Chap 14: You're Mine

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wheein-ya, is everything alright?" With my two hands holding on her shoulder, I stared intently into her eyes for an answer. For the past 10 minutes, she had been in this state of daze, eyes staring into somewhere far beyond me. Despite the numerous questions I have tried to ask her, I couldn't extract a reply from her... Not even a single movement.

"Wheein-ya, look at me!" I moved myself forward, making sure that I am now the only one enclosed in her vision field. Having a frown sewn in between my brows, I continued to question her. "Can you hear what I say?"

After blinking her eyes twice, she nodded.

Thank god you finally responded, Jung Wheein. I swear I would have strangled you for a response if you still continue to ignore my presence!

Heaving a sigh of relief, my lips arched upwards unknowingly. "Are you feeling okay?"

She nodded, even though her eyes still seemed to be in a daze as she looked at me. Slowly, her eyes started to turn watery and I could feel the tears threatening to break out of her puppy eyes.

"What's wrong? Is your head hurting?" Anxious, I cupped her face in my hands, unsure of what to do to prevent the tears from rolling.

Shaking her head, her lips were trembling. At any moment she would break out in tears. I'm sure of that. 

"Then why are your eyes filled with tears? Why are you not speaking a word? No... No... This won't do... We should make a way down to the hospital. I'll call for a taxi to come over." Speeding through my sentences so fast, I found myself panting when I started to manoeuvre myself out of the corner seat.

"No... There's no need to..." Finally she spoke up. Like a child, she tugged on the hem of my shirt, preventing me from leaving. Without saying a word, I waited for her to continue with what she wanted to say. Crystal-like droplets left her eyes as she tightened her grip on my shirt. "I'm really alright. It's just... It's just that I remembered everything, Byulie... Byulie-ya, I'm sor..."

"No. You don't have to say it." I cut her off, knowing fully well what she would say if she had remembered everything. As I looked into her eyes, my hand reached out to her hair. "I'm the one who should. I'm at fault for not telling you the truth. I thought you could handle it better if I had just helped to bring it to a close. No, I should say that I was a coward... I didn't know how to approach that subject so I dragged on and did not want it to be told... I'm the one who should apologise. It's all my fault that the misunderstanding existed in the first place."

If I just told you, you wouldn't have ran away angrily. Losing you was my punishment.

Having a chance to love you again, is a miracle I'm blessed with.

So there's no need for you to say sorry, I should be the one who is thankful instead.

Wiping away the tears rolling down her cheeks with my thumb, I continued. "Wheein-ya, I'm sorry for wanting to run away from you because I thought it would hurt for you to remember. I'm sorry for leaving you confused and lost alone all these while. I'm sorry for making all those decisions for you, telling you to forget at one moment but wanting you to remember in the next. I'm sorry for being a selfish freak like I am, saying that I will leave but at the same time not wanting to let you go. I'm sor..."

"Is it I need to plant a kiss right here like how you did, so that you would stop saying those words?" She brought her index finger to my lips, trying to shush me."If I can't say that word, you're banned from saying it too. So shhh..."

I nodded obediently. However my focus was no longer on what she had said but rather, directed to her protruding lips.

How can you look... So... Attractive?

I... Jung Wheein... I can't stop myself...

"Hello! We're talking about something serious here, Moon Byulyi!" A light push from her stopped me from leaning in and broke the curse I almost fell into. Bringing my focus back onto her, I tried to throw those thoughts to the back of my head. "It's true that all this happened because of our mistakes but it is also compounded by the coincidences that happened at the wrong timing. My graduation, Starry's... Death and the lack of trust in between us. Instead of saying sorry, let's make a practical agreement from now onwards." She ended with a firm nod as though she had made a grave decision.

"Practical agreement?" Alarmed at her sudden use of words, I sat up straight immediately to pay my full attention. "Why does this sound like some business?"

"Yes, it is business." The dimple on her face reappeared, somewhat lightening the 'serious' conversation we are engaged in. "You, Moon Byulyi, is going to sell your heart, body and soul to me. So from now onwards you are never going to leave me, neither am I leaving you." At that, her smiley eyes resurfaced together with a scrunchy nose smile that she tries to imitate at every time possible.

"Since you say that it's business, I'll be serious for you then." Her tone is far to unserious for this conversation to carry on but I stopped myself from laughing. Threading my fingers through her hair, I smiled at her childishness. "For your information, I'm your only cure for 'Moon Byulyi induced Love Sickness' my dear."

You're so much like a little kid... But I like that you're this adorable everytime I see you...

"If you haven't realised, I'm your only cure for 'Jung Wheein induced Love Sickness' as well," Wheein shrugged her shoulders seemingly undeterred at my words. "Besides, I believe your condition is worst than mine just from the following symptoms..."

The beautiful smirk of hers appeared on her face before she continued. "Symptom 1: Unable to stop yourself from wanting to kiss me. I can see that you are curbing your desires right now." Index finger landing on her slightly protruding lips, she looked up towards me with those innocent looking eyes. 

Stop Jung Wheein... Stop seducing me...

"I'm not." I turned away from looking at her lips and tried to focus on her eyes. That was a outright lie as I could feel my eyes widening, trying to convince her, or rather, I'm trying to convince myself.

"Symptom 2: Unable to stop yourself from touching me. Like see how your fingers are threading through my hair now." Wheein's eyes directed towards the direction which my hand was entwined in her hair. My fingers stopped dead in their tracks immediately. "You don't have to hide it!" Chuckling to herself, Wheein said as she shot a wink towards me. Instantly, I pulled my hands back to my side.

"And lastly, symptom 3... Your heart races like crazy when I do this." Inching closer, she allowed our foreheads to come in contact. Lips less than an inch apart, I could feel her warm breath blowing against my moist lips. "Just like how you make mine run excitedly."

"Whee... Whee.. Whee-in-yaaa..." Stuttering, my nervousness was no longer concealed.

"Yes Byulie?" Her innocent puppy eyes showed that she was clearly fooling around with me. "Are you the one who is desperately willing to give up on protecting first kisses now?"

Smiling to myself, I admired her beauty placed before me. This was the widest grin I had in a long while. "Now, I'm very sure my Wheein is totally back." Planting a kiss on her forehead, I completed my sentence as I slowly trailed down towards her lips.

However, before my lips brushed passed hers, Wheein leaned forward to take the initiative. Our lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter