no more hiding?

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hello everyone, how are you? TT_TT I was distracted lately.... what happen to me? BTW, Suzy look so gorgeous at Baeksang Award! love the dress! love the hair! love evrything about her,

Chapter 16

 

The next morning, there were an eerie feelings inside the house. The sound of the clock ticking is getting louder in every seconds, it was too silent and only breathing can be heard.

 

It feels tense and nerve wrecking to be there, in the living room. Six pairs of dark brown eyes staring at her, the other fives was waiting curiously and patiently.

 

The leader of the house, decided to have meeting that morning. To them, what happened yesterday at the dining room was serious and they wants some explanation from her.

 

Is this the day that she’s going to reveal her secret? Is this the day that she will no longer have place to hide? Is this the day that she’s going to be fired? The most scary thing is...Is this the day that she have to separate from him?

 

She doesn’t know, she can’t read everyone's expression at all. She doesn't know what’s was going on in their mind, she doesn’t know how they going to accept her if they learn the truth and she doesn’t know if she can handle it.

 

“Suzy, relax.” Everyone can see her nervousness and the way her hand keep fiddling with one and another. “We’re just wants an explanation, we’re not going to hurt you.” Sunggyu said.

 

Suzy swallowed her saliva, her gazed met with Hoya’s hoping for a little help but he just nodded and smile gently at her, encouraging her to go on. She bit her lip nervously and cleared for a couple times.

 

“F-firstly--” Suzy paused, her voice a little bit higher than usual. She closed her eyes and take a deep breath and let it go slowly before continue. “Firstly, I’m sorry for all the inconvenience that I cause yesterday. I didn’t mean to upset anyone.”

 

“Don’t be silly, you didn't upset anyone at all, we’re just concerned about you and worried what have been bothered you.” Woohyun said.

 

“Yeah, it’s true.” Sungjong nodded, “could you tell us what have been bothering you?”

 

Suzy shook her head. “I’m sorry I can’t.”

 

“What did you mean yesterday? You did mentioned someone yesterday. Is he do something to you?” Sunggyu cut in.

 

“I--that--” Suzy doesn't know why but her tears start to fall down on her cheeks.

 

“Hyung, stop.” Hoya said, quickly got up to the other sofa to soothes the woman.

 

“Sorry Suzy, I didn’t mean to push you.” He said awkwardly and watching the way Hoya calming her was unpleasant to watch.

 

“Is this related to your parent’s death?” Myungsoo suddenly asking, even him can’t stand watching Hoya holding Suzy like that.

 

Sungjong already at beside her too, holding Suzy hand in reassuring. “You’re going to be fine Suzy.” He said, smiling at her.

 

“Do you want to tell them?” Hoya whispered to her, Suzy eyes widen as she look at him. Pleading, she shook her head. Hoya sighed, “To be honest, I also want to hear about it Suzy. I also want to know what he did to you that you have to run away from your home.”

 

“She ran away?!” Sunggyu said in surprised, everyone else also mirroring his reactions. “B-but it can’t be, Soojung sent her here.” He look at her for an answer. “Right Suzy?”

 

Sungyeol groaned, he rubbed his face with both of his palm. “I’m lost. Suzy, please be honest with me. Is this the girl you mentioned before was you?”

 

Suzy stiffen, “T-that--,” she trailed off.

 

“You’re that girl?” He stated again in amazed. “Oh my God, Suzy… that-that happened to you.” There’s a glint of sympathise in his eyes.

 

the brunette doesn’t know what to, her shoulder slump weakly and lean closer to Hoya’s chest for comfort. “Yeah, th-that’s me. I’m the girl who ran away from her house because hiding from a contract marriage.”

 

“Contract marriage?!” Everyone’s was baffled at that.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?” Sungyeol asked. Hoya suddenly raise his arm at the male, a sign for him to stop asking more questions. Sungyeol shook his head in disagree. “I can help her, I want to help her.”

 

Hoya scowled, “Do you think I don’t want to help her? Damnit! I really want to help her, giving her freedom back but she’s not ready to tell us everything. We should respect that.”

 

“But we can’t delayed this any longer! She was in contract, her name was in contract. If that person find her she can be sue or he can do a lot of worst things on her once he married her.”

 

“Do you think I didn’t think that? I’ve been followed that man since I know about it, you know who that person is?!” Hoya shouted, his face red. He already releasing Suzy and both of the male was standing and shouting.

 

“Stop! Stop both of you.” Suzy stand up and push them away from each other, the other males just stunned look at the drama that in front them. Suzy immediately focus on Hoya. “What do you mean you followed him? Y-you promised that you won’t pry on my problem.”

 

Hoya scowled deepened. “That was before we made the promised, I accidently heard your conversation in the laundry room with Soojung, I hired a professional investigator to know what happen to you, you’re an advocate’s daughter why would you be a maid in our house. I’m curious, you can’t blame me.”

 

“B-but you followed him! And you know who was that person?”

 

“Of course I knew that person! He’s the dirtiest person I ever known, even Sunggyu hate him.”

 

“Wait, I know him?”

 

“Of course you know him, your uncle once removed.” Hoya rolled his eyes.

 

“What?! Him?” Sunggyu fuming. “How dare he! I’m going to kill him when I saw him. That bloody old man!”

 

“Hyung! Calm down!” Sungjong and Myungsoo hold him. “Calm down, killing him won’t settled anything.”

 

“What did he do Suzy? What did he do?” Sunggyu asked, impatiently.

 

“Hyung calm down, you scaring her.” Myungsoo chided.

 

When Sunggyu saw how tremblings and how red her face is, he shut his mouth and taking a deep breath. He shook his head and sit back on the sofa after disentangle himself from Myungsoo and Sungjong, he now facing the brunette. “Everyone, sit down.” He command. “Let’s talk about this calmly okay.”

 

Everyone agreed and sit back on the sofa, Suzy doesn’t know how to feel about this. Everything is so messed up right now. She wish everything would be pass soon because it’s so painful to her.

 

After Hoya and Sungyeol managed persuaded her to tell the rest of the household about her problem, everyone start to giving their opinions in the matters. Sungyeol want to see the contract and asking Suzy to contact Soojung for a copy of the contract.

 

Suzy was grateful, everyone was willing to listen to her problem and coming up with a solutions to help her null the contract, though they not sure if they can succeed.

 

Sungjong was upset when knowing her real name. “So, you’re not Lee?” He cried. “What will happen to Lee rules?”

 

Suzy chuckled at that, having Positive Sungjong there was cheering her up a bit.

 

“Kim Goon is such a sly man, I can’t believe the new house that he just bought was your old house Suzy.” Sunggyu huffed, “I can’t believe him, my family really hate him because he’s a liar, swindler and has tricked a lot of people. I’m sorry that your father was caught in his trap Suzy.”

 

Suzy sighed weakly. “I’m really immature at that time, I didn’t know how badly my father’s debt, I don’t know that he have problem at all. My mother treatment was very expensive, he lost a lot of money and his company didn’t doing well after mother died. He was in terrible stated.

 

“Don’t worry Suzy, I will did my best to find the clause in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter