Some Night

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : Hi there! Thank you so much for reveiwing the last episode! So here is the new update! every thursday. :)

Chapter 13

 

Suzy come home that night and can’t sleep. She need to tell someone what happen to her at the dinner date. She need someone to hear her and give her moral support. She glanced at the clock, it struck two in the morning.

 

After getting herself clean and hang the black dress on the hanger she hang the dress on the chair so she can stare at it and reminisce her journey of fake future in law. 

 

Without a waiting a beat longer, she dialled Soojung’s number. She picked up after the third time Suzy called.

 

“Suzy yah! Do you know what time is it? Can’t you wait until tomorrow morning?”

 

Suzy ignored her rant. “I’ve done something stupid, but at the same time it was adventurous and fun.” She chuckled. “Do you remember our talked? What would we do if we’re going to face our future mother in law? Wait, it’s not like I’m meeting with my real mother in law, it just fake future mother in law. Can you believe it?”

 

“What? What are you talking about Suzy?” Soojung asked dumbly, wondering if her best friend is drunk. “Are you been drinking?”

 

“No! I’m not.” Suzy sighed. “Do you remember when I said Hoya suspect that I’m not a housekeeper?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“He kinda busted me after that and he made a deal with me to be his pretend girlfriend so his parents would stop nagging him about marriage.”

 

“So you agreed?”

 

“Yes, I did.”

 

Soojung gasped. “Why would you do something stupid like that? You have should tell me about that. What if he decided to announce your real identity?”

 

“Soojung!” Suzy snapped. “He won’t, I believe him. Hoya is not that kind of person, he was like friend to me in this house, with our constant bickering he kinda remind me of you.” Suzy chuckled.

 

Soojung groaned. “I don’t believe you, you replace me.”

 

“Don’t be silly, I just found another bickering partner that’s all and he was male version of you.”

 

“That doesn’t feel reassuring at all.” Soojung stated. “So what’s happen? How did you meet his parents? I can’t believe you met Lee Hwan’s parents!”

 

“I know! That’s was your ex-betrothed parents. But they were nice people, nothing of what I was imagine. And his mother asking me a lot of question and I notice that she quite impressed with me.”

 

Soojung laughed. “Are you going to be their daughter in law?”

 

Suzy snorted. “No way! This is just a fake relationship, there is no way I can sit more than one hour with Hoya. He drive me insane.”

 

“I thought you enjoy the bickering,”

 

“I-i did but… but,” Suzy groaned. “He likes to teased me. A lot.”

 

Soojung chuckled. “Guys always teased the girls they like.”

 

“Believe me! I’m not his type! And to be honest, he’s not my type either.”

 

“Awww you sound so disappointed knowing you’re not his type.”

 

“You’re impossible, you know that?” Suzy sighed.

 

“So, what is your type?”

 

Suzy shrugged. “You know, the mysterious… writer vibes and pale skin..”

 

“Hoya seems mysterious to me but since you mention a writer’s vibes.. I guess you did has a crush on Kim Myungsoo!”

 

Suzy grinned. “Well, he’s a good looking.”

 

“Hoya is a good looking too.”

 

“Stop comparing everything to him, you ruined the happy moment by mentioning his name.”

 

“But you enjoy his presence, if not you’re never replaced me.”

 

“I can’t believe you’re type that hold revenge.” Suzy laughed. “Fine, I won’t replace you. You’re the only my best bickering partner I ever had.”

 

“That’s better.”

 

The both laughed and continue talking for another one hour until Suzy bid her goodbye. She need her rest since she’s going to start her chores in early morning.

 

 

 

 

Early in the morning when Suzy preparing for the breakfast, Sunggyu approach her oddly, he eyeing the housekeeper carefully and stare at her until the brunette stop doing everything that she did.

 

“Can I help you? I don’t know if you notice but you've been staring for almost twenty minutes.” Suzy explained uncomfortably.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat and sit on the stool, he shift his posture in many ways awkwardly and that sight was painful for Suzy to watch.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” She asked a bit alarming.

 

Sunggyu shook his head as he make an eyes contact with her now. “Nope.” He chewed his bottom lip. “It just that I’ve been curious.”

 

Suzy eyebrows rose. “About what?”

He shrugged. “Why Hoya suddenly want to borrow you and where did he brings you.”

 

“Oh…” Suzy paused. “H-he didn’t tell you?”

 

“Nope, that’s why I asked.”

 

"Right.” Suzy bit her lip. “I-i think you should ask him, instead of asking me.”

 

“I don’t think it he would bother to explain.”

 

“And what makes you think I would?” Suzy looked at him expectantly,

 

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at her, he suddenly turned into his employer mood. “Well, good question.” He nodded. “Since I’m the one who hired you that’s make me your number one employer though we split the paycheck. But still, I’m your boss and it was my concern what happen to my worker.”

 

Suzy take a deep breath and try to calm herself. “I’m sorry sir, but it was not my place to tell you that. I’m afraid it was Hoya’s personal matters.”

 

He groaned, “Why both of you being so secretive? This is weird.”

 

“So, you did asked him?” Suzy asked.

 

“Yeah, I asked him and he just ignore me. I can’t believe that. What is your relationship with him?”

 

Suzy blinks her eyes, try to be so oblivious as she can be. “Employer and employee?” She shrugged.

 

Sunggyu snorted. “That can’t be all, I saw you last night with black dress.” His cheeks suddenly turned red. “You look stunning by the way but that’s not the main problem. The problem is where is he brought you.”

 

“Hoya did asked for your permission to borrow me right?” Though Suzy a bit disapproving with that, she’s not an item to be borrow.

 

“He did ask for permission but I just curious. Why would he let you wear a beautiful dress and bring you to other place. You not dating him are you?”

 

Suzy gagged. “D-dating him? T-that was absurd! No sane person would date him.” Suzy scoffed but then remember her place as Sunggyu shot her an odd look. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that.”

 

“It’s fine.” He look amused. “I agreed though, he need someone who can stand all of his mischievous and his sarcastic remarks.”

 

Suzy chuckled. “True, he need someone who can keep up with him and put him on his place.” She grinned.

 

“Indeed,” he nodded and then focus on the ingredients Suzy put on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter