Chap 15: Insecurities

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifty-five... You're the fifty-fifth person to walk past me while wondering the reason why I'm here and not in a practice room.

"Hello~" I stood up to greet the team manager who walked by. Smiling sheepishly, I decided to answer his doubts since he is the lucky fifty-five today. "I have actually finished my lesson, just sitting around." 

Once he walked away, I slumped back onto the royal blue dyed couch. With the red round cushion enveloped in my arms, I sipped on the cup of iced americano bought two hours ago. This has almost became a daily ritual for me, sitting on the couch at the company quietly and playfully twirling the straw that stuck out of the coffee cup with my mouth. Glancing towards the wall clock, I watched the minutes ticked by.

2.15 PM...

Oh my god, there's still one hour and forty-five minutes to go.

AHHHHHH! I'm so bored~ I'm going to be bored of death soon~

"BOOYAH! Wheein-ie~" Creeping up behind me and giving me a scare was someone who owned the familiar female voice that I've been listening to for years.

"Oh Hyejin-ie~ 안녕 (Hello)~" I turned towards Hyejin who took her seat beside me.

"You're no fun." A frown appeared on her face as she sulked. "You didn't even jump. Was my surprise such a failure?"

Lightly, I shook my head in reply to her question. "So... How did your recording session go?"

"Ahh it was fine! I got scolded for getting a few off-notes, but nothing big~" Shrugging her shoulders, Hyejin replied. "By the way... Why are you still here at the company? Didn't the vocal training lesson you attended together with Yongsun unnie end two hours ago?" At that, she took the cup that was in my hands to take a sip. Instantly, the frown on her face darkened further as the taste of the room temperature iced americano sunk in. 

"Yup! In fact the lesson ended early~" Letting out a chuckle, I pointed towards the direction of the washroom. "Don't blame me, I never offered it to you... You're the one who took it! The washroom is over there hehe~" 

"Nah~ I'm still alive. This is not the first time I'm tasting it anyway. Interestingly, the last time I tasted this was with Byulyi unnie... You two really have the power to let me taste things that I would hate." Hyejin snorted as she sunk further into the couch. "So... You're waiting for Byulyi unnie again?" 

Flashing her a toothy grin, I nodded slightly.

"Wheein-ie, are you okay?" Asking out of concern, I could see that Hyejin was deep in thoughts. Her eyes scanned me from head to toe as she continued. "I swear you're acting so weird even after you reunited with Byulyi unnie... Or I should say even after you recalled your memories... Where has the normal Jung Wheein I knew in the past disappeared to?"

"What nonsense are you spouting Hyejin-ie~ I have always been like this~" I knocked on her head twice, trying to figure out what she has been thinking. "Did your brain get damaged overnight?"

"No you weren't!" Gripping at my wrist, were her hands. Those hands were just like mine, always slightly colder than the room temperature but hers are a teeny weeny bit warmer. She placed my hands back onto my side, stopping me from treating her like a child. "The Jung Wheein that I knew since middle school hated waiting the most. She has never wasted her time to wait patiently for another but rather only had others waited for her. I think I can even confidently say that the word 'waiting' never existed in your dictionary, Wheein-ie. That's why you acting like this, is worrying me..."

"Now that you say it..." My words trailed off as Hyejin's words sank in. "You're right Hyejin-ie. I have never waited for Byulie like this when we were dating in the past, not even once before. It was always her waiting for me..."

"That's why I am saying that this two months where you guys got back together, you've been acting funny!" Tucking my stray hair behind my ears, Hyejin's worrying eyes met mine. "Is everything okay between you two?"

"We're fine!" I exclaimed so loudly, the soundwaves that bounced off the empty grey painted walls can still be heard after seconds.

"Really?" The doubt in her eyes showed that she had probably known so much about me, even more than I do at this moment.

"Yup... We're fine... We're... We're really fine..." Eventually, my voice diminished as I was overwhelmed with the guilt of lying to my bestfriend

"Wheein-ie... You know you can trust me." Hyejin placed both of her hands on my shoulders with a nod of her head. "Don't lie to me."

"Alright alright..." Knowing that I could no longer hide the truth from Hyejin, I replied honestly. "She's fine.... At least she is... But maybe... Maybe I'm not fine... I'm afraid that one day I might wake up from my bed and find that Byulie doesn't love me anymore."

"Do you still not trust Byulyi unnie?" Hyejin's confusion was clearly reflected on her face. Even after all these years, this is the one thing that has not changed about her. That, is the way her emotions are always displayed on her face. "Even after all she has done for you? Like waiting for you when you had amnesia, rushing to you after knowing that you still love her and constantly reassuring you that she's yours... Do you still not trust that her heart only has you?"

"My brain trusts her. But my heart... My heart just feel insecure from time to time... I guess that's why I'm acting this way. Even doing what I usually hate the most. Waiting for her to end classes, wanting to hang out with her at every second possible and making sure the she's always by my side. Just... Just so that I know she will not be taken away by others..." Unknowingly, I found myself spilling all my thoughts infront of Hyejin. I wanted to stop myself but I couldn't. This feeling that was growing within me is slowly smothering me. "Hyejin-ie... I said I would trust her... I really am convinced that her heart only has me... But why do I still feel insecure like this?"

"What happened in the past that left you so insecure Wheein-ie?" Hyejin pulled me into her embrace, her tone filled with nothing but fear. For a moment, I'm glad that everyone else at the company was too busy to spend their time eyeing on the two of us.

"It was nothing in the past... I know that because I have never felt this way before..." With my forehead laid on her shoulder, I shook my head lightly as I tried to organise my thoughts. "I don't know why I am like this either..."

"Perhaps..." Hyejin let out a soft sigh before she picked up from where she left off. "Is it the pairing we have now? Is our pairings bothering you, Wheein-ie?"

Maybe... Maybe they are...

My eyes started to sting as I recalled the comments I read a few days ago on the message board.

---When there's Moonbyul there will be Yongsun~ ---

--MoonSun are like lovers anyway~ ---

---Aww MoonSun is so sweet to each other~ ---

--Why would Byul look at Solar with those eyes if they weren't together? I believe they are not just friends, there's probably something more between them! ---

---I wouldn't be surprised if the two are really dating!---

---Wait! So the scandal for their promotions is actually real?! MoonSun is really dating?! OMG I'm so excited for their comeback now!---

"Wheein-ie!" Having realised that her sleeve is soaked, Hyejin pulled away from our embrace to take a look at me.

"Hyejin-ie... It is... You're very much right..." I nodded in reply. "It's not that I don't like our BFF line, you know I do like our moments together... It's just that when the unnies have their fan service moments, the j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter