A warm hug

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

author's note : Hello Everyone, how are you? Do you know how hard it is to losing weight? I just losing another 4.5Kg but it still not enough. TT_TT So here, another chapter..... Jeng....Jeng jeng....

CHAPTER 15

 

“Ouch!” Suzy moaned when she accidentally pricking her finger with the needle. She immediately bring her finger into to the blood. “I should focus!” She scolded herself.

 

There were a reason why she acting so different lately, everything she does turn out so badly. Yesterday she just burnt a grilled fish, she never do that. This morning she accidentally pour salt instead the sugar inside the teapot.

 

It was major disaster for her, everyone was giving her an odd look and Sungjong keep asking if she was alright. Hoya keep staring at her and keep eyes on her since yesterday. He even do the laundry for her but he didn’t asking her if anything was wrong.

 

Suzy sighed and put down the clothes and needle on the counter. She quickly stand up and looking for emergency box. She bandage her finger once she found the bandage inside the box and sighed again in dramatic way.

 

“What does he mean when he said that?” Her mind keep repeating Woohyun voice. What does it means. She shook her head. “No! Focus Suzy! Focus!” She bang her forehead on the counter. “Ahh! Stop it.” She rubbing the back of her neck to lessen the strain.

 

The awkward and unexpected confession yesterday make her turned out like this. Woohyun said, “No pressure,” but Suzy can’t take it lightly. It was too sudden and she was shocked and baffled.

 

She was barely know him and he was barely know her, that doesn’t make senses at all. She was confident that the google wrong, not everything can be true in the internet and Woohyun shouldn’t trust that.

 

She can’t even look him at his face, it was so awkward and weird for her to be in that situation. It’s not like someone never confess their feelings to her, they had but that when she was being Bae Suzy and right now she was nobody.

 

She wonder what happen? What’s make Woohyun suddenly look at her in different way. Is it because the wedding dress? Because Suzy was sure everyone start to treating her differently since the day she wore the wedding dress.

 

Sunggyu sudden protective attitude, Sungyeol start asking weird question, Dongwoo was asking her out for movie date. Hoya? No, he was still the same, prat as he can be. Myungsoo? He also treating her the same, maybe. Suzy shook her head again. “This is frustrating!” Too frustrating for her to handle.

 

She sitting back on the chair, taking the needle and Sunggyu clothes again. “Ahh…” She just realized that she stitched the shirt wrong. “What’s wrong with me?”

 

“Everything was wrong,” a new voice suddenly drawled.

 

Suzy gasped at the voice, her head quickly snapped at the person who was standing at the door frame. The male smirked at her.

 

“Geez, you need to stop doing that. It’s become cliche now.” Suzy scowling at him but the male just grinned widely. “And what do you meant that everything was wrong?” She added hastily.

 

Hoya ignore her and just walked inside the laundry room. His eyes eyeing the stitches, “that pretty ugly, I thought you take class in knitting or that just a lie to impress my mother?”

 

Suzy scoffed, “of course it’s not a lie. I’m pretty good at knitting but this is different and I was a bit distracted.” She retort.

 

The male hummed, “I can see that. You’re a mess. What happen to you?”

 

The brunette rolled her eyes. “It was all your fault.”

 

Hoya arching his brow at the brunette. “My fault? What did I do?”

 

Suzy sighed exasperatedly, “Everything, for your information Sunggyu keep bothering about me and you. He just can’t accept that we don’t have any special relationship.”

 

“We don’t?”

 

Suzy narrowed her eyes at him, she almost wants to strangle him. “Ugh, can’t you be more serious? Of course there is nothing between us.”

 

Hoya titling his head at her and scanning her like auction items. “I thought we had something special going on.” He move his face closer to her and the brunette flinched at his sudden movements. “I thought you and I,” he drawled lowly. “Can rules the world together.” He snickered.

 

Suzy groaned as she push the male away, she almost swoon at his words. Almost. “Stop teasing me. It’s not funny.”

 

Hoya shrugged, “It’s pretty funny to me, you need to get some fun.”

 

“Hoya, this is serious. Everyone start to acting funny to me. And just yesterday Woohyun confessed that he likes me. It's absurd you know? Absurd? How can he like me when we barely know each other- I mean-”

 

Hoya no longer listen to her words at the moment she said Woohyun confessed to her, his eyes widen, his heart start to beat very fast and he feels like he was sweating. “What do you say?” He grab Suzy wrist to make her stop talking.”

 

Suzy huffed, didn’t aware the change of expression on the male face. “I said, Sungyeol start to asking about wei-”

 

“Not that! Before that.” He said, a bit impatient and his voice getting louder that the brunette stop talking.

 

She was frowning at him. “W-what?” She was surprised and bit confused with his sudden hard tone.

 

Hoya shook his head, his hand still holding her securely. “What did you said about Woohyun?”

 

Suzy’s brow arched at him curiously. “That he confessed his feelings to me.” Did she make a mistakes by telling him that? She wonder.

 

Hoya sighed, tried to calm himself. “What did you told him?”

 

“I didn’t say anything and he just said to think about it. I just said okay.”

 

Hoya brows furrowed. “Do you like him?” Hoya paused. “as a man?” Suzy shook her head.

 

“I never thought of him that way.”

 

Hoya smiled in relieved and pulled her closer to his chest. He let out a small laughed as he patted the back of her head.

 

Suzy a little bit taken aback, why he suddenly hug her? Did he turn insane? “Are you going to act like a big brother that I never had? Because that’s really annoying. Sunggyu have done that part amazingly.” She pouted, but the male warmth make her relax and she just lean on him, releasing all of her worries. Then she remembered the hugged she gave him when he was needed it, maybe Hoya thought she need it. Suzy smiled and wrapped her hands around his waist. Whispering “thank you.”

 

 

 

 

It was almost midnight and Suzy can’t sleep, she decided to wear her jacket on her pyjama and head downstairs. She just walk as her feet brings her to the the garden. Suzy let out a small breath.

 

She sat down on the lounge chair and closed her eyes, almost oblivious to where she was, her expression thoughtful. She felt the light breezes wash her face, ruffled her hair. She was unaware at first that someone was there, standing close to her.

 

When she did open her eyes, the male already taken the other lounge beside her. She turned her head to face the male properly but he was also had his eyes closed and his expressions was dreamy.

 

Suzy smiled at him and suddenly his eyes wide open and look at her right in her eyes. Their gazed meet.

 

“Hi,” Suzy said first, broken the silent.

 

“Hey,” the male smiled gently.

 

“Can’t sleep?”

 

He nodded his head. “You too?”

 

“Yeah,” Suzy answer shortly and turned her gazed at the gardens. The post lamp illuminated the gardens in such beautiful way. “Getting some muse for your writings?” She broke the silent once again.

 

“Not really, I just want to get some fresh air and I didn’t expect to find you here.” His voice is so low and gently to her ears.

 

“Sorry if this place was yours at night, I just need some air too.” She shot him apologise smiled.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head. “To be honest, I was pleased to find you here. Sometimes being alone can be somewhat bored and it’s better to have you here to enjoy the night.”

 

Suzy humming happily, her hearts flutters when he spoke like that to her. “Thanks.”

 

“You’re most welcome.” He beam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter