Pick a team!

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : Hello Everyone, ^_^ how are you? So far what do think of the males and Suzy chemistry?

Btw, I'm sorry if you felt the pace was a little bit slow, >.< I didn't plan to make it slow burn, trust me but don't worry I already finished wrote chapter 15 and 16, and I kept something for you. :)

Chapter 14

 

“Suzy you’ll join my team right?” Sungjong said in sing song voice, he reached for her hand. “We’ve got the best player. Me, Hoya and Woohyun.” He said, deciding the team.

 

Suzy bit her lip and then Sungyeol snorted, walked closer to them. “You wish, there is no way you can beat me and L.” He smirked.

 

“There is no way I’m going to be in the same team with Sungyeol.” Dongwoo cut in.

 

“You’re not invited either.” Sungyeol stuck his tongue out at him.

 

“Guys, cut it out.” Sunggyu chide. “To make it fair, let’s draw some straws.”

 

“Yes, let’s do that.” Myungsoo agreed.

 

Sunggyu gathered some straws and coloured some of the straws with red permanent pen. “Okay, four coloured straws and four doesn’t has any mark.” He hold the straw and bring his hand to Suzy. “Suzy, you choose first.”

 

Suzy hesitated at first but then pull out one straw with the red mark.

 

“Good,” Sunggyu said, smiling at her. “Next!”

 

At the end, Suzy was group with Sunggyu, Hoya and Dongwoo. Sungjong doesn’t look happy at all, he keep nagging on Sunggyu to change team insist that he was better player than him to teach Suzy all about bowling.

 

The brunette found it’s funny how Sunggyu was clearly mad at Sungjong remarks about his skill on bowling. She doesn’t know how Sungjong managed to persuade Sunggyu to change team, maybe because his constant nagging Sunggyu decided to leave his spot for Sungjong and proceed with the other team.

 

“Don’t worry Suzy, I’ll teach you everything about it.” His eyes glint in excitement.

 

The brunette gasped when her name was the first one to throw the ball. She was glaring at Hoya’s back, because he was the one who put her name on first.

 

“Suzy, let’s choose your ball. I think ball number 9 would suit you. Try it.”

 

“How?”

 

“Here, put your three fingers inside that hole.” Sungjong show her. “And throw it like this. Just straight on the lane.”

 

Suzy frowning while pick up the ball. “Whoa, it’s quite heavy.” She gasped.

 

Sungjong chuckled, “it is, be careful okay. Now try throw it on the lane like how Myungsoo did it.” He said point at Myungsoo who was ready for his turn.

 

Suzy eyes immediately search for him and saw how he skillfully throw the ball and makes nine pins fall down. “Whoa,” Suzy can’t help but amazed at him.

 

“Just throw it,”

 

Hoya voice snapped her from her dazed and quickly pulled herself up. She glanced at Hoya from the corner of her eyes but the male doesn’t look interested at all in her turn. She sniffed and focus back on the game.

 

“Go on Suzy, you can do it.” Dongwoo cheering her up.

 

Suzy smiled and nodded her head. Without waiting a bit longer Suzy just throw the ball and her eyes can’t leave the sight of the ball when it move towards the pins but her excitement died there when she only managed to take one pin.

 

The brunette sniffed. “It’s alright, throw it again. You doing fine.” Sungjong said, trying to cheer her up.

 

“Thanks.”

 

The game continue, Suzy only manage score for five pins only. Dongwoo was quite amazing too, it was Hoya’s turned. Sungjong does not joking when he said he was pretty good, Hoya managed to get a strike. If she feel Myungsoo throwing was awesome, Hoya was more amazing. He doesn’t look like he was trying at all.

 

“I’m going to get us some drinks.” Dongwoo suddenly said and Suzy immediately get up when she saw him stand.

 

“I’ll help you.” She said.

 

Dongwoo look a bit taken aback but smile and nodded his head. “Let’s go.”

 

When they both a bit far away from the rest, Suzy move closer to him. “Hey, thank you for the movie. It was fun and I had a great night.”

 

“That’s great, I hope it was good enough to distract you from any of your worries.”

 

Suzy touched by his words, he must be pretty worried when found her in mental breakdown the other day. “Thank you, it meant a lot to me.”

 

“So,” he cleared his throat. “Do you want to do it again? Next month maybe?” He gazed on her nervously.

 

Suzy a bit surprised but managed to nodded her head. “I would love too.”

 

Dongwoo grinned, the disappointed look on his face earlier vanished. “What do you like to drink? Ice tea?”

 

Suzy shook her head. “Ice coffee.”

 

“Ahh, so you’re coffee person.” He said, after ordering four ice coffee and four ice tea.

 

The brunette smiled cheekily at him. “Yeah, I always drink it behind my mother back. She would probably yelled at me if she saw me drink coffee instead of tea.”

 

Dongwoo chuckled. “Your mother sound like a noble family’s mother.”

 

Suzy eyes widen at her mistakes, she laughed nervously. “Maybe she pick up that on the drama, she’s a fan of drama. She said coffee doesn’t good for my body but I can’t throw the habit away.”

 

The way Dongwoo smile at her, look so charming. His lopsided smile enough to make any girls swoon. “True,” but then his expression changing to frowned as he remembering something. “I’ll not be here for a week from tomorrow.”

 

“Oh, going somewhere?”

 

He nodded his head. “Yeah, a job related. I’ll fly to Japan tomorrow afternoon.”

 

“Oh… that-that nice.” Suzy said, half true. There is slightly envy in her voice. “It must be fun to travel.”

 

“It does, I’ll have some photoshoot with Japanese models and there will be fashion festival too.”

 

Suzy eyes widen at that. “Fashion festival?” It sound like a music to her ear. “I love fashion festival.”

 

“Of course, I’ll show you the pictures then.” He smirked.

 

“Suzy!!” Sungjong voice calling for her name startled her.

 

“Yes?” Suzy answering back.

 

“It’s your turn now.” He said, coming to her way. “Don’t worry, I’ll help Dongwoo here just shoot your ball.” He winked.

 

Suzy immediately leave her spot after saying thanks to Sungjong. When Suzy walked to the lane she found everyone was chatting animatedly. The other team catching them up.

 

Hoya eyes boring on her. “It’s your turn.”

 

“I can see that.” She awkwardly pick up the ball start throwing the ball confidently. But unfortunately the ball was immediately thrown into the side of the gutter.

 

“It’s okay Suzy, try it again.” Woohyun said and even Sunggyu cheering her up. Myungsoo just nodded at her.

 

Suzy weakly take another ball.

 

“You do it wrong, I’ll teach you how the beginner play from my experience.” Hoya suddenly said. “Do you see the five dots in front of the lane?”

 

The brunette a little bit surprised but Suzy eyes immediately searching for the dots and nodded her head.

 

“Good, you just don’t throw it aimlessly. You need something to focus on, do not throw at the middle because it easier to get split pins, aim a little bit a side from the middle.” He stand up and walked closer to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter