Epilogue: Winter Camp

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 Feb 2017, 10.00 AM...

"Byulie-ya~!" I jumped off the couch excitedly and ran towards the familiar figure standing infront of the kitchen stove.

"왜? 왜? 왜~? (Why)" Both alarmed and confused, she welcomed me into her arms while embracing the impact from my excited footsteps.

"Let's go camping!" I exclaimed in utmost joy.

"What?!" Mouth agape, Byulie stared at me in disbelief. "In the middle of winter?"

"Let's go, please~" Tugging at her sleeves and putting on my most pitiful little puppy look, I tried to use my aegyo to convince her. "There's even special discounts for couples today~"

"If that's the case it's going to be crowded..." From her eyes, I could see Byulie's determination slowly wavering. "You know we can't be recognised at places, Wheerun-ie... Especially when we just ended promotions not long ago, people will recognise us more easily..."

"You don't want to..?" Unknowingly, my lips were already in a pout.

"Of course not~ I would love to! Just that today isn't really the right day. The discounts will make it a crowded place... All the more, it's winter! Hardly anyone goes for winter camping~" Lightly, she shook her head. Having known that I was disappointed, her gaze was filled with understanding.

"There are winter camping pictures on the internet though..." I sighed in an attempt to change her mind, even though I knew that the decision has already been made. "And it looked really cool..."

"Besides, tomorrow we are scheduled to practice for our concert, we don't really have the time for camping..." Taking my hand in hers, Byulie pulled me back into her embrace. As I rested my chin on her shoulders, the smell of fresh cut roses filled my nostrils. "Aigoooo~ Is my princess upset already?"

"A little..." I replied, enjoying the mid-morning embrace. "Nah, it's okay! We'll just go next time... Promise?"

"Promise~!" Both of us remained immersed in the hug for a long while, simply enjoying the silence as well as the presence of each other. "Hmm... Aren't you getting changed, my dearest princess? Did you forget that you have additional recording with Jungkey오빠 (Brother) today?"

"AHHHHH I FORGOT!!!" Pulling apart from the embrace, I screamed in horror. Once again, I took off, this time towards my bedroom.

"Be careful when you're changing! Don't knock your head on the closet door again~!" Her warnings followed me all the way back to the bedroom and slipped past the closed doors. Even without looking at her face, I could imagine her laughing at my clumsiness while preparing the special 'heart-shaped' french toast on this very special day with her whole heart.

6 hours later...

--Do i have to wait till the night in order to see my brightest star?-- You, 4.55 PM.

--No you don't! Your star is always here with you and never up in the night sky~ Done with class?-- 이 세상에서 별처럼 빛나는 사람, 4.56 PM.

--Yup! What's the plans for today?-- You, 5.15 PM

--There's no plans? We never made any remember, my princess? Besides I was fighting the boss level just now. Too busy to be thinking.-- 이 세상에서 별처럼 빛나는 사람, 5.25 PM.

--I gave you 6 hours to think, which was a really long time **sad face** So there's really nothing?-- You, 5.26 PM.

--Uhhhh... Yeah... Sorry, Wheerun-ie~ Oh! On the way back, can you grab the package at my doorstep and bring it over? I'll probably be home a short while after you do! Wait for me patiently alrights! Love ya **Hearts**"-- 이 세상에서 별처럼 빛나는 사람, 5.30 PM.

 "YAH, MOON BYULYI!" Staring down at the message, I couldn't help myself from the anger.  "Now that I'm yours you don't even plan for Valentines... And what?! Pick up a package? Am I a delivery man?!" With that, I kicked the empty drink can lying on the floor. As it landed beside the lonely rubbish bin, I knew that my mood was just as ruined as that can is.

30 minutes later...

Holding the little brown package on my left hand, I lazily slide up the password panel. 

Moon Byulyi, just you see...

Just you see who is going to let you in tonight!

I'll be sure to put double lock today HMPH! 

I'm never going to talk to you... Not ever again.

DRRR DING DING

With the door unlocked, I pushed open the door while half expecting the apartment to be empty.

Unsuprisingly, the curtains were drawn and the lights were off. However, something seems different, for the apartment seemed darker than usual. A chilling sensation crept up my spine as I walked towards the living room after placing my white sneakers in the shelves.

KRRRK KRRRK KRRRK

The crackling sound grew louder each step I took towards the living room.

"Anyone home?" I asked loudly, trying my hardest to display my courage even though I know that I obviously have none at this moment. "Ggomo-ya? Byulie-ya?"

*Kkomo/ Ggomo is Wheein's kitten

Silence was the only answer I got... Other than the crackling sound that continued to rise in volume.

Ahh, I forgot that I have let Ggomo stay at the cat hotel for today, thinking that Byulie and I would be heading out.

I shouldn't have done that...

It's all because of you Moon Byulyi! 

KRRRK KRR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter