We're Over Pt. 2 (Byulyi)

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the accident that Wheein went through was on the 12 May 2014.

Byulyi's Memory...

"Alright that's all for today Byulyi. Remember to practice on your isolation techniques." Adjusting her red cap after tidying up her hair, our dance choreographer, Teacher Jeon finally decided to let me off. Within seconds, she left the room with her tote bag hanging on her shoulder.

The 3 hours long dance lesson was finally over. I slumped down to the floor as I leaned against the mirror. Exhausted from the session, I took out my phone and contacted my one and only battery recharger-- Jung Wheein.

---What are you doing, my angel? Are you preparing for the ceremony tonight already? I'm missing my dream girl right now~ --- You, 2.30 PM.

I laughed to myself once again as I looked at the name she is saved as... 

이 세상에서 가장 빛나는 사람 (the person who shines the brightest in the whole world)...

"I'm curious what you saved my name as..." Resting her head on my shoulder, Wheein peered towards the 'official' phone that I was holding in my hands.

"What did you save my name as?" I asked as I turned to face her, causing my nose to be buried in her hair that smelled of our favourite scent-- fresh cut roses.

"I told you before~" Using her free hand, she started to trace patterns on the back of my hand that was interlocking with hers. Her head continued to rest on my shoulder while she had a whale of a time playing with my hand. "I saved a really really really long name for you~ Because I love you that much Byulie~"

"Oh really? Prove it!" Blowing at her hair, I was totally distracted from checking my emails using the 'official' phone. Wheein will always have that magical effect on me. She will always be able to distract me from the most important things that I have to complete... But I don't blame her... Somehow, I seem to enjoy these moments that I spend in her company.  

"No way~ You have to show me first~!" Instantly, she sat upright and hid her phone behind her, preventing me from snatching it away. Reaching out my arms towards her, I started to tickle her so that she would give in. Her smiley eyes reappeared as she struggled to get out of my grasp.

Jung Wheein... You're really beautiful... And you're mine...

"Okay okay..." Once again, I was the one who gave in to her as her squinting eyes whenever she laughs always crumbles me. Sometimes I wonder to myself whether she is a little witch in hiding who had casted an unbreakable spell on me. Scrolling through my 'official' phone quickly, I searched for her name. "I saved you as... Hmm... Let me see..."

"So you still have to search for it? You can't even remember it?! I'm so disappointed in you Byulie~" Teasingly, she shook her head disapprovingly at me. "So disappointed~"

"Ahha! I found it! I saved my princess as... Jung Wheerun." My signature smile appeared across my face, scrunching my nose muscles up.

"Wow it's not affectionate at all. There's really no affection in that, Moon Byulyi." Eyes wide open and mouth agape, Wheein looked at me in disbelief. "Why don't you just go ahead and put MAMAMOO behind it in parentheses? Seriously... Or with even less affection, put RBW instead." Pouting, she moved herself away from me, leaving an arm's length distance between us on the corner seat. This time she is really displeased at what I did.

"Is my angel angry?" I tugged at the sleeve of her shirt in order to get her attention. However, she continued to ignore me with her arms crossed infront of her chest. "Wheein-ya~ Don't be annoyed at this little beaver please~"

 Eyes staring afar into the horizon, she had zero interest in me. 

Oh no... She's really burning with fury right now...

No choice, I'll have to resort to 'violence'.

Cupping her face in my hands, I forcefully turned her to look at me in the eyes. I pulled us closer, to the point where our noses touched each other. "Wheein-ya, are you really going to stay mad at me like this?" 

"I... I..." Startled at our sudden close proximity, she had trouble completing her sentence.

With our lips only inches apart, I know that I was making her heart race just like how she usually does to mine. Her quickened breaths blew against my moist lips, warming them up. "Should I beg for forgiveness with a kiss?" A smirk appeared on my face as I saw the blush appear on her cheeks. I know that she have lost and she knows that too. She knows that she would not be able to resist herself in this situation if I were to let our lips brush pass each other.

"You win." Reluctantly, she admitted her defeat as she pushed me away. "If only I didn't promise to keep my first kiss till our relationship is revealed, I swear I would not have let you off so easily, Moon Byulyi."

Chuckling to myself, I gestured for her to move closer. Once she had laid comfortably on my chest, I took out the additional phone that I had been texting her with for months.

"바보* (Stupid), I don't even text you with my work phone. Did you forget?" I found myself actually glad that she got irritated over that small thing. It showed me how important I was to her that even nicknames mattered. Laughing at her silliness, I took out the additional phone that was only reserved for her. "Here, take a look at what I saved you as. You know the password is your birthday~" After a failed attempt at winking, I clicked my tongue at her as I passed the phone over.

*바보 means stupid or silly. In this case, Byulyi calls Wheein 'silly' in a loving way for being jealous over a small thing.

"Awww~ I love you Byulie~" Having saw the nickname I saved her as, her smiling eyes greeted me. "I saved you as something you will like too!"

Giggling, she slotted her phone into my hands that was hanging over her shoulders. The screen lit up the moment I pressed on the side button, revealing the nickname that I was saved as...

나는 다시태어나도 사랑하는 사람 (even if I reborn, the person that I will love)

"Wheein-ya, me too..." Taking in the smell of her hair, I closed my eyes as I immersed myself in the moment.

I love you, Wheein-ya.

The phone in my hand buzzed as a text message arrived, returning me to reality.

---Are you ready to see the perfect score on my graduation certificate~ Miss Beaver?--- 이 세상에서 가장 빛나는 사람, 2.54 PM

Honestly Moon Byulyi, you're such a genius to get an additional phone... If not you will never be able to save her name like this...

--- Of course I will be there to see my dearest acting serious in her graduation gown~ You're going to be soooooo beautiful~! Kekekeke~ All the studying you've been doing on our dates have paid off top scorer~ --- I missed her so much, I hit the send button immediately without even checking for any spelling errors.

---Be sure to come, I'll make sure to leave you some memories in my graduation gown **wink**--- 이 세상에서 가장 빛나는 사람, 2.58 PM

---Is that an indication of our first kiss today, Miss Wolf? --- Filled with excitement, I could no longer control my fingers. They were typing at a speed comparable to the speed of light.

"Oh my goodness, Byulyi!" Without knocking on the door, someone barged into the practice room calling for me.

Instinctively, I stuffed the additional phone into my black backpack at the sound of another's presence. Hiding the happiness on my face just seconds ago, I turned to face the door.

"Today is Wheein's graduation ceremony! Did you know that?" Yongsun unnie exclaimed as though she had just found a million dollars.

"I know that..." Recovering from the shock I received when she came in, I replied calmly.

"Oh... I thought you didn't." Smiling sheepishly, I guess Yongsun unnie was slightly sorry for invading my personal time in the practice room. "But why did Wheein not invite any of us when Hyejin invited everyone to her graduation ceremony?! How can she do this to us~" The angle of her lips drooped downwards the moment she completed her sentence.

"Well... She has to have some time with her own social circle..." I lied, clearly knowing the reason why she did not invite the others except me. With my eyes widened, I tried to avoid Yongsun unnie's gaze. "Besides, it's a special event for her since she's the national top scorer..."

"Wheein will look soooooo pretty in her graduation gown I swear~ I wished she had invited me over, or at least Hyejin... So that there will at least be a photo taken for us to admire how cute she looks..." Sighing, Yongsun unnie stood beside me as she conveyed her train of thoughts.

Yup, she will... I can totally imagine her being adorable and gorgeous at the same time while wearing the oversized gown...

Photo? Hmm... I totally forgot about that... Now that you have reminded me, I'll be sure to take a memorable photo with her... Maybe a photo with a kiss on her lips this time round...

"Why are you smiling, Moon Byulyi?! You should be crying because we aren't invited!" Snapping me out of my thoughts was Yongsun unnie who stared at me in confusion. Without me realising, I was grinning to myself while devising an action plan for tonight. At this moment, I was secretly relieved that Yongsun unnie is no mind reader, or I would be so embarrassed.

"Even Hyejin is not invited, I'm not surprised that we aren't..." Smiling awkwardly, I could not wait for this conversation to end.

"I'll need to cry over this... Tears..." After doing her usual 'tears' gesture, she linked her arms with mine. "Byul-ah, let's go get dinner together today since the maknaes are not here... Don't leave without me okay!"

"Sorry unnie, I can't." I shrugged my shoulders as I shot her an apologetic look. "I already have plans in the evening."

"Plans? What plans?" This time, she held on to my elbow. "Are you going to leave me here to practice alone tonight? The company is scary at night~"

"I really have something on tonight..." Removing her hands that were clinging tightly onto my elbow, I started to move her towards the exit. "Unnie, I need to practice for the final evaluation next week, you should go ahead and grab some practice at the recording studio too."

Yongsun unnie is dangerous. 

Leaving her here will have me saying something I should not...

And saying anything more to her is definitely going to get me into trouble...

"But... YA~! Moon Byulyi!" As she rambled on, I pushed her out of the practice studio. "I'm not even done with my sentence..." Before she could utter another word, I shone my signature smile and closed the door.

Phew... I can't risk having the relationship between Wheein and I revealed now...

At least... Not when we are still trainees...

At least... Not when our debut is unconfirmed yet...

I want to debut with you, Wheein-ya.

Having the practice studio all to myself once again, I took out my phone one last time to check for Wheein's reply before resuming practice for the final evaluation next week.

--- We'll see when you come~ Kekekeke~ --- 이 세상에서 가장 빛나는 사람, 3.30 PM.

Grinning to myself, I plugged in my phone and pressed the play button. As I started to dance, there was only one thought hovering up in my mind.

We're going to debut together... We're going to receive blessings from everyone...

Unexpected News...

Looking into the mirror, I tidied up my long black hair as well as the bangs that was trimmed just a few days ago. Adjusting my white shirt, I made sure that it looked neat and proper while tucked in. Before moving on to the last step, I took a deep breath in, holding it for 3 seconds and exhaled slowly.

Yes I'm looking my best right now. You can do this, Moon Byulyi.

"Here goes nothing." At that, I started my rehearsal with myself in the empty washroom. "Nice to meet you Mdm Jung. My name is Moon Byulyi, and I'm proud to say that I'm dating your daughter, Jung Wheein. Right now we have not debuted yet, but I'll be sure to debut with Wheein. Together, we will grow and be each other's pillar of support. Please grant us your blessings." By the time I ended with a ninety-degree bow, my heart was already running at a speed of hundred kilometres per hour. Going at this rate, I'll probably die of heart attack before I even get to meet her.

Is it too formal? Will Wheein's mother think that I'm a weirdo?

Don't worry Moon Byulyi. Wheein said you will do fine... She said her mother will love you... Don't worry...

Slightly tiptoeing, Wheein placed a kiss on my cheek. "Is my shining star worrying~? You're so adorable with that worried face~"

"You are telling me to meet your mum just two days later, how do you expect me to not worry?!" I tried to keep my voice low as we were not the only ones in the dormitory. Whispering in hushed tones, I continued. "You didn't even give me time to prepare!"

"I have no choice~ Once we debut we will hardly have the chance to go back home... Besides, I want her to be the first to know... Even before everyone else does..." Hooking her pinky with mine, a flush of pink appeared on her cheeks. "Plus... I have already told her about our relationship..."

"What?! We promised to keep it a secret till..." Putting her finger on my lips, she stopped me from saying anything else.

"I know..." Her shoulders dropped as as she exhaled a long breath. She looked up towards me and our gaze met. "I can keep secrets from everyone but I just can't keep any from my mum... You understand how I feel right..?"

Looking at the puppy eyes on her face, I was killed silently.

Jung Wheein... I've lost again...

Fine... I'll just meet your mother...

"I promise there is no reason for you to worry!" Her eyes beamed with joy as she read from my eyes that I have surrendered myself to her. "My mother is just like me! If you can grab my heart, you will take my mum's too, Byulie~! But just remember not to take all her love away... Since I'm the only child, 50% of her love goes to my dad, and 50% goes to me... Now that you're going to be in the picture you will get a share too... Hmm... Maybe 25%? You can't take all away~ Please leave 25% for my dad if not he will be jealous!"

"I'm so going to demand rewards for this." Sulking like how a child would, I sounded like a spoilt brat. 

"How about you get your reward instantly?" Forming a loop around my neck using her arms, she closed up the gap between us.

"They are just outside..." My words trailed off as I was entranced the moment I looked into her eyes. Those brown orbs continued to draw me towards her like how magnets attracted iron. "But you know I wouldn't reject your offer."

Her lips headed towards mine but just when we were less than an inch apart, she tiptoed higher and placed a peck on my nose. "Your nose is so sharp, just the way I like it~" Giggling to herself, she landed back on the floor. "That's your reward! What were you thinking you naughty girl~" She teased me while biting on her lower lip seductively.

You're not an angel...

I swear you're actually a little demoness, testing my patience every single time. 

"You're looking good. Our couple white shirt looks perfect. Wheein is going to love it. Her mom too." Taking one last look at the mirror, I nodded while mumbling to myself in an attempt to build up my confidence.

"Looks like your plans is a really important one..." Yongsun unnie's voice broke the silence in the washroom. "So important you can ditch me at the company to practice by myself..."

"Since when have you been standing there?" Surprised at her sudden appearance, I swallowed nervously.

What have you heard? Please say that you've heard nothing... Please... Please... Please...

"Not too long ago..." She said nonchalantly as she walked towards the sink to wash her hands. "Erm... Probably the moment when you started admiring yourself while nodding at the mirror. What were you talking about to yourself anyways? You looked crazy."

Before I could start to answer her, my 'official' phone resting on the porcelain surface started to vibrate as a call came in. It was an unknown number.

"Hello, this is Moon Byulyi speaking." I picked up the call, though doubtful of the origin.

"I've been calling your number but you didn't pick up, I had no choice but to call this alternative number as last resort." Anxiously, the lady on the other end of the call tried to explain her reason for calling. "Byulyi, you have to come to the veterinarian immediately... Starry... Starry she..."

"Calm down, Minyoung unnie... Calm down and tell me what happened." I recognised her voice as the owner of the beach cafe that Wheein and I were regulars at.

"Starry she... She wasn't breathing... Mother-in-law and I are both at the nearest veterinarian now, you have to come quickly! Bring Wheein along too." She was speaking so fast, I doubt she had time to breathe in between her words.

"What... What did... What did you just say?" Stuttering, I tried to take in the news thrown at me.

"Starry's life is in danger. Bring Wheein and yourself to the veterinarian right now!" I stood dumbfounded, trying my best to comprehend the sudden situation.

Should I tell Wheein about it? It's her graduation... I can't let her be in sorrow today... She worked so hard to be the top scorer... I can't be the one dampening her spirits...

"I'll send you the address using the veterinarian's phone here. The vet is calling for me now, I have to hang up." Hearing no reply from me, Minyoung unnie ended the call without saying goodbye.

"Byulyi? Why are you crying?" Yongsun unnie asked as she tapped on my shoulders, trying to extract an answer from me. Unknowingly to myself, my vision had turned blur as tears accumulated in my eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter