A crush?

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note : Hello everyone! See a fast update. >.< I'll try my best to keep the pace. Thank you so much still supporting me after all this time. :) Love you guys.

 

 

“Suzy, sit properly and watch out your posture,” her mother said in nurturing voice.

 

Suzy sighed, as she watch her mother serving the tea. “Yes, Mother.”

 

“The way to win a man heart is through his stomach.” She smiled. “Don’t forget that.”

 

“Yes mother, I’ll remember that.” Suzy nodded. Her mental want to protest and screaming to her mother that saying she was only fifteen why should she learn how please a man? If her mother going to betrothed her to rich family why would she need to learn all this stuff? The worker can cook it for her and her husband.

 

“Mother, please I’m tired.” Suzy begging in weak voice.

 

“Suzy, we’re not done and later you still have cooking class to attend. I spend a lot of money to make sure you know how to cook.”

 

“But mother, I learn the basic already and I know how to cook now.” she protest.

 

Her mother raised her hand to make Suzy stop from talking. “Don’t cut my speech like that Suzy, it’s rude. I told you that you’re need to be classy and do not show your weakness.”

 

“Mother, I’m just a human. Human has flaw. I’m not perfect you know.”

 

“Suzy.” Her mother voice gets louder and stern. “You’re my daughter, you’re perfect.” She put the teapot on the table and reach her hand to her daughter. “You do know how much I hate to arguing with you Suzy, so please just listen to me.” She tuck the strands hair that fall on Suzy’s cheeks behind her ear.

 

Suzy reach her hand to her mother and hold it tight. “I’m sorry mother.”

 

“I love you Suzy,” her mother said but then she'd start to cry.

 

“Mother, what’s wrong?” She starting to get worried. “Why are you crying?”

 

Then her mother starting to fading and Suzy can see her mother smiling. “Mom, what happen to you?” She try to reach her hand again. “Mother!” She cried. “Mom, please…” Her mother gone just like that. “Please don’t go.”

 

Suzy look around her and call for her mother over and over again until she felt sore. “I’m sorry mother.” She cried. “I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me alone.”

 

Then everything turn dark…..

 

 

 

Suzy squints her eyes when the trying to adjusting her eyes to the light. What happen to her? Why she feel all her body in pain and her head seems hazy and blurry. The room seems different from before, where is she?

 

Where is mother?

 

She gasped and immediately sitting up as she remember her mother. “Mother.” She cried. “Mother.”

 

“Whoa...whoa, relax Suzy.”

 

Suzy startled by the other person in the room. Her eyes widen, she saw sunggyu beside her. He look panic but keep mumbling to her be calm.

 

That’s when Suzy realized that it was just a dream, she still at Sunggyu’s house and she was a maid. But what happen to her? Why Sunggyu was in her room?

 

“What happen?” She asked.

 

Sunggyu relieved when saw Suzy come to her sense. “Are you okay? You got fever and apparently over work.” He stated guiltily like it was his fault that she fall sick.

 

“Oh,” Suzy answered, dumbfounded.

 

“It’s noon now, are you hungry?” Sunggyu asked while taking the jajangmyeon they bought earlier from table and bring it to Suzy.

 

Suzy smile in grateful. “I’m famished.”

 

“Good, eat it and take your medicine after that.”

 

Then Suzy notice that she no longer wearing her maid uniform as she remember that she sleep with it yesterday but instead she was wearing a shirt and pants.

 

A million thoughts play over her mind. She glance at Sunggyu awkwardly. “Um, what happen to my clothes?”

 

Sunggyu cheeks turned red and he look flustered. “I-i notice that your uniform was wet from your sweat and suggest to let your change into new clothes.”

 

Suzy suddenly feel embarrassed.

 

“Ah! Don’t worry. We asking the neighbour daughter to help change your clothes. It was Hoya idea to let her come.”

 

Suzy nodded and slightly relieved that it's not them that changes her clothes. Suzy continue to eat her food. Though, it’s only a delivery food but Suzy still grateful that Sunggyu taking care of her.

 

Suzy notice the basin, the wet towel and the medicine. “I’m sorry for being a burden.” She said lowly.

 

“No, you’re not. Beside Woohyun is a doctor and going to inherit his family clinic someday. Hoya is the one who help your fever cooling down. And even Myungsoo visit you.”

 

Suzy take a very long time to digest everything Sunggyu said. Hoya help her and Myungsoo visit her? Somehow knowing that makes her happy and she can’t help smiling.

 

“I’ll have to thanks them properly next time.”

 

“And I help watching you and bought your medicine.” He added with a proud grins.

 

Suzy chuckled. “Thank you, I really grateful. I’ll make sure to clean the house when I get better and cook something special.”

 

Sunggyu eyes wide in delight. “Cooking something special? I can’t wait for that.”

 

“Yes, something special.”

 

“Then you need to get better fast, go on eat your food so you can take your medicine.”

 

Suzy just smiled and continue eating her food. Sunggyu is so kind, in fact everyone was nice to her since the day she came into this house but there a one man that confused her.

 

 

 

 

Suzy sighed as she followed Sunggyu order to just rest herself until her fever really down. Somehow she felt bored and the only thing that make her occupied was Myungsoo’s novel that he give to her.

 

Crime and mystery not really her cup of tea but the plot and the characters really makes her intrigued. She wonder if it’s coincidence that Myungsoo given her book with such title.

 

A soft knocked on the door startled her and she heard someone ask a permission to open the door.

 

“Come in.” Suzy answer and then the door open reveal Myungsoo was smiling at her. Suzy immediately sitting up and lean against the headboard.

 

“How are you feeling?” He asked as he walked inside the female room. The first time he was in this room he didn’t aware the scent of feminine maybe because he was too worried about the housekeeper. But this time he can smell it and can’t help it blushing, he never went inside to a woman room before.

 

“I’m fine.” Suzy said weakly.

 

Myungsoo walked closer and pull the chair near the bed and sit comfortably. He saw that Suzy was reading his book. “How was the book?”

 

Suzy smiled. “Interesting.” She marked the book a paper before shut it closed then she put the book on her lap. “It’s very creative. I really like Samuel character.”

 

Myungsoo nodded. “He was quite challenge for me to write, to plan how he should disguise himself or how he should learn new things to make hi disguise more real.”

 

Suzy nodded her head in understanding. “Yeah, pretending to be someone else is hard.”

 

“But he have too.”

 

Suzy bit her lip. “Right.”

 

Then the room become awkwardly silent and Myungsoo was gazing at her and she found herself also looking at him. There is something in his eyes, like he was feeling sorry to her.

 

“Are you homesick?”

 

Suzy found herself blinking at him, wondering why he ask her that question. Homesick? Did she miss her house? Or he meant she miss her parents. “I-i do.”

 

“How’s your parent? Are they also working?”

 

“No, they not. They died.” She said in quiet voice.

 

Myungsoo stiffen, his eyes flinched in regret of the question he ask. “I’m sorry.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter