Sorry, You're Mistaken

Sorry, Wrong Person

I'm so sorry for the late update!


Previously... 

Before Baekhyun could even utter another word, two warm hands cupped his face and pulled him in, smashing lips to his.

Baekhyun's eyes widened, his hands hanging in the air awkwardly as what was happening slowly seeped in.

What the .

My twin brother's ex-boyfriend is kissing me.

~

Baekhyun hurriedly pushed Chanyeol away from him, his hand going up to cover his lips in shock. "Y-You idiot!" Baekhyun exclaimed and Chanyeol took a step towards him but former backed up, putting his hands out in front of him. "Stay away."

"What did I do?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Baekhyun with hurt.

His expression looked so broken that Baekhyun wanted to somehow comfort him, but he also didn't want to. After all, the idiot had stolen his first kiss.

"You never called and never texted. You just disappeared out of nowhere after telling me you had to leave for two years. Do you know how long I was waiting for you?" Chanyeol wiped at the tears that fell out of his eyes continuously and stared at Baekhyun accusingly. "And now you're telling me you're not him? Would you really go to that level just to keep me away?"

"I— I think you're misunderstanding..." Baekhyun trailed off, not knowing what to say. After all, Baekgyu probably still didn't want Chanyeol knowing that he existed...

Time ticked by with his thinking and Baekhyun let out a frustrated sigh while checking his watch. "Look, maybe we can continue this some other time but I have classes to get to!"

"How do I know you're not going to just run away again?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun wracked his brain for a response.

He groaned and fished his dorm keys out of his pocket, handing it to Chanyeol. "Here, keep it so that I'll have to go find you," Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol nodded.

"Meet me in the cafeteria at 4," Chanyeol scheduled and Baekhyun agreed, pulling his backpack up before finally entering the building.

He looked around the place and marveled at its size, wondering if the whole University was like that.

Although the place was nice, he didn't seem to be in the right place. He turned back to the front and asked someone for directions.

"Oh, the Health Sciences building is all the way over there, on the other side of campus," the guy answered and Baekhyun whined, mentally slapping himself for being so stupid.

Baekhyun ran out of the current building he was in and when he was back in the front, he remembered the events that had happened there.

His face flushed when he remembered the feel of Chanyeol's lips against his and he shook the thought away, reminding himself that he wasn't supposed to be thinking in those ways.

He absolutely had to call his brother.

~

After entering late for his first class, and sitting through the boring lecture, he exited the room to the corridor where he pulled out his phone, calling up Baekgyu.

"Hello?" The other asked and Baekhyun pondered on what to say.

"Well... Hi Baekgyu..."

"Hi Baekhyun, what's up?" He questioned, sounding suspicious of Baekhyun's weird tone.

"Um, I kind of met Chanyeol..." The younger trailed off, eliciting a gasp from his twin.

"Wait, what?!" He exclaimed and Baekhyun took in a deep breath.

"I—I don't really even know... He just came up to me and confessed. He thought I was you! And then he began crying and wondering why you—actually I —was pushing him away. And then he—" Baekhyun stopped.

Did he really want Baekgyu to know that he kissed the person he probably still had feelings for?

Probably not.

"And now I have to meet him in the cafeteria..." Baekhyun stated and heard Baekgyu's sharp intake of breath over the receiver.

"Oh, Chanyeol..." Baekgyu trailed off and Baekhyun would have rolled his eyes at his brother's tone if not for the urgency of the situation.

"I have no idea what to do, Gyu!" Baekhyun pushed and his brother finally sighed.

"Baekhyun..." He said slowly and Baekhyun suddenly felt like a dumb idea was going to escape the other's mouth. "I have an idea."

"Yes?" He questioned.

"I'll make it up to you— I'll do anything if you..."

He could practically hear Baekgyu pondering the idea from the other side and Baekhyun couldn't help but gulp in anxiousness.

"If you pretend to be me," he bargained and Baekhyun's jaw fell.

"W—What?!" The younger almost screamed, causing people to look at him questioningly.

"It's not that hard! We're twins anyways!"

"I can't do that," he hissed, quieting down after his little outburst. "He's your boyfriend, not mine. I don't have to care about what to do!"

"Baekhyun, if you didn't care about what to do, why would you have called me?" Baekgyu questioned and Baekhyun groaned.

"I just can't, you're too different. I'm sure Chanyeol will realize this even if it's the small things," Baekhyun claimed.

"It's one year Baekhyun. Please. For me, I... I can't let him go just yet."

"So you're using me to pull him back in?" Baekhyun asked, his anger rising.

It was always like this, after all. Baekhyun would always do things for Baekgyu, and in the end, the older always got what he wanted and Baekhyun was always empty handed.

"Please," his twin begged, the desperation in his voice. "One year. 365 days of pretending to be me. It's not like Chanyeol's ugly or something, right? I think you'll be fine!"

"Baekgyu, it's unreasonable..."

"Please."

Baekhyun had heard this tone of voice too many times for his liking, and he was pretty sick of it. There was only so much his brother could get him to do, and in the past that pleading voice asked for everything.

Baekhyun shook his head and made up his mind. "No thanks," He hung up and shoved his phone into his pocket, huffing.

Now that I don't have to care about Chanyeol, I can just go back to my new dorm and sleep

He suddenly remembered that he had given the guy his keys as a sort of reassurance and Baekhyun wanted to slap himself.

His phone rang and he checked, seeing that it was Baekgyu.

Not wanting to answer, he turned his phone onto 'Do Not Disturb'.

Sleep can wait. First, I need to get my keys back.

~

After roaming around the University and taking pictures with odd sculptures, he made his way into the cafeteria at 4PM on the dot.

He spotted Chanyeol sitting there twiddling his thumbs and Baekhyun took in a deep breath.

Just tell him the truth, and leave.

He walked up to the table and sat down, looking at Chanyeol who looked back at him worriedly.

"Chanyeol... I'm—"

"Wait. Can I talk first, please?" The taller requested and Baekhyun looked at him wearily before nodding slowly. "I don't know why you suddenly decided to break it off with me... I thought... I thought that we were supposed to be together for forever even if it was long distance. That's what you told me— but maybe I was the only one who thought it was a promise..."

Baekhyun inwardly sighed, not knowing what to do when Chanyeol's eyes were throwing emotions at him.

"After two years, I don't know if you even think of me anymore, but I thought about you every day you were gone," Chanyeol claimed.

Baekhyun wasn't even acquaintances with the guy, but for some reason his words were slowly changing Baekhyun's mind.

Gyu had someone who loved him this much?

"My feelings won't ever change for you, even if you push me away but... Please, at least give me another chance. I don't know what I did wrong, but I swear I'll fix it."

It physically hurt Baekhyun's heart to see Chanyeol in his current state: looking completely heartbroken and in need of someone to help him. Before Baekhyun really had a chance to think it over, the words were already spilling out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry," he finally spoke and Chanyeol looked as if he gained hope, but had also gotten crushed.

Baekhyun bit his lip, considering all of his choices.

He could push Chanyeol away forever, but this was Baekgyu's lover, not his. He'd be ruining their relationship for good, and once his twin came back he'd be devastated that Baekhyun had ever done that.

Baekhyun resisted the urge to groan at the mental strain the decision was causing.

If he decided to help his brother, he'd have to carry the package and pretend to like Chanyeol when clearly, he did not. If he didn't help him, he'd be less stressed in that one year, but he'd also break two people's hearts at the same time.

Only 365 daysThat's it, no more.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away— I was just scared that you wouldn't like me anymore after my two years in Tokyo, but I guess," Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol in the softest way he could manage. "I guess I didn't have anything to worry about."

The smile that grew on Chanyeol's face was priceless, and Baekhyun could see that the giant wanted to jump around. It was admittedly cute but Baekhyun shook the thought away, knowing that even if he was pretending to be Baekgyu, he wasn't.

"D—Does that mean that we're back to what we used to be?!" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded, laughing slightly.

Chanyeol stood up from his spot abruptly and quickly moved over to Baekhyun, pulling him up from the seat.

He swooped down and put a hand on the back of Baekhyun's neck, pulling him in and planting a firm kiss on his lips. "I'm so glad."

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he felt a blush spread on his face like fire in a dry forest. "I— You just—" Baekhyun stuttered and Chanyeol laughed, pulling away and ruffling Baekhyun's hair when the smaller put two hands on his cheeks to calm the heat, not making eye contact with the taller.

"Is it just me, or have you gotten cuter after coming back from Tokyo?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun immediately scolded himself for being so careless.

"Haha, must have been the air," Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol looked at him strangely before laughing.

He leaned down again and Baekhyun instinctively leaned back, wanting to slap himself when he felt the blush come back full force. "You're blushing so much... So cute," Chanyeol added and Baekhyun turned away.

"I—It's just really hot in here, idiot."

"Whatever, Baekkie."

And as Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand, sending uninvited tingles all over his body; Baekhyun knew.

This one year is going to be rough.


[A/N]

You guysss omg to be honest I forgot I even published this on AFF! When I came back I realized 44 people subscribed to it already, that makes me so happy~ I know 44 isn't a lot to other people but it is to me. Thank you so much! I will try my best not to disappoint :) 

P.S I'm really really sorry for the late update I legit forgot this even existed whooooooops (I myself dislike authors who update only around one every few millenniums so yeah *bows 90 degrees* sorry)