to bring her clothes to the bathroom. She sighed deeply. Wrapping the big towel around her body, she wondered if she should risk running to Jungkook’s room. Only Hoseok and Taehyung were currently in the house; Jungkook had gone to check out a book at the library and the rest were at who-knows-where.

Suddenly, something caught her eye. An object was attached to the bathroom wall, near the towel rack.

She squinted to look at it closely. The strange thing was black and the size of her fist. And it moved. Before Jiyeong could stop herself, she let out a shrill scream.

“What? What is it?” An alarmed person flung the bathroom door open. It was Taehyung.

“It’s a cockroach!” Jiyeong screamed, forgetting that she was wearing nothing but a towel. Yes, she could stand spiders and ants, but cockroaches were a no.

Taehyung immediately spotted the black bug the girl was pointing to. He removed his shoe and slammed it against the wall, killing the cockroach. “There,” he said. The boy promptly took off his other shoe and tossed both of them into the bathroom waste bin. “They were getting old anyways. I was planning to buy new ones,” he muttered. Then he looked up and his gaze stopped on Jiyeong’s body. He froze. Suddenly, she realized that she had only a big towel wrapped tightly around her, showing the outline of her feminine body. Her eyes widened at the same time Taehyung’s did.

“Taehyung!” The two could hear Hoseok’s annoyed shout from the living room. “What is it?”

“It’s just a cockroach, Hyung.” Jiyeong was surprised at the steadiness of Taehyung’s voice, but then realized that he was an actor. “Jiyeong was surprised by it.”

“What a wimp,” Hoseok shouted back. Jiyeong was briefly glad that the cold boy hadn’t come to check the situation out. She would rather be called a wimp.

Taehyung lifted his gaze to meet her eyes. “Jiyeong, you were a girl?” he whispered in a hushed voice.

 


Could anyone make me a cover for this fanfic? I'm not good with AdobePhotoshop... It doesn't have to be something fancy; practically anything will do.

Thanks a lot, readers!! :D