hideout

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: My son was having a fever yesterday and he won't let me using my laptop or smartphone. >.< he won't let my hand go. I having a hard time for toilet and bath. TT_TT HAHA but glad he was okay today, so here update.

Chapter 18

 

The brunette sitting on her bed with her clothes sprawled over the bed. She sighed massively as she stare at her empty bag. “What should I bring?”

She bit her lip. Woohyun said she can come to the wedding venue with them because it’s a private ceremony, only family and close friends are Invited. Though Hoya immediately disagrees about it, he said she should stay in the hotel room but everyone said it’s going to be fine.

 

Suzy was unsure if she should accept woohyun invitation or just follow what Hoya said. But-but it’s been awhile since she’s going to met some other people, though it was strangers but at least she can have fun and mingle.

 

The brunette snorted. “There is no way I’m going to mingle.” She’s not a really a party person but she can bring herself to some important event even though some of them bored her.

 

She sighed. Her eyes then found the black dress Hoya bought for her the other day. The brunette smiled and pick up the dress. She folded it neatly and put it inside her bag. Maybe, just maybe she might need it.

 

A soft knock on the door startled her, and the door swing open. Hoya was standing there and immediately get inside the room and close the door.

 

“I didn’t say you can’t come in.” Suzy folded her arms across her chest. “And you should have wait after knocking, I might not decent you know.” She narrowed her eyes at the male.

 

Hoya shrugged and walk closer to the bed, he eyeing the clothes that laying on the bed. “What happen here?” He said, completely ignore her warned.

 

Suzy rolled her eyes. “I’m packing, we leave tomorrow morning right?”

 

Hoya sighed, pick up some clothes and put it away before he sit on the bed. “It’s a bad idea.” He said and then stop as his eyes found the black dress in her bag.

 

Suzy noticed that he was staring and she immediately close the bag and put it beside her bed. “W-why it's a bad idea?” She asked, flusteredly.

 

“Because my mother going to the wedding.” He said while put back her clothes at his side. 

 

Suzy stiffen. “W-what?”

 

The male look up at her, his eyes boring into her. “That’s why I want you to stay inside your room because my mother going to be there Suzy.” But then he paused, his brow knitted together. “But, it’s not a bad idea actually. You can pretend to be my girlfriend again.”

 

Suzy huffed. “Set your priorities right.”

 

Hoya grinned. “It’s set then, you going to the wedding.” His hand reach for her head and patted her hair. “Pack your things, Loony.”

 

Suzy slap his hand away in annoyed. “What did you call me?”

 

“It’s your new nickname. It suit your character.” He smiled slyly.

 

“Loony?” The brunette scoffed. “It doesn’t suit me at all. I’m not a lunatic.”

 

“Are you sure?” He put his hand on his chin, like he was thinking. “It suit you because, you’re somewhat clumsy, like talking to yourself a lot and like to daydreaming.”

 

The brunette huffed. “Well then, I’m going to give you a nickname too! Mo-ro-nic!”

 

Hoya laughed. “Aww that’s cute, can’t you be more original sweetheart?”

 

Suzy bit her lip, somehow her cheeks start to get warmer. Is it because he suddenly call her sweetheart?

 

“What? Cat got your tongue now?” He scoot closer to the brunette and take her hand in his. Suzy was startled by his action but too stunned to say anything. “You should take care of yourself,” he said, looking at her hands and caress it carefully. He notice the bandage lines that Suzy used to wrapped her finger the other day.

 

“Tomorrow morning, you’ll have to ride car with me to the hotel.”

 

“Why?” She managed to asked, blushing furiously.

 

“I’ve got a surprise for you.”

 

“What is it?” Suzy look at him curiously. The warm of his hand soothes her.

 

“You will see.” He smiled and then bring her fingers close to his lips and kiss it lightly.

 

Suzy gasped and pull her hand quickly. “W-what are you doing?”

 

The male chuckled. “Seriously? Didn’t I said to get used to my touch because it won’t go away soon.” He reached for her hand again. “You’re my girlfriend, it's a natural thing to do when I courting you.”

 

If possible, Suzy cheeks getting redder. “It’s only a pretense.”

 

Hoya hummed. “Of course,” he brings his face closer to her. Suzy breath hitched as she can feel his breath close to her cheeks. “But you’re impossible to resist.”

 

Suzy yelp and immediately push him away. “Stop teasing me Hoya! It’s not funny.” The male just chuckled but still holding her hand.

 

“I will stop in one condition.”

 

Suzy frowned. “What is it?”

 

“I want a kiss.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me. I want a kiss.” The male smirked.

 

“Stop it.” The brunette huffed.

 

“Kiss me.” His brow arching like he was waiting for the kiss.

 

“You’re not joking?” Suzy said, bewildered.

 

The male shook his head. “I’m not,” his gazed hardened as he looking at her.

 

Suzy swallowed her saliva nervously. “Fine,” she said. Hoya look surprised but didn’t say anything. “Promised you will stop teasing me?”

 

He nodded. “I promised.”

 

“Okay.” Suzy shut her eyes nervously and move her face closer to the male. It’s better if she do it quickly and get over it.

 

Suzy can feel that her lips almost touching him. When her lips land on her his, Suzy noticed something strange. It’s weird but why Hoya’s lips was furry and soft? She open her eyes and gasped when realized it was not Hoya. She pulled back stare at the thing.

 

Instead of kissing Hoya, she was kissing a teddy bear. Her eyes immediately search for Hoya. He was grinning like an idiot.

 

Suzy pouted. “You tricked me again.” She swat his arm but that doesn’t stop him from laughing.

 

“Did you disappointed that it was not my lips?” Suzy rolled her eyes.

 

“Of course not! Stop laughing.” She warned when the male won’t stop laughing.

 

“Yeah...yeah, I’m stopping.” He then fixes the teddy bear and shove it to her hand. “This is yours.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do I need a reason to give you a present?”

 

“No, but--”

 

“If you won't take it then I’ll have it back.” He said trying to reach for the teddy bear again but the brunette stop him.

 

“No, I didn’t say that I won't take it.” She retort, hugging the teddy bear close to her chest. “Thank you.” She blushed.

 

The male just watch her amusedly. “You are so adorable.”

 

Suzy stunned again.

 

Hoya seemed realized that he said it out loud, he quickly cleared his throat and get up from the bed. “You better pack your stuff and sleep early.” He said and then walked to the door. Before he leave and close the door, he look at her for the last time. “Good night.” And close the door.

 

Suzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter