Chap 1: Start Anew

Memories of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin's voice always had a healing effect on me, always telling me that everything will turn out fine and all I have to do is believe in her. Listening to Hyejin's singing in the recording room through the headphones, my hands fiddled with the scoresheet in my hands. Once again, I dwelled in my thoughts.

These days there has been no word from the person who is named as 나는 다시태어나도 사랑하는 사람 (even if I reborn, the person that I will love). That person, is the mysterious sender who was so worried about me, the one who sent 50 messages asking about my whereabouts whilst I was lying at the hospital... It's weird how that person never contacted me after my discharge. Furthermore, Hyejin sends me messages but it is never through that number... In fact none of the members sends me messages through that number... Who exactly is this person that keeps me up all night wondering about her identity?

As though I have ventured too far into my past memories, the throbbing headache started once again. The headache always acted as a warning sign, threatening to break my head apart if I were to try to recall anything more. Just then, Byulyi unnie and Yongsun unnie came through the recording studio door.

"Wait you mean we are going to debut in like less than a month?!" Byulyi unnie screamed in horror at our leader-nim, also known as Yongsun unnie. "I never knew that one year can pass by so fast..."

"Yup, totally!" Yongsun unnie's smile is so bright I thought the curtains in the recording room were left open. "Aren't you excited Byulyi? I'm so so so so so sooooooooooooo excited! Can you believe it?! We have been trainees for so long and finally we get to debut...and we have an album that we can hold in our hands...and we will hold performances...and we can hear all our fans cheering for us...and..." Yongsun unnie continued to rattle on as Byulyi unnie started to zone out whilst keeping her gaze on Yongsun unnie. This seemed like an everyday ritual between the two.

Ohh we're debuting!!! I screamed to myself innerly with excitement, though I'm filled with worries at the same time. Can I really debut with these girls whom I only have seven days of shared memories? Even though Hyejin have shared with me details on how we stayed in the same dorm for the past year up till now, I  still feel that I do not know these two, who always seems so close just like a loving couple... And whose actions always seems to confuse me... One is our leader-nim and the other is my roommate, yet I never seem to know these two...

"A penny for your thoughts?" Hyejin knocked on my head as though it was a locked door. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realise Hyejin was done recording and had exited from the studio.

"Nothing much," I smiled sheepishly. "Just excited about our debut I guess."

"That's weird because before I came you totally didn't have any excitement shown on your face," Hyejin's face is filled with concern, the one that I remember seeing at the hospital. "What's wrong my love?" She knelt by my side and her long slender fingers reached for my bangs, smoothing it out.

Just as I was about to pour out my feelings infront of Hyejin, the room fell silent. So silent that one could even hear a pin drop. Immediately, Hyejin and I turned towards the duo seated on the sofa. Instead of seating comfortably on the sofa, Yongsun unnie was standing with her eyes burning with fury and looking towards the direction of Hyejin and I.

Why is she staring at us like that? Did we do something wrong?

I stared at Hyejin who immediately retreated her hands that was placed on my lap. 

"Hyejin ah, how many times have I told you to keep the affection between Wheein and yourself behind the closed doors of your rooms?" Yongsun unnie spoke with suppressed anger. "Can't you guys control yourself?!" Slowly, her boiling anger seems to be going out of control. "Especially when there is Byulyi and I around... Plus we are kinda in public." 

Why the sudden anger? Ever since I got discharged from the hospital, she would rage whenever Hyejin and I inched too close... And all of these seems too weird especially when she always clarifies that she's acting this way because she is the leader, but her anger seems inproportionate to our minor actions... 

Byulyi unnie, on the other hand, stayed silent throughout the whole conversation and merely stared at Hyejin and I. Her gaze slowly turned and fixated on me. It was at that moment when our eyes met...

Is that sorrow I see in Byulyi unnie's eyes? But why? Is it because of my actions with Hyejin-ie? Isn't she an item with Yongsun unnie? Is she hurt? Or is she the one with the number I dare not dial...the one that I've been searching for?

Who exactly out of these three individuals is the one whom I swore to love even if I was reborn?

Flashback to 2 days before...

"Wheein-ie~ this is Esna unnie, do you remember her?" Hyejin introduced the lady seated infront of the piano. 

"Erm...I kinda need some hints to ring a bell," I stared blankly at the lady who, despite the distance, is still able to make me feel her overflowing confidence. "You know that venturing too far into my memories would trigger the bad headaches..." I looked at Hyejin with my puppy eyes, asking for some sympathy from her. 

"I swear you never fail to make me fall for you deeper every time," with a wide grin on her face, Hyejin reached out her hand messing up my bangs before smoothing them out again.

The news has spread amongst the members, and also the company that I am suffering from amnesia. Though Hyejin and I are not concerned with finding back those lost memories, we figured out that I still have to rebuild my connections. Even if it means that I have to tap on my past memories, risking the relapse of the headache.

"I bet this would ring a bell," still seated by the piano, the said unnie smirked and looked in my direction, giving me eye contact. "Wheein ya, THAT'S BOMB YO!"

Unknowingly, my body responded with the same hip hop swag and I blurted "THAT'S BOMB YO" back. Surprised at my own actio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter