Something There

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : When I said there will be a lot of love triangle going on, I'm not lying. >.<

ENJOY READING, while I'm streaming NEVER EVER by GOT7

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Suzy blinked slowly, her eyes met the dark brown eyes again. She just aware that his hand was no longer on her back instead on her arm and he was moved one step back from her.

 

It seems like someone just dumb cold water on her head, her eyes widen at the realization. She feel embarrassed by her dirty thoughts. Kissing him? She’s crazy. There is no way that this writer would kissing her, she’s just a housekeeper from his eyes.

 

“--I--,” she cleared . Feel a bit dry to talked.

 

Myungsoo’s eyebrow raise, “Are you okay?” He repeated.

 

“I’m fine.” Suzy murmur in quiet voice. And realized how her hand still on his chest, she quickly bring it down to her side. “I’m sorry.” She blushed furiously.

 

“It’s fine.” Myungsoo smiled.

 

The brunette quickly avert her eyes from his. Her heart won’t stop pounding very loudly. Badum badum badum. She bit her lip and shut her eyes for a two seconds to calm herself.

 

“Suzy?”

 

She gasped and turn her back quickly when heard another voice from opposite direction. It was Sungyeol.

 

“Yes?” She said and consciously taking a one step away from Myungsoo.

 

“I need your help!” Sungyeol approached with a nervous look. He was sweating.

 

"What’s wrong?” Myungsoo asked.

 

Suzy glanced at Myungsoo and saw that he was holding a big yellow envelope.

 

“What’s wrong? I can’t believe you.” Sungyeol frowned at Myungsoo. “Why didn’t you tell me that Seyeon shi going to be here.” He practically hissing.

 

Myungsoo hummed. “Why would I need to inform you when my editor decided to visit?”

 

Sungyeol pouted, which Suzy found very adorable. “Ugh, nevermind. I’ll just change my clothes.” He said and immediately change the direction to the stairs.

 

Myungsoo turned toward Suzy, “Suzy, can you serve tea for me and the guest?”

 

The brunette quickly nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Thanks, we will be in the living room.”

 

Suzy walked back to the kitchen and found Hoya was no longer there. She wonder if he was at the garden. She silently took a step near the window and peek outside.

 

She saw him, lying on the lounge chair. His leg cross with another and his right hand close his eyes. Did he fall asleep there?

 

Suzy shaking her head and sighed at the sight. She turned her head and walked to the stove to heating the water. She taking out tea leaves from the cabinet and wait for the water to boil.

 

Her eyes gaze to the window again. “Didn’t he supposed to go work?” But then she remember how annoying he was to her earlier and scowled at the window.

 

When the water boiling, she immediately turned off the stove and preparing the tea for the guest. She brings the tray to living room.

 

“How was your boyfriend?”

 

Suzy immediately stop walking, and standing behind the wall.

 

“We broke up.” The woman answered.

 

“Oh… yeah? That-that was...great--” paused, “he was not that great for you.”

 

Suzy bit her lip, why she has to be here in this awkward conversation?

 

Suzy heard the woman hummed. “Well, maybe I’m not good enough for him.”

 

“Nonsense! You’re too great for anyone, you’re beautiful, funny and kind.” Myungsoo voice makes Suzy heart pounding loudly, she’s envy her. Kim Myungsoo just gave her compliment.

 

“What are you doing standing here.”

 

Suzy gasped, and snapped her head to the voice. Sungyeol look different, he look neat and handsome as he comb his hair nicely and he also smell nice.

 

“I-i bring the tea,” Suzy answered and quickly make her presence there to the room.

 

Her eyes immediately found the woman who speak rather comfortable to Myungsoo, and she thought she was his editor but she speak comfortably to him.

 

Her hair was at shoulder length, her face was small and sweet. Her skin is fair and clean. She was smiling at her and Suzy can’t help but smiling back.

 

“Oh, you’ve got a new housekeeper?”

 

“Yes-,” Sungyeol interrupt, and make himself visible at the guest. “This is Suzy.” He walked in and sat on the sofa opposite them. “She’s start working a week ago.” He smiled charmingly.

 

“Hello, my name is Jin Seyeon and I’m Myungsoo editor.”

 

Suzy bow, “I’m Suzy, the housekeeper. Nice to meet you.”

 

Jin Seyeon nodded her head. “I’m pleased they got new housekeeper, Myungsoo’s room must be a mess right?” She laughed.

 

Suzy doesn’t know how to react to that, so she just smiled.

 

“I do not, I’m a neat person.” Myungsoo pouted at her.

 

Suzy seems can’t believe her eyes, she saw another side of Myungsoo. Which amaze her that he can show adorable side of him but still look so handsome at the same time. Suddenly Hoya’s voice crossed her mind.  ‘Like a schoolgirl having their first crush.’

 

 

“Do I really has a crush on him?” Suzy mumbled to herself once she was at the laundry room to take cleaning supplies. She has to wipe the stairs today. She sighed when she remembered how many stairs that she have to clean today.

 

Bring the bucket fills with water, she immediately wet the white cloth and squeezed it dry before wiping the railings.

 

Her mind instantly remember the scene in Cinderella movie where the girl wiping the floor and singing. She humming the song and picturing herself as Cinderella.

 

“You’re gone insane,” a voice drawled and Suzy yelp in surprised.

 

She turned her head. “I said, don’t sneak out on me!” She hissed at the male.

 

Hoya chuckled and folded his arm. “Don’t blame me when you’re the one who daydreaming.”

 

Suzy pouted. “I’m not daydreaming. I was cleaning.”

 

“Ah...and playing role as Cinderella?” Hoya smirked. “Charming.”

 

Suzy rolled her eyes and remember that Lucifer the bad cat also trouble Cinderella in the same scene. She eyeing the male. “Lucifer.” She spat under her breath.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Nothing.” Suzy turned her head back to the railings, ignoring the male.

 

Hoya eyes narrowed at the brunette but he just shook his head. “Good luck with your works today.” He said dryly and headed upstairs.

 

Suzy followed him with her gaze, her forehead wrinkled. She hate it when he was mocking her. Suzy huffed and continue her work. She won’t giving the male satisfaction on mocking her.

 

Suddenly Sungyeol walking toward her with sullen face. He sighed frustratedly.

 

“Is something wrong?” Suzy asked.

 

Sungyeol looked up at her. He nodded slowly and weakly sat on the stairs. “My opponent is too strong.”

 

Suzy looked at him in confusion. “Opponent?”

 

He shrugged. “Well, L is handsome than me. Cooller than me. There is no way I can win Seyeon shi heart.”

 

Suzy suddenly feel weird inside her, hearing Sungyeol words make her rather sad. “Myungsoo shi and Seyeon-shi is a lovers?”

 

“No, not yet.” He pouting. “But they really close since their childhood days and L always likes her.”

 

“W-what make you think that Myungsoo shi see her more than a friend?”

 

“He has the look.”

 

“The look?”

 

“You know, the look when someone obviously like the person. I know it because I look at Seyeon shi the same way and she also look at L the same way.” He said in defeated. His shoulder slump.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter