Chap 7: It's Me

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 May 2014, 8.45 PM...

"Call the ambulance! Quick!" Hugging my precious in my arms, I called out to the bunch of kids having a barbeque party under the nearby shelter. The rain continued to pour mercilessly.

I never knew that this would happen... It pains me even more to see you hurt like this... I shouldn't have kept it from you... I should have told you... I should have told you so that we can share the worries together... Why am I so stupid?! Why didn't I tell you?! If only... If only I told you this wouldn't have happened... You wouldn't be lying like this in my arms... Lifeless...

As I was lost in my thoughts while blaming myself, I felt the lifeless body lying in my arms move. Her fingers gripped onto my shirt with the remaining energy that was left within her. I looked at her, noticing that her eyes have opened slightly.

"Wheein-ya... Wake up... Look at me! Wheein-ya..." I held onto my baby girl's hand tightly using my right hand while sobbing. I know that I can lose the whole world but not her. "JUNG WHEEIN!... Please... Please look at me! Don't sleep... Don't close your eyes... Don't leave me..." Wiping the blood on her cheeks with my left hand, I urged Wheein to look at me instead of drifting off to sleep. The crimson red blood continued to flow down from her head, staining her dream-like angelic face. The pouring rain, on the other hand, tried to wash away those blood. 

"Wheein-ya, stay with me... Talk to me... Let me know you're with me... JUNG WHEEIN!" Not willing to let her drift off into eternal slumber, my trembling left hand continuously tapped on her cheeks anxiously as she rested on my right arm.

"Why didn't... You tell... Me...?" Wheein struggled to piece her words together as the injury on her head is causing too much pain to her.  

"It's not the time to ask that question!" I found myself annoyed at Wheein for asking an irrelevant question when she might not even survive with that amount of bleeding. "I'll tell you when you are all fine... Now use all your energy to stay awake, don't think about anything else... Just stay with me... Don't leave me alone here... I can not live without you my love... I can't..."

"Your hands... Are warm..." Her dimple appeared as she smiled lightly. The dimple that I have always loved... The dimple that I am now afraid that I will never see again... "They are... Always warmer... Than mine... I love... Them this... Way..."

"Shhh..." I cut Wheein off, seeing that her eyes are starting to close again. "Don't waste your energy talking nonsense. Use it to open your eyes! Use your energy to see me infront of you..."

"I'm sorry... For doubting... Your love..." She continued despite my various attempts to stop her. "I will... Always love... you..."

"I know..." I sighed, hoping that she would just channel all her energy into staying awake. "I know you have never stopped loving me. I love you too, Jung Wheein. You are my one and only. This will never change, forever. I love you too my perfect-as-angel girlfriend."

"I... Love... You..." Using her last ounce of energy, Wheein made sure that I heard those words clearly from before she turned unconscious.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" At that moment, all the bustling activities happening around the beach ceased. Everything fell silent. Even the rain seemed to freeze in mid air. It was as though the time has stopped. It was as though the world has stopped, just for me to suffer in pain alone. "JUNG WHEEIN WAKE UP! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? WAKE UP!!!" As I reprimanded the lifeless being laying in my arms, my heart felt as empty as a vacuum. It felt like someone has removed all the contents of my heart, leaving only a hollow structure behind. Holding Wheein tightly in my arms, I cried as though the world has fallen on me.

In this world... I have never found anything that belonged to me... Until I found you, Jung Wheein... Why do you have to leave me like this? What can I do to bring you back? I will promise you everything just so that you can come back to life... I will be willing to exchange anything just to see your smile... I will be willing to exchange my life for yours... Just... Just come back to me Jung Wheein... Please... Please... Please...

Faraway, the ambulance siren resounded through the rainy night.

That is the only hope I am left with now. The only hope that I can rely on to see you smiling again. The only hope that I can rely on to see your dimple again... The only hope that I can rely on to hear your angelic voice again... The only hope... The only hope that I can rely on to have you laughing in my arms again...

13 May 2014, 3.00 AM...

"I'll stay with Wheein tonight." I announced to the 2 members as well as CEO-nim that has all arrived at the hospital after hearing the news.

"No," Hyejin replied firmly. "I will not leave Wheein-ie alone. Plus, I'm currently her rightful guardian and closest kin that her family acknowledges. I have the right to stay with her till she wakes up. Like CEO-nim said, only one person should stay and that person should rightfully be me. She will want to see me first when she awakes."

"Hyejin-ah I am..." I paused, realising that it is not the right time to reveal the relationship between Wheein and I at this moment. "I am the one who found her... I need to stay and know her condition."

"That's not a valid reason. All of us wants to know her condition. And... I'll just update you guys if anything happens." She is definitely not willing to back down on this.

"Just go home and get some sleep you two. We're all tired from worrying about Wheein during the 6-hour long surgery. During this time of crisis, all the more you guys should work together and not bicker on this." CEO-nim agreed with Hyejin's thoughts, the worried frown visible on his face. "I will get your manager unnie to take care of her. Just for tonight, Hyejin you will stay over. You guys still have all your individual preparation lessons tomorrow to attend. Let's just pray that she will wake up as soon as possible. Even the Doctor does not know when exactly she will wake up so all of us will have to hang in there. Don't tire yourself out before Wheein awakes. Understand?" 

All three of us nodded in reply to his question. At that moment, CEO-nim's words sounded like commands for us to follow. However, I know that CEO-nim is worried. He is not worrying about our debut date that has been scheduled, but rather, he is concerned about Wheein's condition just like us... Because CEO-nim has always treated us like his daughters and to see his daughter lying in the hospital... No parent will be able to fall asleep comfortably in bed.

Reluctantly, I headed home leaving Hyejin behind to accompany Wheein. I know I wouldn't be able to fall asleep with Wheein lying unconscious in the hospital... But we have to keep up the act. At least till we have debuted, our relationship has to remain a secret...

14 May 2014...

"My love~" Wheein shouted across the cafe and ran towards me. "Did you miss me?" Those eyelids of hers were fluttering in excitement as her arms formed a loop around my neck.

I nodded continuously as though I was cast under her spell. Having my hands placed on her back, I know that just by seeing this girl infront of me had brighten up my day. "If your eyes continue to shoot those hearts at me, I may die of happiness." I giggled, though deep down I knew that I would not want her to stop doing it. "I missed you... Alot... So much that just by hugging you now is not enough." At that, I planted a kiss on her forehead, taking in the smell of fresh cut roses coming from her hair.

"All those lies~" She looked up at me pouting. Even so, I saw the chuckle hidden at the tip of her pink lips. "If you missed me why did you come so late! I've been waiting for so long~ Come!"

Wheein held on to my wrist and pulled me to the table facing the turquoise dyed sea. The table with its seat that is always reserved for us.

"Hmm?" Instead of sitting right opposite me like how we usually start off our dates, Wheein slid beside me and laid her head on my lap. "Aren't you hungry today? We should fill that little tummy of yours first." My hands left the menu on the table and moved towards her face.

Those cheeks... That dimple... Those eyes... They all belong to me... Unknowingly, I found myself secretly rejoicing at her beauty. Why? Because she's no one else's but mine.

"Stop smiling like you have been star-strucked~" Wheein could read my facial expressions even with her eyes closed. "If you really love me that much... Give me a kiss on this lips... Instead of on my forehead or anywhere else but here". Pointing at her lips, she challenged me with those words.

"Jung Wheein!" I whispered, slightly embarassed but at the same time, also slightly glad that she is all daring infront of me. "We're in the public!" At that, I leaned towards her forehead and gave a peck.

"I was just kidding~ Kekekeke~" She laughed as she played with my hands. Her hands felt unusually cold to the touch. "You make me sound like some wolf trying to take advantage of you every second I can get! I too, want to protect my first kiss till that day where we can hold our hands infront of the members and receive everyone's blessings." 

Pinching her cheek with my free hand, I looked up towards the counter wanting to order some food for us. It was then that I realised that we're the only ones here in the usually bustling beach cafe. I looked around, trying to find signs of any other living creature but to no avail.

How weird... There isn't even a waiter or cashier at the counter... Even the friendly old grandma is not around...

"Wheein-ah, there's no one..." I trailed off my words as I realised that Wheein is now no longer lying on my lap. "Here..." In fact, there is no sign of her anywhere. I was all alone in the cafe. Then, my vision started to blur and the whole room started to turn dark.

I jolted awake with my eyes wide open. Lying on Wheein's bed, it dawned upon me that what has happened just awhile ago were nothing but a dream. A dream that would haunt me until Wheein returns to my side safe and sound. My head laid on her soft pillow. The smell of her shampoo-- fresh cut roses, still lingers on her pillow. I sobbed silently into the pillow, afraid that I would wake the others up. Those tears, continued to stream down my face as I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter