Charmed

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Heey! How are you? I'm back! Enjoy reading!

 

Sunday morning doesn’t feel like Sunday anymore when Suzy woke up from her sleep. On Sunday she usually hang out with Soojung at pool or shopping to the mall but today she has to work.

 

Suzy sat on the bed and look outside the window. True, she missed her old life. She missed it when she free to buy her clothes, free to go outside and play. She missed her social life. She wonder if her other friends thinking about her and wondering about her whereabouts. Even if she not that close with them but still they are still her friends.

 

The clock was struck at 6:30 a.m and Suzy has woke up from five. She can’t sleep properly after she regret her actions the other day. Her mind keep replaying the events where she hug Hoya.

 

“God!” She groaned in frustration. She wants to forget about that. She didn’t mean to hug him like that and she didn’t expect him to hug her back.

 

Suzy just do what her guts wants to do, she hugged him. Because she knows they both need it. Hoya might hiding his true feelings but she knows that he also hurting.

 

Suzy tighten her hands around his waist, her face in his neck. Inhaling his good scents, he smells like a citrus.

 

Suzy let out a small gasped when Hoya’s hands wrapped around her slender waist. His other hand rubbing her back in intimate way that Suzy never experience before. His hands felt so warm on her skin, it so calming. She inhaling his smells once again.

 

“I told you to resist,” he drawled, he sound amused. “But I can’t blame you, woman always fell for my charmed.” Suzy practically hearing his grinned.

 

She push him away as his voice make her comeback to her senses. She rolling her eyes at him. The intimate feelings she had before vanish in instant he open his mouth. She huffed in annoyed. “You are so full of yourself.”

 

“At least you stop crying.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

True, Suzy thoughts but he still a jerk. “I’m not crying, there was something in my eyes.”

 

“Then explain the hug.”

 

Suzy pouted. “I-- I fell….”

 

He grinned. “For my charmed?”

 

“Of course not!”

 

He laughed at her red face. “Don’t worry, you’re not my type.”

 

“You’re not mine either.”

 

He just laughed and release her hand when he got up from the chair. Suzy didn’t even realize he was holding her.

 

“I better get my lunch, do you think you can handle the rest?” He said pointing at the clothes in the basket. Suzy followed his gaze, there are not many clothes are left, she thinks she can managed it.

 

“Yes, of course I am.”

 

“Good,” he said and walked to the door but before he exit he turn around and called her name. “Suzy, next time please resist.” He winked and disappeared from the door leaving Suzy huffing in annoyance.

 

Suzy rubbing her face with both of her hands. She need a shower and a day spa!

 

After calming herself with shower and dress herself in her maid uniform she walked out from her room in confident. She decided to forget all of her problems. She lost her home, lost her parents but doesn’t mean she has to weeping around all day, she need to be strong for herself.

 

Suzy craving for pie, so she decided to make a pot pie for breakfast. Hoping the males would like it though she never heard them complain any of her foods. It’s worth it, her mother pay a lot of money for the cooking class.

 

Cooking is not really her passion but somehow she can find peace in it, she can release her tension from cooking.

 

After finish cutting slit on her crust she put the pie inside the oven and waiting for crust turn golden.

 

“I thought I smell something delicious.”

 

Suzy startled when saw Sunggyu walked into the kitchen in huge smiled on her face. “Are you making a pie?”

 

Suzy nodded. “Yes, do you like it sir?”

 

“I love it.” He said excitedly as he taking sit on the stool. “So, today is your day off. Have any plan?”

 

Suzy look at him in confusion. “Day off?”

 

He frowned at her. “Didn’t I tell you about your day off?”

 

Suzy shook her head. “You said, I have to clean your room on Sunday and Wednesday.”

 

“Oh God, sometimes I really an idiot. Scratch that, today is your day off. We already decided that since you are the only housekeeper here, you need a day off. But you still have to serve breakfast in the morning.”

 

Suzy face lit up when Hoya said she has a day off, she remember that her staff also had a day off. “What about lunch and dinner?”

 

“No worries, it’s Sunday. We’re never at home on Sunday.”

 

“Ah, I see.”

 

Sunggyu nodded, “So, had any trouble so far?”

 

Suzy smiled at him awkwardly, she doesn’t know why but since the day she got sick Sunggyu turned into very concern employer which is good but a bit awkward for her.

 

“No, everything is fine.”

 

 

 

Suzy staring at the credit card Soojung gave her, she really wants to use this card for spa. She need spa badly. She wants a deep massage and someone taking care of her nails.

 

But...but she was afraid to go outside, she was no longer in Seoul but the males in the house still works in Seoul and she afraid if the filthy old man goons was looking for her.

 

She shook her head, she put back the credit card inside her back. It’s better if she stay still and stay low at the moment. Spa can wait but her freedom is very important for her.

 

Suzy look at herself without her maid uniform. She was wearing jeans and shirt. She can’t believe her eyes but she was nothing like a noble daughters. She look plain and normal. There is nothing special at all about her. She doesn’t feel expensive and proud she used to be.

 

The brunette decided to take a walk in the garden, looking at the greens maybe would help ease her mind.

 

Suzy step halt as she was in the living room, she heard the males talking in the living room number one where they put bar inside. They were laughing, talking and playing pool. They were not home on Sunday? Really Sunggyu, Suzy snorted.

 

Suzy take a silent steps to the hallways, make sure to stay invisible as she can so she won’t disturb them.

 

She smiled widely as she arrive at the garden, inhaling the fresh air in the garden make her feel content. She remember when she was at her home she would bring book and reading them in her mother’s garden.

 

It’s a good thing she bring the book Myungsoo gave her, Beauty and the beast. Why he gave her this, she didn’t have any clue but this is enough to make her preoccupied for today.

 

“Suzy! Thank God you’re here.”

 

Suzy head snapped to the voice, why everyone in this household always make her startled? Seriously, she might die from a heart attack if this continue.

 

“Oh! You’re home.” Suzy said, shut the book closed and put it to her side. She standing when Sungjong come near her.

 

“Yeah,”he laughed. “I only gone for one days. Did you miss me?”

 

Suzy nodded her head. Sungjong is rarely at home, she only see him during breakfast and yesterday he was not there at the table. Even Hoya missing at the dining room yesterday and she didn’t see him for a whole day. She wonder if he doing that for her sake, what happen the other day enough make Suzy wants to hide in closet.

 

Sungjong is quite popular fashion designer, she never wear his clothes but she had heard about him before. His friendly and funny personality make everyone easier to become his friends.

 

“Do you need my help?”

 

“Ah yes, I need a your body.”

 

Suzy gasped and hugged herself in protected way. Sungjong laughed at her. “Not that! I need you to wear my clothes. I need to finish a wedding gown and the bride suddenly want to add something at the last minutes.” He said eyeing her. “You has the same height and body proportion as her. I can’t work unless I saw her in the dress.”

 

Suzy jaw dropped. She quite relieved but wearing a wedding dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter