You're just as sane as I am

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : Hello everyone, we meet again in Thursday. depends on your timezoned. :) here new update. Enjoy.

CHAPTER 12

 

Another Sunday and another day off for Suzy. She get up from the bed and headed to bathroom. Though today is her day off she still need to make breakfast for the male. After finished clean herself she wear her jeans and t-shirt and then descend the stairs.

 

Suzy was frozen solid when she step into the kitchen as she saw the man that she hadn’t see for a week now. He sitting on the stool, drinking some water. He didn’t even realize her presence there.

 

The brunette eyeing the male, he was wearing a suit. His tie was loosen and the coat was on the counter. His hair was a bit messy and he look exhausted.

 

It was weird, but somehow Suzy did missed his presence there in the house. She found something missing when he was not there as he always would be there if she need any help.

 

She was folding the clothes alone for days and it turned out so untidy and clumsy. Somehow she missing his sarcastic remarks and his mocking smirk. Or when he .

 

“You’re back.” Suzy suddenly said and the male flinched at her voice. He clearly startled as he snapped his head to her and Suzy found that funny. She chuckled. “Did I surprised you.”

 

“I almost get a heart attack.” He drawled. “Did you miss me?” He added as Suzy walked near him.

 

Suzy hummed, didn’t meet his eyes. She frowned. “What to missed when I barely noticed you’re gone.” Suzy smirked as she satisfied with her answer and then fill the kettle with water.

 

Hoya eyebrow rose and look at her challenging. “I see, but you did notice I was gone.”

 

“Barely.” She muttered and boiling the water. “Tea?” She said as she turned to him and properly look at his face.

 

Hoya nodded his head amusedly. “Liar.”

 

“You’re so full of yourself.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

 

“Heard that a lot, thanks. Just admit it.”

 

“No, because I’m not.”

 

“You’re terrible liar, did you hear your voice when you said ‘you’re back’.” He grinned. “Sound really excited to see me.”

 

Suzy narrowed her eyes. Yes, she missed the bickering but she won’t tell him. “Ha-ha...you’re delusional.” She take the teapot and pour some tea leaves. Put a cup and saucer on the counter.

 

Hoya just laughed.

 

“Where have you been?” Suzy take the sit next to him.

 

“London, had some works to do.”

 

“Oh…” Suzy glanced at him. “Why didn’t you inform me? I was wondered where you have gone and a bit worried because you’re drunk before you gone missing.”

 

Hoya peered at her. “I was leave in such a hurry,” he gazed at her amusedly.

 

“What?” Suzy asked when he look at her oddly.

 

He laughed. “You’re worried about me?”

 

Suzy sniffed. “That-that because you’re missing the next day without any word.”

 

“Actually, I did saw you before I leave.”

 

Suzy blinked her eyes in confusion. “You did? When?”

 

Hoya shrugged. “When you’re cooking, you look so busy so I just leave.”

 

Suzy hummed in disapprove and turned off the stove as the water boiling. She then pour the hot water in the teapot.

 

“Actually, there’s a thing I need talk to you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Hoya pushed his hair back and Suzy watch him curiously. “My mother wants to meet you today.”

 

“What?” Suzy stiffen. “She what?”

 

“My mother wants to meet my girlfriend.”

 

Suzy pouted. “I’m not your girlfriend.” She narrowed her eyes.

 

Hoya rolled his eyes. “My pretend girlfriend, ugh we had deal remember?”

 

Suzy shrugged. “I don’t know, I might have a short memory term.” She stick her tongue out.

 

“Nah, you’re just crazy. Have you done the self talking today?” He sniggered.

 

“Oh shut it, I’m not always talking to myself.” She groaned. “When your mother wants to meet me?”

 

“Tonight.”

 

“What?! Tonight? I-i--No!”

 

Hoya brow rose at her. “No?”

 

“Yes, women need to be prepared before meeting their future mother in law. It’s like going for battle you know.”

 

“Future mother in law?” Hoya grinned in teasing.

 

Suzy scoffed at his reaction. “Fake future mother in law.”

 

Hoya laughed. “Just be yourself. Just be Suzy Bae.”

 

Suzy winced and Hoya noticed. “I can’t… I can’t be Suzy Bae.”

 

“Of course you can, you are Suzy Bae.”

 

Suzy shook her head. “He might found me if I be myself.”

 

“He?” Hoya look at her expectantly but Suzy just shook her head. Hoya sighed. “I know I promised that I won’t pry on your personal matters but maybe I can help you.”

 

Suzy shook her head. “It’s okay.” She smiled sadly. “This is my fight and I burden Soojung enough, I don’t want to be burden to anyone else.”

 

Hoya move closer to her and whispers. “You’re not a burden and it would benefits me too if I help you.”

 

Suzy blushed. “B-benefit you? How?”

 

Hoya shrugged and his hand reached for her hair. “What did you do to your hair?”

 

The brunette chew her bottom lip and avert her gazed from him. His sudden action make Suzy feel something funny inside her stomach. “You don’t like it?” Why would she care what he thinks about her.

 

She can feel that Hoya eyes scanning her as his finger playing with the tips of her hair and she knows that she was blushing furiously. “Hmm, it suit you,” he paused before leaning closer again. “And I love it.” He drawl near her ear.

 

Suzy gasped and push him. “Stop it, what are you doing?”

 

Hoya laughed at her reaction. “To seeing this.”

 

Suzy glared at him. Hoya hold his stomach and laughed. “Oh God, you’re so funny Suzy. Your reaction is such a bliss for me.”

 

“Stop it.” Suzy hissed but can’t help smiling at his laugh. It so contagious. But then Suzy remember something. “Hey, what about my clothes? I don’t have any good dress to meet your mother, to make a first good impression on her and I don’t have any cosmetics with me. I can’t just turn up with a bareface.”

 

Hoya smirked, “I thought so, I did prepare something for you.” He reach under the counter and handed the paper bag to Suzy.

 

“What is this?” Suzy take the beg and peeked inside, she gasped. “Makeups and dress!” She taking out the make up from the bag. “How-this is amazing, so what time should I prepare?” She looked up to him. “Oh and what should I tell Sunggyu about this?”

 

Hoya shook his head, “I already told him that I borrow you for today and he approved as long as I taking care of you.”

 

“You better.” Suzy warned.

 

Hoya rolled his eyes, “I’ll meet you at in front at five o’clock. Is that fine?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter