We're Over Pt. 2 (Wheein)

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the accident that Wheein went through was on the 12 May 2014.

Wheein's Memory...

"Why is that Byulyi unnie still sleeping?! Why is it that her breakfast is still lying on the table, when I'm already finishing my lunch soon?" Hyejin turned towards her room mate who was in the kitchen area, words filled with sarcasm. "Someone tell me why our leader-nim is so biased towards Byulyi unnie please~"

"Just let her sleep in... She's probably tired from last night." Yongsun unnie wiped her hand on the towel hanging by the kitchen entrance after washing up the dishes.

"Last night? Unnie, you were with her?" Sitting on the couch, my attention was diverted from the TV to Yongsun unnie immediately at her mention of last night.

Yongsun unnie picked up the remote on the coffee table and started switching the channels as she took a seat next to me on the couch. "Nah I wasn't..." She paused suddenly, as though remembering something after saying those words. "Oh... Erm... Actually, yes... We were together... We were practicing together in the recording studio! HA... HA..!"

"Practicing?! For what?!" Hyejin asked in horror before I could even reply. "Did I miss out on anything again?"

"I'm pretty sure I received no new notice from CEO-nim either..." I looked at Yongsun unnie, eyes filled with doubt.

"We're practicing for... Erm... Like you know... The final evaluation next week!" Yongsun unnie said, the pitch in her voice unusually high today.

"From what I remember there isn't an item that you guys are doing together..." Hyejin replied before placing another spoonful of rice into .

That was just exactly my thoughts Ahn Hyejin! No wonder we are besties!

"We were trying to come up with one... You guys know how Byul is! She always want to do some unexpected things in the most unexpected situations... She erm... Just wanted to surprise CEO-nim with the song that we have been composing together these days... HA... HA..!" Replying with a nervous laughter, Yongsun unnie turned off the TV. "There's nothing interesting on the TV today... Uh... I'll be going back into the room to catch some sleep that I lost from staying up late at the studio yesterday!" Quickening her pace, Yongsun unnie disappeared into the hallway.

At practice? Why would a grown up like her return home in that state when she was just practicing? There was definitely something going on... Something really big... Something really significant to her that would make her breakdown like that...

"My room mate seems to be hiding something together with that room mate of yours," Hyejin looked at me with a spark in her eyes, as though she have had full grasp of the whole situation. "Oh my god! Perhaps they are dating secretly without us knowing?! Like you know they are only 'just' practicing together now... The next thing you know they are going to secretly hold hands... Then secretly go on a date together... share a secret ki...."

"AHN HYE JIN!" Feeling the jealousy grow within me, I cut Hyejin off at once, even before she could mouth out the word 'Kiss'. Returning to my calm state, I replied, "that won't be happening..." Because she's mine...  

Even though I was sure of the love Byulie has for me, I can't help but wonder what happened yesterday while I was busy at graduation.

What is so important to you that you can even break the promise to attend my graduation? Is it Yongsun unnie? What is this thing that you share with Yongsun unnie? What is this thing that Yongsun unnie knows that even I have no clue about? What is this thing that Yongsun unnie is trying to hide?

I do trust Byulie... I do... But these thoughts keeps hovering up in my head, I am certain that I need to find out the answer from her. I should be the one who knows her best... I should be the one who shares her worries with her...

Getting up from the couch, I lazily stretched myself and turned towards Hyejin. "I'm gonna go get an afternoon nap which I haven't done in ages... Don't bother waking up Byulyi unnie and I, because I'll be locking the door for a good, undisrupted sleep."

I headed towards the bedroom, trying my hardest to stop myself from quickening my pace so that Hyejin-ie would not suspect a thing.

"Oh, you're awake?" I turned around after trying to close the door as gently as possible and putting on the lock, only to see Byulie already seated up on her bed. "By the way, where did you go yesterday night?"

"Ahh... I thought you wouldn't ask..." Byulie said avoiding eye contact with me, seemingly uncomfortable with carrying on this conversation. "I saw you locking the door over there," a smirk appeared on her face as she diverted the attention smoothly. "What did you intend to do?" Immediately, Byulie pulled her blankets over her defensively. "They are just outside~!"

"I wasn't intending to do anything! For goodness sake, I'm just barely legal! Only you would think of such things!" I could feel the rush of blood towards my cheeks while I struggled to keep my voice down. Byulie kept her gaze on me while she laughed uncontrollably.

"I only wanted us to talk..." Trying to sound as serious as possible, I walked towards her slowly and climbed up onto her bed. The old bunk bed ladder started to creak again. Embarassed, I looked up at Byulie.

"It's the stairs that is old. You know you're not heavy at all! Come~" She welcomed me onto her bed with her arm outstretched in my direction. That signature smile of hers reappeared on her face. Her nose muscles scrunched as she smiled, as though greeting 'Good Morning' to me... Or should I say 'Good Afternoon'? However, her smile today seemed to be slightly gloomy. Catching onto her hand that was held out to me, I made my way up the creaking ladder.

"At least not now~ Don't you dare tell me that you're going to go on a diet. I'm going to get angry if you do! You know... My dream girl will become less perfect if she loses any more weight~" As I adjusted myself to move closer to her, I looked up to see Byulie pouting at me like a little kid while spouting all those cheesy nonsense. Though they were just honeyed words, I can't help but smile at this chipmunk-looking girl infront of me... Because at that moment, I realised once again that this girl infront of me is mine. She is just as perfect for me like I am for her. There was no need for me to doubt that... She definitely belongs to me only...

Because I love you, I want to know what is bothering you...

"I couldn't bring myself to ask yesterday when you came back running into my arms while sobbing." I tried to hide the fact that I was just doubting her love for me moments ago. I regretted doing that to someone whose eyes only had me within.

"Tell me, Byulie... There must be something that made you break a promise... It must be something really significant to you... I want to know what is bothering you so I can bring you away from it." I encircled my arms around her waist as I sat on her bed, just beside her. 

"I was at..." As she paused, her fingers too stopped and remained tangled in my hair. Eventually, she picked up from where she left off and her fingers untangled themselves before tracing the side of my ears. "It was nothing much... I was just at the practice studio. I wanted to practice some more for the evaluation next week. You know how much I want us to debut together... I even saw Yongsun unnie practicing her singing in the recording studio late into the night! You can ask her about it!"

"You guys were not practicing together..?" The incoherent recount of hers with Yongsun unnie heightened my suspicions once again.

"Why would we practice together?" Her eyes widened, a typical sign whenever she tries to lie. It was clear that she was definitely hiding something.

"You're lying." I lifted my head that was resting against her arm, a slight frown forming between my brows. "No, both Yongsun unnie and you are lying. What are you guys hiding? Do you not trust me enough to tell me?"

"Wheein-ya, I'll tell you when all is settled." Her hands reached for my head, pulling me into an embrace. "Trust me."

"What is something so important that you share with Yongsun unnie and not with me?" Pushing her hand away, I rejected her attempt of any intimacy without a proper explanation of the events yesterday. This was the first time I had stopped her, and because of that, she immediately understood the seriousness of the current situation.

Why are both of you lying? What exactly happened between both of you last night? What is so important that you would skip my graduation? 

Do you... Perhaps like what Hyejin-ie said... Do you and Yongsun unnie have something going on?

No... No... No... That can't be...

What are you thinking Jung Wheein!

"If there's no trust between us it's probably time we should end here." After a long minute of silence, I spoke up as I knew that she had no intention to explain. I made my way down the creaky ladder as I continued to provoke her into telling me the truth. "I'm leaving."

"I believe there is trust between us so I'm asking you to trust me, Jung Wheein." Exasperated, Byulie sighed and followed me down the ladder. Seeing that I headed towards the door, her hands grabbed mine at the wrist, stopping me from leaving the room. The force she exerted spun me around to face her. Looking straight at me, she said firmly with her eyes reflecting her struggle within. "I don't want to put you in pain. So just trust me."

You're the one that is in pain... Why can't you tell me?

I want to know the truth, and I won't stop until I know. 

Even if you really had a change of heart... I want you to tell me.

"What you're doing now, hiding something from me... That's hurting me the most Moon Byulyi." I chose to ignore what I saw in her eyes. A droplet fell onto the back of her hand as I removed myself from her tight grasp. "You're the one that does not trust that I can lighten your worries. You trust that Yongsun unnie can... And not me..." As each word left my mouth, my heart felt more and more hollow.

Something is emptying itself, and it hurts terribly...

"It's not what you think it is!" Panicked, she ran towards me and encircled her hands around my waist from the back to prevent me from leaving.

"Then what are you hiding?!" I let my emotions take control over me as my hand pressed against the doorknob. Crystal-like droplets continued to fall downwards, this time towards the floor. "What are you hiding that only Yongsun unnie and yourself know?!"

Spending the whole evening together with Yongsun unnie and you're not even explaining? Breaking a promise that you made but you're asking me to trust you? What do you expect me to trust? If you had explained, at least I can believe in your story.

"I... I will tell you when it is all settled. Trust me, please." Bringing me closer to her chest, I know that she does not want to let go at this moment. Deep inside, she is having an inner war with herself. Her nose rested on my head, taking in the smell of our favourite scent-- fresh cut roses. The short and soft breaths blowing against my hair reminded me of her presence, and the love we had for each other... The love we used to have for each other... "What's the point of us being in a relationship when you don't even trust my words, Wheein-ya?"

"Exactly. Why do you not trust me? Why are you not telling me when you should trust that I can help you with it?" My questions left no mercy on her, but I did not stop at that. "So, we're breaking up because of the lack of trust."

"Jung Wheein!" Angrily, she unwrapped her hands that was hugging me. "I told you not to say those words so lightly! We used to joke about it but not now. At least not in this situation when we are both serious."

As though I had not heard her last sentence, I replied as I turned the doorknob. "I get it. We're over. It's over between us."

"Fine! If you want this relationship to end then walk out of that door." Her words reflected her frustration at my persistent interrogation. "Don't turn back asking for me ever again."

"Moon Byulyi... I hate you." Hearing her words, I retaliated with even stronger emotions. I know that those words she just said were merely out of rage, but they stung right at my heart.

How can you say those words to me?

It hurts you to say those words... But it hurts me to be listening to them too...

Holding myself from turning back, I walked out of the door as I picked up my white backpack hanging at the side.

I will not turn back... I am not going to turn back... I can not turn back... 

But I... I want to turn back... 

"Wheein-ie, you're going somewhere?" Hyejin asked as she continued to fiddle with the remote control in her hands.

"Just... Just going out to get some fresh air..." Wiping away the tears on my cheeks, I calmly replied, hoping that she did not hear the quarrel between Byulie and I.

"There's something wrong with the TV... The volume doesn't go down... Oh wait... I was talking to you..." Luckily, Hyejin's focus was on the broken remote. Never once did she look up towards me. "Instead of getting some fresh air you should be cuddling with me on the couch, on a free day like today~"

"The volume control on the remote was broken since last week." Putting on my shoes, I shouted towards Hyejin while making sure that I have my back turned towards her. "You can adjust it at the side of the TV"

"Ahhh... It's been really long since I last touched our TV~" Immediately, she stepped off the couch to lower the volume of the TV. It was then a sudden realisation hit her and I could feel her stares on my back. "Wait, did you just outrightly reject my offer, my love?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be home before 12MN curfew!" Closing the door shut, I did not bother to reply to Hyejin. Staying any longer or saying any additional words would definitely have Hyejin discover the truth that I was in tears. I can not risk having our relationship revealed before our debut.

Or maybe I should say 'risk having our past relationship revealed before our debut'...

On the Taxi...

"아저씨 (Uncle) please drop me off at 28 Highway End." Putting my seatbelts on, I gave instructions to the driver.

"There is no way you're going to get a taxi back from there Miss..." The driver hesitated to start the engine while looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"I have somewhere to go to. Just drive me there." Firmly, I declared as I turned my gaze away from his, signalling that I want to be left alone.

As the car engine started, I unlocked my phone hoping that she had sent a text over. The screen lit up immediately.

--No Notifications--

The screen turned black as the phone automatically locked itself after 30 seconds.

Moon Byulyi, are you not going to apologise?!

Throwing my phone to the side, I looked towards the scenery outside the car window, trying to calm myself down.

You used to apologise within 10 minutes whenever we had any disagreement... What's wrong with you today?

The taxi drove past three traffic lights before I picked up my phone to look at it once again. Taking a deep breath, I clicked on the button located at the side of my phone. I braced myself for the impact with my eyes closed.

I'll give you one more chance, Moon Byulyi... Apologise now and I'll return to find you...

Slowly, I opened my eyes to look at the screen.

--No Notifications--

Once again, the screen returned to its usual resting state.

Moon Byulyi?! Did you really... Have a change of heart?

I sighed, recalling the fond memories we shared in the past.

"Jung Wheein, You're so comfy~" She said as she laid on my chest, her legs outstretched on the grass. With her scrunching nose smile, she gestured me to move closer to her before whispering into my ears. "I'll love you forever."

"Are you sure?!" Teasingly, I giggled as I sat straight up at once after hearing her out-of-nowhere confession.

"Okay maybe not forever... Till the day you die." Chuckling to herself, her hands reached out for mine and hung my arms over her shoulders. 

"Why did you suddenly change your answer?" Looking at her, I pouted as I tilted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter