New Path

Only A Pretense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note : Yes, I said that I'll released the first chapter until I finish HAPPINESS but I can no longer wait when the poster is finished and beautifully made. So here the first chapter. Comment your thoughts on the comment section and Thank you for subscibing my new story. Thank you for be a loyal reader to my story. I'm so happy.

Chapter 1

 

“You will be fine.” The smiled that plastered on her best friend face slowly calm her a little bit. The emotion that she has been through this week was the worst she felt ever. She gave her best friend a weak nod and then rests her head on her shoulder.

“I don’t know what I would do without you Soojung,” her eyes welled up with tear. Soojung’s hand was lightly patted on her shoulder.

“You going to be okay, we will come out for something. I will always be here for you.” Pulled away a bit from her, Soojung put both of her hands on the girl shoulder. “Suzy, you got to be strong to fight this.” Her eyes shown determined. She knows that her friend need support and comfort from her and she promised that she will always be there for her.

Biting her lip, the brunette looked at her best friend. “I know, but I don’t know how I should fight this battle, I don’t know what I can do to go against him.” She felt weak and useless.

 “I sent the agreement paper to my personal lawyer the other day; he said he will try his best to find the flaw in the agreement.”

Suzy sighing, “Soojung, what can I do if he forced me to marry him tomorrow?”

Soojung looked baffled. “Nothing” The thought that her best friend might married to filthy old man makes her want to vomit.

The brunette brow furrowed. Wipe away her tear, she look at her parent’s picture on the wall. “How could father do this to me? How can he agree to make me marry such man? Why did he leave me like this?” Suzy choked, Soojung also looked pain as her best friend cried and then she patted her back to calm her again. “If mother know what father did she will be devastated. I hope she scold him in heaven now for messing with my life.” She said half joking but still didn’t make the pain in her heart go away.

Soojung gave her bitter smiled. “Your father is not that kind of man, I believe that that nasty man trapped him with his condition. You know that man using your father Su.” She brushed Suzy’s hair from her face and lightly lifts her chin to look at her. “But, there is one thing you can do Su.”

The girl frowned at her best friend words. “What is it?”

“Run away.” Soojung emphases,

Suzy gaped at her. “Run away? B-but he can find me Soojung. He will search for me and he can trace my passport.”

The girl shook her head. “No, he can’t track you if you not being you.”

Suzy stare at her skeptically. “What do you mean by that?”

Soojung her lips nervously. “I had these crazy ideas since yesterday. You see, there’s a friend of mine who looking for a maid last week.”

“You want me be a maid!” Suzy shriek, bewildered by she was suggested. That was the craziest thing she heard this month, aside which she has to married an old man.

Soojung tried to calm her friend by rubbing her back. “Just listen to me first. It’s not a bad idea Suzy; you just need to hide for a while. Beside, he wont be checking up on a domestic worker, he knows that you are a democrat daughter who grown up with wealth and comfortable surrounding.” She shrugged. “We will stage like you leaving the country but the truth is you’re hiding yourself as a maid.”

Suzy snorted. “I never do my own laundry, I never washed my own dishes after eat. I never do my own bed Soojung!” She exclaimed. “How can I be a maid?”

Soojung rolled her eyes at her. “But you can learn that, you can thank your mother for sending you to cooking and knitting class. You’re polite and well mannered, your mother taught you well.” She said with reassure smiled.

The brunette gazed at her best friend reluctantly. “B-but I don’t know if I can do that. I never clean my own room Soojung. I’m a spoiled brat, I don’t know if my cooking can make me survive as domestic worker.”

“Oh come on, don’t get too dramatic Suzy.” Soojung sighed. “Don’t you worry because I have plan. I’ll let my butler train you for a week how to do laundry, cleaning, making bed and how to be a domestic worker.”

Suzy gasped. “A-a week?! Are you crazy?” she said half yelling.

The girl shook her head. “I’m not, we didn’t have much time Su, and he might want to marry you in this month. Don’t you see the way he was staring at you?”

The brunette shuddered. “Don’t remind me.”

Clasped her hand together Soojung Smirked. “Great, now we follow my ideas.”

Suzy rubbed her face with both of her hand in frustration. “Ugh, fine. But why I need to train with your butler?”

“It’s better if not too many people know about our plan, Including your butler and maid. No one should know and you are safer that way.”

 

 

×××

 

“Miss Suzy, that isn’t correct.” The tall older butler said with shook of head.

Suzy brow furrowed, she sighed exasperatingly. Pulled the sheet again, she rolled her eyes. She lost count how many times that she redo made the bed. “Can you show me again Mr.Lim?”

Soojung snickered at her best friend. She sat elegantly on the couch, a book perch in her hand.

Suzy shot her a quick glared before stick her tongue out at the girl who giggling happily.

She turned her focus on the butler again when he spoke. “You should do it like this Miss,” the butler takes the sheet from her hand and gracefully showed her how to make it correctly.

Suzy eyeing the old butler carefully, she tried to remember how to do it the correct way. She wants to show to Soojung that she’s a fast learner. Nodding her head, the brunette taking off the sheet again and this time she was mimicking the old butler.

Clapping his hand the butler nodded his head. “That’s good Miss Suzy, well done.” He praised.

Suzy grinned widely to Soojung. Suzy snickered when the girl rolled her eyes at her.

“Now, you need to learn how to use the iron Miss Suzy.”

Suzy gasped. She needs to iron the clothes. Her eyes widen at her best friend. “Soojung ah, I need to Iron the laundry?”

The girl shut the book closed and gently put it back into the shelf. “Don’t worry Suzy, it’s not that hard.” She smiles smugly.

Suzy eyes narrowed, her gut tell her that it’s going to makes her regret. What Soojung knows about iron anyway? She has a butler and maid since before she was even born and that goes the same way with her.

The butler seems can read her thought. “Don’t worry Miss Suzy, you will be fine. It isn’t that hard. I promise you.” He gave her reassure smiled.

Bit her lip, the brunette nodded her head weakly. She has to through this, she like it or not. This is better than get married to that slimy, ert old man.  

“Before we start, I want some coffee and an apple please.” She slowly walked to her friend and then plunked herself on the sofa next to her. “Doing house work really tired me.”

Soojung patted her back lightly. “You c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter