A Stranger in the House

House of Secrets

“Taehyung.” The monotone voice made the said boy jump. Taehyung whirled around in his chair to look at his unexpected visitor, who was standing at the door of his room. Instead of his usual scowl, Hoseok had a peculiar look on his face.

“W-what?” Taehyung could not believe his eyes. It had been months since Hoseok had actually talked to him.

“I have a question. About the evening of the party.” Hoseok folded his arms.

Taehyung’s thoughts immediately landed on Jiyeong. He broke out into a cold sweat. “What about it?”

“Who was the girl with you?”

Taehyung gulped. “Um, you mean Jina Lee?”

Hoseok narrowed his eyes. “Jina Lee? Are you sure it wasn’t Kim?”

Taehyung mentally face-palmed himself. How could he have forgotten? He was an actor who memorized pages of lines, for goodness sake! His face turned pale.

“Taehyung!” The very girl he was thinking about appeared next to Hoseok. Hoseok gave a start and glanced down at her, looking annoyed. “Taehyung!” The girl ignored him. “I need to talk to you about something!”

The boy saw Hoseok’s eyes widen when he saw something or someone in the hallway. “Who are you?” the cold boy spat out. Taehyung’s eyebrows lifted. There was a stranger inside the House? Jiyeong was pressing her lips with guilt playing on her countenance.

“He’s Suga Sunbae.” At Jiyeong’s words, Taehyung’s mouth dropped open. He jumped out of his seat. As if needing to see the boy himself to make sure the fact that Suga was in the House was true, he dashed out into the hallway. dropped open, almost comically.

“W-why is he h-here?” Taehyung spluttered when he managed to get his voice out.

“I would like to know that myself.” Hoseok’s voice wasn’t as cold as usual; it was frigid.

“Um, well…” Jiyeong glanced between the two boys and then at Suga, who was noticeably uncomfortable. “It’s best if I tell you when everyone gathers in the living room. We can have an early Gathering.”

“Does Namjoon Hyung know you brought him here?” Taehyung asked.

Jiyeong nodded. She started heading for the living room with Suga trailing her. The two other boys followed.

The two elder boys were sitting on the couch, looking bemused. Jungkook was sitting on the floor with a scowl on his face. As soon as the four joined them, Jimin appeared, looking like he just came out of the shower. Taehyung assumed that he, too, knew of Suga sometime before himself because of the baffled look on the idol’s face.

“He doesn’t have any place to go!” Jiyeong burst out, making almost everyone in the room jump. Then she started explaining Suga’s situation while the said boy just quietly stood aloofly.

“I say no. It was a big of a stretch enough to bring in Jiyeong,” Hoseok stated coldly.

Jiyeong immediately turned to the boy, and although she had expected just as much from the boy, she couldn’t help but whine. “But it’s not his fault he doesn’t have a home!”

Namjoon and Jin exchanged glances. “I’ll have to talk with Jin about this,” Namjoon said.

“He can stay with me until that time,” Taehyung piped up. All eyes widened and turned to him. He shrugged. “I don’t mind. I have a big room. I can share.”

Jiyeong flashed him a grateful smile. “Thanks!” she cried out. Relief was etched on her features. Jungkook’s frown deepened.

“I object,” Jimin cried out. “We should vote on it, like a democracy!” He puffed out his chest at what he considered a “smart” thing to say.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “This is Jin Hyung’s house and Namjoon Hyung is the leader of the House of Secrets. It’s their call. Anyways, you had nothing against Jiyeong staying here once you got to know her. Once you get to know Suga Sunbae, maybe you’ll change your mind.” By then, Jiyeong was practically beaming at Taehyung.

“I don’t like it,” Jungkook muttered. Then he stood up abruptly and left the room. Jiyeong followed him with her eyes, torn whether to follow him or not.

“I’ll show Suga Sunbae my room for now,” Taehyung said to Jiyeong. His tone was gentle. “You go ask him what’s wrong.” The girl gave him a strained smile of gratitude. She was thankful he was so understanding.

When Jiyeong entered her best friend’s room, Jungkook was lying on his bed. He seemed to be letting out steam. Jiyeong cautiously sat on the edge of the bed. “Jungkook, what’s wrong?” she whispered.

Jungkook refused to look at her. After a moment of silence, he spoke out. “Do you like Suga Sunbae?”

Jiyeong was flabbergasted. “What?”

“Why are you being so nice to him?”

“I just feel sorry for him, alright? You don’t know half the things he had gone through. He even suffers depression! I just think that I can help him, okay?” Jiyeong frowned. A thought occurred to her. “Are you jealous?”

Jungkook turned his head towards her. His eyes were pools of mixed emotions that Jiyeong couldn’t figure out, no matter how long she knew the boy. The boy sat up silently.

“Whatever happens, you’re always going to be my best friend, alright? If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here today. It’s just that I want to help someone for a change, instead of being helped all the time.” Jiyeong’s eyes softened as she said those words. She leaned over and put her arms around Jungkook.

Jungkook silently put his own arms around her.

 


The latest update!!! Upload a comment before you leave!