The wedding day!

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hello! I'm back! Busy month but I manage to steal some time to wrote the update, >.< sorry for making you'all waiting.

 

CHAPTER 20

 

It is possible that a guest is more nervous than the bride on her wedding day? Suzy can’t think straight as she was staring at the dress she was holding. Hoya bought her a new dress, he said don’t wear the black dress on wedding day, it’s not a funeral. Instead he bought her a blue laces short dress.

 

It was beautiful, she never doubt his taste. But she can’t believe the amount of burden she gave to him. She owed him a lot. Hoya did say that he doing for his own benefit but what benefit that he gain? Suzy was confused. Because if she thinks about it, he never gain anything beside that she agreed to be his pretend girlfriend but Suzy won’t call that benefit at all.

 

She sighed, it’s better if she stop dwelled on it and get ready for the reception party. She didn’t dare to watch the bride walk on the aisle, thinking about it makes her stomach churning.

 

Once the brunette finished drying her hair and wear the dress. She look herself in front of the mirror. Taking out the cosmetic Hoya’s bought for her from the bag and she start to applied a thin layer of foundation on her face.

 

After finished doing her makeup, she’s taking her handbag and wear her black stiletto which also Hoya bought for her. She was nervous, too nervous. How can she face Hoya’s parents in the reception.

 

A soft knock on the door make her heart stop for a while. “This is it.” She mumbled and walked to the door. She open the door and saw Sunggyu instead of Hoya.

 

“Are you ready?” He smiled, offered his hand to her.

 

Suzy look at him in confused. “Hmm, where is Hoya?” She look over his shoulder but found no one.

 

Sunggyu pouted. “What? You don’t want me to you?”

 

The brunette smiled. “I don’t mind of course, just I thought Hoya would be the one who escorting me.”

 

Sunggyu grinned. “Ahh… did he promised that to you? Then I’d make a mistake.”

 

“No… No… he didn’t say that but--”

 

“But you expect him to, right?” The male interrupted.

 

Suzy blushed at that. “No...I--”

 

“You’re bad liar Suzy.”

 

Suzy huffed as she shut , she’s not a bad liar!

 

Sunggyu just chuckled. “Alright, alright I won’t tease you. Come on.”

 

Suzy nodded her head and walked side by side with the male as he her to the ballroom. Suzy felt overwhelming by the number of people in the party.

 

“I-i thought only friends and families were invited.” She whispered to Sunggyu.

 

“Woohyun has many relatives, and beside we’re his family too so there's many people here. But don’t worry, your enemy was not invited.”

 

“Good,” The brunette said nervously when some people make an eyes contact with her. She just smiled back awkwardly. Suzy was never good with new people, she was awkward and doesn’t know how to start a conversation.

 

She saw Myungsoo walked toward them and he was smiled brightly as he saw her. “Hey, you look stunning.”

 

“Thank you.” Suzy said shyly.

 

“Do you want to dance?” He point at the dance floor which the bride and groom was dancing along with the others couple.

 

“I’m not good in dancing.”

 

“Me too, but I feel like want to dancing as I saw you.” He offered his hand to her. Suzy glanced at Sunggyu and he just nodded his head to assure to go with Myungsoo. The brunette then take the male hand and headed to the dance floor together.

 

Myungsoo put his hand on her waist and the brunette put her hand on his shoulder and the other hand hold his hand. Suzy just follow his lead. Hopefully she won’t step on his toe. It would be embarrassing.

 

“How are you feeling?” The male asked.

 

“Nervous.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled, “Yeah me too.”

 

“Why are you nervous?” Suzy asked him in confusion.

 

“Because dancing with a beautiful woman like you make me nervous.” He grinned at her.

 

Suzy laughed. “Yeah right.”

 

“It’s true though, you’re not sabotaging the bride aren't you?”

 

The brunette snorted with unladylike manner. “I’m not. Woohyun might kill me if I did.” She glanced at the bride and the groom. “They look happy.” With a sad smiled.

 

“They must be, it's their wedding day.”

 

“Yeah, of course.” Suzy said, her voice sound sad.

 

“What’s wrong?” The male asked as he notice her tone. “Did I said something wrong?”

 

Suzy shook her head. “No, it just that-- I feel angry with my own situation. Thinking about marriage makes me sick.”

 

“Oh…” Myungsoo paused awkwardly. “I’m sorry, I should have understand that.” He look at the brunette regretfully.

 

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” She said, smiled weakly.

 

“Let’s forget all about that for now, sadness didn’t suit your face.” Suzy chuckled at the smooth line.

 

“You should start making a romance novel.”

 

Myungsoo grinned proudly. “I’ll think about it.” He smirked. “Maybe you as my lead character. That would be interesting.”

 

Suzy eyes widen, “Oh no...I’m far from interesting at all. Don’t make me as your subject.”

 

“So, have you realize yet?”

 

“About what?”

 

The male hummed, “You know.”

 

Suzy chuckled. “Believe me, I’m so confused right now.”

 

Myungsoo snorted. “You’re really oblivious didn’t you? I’m feeling bad for them.”

 

“Oblivious about what? And why would you feelings bad?”

 

“I think Dongwoo and Sungyeol like you more than a friend.”

 

The brunette snort with unladylike manner. “You’re kidding, because that have to be false.”

 

“Why are you denied it?” The male asked, amusedly.

 

“I’m not, I just telling the truth.”

 

“But it’s not.” Suzy shook her head.

 

“What about Hoya then?”

 

Suzy frowned. “What about him?”

 

Myungsoo shrugged. “I don’t know, but everyone notice that something was going on between you too.

 

“T-that was ridiculous, there is nothing between us.”

 

Then the brunette eyes fell on someone very familiar at the crowd. Her breath hitched when she recognised the figure. It was indeed him, his hair was comb perfectly and he was wearing a dark suit. Weird, how she easily spot him among the crowd.

 

She frowned as she saw him talking to other woman, chatting animatedly. Without her aware she already letting go the hand of the man she dancing to and now made her way to the man she’s been eyeing for.

 

 

 

 

Hoya almost yawn as the woman in front of him trying to impress him with her cleavage and her annoying nasal voice. He wants the woman be gone, he was dying has to fake a smile and look interested but he can’t do anything since this woman’s father is his father business partner and he already warned him to be nice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter