Chap 5: Love Hurts

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you out of your mind?! Obviously you can't do that!" Yongsun unnie screamed so loudly, I'm sure her words can be heard even from the next corridor. "Definitely not you and Wheein."

"Then who do you think should do it then?" Looking straight at me with a knowing look, Byulyi unnie directed her question towards Yongsun unnie. "Don't tell me you are going to reject Wheerun-ie's idea... You know that it is an awesome idea that even our 아빠* (Dad) would raise both hands to agree. Plus, it's my solo part. If I'm not gonna do it, who do you think is fitting to do it, leader-nim?" We both knew that there would be objection to that fan service at the end of our comeback choreography. Simply from the look in Byulyi unnie's eyes, I could read that we have both identified the same person even before this discussion happened.

*In this case, the members call their CEO-nim 'Dad' because they are so close to him as though he is their dad. Eversince their debut, their CEO-nim is known as their 'Dad'

"I'm pretty sure Hyejin-ie can do it just as well with you, Byul! Or even me!" The fire raging in Yongsun unnie's eyes looked like they could burn the whole building down.

"Are you kidding me leader-nim?!" Hyejin looked up from her long and well painted nails, at the mention of her name. "No one will believe me doing that shy face that Wheein-ie does naturally for goodness sake! In fact, you might want to prepare buckets at the audience seats for our MooMoos to puke in. To show our concern for them, we should probably get a doctor to check up on them after that as well..." Sarcasm could be sensed from her words as Hyejin uttered them in disbelief.

"Wheein-ah, you mean you're totally okay with this arrangement?" Yongsun unnie sighed as she knew that Hyejin had just gave her consent to carry on with the choreography. She did not even bother to make eye contact with me, instead she kept her eyes on the floor.

Why is everyone asking if I'm okay with the idea when I was the one who came up with it?! For god's sake, you guys seem like the ones that are uncomfortable with it!

"I don't see why I will have a problem with it..." Containing my anger that rose out of confusion, I continued, "first and foremost, I came up with that idea so I won't be feeling uncomfortable about it... Secondly, I don't know why I should feel uncomfortable about it... Honestly, I don't even know why you guys are so concern about my comfort, when you guys seem to be the ones that are sitting on a nail bed regarding this matter."

The members immediately shot nervous looks at one another. Silence ensued until Hyejin finally spoke up.

"Sorry Wheein-ie..." Hyejin's face was filled with guilt. "We all know about 'that person' now... Albeit we have no idea who is 'that person' you were dating with before your memory loss. Sorry I had to tell Yongsun unnie about that session we had up in the rooftop... She forced me to say the details, out of concern over you. I also had to tell her about your splitting headaches whenever you explore too much into your past memories... Anyways, we know how much it hurts when you try to remember the past. We don't want to trigger those past memories anymore, we just want a healthy, happy Jung Wheein..."

"Any intimate actions may cause you to remember something," Yongsun unnie continued, still avoiding my gaze. "We don't want to see you hurting as though your head is going to shatter into pieces. It would probably be better... Better... For you to... Forget about it..." She hesitated as the last sentence left her lips. I could see that worried frown on her face even as she hides her face from my view. 

"Probably, the hurt will go away...as 'that person' is... Erased from your memories for-... For-...Forever..." Byulyi unnie struggled to hold back on those tears that were accumulating in her eyes as well.

Those are part of my memories... And these memories are precious to me... I tried my hardest to forget about them before but it didn't work... I tried my hardest to forget about you before, but it didn't work... I know that one of you is 'that person'. I know that I will be able to find you again if I just try to. And what is this that you are doing to me now? Just when I've decided not to give up... Just when I'm trying my hardest to figure out who you are... Are you asking me to forget about you? Are you asking me to forget those memories that you also hold on dearly to?! 

"I'm not going to do that!" As though my eyes were broken taps, tears flowed down uncontrollably. "Who do you think you are to ask me to forget?! Who do you think you are to tell me not to think about 'that person'?! Who do you think you are to say that it would be better to throw away those memories?! Who do you think you are to say that I would not hurt so long as the memories are gone?!" I found myself panting after those words left me.

Hyejin scooted over to comfort me. This is the first time I have thrown such a temper infront of them, infront of Hyejin. Even when Hyejin and I were failing many auditions, I had never been this frustrated... Hyejin placed her arm on my shoulder and drawed my body closer towards her. "You don't know how hard I have tried to forget before. You don't know how much it hurt when I tried to forget. Forgetting didn't work..." I took a deep breath before I continued. "So I didn't want to forget those memories anymore. But you know what? Even as those memories come back, I can never see the face that made me so happy in those days! It is so blurry... No matter how much I try, I can never make out that face. It is probably fate... Probably... Probably I'm not supposed to be in that picture anymore... Because you guys are the couple. Not me. But I can't erase you from my heart. Why? Why? Why? Why don't you guys tell me why?!" 

This was the first time I had let out my feelings. Both Yongsun unnie and Byulyi unnie stared at me, overwhelmed at the current situation. "I know it is one of you. I have been really confused. Seeing you guys hanging out together, sometimes... Just sometimes... My heart kind of hurts..." I trailed off on my words as I know that it would not change the fact that Yongsun unnie and Byulyi unnie are the ones together. 

"This choreography, is really just a fan service I want to give to our MooMoos. Don't object to it saying that you worry about me, because I'm fine with it. I will be fine doing it. If it kills you inside to see me doing it, then own up and tell me you're 'that person'... Own up that you still have feelings for me and not leave me confused anymore." Holding on to Hyejin tightly, I garnered my courage to say out th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter