Bad Liar

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Firstly, I want to say SELAMAT MENYAMBUT IBADAH PUASA BAGI UMAT ISLAM. And Secondly, in this month I might not update every chapter on Thursday or I not might update at all, I'm pretty busy at the moment. So, I'm sorry for that.

CHAPTER 19

 

 

 Suzy randomly push the remote control button, she was bored and lonely. The others was busy preparing for the wedding since they got to the hotel yesterday.

 

 The brunette thoughts she can’t do it once she and Hoya was closer to the hotel but somehow Hoya’s presence there calm her a bit and the spa and the secret hideout makes her feel better.

 

 Hoya didn’t even see her this morning, The others knock on her door and asking if she was sleeping okay at night, Myungsoo lend her some books if she bored but she doesn’t have mood for reading.

 

 A soft knock on the door make Suzy startled but she immediately wear her jacket and walk to the door. She peep into the peephole and saw Dongwoo was standing there.

 

She gasped excitedly and open the door. “Hey! You’re back!”

 

 Dongwoo grinned. “I’m back,” he was holding something. “Can I come in?”

 

 The brunette nodded her head and let the male come inside her room. “Did you have dinner yet?” The male asked.

 

 “I did, I called it from my room like Sunggyu said.” Suzy sat on the bed and gesture Dongwoo to take the chair. “How was Japan?”

 

 “Amazing,” He smiled. “Here I brought you something.”

 

 Suzy frowned at the bag curiously. “You brought me something?” She taking the bag from his hand and peek inside. She immediately taking out the stuff and gasped. “Sake?!” She laughed.

 

“Awesome! Thank you!” And then she peek through the bag again as she see saw something “Is this a yukata?” She taking it out from the bag.

 

 Dongwoo nodded. “You like it?”

 

 Suzy smiled and nodded her head as she inspect the cotton clothes closely “It’s beautiful, I love it.” She taking off her jacket and put on the yukata instead.

 

“It suit you,” the male said eyeing the brunette who was checking herself up in front the mirror. Suzy smiled widely and sat back on the bed.

 

“Thank you for the gift. I love it.”

 

“You’re welcome,” he nodded but then he remember something. “Hmm, when I arrived this morning and met the guys...the mention something about you.”

 

Suzy eyes widen as she realized Dongwoo doesn’t know her real identity yet. “Oh….what did you hear?”

 

“Mmm, that you need a protection and we’re your knight.” He grinned. “Tell me what happen? Because everyone seems so busy that they don’t have time to explain to me. Sungjong can’t take his hands from the bride, groom and bridesmaids clothes. Woohyun was checking everything like frantic lunatic. Hoya, Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Myungsoo was practicing the band. So everyone was busy and I was left out.”

 

Suzy frowned and look at him curiously. “What do you mean practicing the band?”

 

“Oh you didn’t know that they going to sing at the wedding?” He chuckled. “Actually, I need to practice too but I’ll let Sunggyu fill in my place.”

 

“They can sing?” Suzy asked in amazement.

 

Dongwoo nodded. “Yeah, in high school Sunggyu and Hoya create the band and then they recruited Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Sungjong and I. Though I barely singing.”

 

Suzy laughed. “I can wait to see that.”

Dongwoo grinned and nodded his head. “Do you want to go somewhere with me?”

 

Suzy blinks her eyes. “Hmm?”

 

“You must be bored sitting inside your room all day. Want to go out with me?”

“But I can’t go out. Sunggyu asked me to stay here.”

 

“Yeah, he warned me too earlier. Do not let you go outside alone in this hotel.” He rubbed the back of his neck. “It must be pretty serious then, tell me what happen?”

 

Suzy bit her lip. “Er…” she can’t explain it to him alone. It feels awkward. “Actually,” she started. “I’m not Lee Suzy. I’m Bae Suzy.”

 

“What?”

 

 The flustered, “I--I mean tha-that my real name is Suzy and I was not a real housekeeper.”

 

“What?” Dongwoo mouth gaped, his widen in surprised. “What do you mean you’re not a housekeeper? Then…? W-what are you?”

 

“I’m Suzy Bae,” The brunette said again.

 

“I’m lost.”

 

 

 

“So that’s what everyone mean by protecting you.” Dongwoo said, pouring himself the sake.

 

The brunette been telling him from the beginning and make sure no details was left out. And she was relieved that Dongwoo accept it with open heart. He doesn’t look upset but he does look confused.

 

“So, that’s everything. Are you okay?” Suzy asked the male who was still look rather confused.

 

“Y-yeah I’m fine, just surprised.” He smiled. “It must be very hard for you doing the house chores, but how you do it?”

 

Suzy shrugged. “It’s so difficult at first, the only thing I knew was cooking since my mother sent me to cooking class. I don’t know how to use the iron and how to make a bed.” She chuckled. “Soojung’s butler teaches me how to do it but I messed up a lot when I was doing the cleaning in the house but Hoya was helping me.”

 

Dongwoo narrowed his eyes. “Hoya was helping you?”

 

The brunette smiled softly and nodded her head. “Yeah, I was grateful to him. He help me folded the clothes and teach me how to use the washing machine.”

 

“Hoya did?” Dongwoo sounded surprised.

 

“Yeah, he knows from the start that I’m not a real housekeeper.”

 

“How?”

 

Suzy pouted, trying to remember. “I think he saw my picture where his mother show, one of the eligible bachelorettes his mother choose.” Suzy shrugged. “I was surprised too because he remember me, though there is so many pictures.”

 

Dongwoo look at her in disbelief. “How long has he keeping the secret?”

 

“From the start, he busted me after weeks I was there.” She huffed. “That mo-ro-nic.” She blushed profusely. But she didn’t tell Dongwoo about Hoya and her deal to be his pretense girlfriend.

 

“Hoya is like that, he has this one side who can’t handle seeing people in pain. Though he likes to teasing Sunggyu a lot.”

 

Suzy blushed again. “Oh really?” She remember how Hoya keep teasing her.

 

“That because he really comfortable with Sunggyu. When his brother died it was very painful for him. He won’t listen to anyone and he doesn't have good relationship with his father.”

 

“Why he was not in good relationship with his father? Something happen between them?”

 

Dongwoo smiled sadly. “It’s not my place to tell.”

 

Suzy frowned. “Hmm...tell me please.”

 

The male look at her amusedly. “Just a little bit okay, Hoya has another dream. He doesn’t want to be a businessman but instead he wants to be a singer.”

 

The brunette was perplexed. “S-singer? Hoya does?”

 

“Yup, don’t tell him that I told you that okay.”

 

Suzy grinned. “Okay, promised.” She chuckled.

 

Dongwoo sniggered and then glance at his watch. “Oh no, I have to go. Or they going to kill me for not practice.” He get up from the chair. “See you later Suzy.” He said and walked to the door, the brunette follow him.

 

“see you later Dongwoo, and have fun practicing.” She smiled widely.

 

“Thanks.” He said and closed the door.

 

Suzy sighed as she locked the door and headed back to the bedroom. She take off the yukata and folded it neatly back into the bag.

 

She lays on her back on the bed and sighed again. “Should I text him?” She mumbled to herself and taking out her iphone smartphone. She can’t believe that Soojung gave her back her smartphone. She was happy for that but Soojung deleted her SNS account and everything related to social media in her smartphone. She changed her number.

 

What R U doing? -S

 

She staring at the smartphone and waiting for the reply. She can’t believe that she text him.

 

Drinking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter