Together

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: OMG! EVERYONE!! I'm so sorry for not updating last Thursday. well, it was my fault. I accidently left my laptop at my mother house. TT_TT I can't believe it. But, now I'm back! so here the update. I'm sorry. :) and Happy mother's day.

CHAPTER 17

 

The next morning breakfast was a bit unusual, it was silent at the dining table. No one make sound at all and no one made eyes contact with the brunette except Sungjong who was smiled sweetly at her.

 

Suzy was thankful for that but the eerie feelings in the dining room make her restless. She wants to fixes it, it doesn’t feel right.

 

After breakfast, Soojung called that she’s going to visit them in the afternoon. Suzy was squealed in happiness knowing her bestfriends going to come and see her.

 

She’s been missing her a lot, it’s been a month since she last saw her. They never apart this long before and everything doesn’t feel right without Soojung in Suzy side and vice versa.

 

Suzy hummed happily in the kitchen, making some pudding. It’s Soojung’s favorite dessert. And she decided to cook make something good for lunch and hoping it would cheer up the awkward mood.

 

“Ahem.”

 

Suzy immediately look up from her work when heard someone’s voice, it was Myungsoo. Smile awkwardly at her as he start walking near her. “Hi…”

 

Suzy brow arched. “Hmmm Hi?” She greeted back confusedly.

 

“It’s been awkward right.”

 

“Yeah, it does.” Suzy smile sadly.

 

He sit on the stool and chuckled, “Everything was pretty heated yesterday. I’m start losing point what the argument was.”

 

Suzy sighed. “I know…” her shoulder slumped weakly. “I wish I can fixes it. What happen yesterday after I left?”

 

Myungsoo hummed. “Not sure, but it started with Hoya doesn’t approve risking your safety to gather your father belonging at your former house but Sungyeol said we need that diaries and then….it start to get a little personal.”

 

Suzy stare at him curiously. “Personal? What do you mean?”

 

“It just weird that...Wait, no. Of course it’s not weird. It was like a drama in every chick lit novel. The guys fall in love with the girl but….she was acting oblivious about it.”

 

Suzy frowned. “Are you saying I’m main girl and everyone falling in love with me?” Suzy snorted.

 

Myungsoo smirked. “See? She denied it too.”

 

“I’m not a character in a novel and I’m pretty sure Hoya doesn't have any romantic feelings to me.”

 

“I didn’t say Hoya.” He narrowed his eyes at her amusedly.

 

Suzy gaping at him. It was like she was caught in a trap. She rolled her eyes, “I was assuming we talking about him, since he was having fight with Sungyeol yesterday and you did mentioned about personal life.”

 

The male chuckled. “You’re smart, I like that.”

 

The brunette blushed. She eyeing the male in front of her. God damnit! They way he laughed is so y. Thank God for this y creations.

 

“What are you making for lunch?” He suddenly asked and makes the brunette snapped from her thoughts.

 

“Since Soojung going to visit today, I’m going to make some burgers!”

 

“Burgers?! Awesome! Sunggyu would love that. Everyone in this house loves burger so much.”

 

Suzy chuckled. “That’s my goal, to cheer up the mood in the house. It was my fault that everyone got into the fight.”

 

“It’s not, believe me. They got themselves into the messed but so afraid to…” he paused. “Well, that’s not my problems since… I think I was like that too actually.”

 

“Like what?”

 

The male shrugged. “Nothing, so I’ll leave you with the burger then,” he got up from the stool. “Good luck.”

 

The male leave her alone in the kitchen, Suzy then muster back her positiveness and start washing the dishes and prepare for the ingredients for lunch.

 

When she finished do the dishes, she come out to the garden to take some greens and she met Sungyeol there, under the sun with his gardener hat. He was tending the garden.

 

Suzy walked closer to him. “Hey, want some ice tea?”

 

Sungyeol looking up at her and nodded his head in appreciated. Suzy smiled and quickly go back inside and pour the cold ice tea from the fridge that she prepare earlier for lunch. She take the glass and bring it outside to the male.

 

“Thanks.” He said, gulping the drink and then gave the glass back to the brunette.

 

Suzy take the glass and look at him nervously. Her grip tightened around the glass. “Are you alright?”

 

The male look at her with unreadable expression. “I guess.” He shrugged.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

 

He shook his head.

 

Suzy bit her lip. “Soojung will come this afternoon.” She tried again.

 

“Good, then we can inspect the contract again.” He drawled and continue doing his work. Suzy gave up and quickly gathered the greens she need and headed back inside in dissatisfied.

 

“Why they acting like this?” She shook her head. “Men definitely a confusing species.” She sighed and continue doing her works.

 

 

 

 

The brunette was waiting expectantly in front the door, Soojung called and she was almost there. She just can’t wait to see her, and she need to get out from the awkwardness inside the House.

 

Hoya and Sungyeol barely make an eyes contact, Sunggyu didn’t talk much either, everyone seems in their own world. But, Suzy was glad that everyone taking a day off to look at the contract.

 

“Is she here yet?” Sunggyu suddenly appeared right beside her and make the brunette jump.

 

“No, not yet.” Suzy said.

 

“Are you...fine with the chores?” He look at her awkwardly.

 

“Of course,” Suzy smiled. “I’m work here.”

 

The male nodded nervously. “Yeah, but that before I know your real identity, now I know about it I feel guilty letting you doing the houseworks.”

 

“Sheesh, what Identity? I’m no longer Suzy bae who was living depend on her father’s money anymore.” She folded her arms across her chest. “I’m not that person anymore.” She said sadly.

 

“Suzy,” Sunggyu look at her sadly and wrapped his arm around her shoulder naturally and bring her closer. “It’s fine.”

 

“I know.” She tried her best not to cry. Her eyes suddenly lit up when saw a car coming from the gate. “Soojung here!” She disentangle herself from the male and waves at the car as she see Nicky also waving at her from inside the car.

 

Soojung didn’t drive her own car, but she drive someone else, Suzy know that was Kai’s.

 

When the car stop, Suzy ran to her bestfriends and hugged her tightly. “Oh my God! I miss you so much!” Then letting Soojung go to hug the blonde beside her. “Unnie! I’m so happy to see you.”

 

“Me too Miss Suzy, I miss you a lot.” The blonde cried. Suzy was squealing happily though she was sobbing.

 

“Stop that, I’m no longer your employer. I’m just a Suzy now, you don’t need to call me Miss anymore.”

 

Nicky shook her head in disapproval. “You’re always Miss Suzy in my eyes.” She said, hugging her again, tightly.

 

Once Suzy them into the house, Sunggyu greet Soojung cheerfully, he was happy to see her again. Though, the eerie feelings still lingers with the boys.

 

To Suzy surprised, everyone was there. Waiting in the living room. She didn’t expect everyone would come to discuss about the problem.

 

“Soojung, you should have tell me earlier about this. I’m making her our maid?” Sunggyu said in disbelief as he sat next to her.

 

Soojung sighed. “Well, we don’t have choices. Suzy was in terrible state when she witnessing her father's death. She didn’t eat and talks for weeks. I just don’t want any of you hurt her.” She bit her lip and Suzy squeezed her hand. Hearing someone else talking about her was quite odd.

 

“Beside, I just planing to hiding her for awhile until we come back to more reasonable solutions.”

 

“How many month that your lawyer searching about this?” Sungyeol suddenly asked.

 

Soojung shrugged. “Three months? I think since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter