Suga Sunbae

House of Secrets

“So I’m here only because I want to find my brother,” Jiyeong finished. The two were sitting in Taehyung’s room and Jiyeong had told him the whole story. The girl was thankfully fully clothed now.

Taehyung nodded slowly. “I think I understand.”

“I’m sorry.” Jiyeong hung her head. “But please, could you keep it a secret?”

She was surprised when he nodded again. “Of course. It’s not like you’re doing something wrong, although you are lying to a bunch of people in the process.” Jiyeong groaned. “However, I trust you. I understand that you want to see your brother very much. I’ll help you. I promise that I won’t tell anyone your secret.”

“Really?” Jiyeong beamed. Her bright smile startled Taehyung.

“O-of course.” Now that he knew that Jiyeong was a girl, he didn’t know how to react.

Jiyeong sighed. “Not a day in this house and I’m already found out by one resident. I better be more careful.” Then the girl frowned. “I’m sorry. I’m probably breaking the rules for telling you all this.”

Taehyung shook his head immediately. “I don’t really care about the rules as much as someone like Jimin or Hoseok Hyung does. I just joined this group because since I am a rising actor, I would need a quiet, safe place to stay while I finish school.”

Jiyeong looked relieved. “Thank you, really.”


“I heard Hoseok Hyung complaining that you screamed today.” Jimin smirked. Jin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jiyeong were sitting at the table eating dinner – which was a casserole Jin had made – when Jimin came with a plate and a fork and seated himself next to Jiyeong.

“He said that you sounded like a girl,” the boy added. Jiyeong felt like running over to wherever Hoseok was and throwing a fit at him. If he was always that cold, he should at least keep his mouth shut. The next time she was busted, it would probably be because of him.

“You would’ve probably yelled too when you saw the size of that cockroach,” Taehyung muttered. “I know for a fact that you’re not very fond of bugs either.”

“There was a cockroach?” Jin looked up from his meal, worry in his eyes. “Are you alright?” he addressed Jiyeong.

Jiyeong fought the urge to roll her eyes. She nodded curtly. “I was just surprised.” She didn’t like being treated like a little child.

Jimin turned to glare at Jin. “You’re way too nice to the new resident,” he snapped. After stuffing his mouth with a few bites of casserole, he stood up. “I need to rush to a concert tonight,” he announced.

Namjoon looked surprised. “I thought you didn’t eat before one of those.”

“You never ate inside this house before,” Jungkook added.

Jimin gave them a blinding grin. He clapped Jiyeong on the shoulder, nearly making her choke on her dinner. “I want to spend more time with the new resident. Since I’m a busy guy, I might as well eat with him. He’s quite fun to tease.” The girl began coughing. Jin handed her a glass of water.

As the idol was leaving, Taehyung called out after him, “Remember to brush your teeth before you sing!”


The second day of school was drawing to a close. It was last period, gym class, so Jiyeong was wandering around in the hallway since she didn’t have to attend. The day had been much like the one before. Jimin had been annoying, Hoseok had been rude, Taehyung had been as friendly as ever, and Jungkook had checked on her from time to time. Namjoon and Jin were, well, just Namjoon and Jin. Jin was still creeping her out by staring at her frequently or acting like her mom.

As she passed classroom after classroom, a certain sign above the door caught her eye. It said, “Music Room.” Curiosity getting better of her, she entered the room. It was an old classroom with broken down desks scattered about. There weren’t even chairs. She wondered if the students here even used it.

She settled against the wall behind a couple of desks with broken legs. Closing her eyes, she allowed herself to take a nap.

When she woke, she didn’t know how much time had passed. Yawning, she glanced at her watch. She had been sleeping for thirty minutes. She began to stretch but then froze in the middle of it. A low voice had interrupted the silence. A boy who had entered without her knowledge seemed to be… rapping. Jiyeong peeked from behind the desks.

There was a boy with startling red hair inside the room. Since he was wearing the same uniform as her, he seemed to be a student at the school. He had closed the door and thankfully his back was to her. The stranger was holding a piece of paper which looked like lyrics, since he was studying it while rapping. Leaning back against the wall silently, she focused on the boy’s voice.

formed a perfect “O.” The beat inside the boy’s rapping was undeniably good. His enunciation was great despite his fast pace. She had never known rapping was a skill, but now she felt like it was a talent.

Closing her eyes, she immersed herself into the boy’s energetic rapping. His lyrics were about a depressed young boy fighting for his dream. The words and the emotion in them touched her heart. Suddenly, the voice stopped in the middle of a sentence. Jiyeong opened her eyes to look into a pair of angry brown ones.

“What are you doing here?” the copper-haired boy spat out. He was glaring at her.

“Sorry, I didn’t know anyone would be here. When I heard you rapping, I couldn’t not hear, you know. It was really great!” Jiyeong exclaimed. She gave the boy two thumbs-up.

The boy just kept glaring at her. “Get out,” he snarled.

“Okay, okay, I’m going.” Jiyeong stood with her hands raised. She quickly exited the room.

“Geez, I think I’ve found another Hoseok Hyung,” she mumbled under her breath.


That evening was Jiyeong’s second Gathering. The boys all gathered in the living room. “Anyone wants to speak out about something important that has to do with the house?” Namjoon started off.

Jiyeong glanced nervously at Taehyung, but he kept his mouth shut. She cast her eyes around the other boys and met the stare of Jin. Why was he always staring so strangely at her? Now it was really starting to get on her nerves.

“If there’s nothing, I have to go to a meeting,” Hoseok stated in his usual cold voice. He stood and walked to the front door.

“He’s constantly busy helping his father,” Jungkook whispered to Jiyeong. She stared after the older boy, surprised. He was only a high-schooler was already preparing to inherit the business after his father?


The next day, Jiyeong was scanning the cafeteria as usual for a glimpse of someone who could be her brother. Suddenly, her eyes found a familiar redhead in the midst of brown, black, and blonde hair.

She nudged Jungkook and pointed to the boy. “Who is he?” she whispered.

Jungkook frowned and squinted. “Him? Ah, he’s a senior who likes keeping to himself. No one bothers him. Do you know him?” He turned back to his friend, curiosity in his eyes.

Jiyeong shook her head. “No, just wondering. What is his name?”

“He’s Suga Sunbae.”

 


Thank you, readers!!! I appreciate any new subscribers, comments, and upvotes!!!!! :D