School Clinic

House of Secrets

“So, partner, when would you like to start?” Jimin drawled as soon as he seated himself in the empty seat next to Jiyeong.

Jungkook froze midway in putting his spoonful of yogurt into his mouth. “What?” he spluttered.

Jiyeong rolled her eyes. “We’re supposed to do a group project together,” she muttered. Having lost her appetite, she was tearing her cheese sandwich into tiny pieces absentmindedly.

“What?” Jungkook’s eyes rounded. His spoon slipped from her fingers and Jin immediately got up to get some paper napkins. However, the younger boy didn’t even seem to know that he had made a mess on his school uniform.

“She told you. We’re partners.” Jimin childishly stuck his tongue out at Jungkook and threw an arm around Jiyeong, making her stiffen in surprise. “That mean we’re best friends.” Jiyeong couldn’t help but scoff at his words. She sometimes seriously wondered if his brain had failed to grow properly, leaving him with the mindset of a kindergartener.

“I don’t get your logic,” Taehyung said calmly as he picked a piece of the torn sandwich from Jiyeong’s tray and casually threw it at Jimin. Jimin wrinkled his nose. Jiyeong immediately pushed his arm off of her shoulders.

“Let’s get this done and over with,” Jiyeong muttered. She turned to face Jimin sternly. “Meet me in the living room after school and we’ll finish up the research today.”

“Okay,” Jimin said. He gave her a wink, making Namjoon, who had been sitting across from Jiyeong, choke on his sandwich. “We’ll make the best project ever, right, best friend?” Jimin smirked as he leaned his head to get a good look at Jungkook’s face. Jungkook was white.

Jiyeong gazed at him concernedly. “Are you not feeling well? Should we go to the school clinic?” Just as she said those words, her new task popped into mind. She had to find the clinic soon.

“I’m fine.” Jungkook’s voice was cold. The girl frowned. Why was Jungkook like this all the time nowadays? Did his father contact him recently? Was he having trouble with a subject or his club? She made sure to mentally remind herself later to ask.


As soon as the last period of the day came around, Jiyeong started wandering around in the empty hallways like usual. Where was the clinic?

Her feet carried her to the far end of the school, where there was a hallway she had never been before. Something in her gut told her that it where the clinic was. When she walked into the hallway, double doors greeted her. In a small plaque next to the doors, the word “clinic” popped out at her.

For some reason, Jiyeong’s palms began sweaty. She carefully pushed one of the doors open a crack. Leaning her head forward, she peeked into the room and immediately met eyes with a familiar person.

“Hello? Can I help you?” A deep voice startled her even more. However, it wasn’t from the person inside the room, but behind her. She whirled around to see a tall young man with curly brown hair and black glasses with huge frames peering down at her. She was less scared of being caught and more captivated of the man’s huge round chocolate-brown eyes behind his glasses.

“Can I help you?” he repeated. His eyes were warm.

Jiyeong shook her head furiously, snapping back to attention. “I’m sorry. Um…”

As she was racking her brains for a valid excuse, the person inside the clinic called her name. “Jiyeong!”

The door was opened from the inside. Jiyeong winced as Jin repeated her name. “Jiyeong. What are you doing here?” His brows came together.

“Err… I don’t feel well!” Jiyeong cried out. Jin’s eyes widened at her outburst.

“Do you have a fever?” The man put a hand against her forehead. Jiyeong jumped a few steps back, only to collide into Jin.

“Sorry!” she squeaked. “And no, I don’t!”

Jin put a hand on her shoulder to steady her. “Calm down.”

“I… have a headache.” Jiyeong pulled her face into a wince.

Jin stared at her for a moment. “Well, you can come in and lie down for a while.”

Jin led her into the clinic. It was the size of a regular classroom, with cots in a row on one side.

“Why are you here?” Jiyeong asked. “Are you hurt?”

The senior laughed. “No, I’m the school doctor’s assistant. My seventh period is Medicine. You see, I’m preparing to be a doctor someday.”

Jiyeong sat down on a cot. “Oh, that’s cool!”

The boy gave her a warm smile. “You should lie down. Do you need Tylenol?” he asked, gently. Jiyeong shook her head and did what he told her to.

A head with curly hair entered her vision. She had totally forgotten about the school nurse – well, apparently doctor. “Are you a senior?” he asked.

“No, I’m a junior.” Jiyeong tightly shut her eyes. She hoped he wouldn’t give her a check-up or something; since he was a doctor, he would know in a flash that she was actually a girl.

“I’ll keep an eye on him,” she heard Jin say. She waited and only let out a breath after she heard footsteps walk away from her cot.

So this was the school clinic. How was she supposed to dig through the health file if the school doctor was here 24/7? A small sigh escaped her lips.


“Okay.” Jiyeong had set out all her things on the coffee table of the living room, prepared to stay there for several hours until her research was done. Writing utensils were laid in a row in one corner while a stack of books and files were neatly placed, taking up half of the table. A pair of footsteps sounded in the hallway. “Jimin?”

She lifted her head to see the idol rush to the front door, where he started to shove his shoes on. Jiyeong’s brow furrowed. “Whoa, where are you going? We were supposed to start on our project!” ‘And get it done as fast as we can,’ she added in her head.

“Can’t. I forgot that I had something to do.” Jimin didn’t even look in her direction.

“Is it that important? Where are you going?” Jiyeong had taken so long getting ready for the research session, even printing numerous sections from research journals and color-coding them beforehand. Frustration piling up, she stood up and rushed to follow Jimin, who was disappearing behind the door. “Wait for me! I have to talk to you!”

 


Hey guys!!! If you want to read another story along with this one, subscribe to Two Worlds!! You won't regret it!

Love you guys~! :D