Sorry, But I'm Better at Bowling

Sorry, Wrong Person

Wahey, I'm back for more :) It's the chapter where Baekhyun and Chanyeol is going on a date :3 


"A date?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded.

"I feel bad that we haven't really been spending time together," he confessed and Baekhyun nodded slowly, taking in that info.

"Where do you think we should go?" Baekhyun questioned and Chanyeol pondered on that question before his face lit up.

"I know exactly where... How about we go home first and drop off our stuff, and then we can go there?" Chanyeol suggested and Baekhyun nodded, not quite sure.

"Where is: 'there'?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol grinned at him.

"You'll remember it when you see it."

Baekhyun knew he wouldn't remember it, but he went along with Chanyeol's plans anyways, getting home and placing his stuff away.

Once they were both changed and ready, Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and led him to a bus stop where they stood and waited. The colours of fall were beginning to show, and Baekhyun thought idly that Chanyeol's red hair made him blend into their surroundings.

A leaf found its way to his head, and sat innocently in the taller's bright hair. Baekhyun didn't bother to take it off, it kind of fit anyway.

Chanyeol gave him an inquiring look when he noticed he was being stared at and Baekhyun realized he should say something. 

"Why can't you tell me?" Baekhyun asked with a pout and Chanyeol smiled.

"Well, it's because it's a surprise—actually, not really because you were the one who made us go there a long time ago," Chanyeol recalled and Baekhyun nodded, hiding his panic behind confusion. What if where they were going was actually really important and he didn't have anything to say about it?

He wanted to know, because the hints Chanyeol was giving him didn't help and obviously, he wasn't actually Baekgyu.

The bus arrived and Baekhyun let Chanyeol hop on before him before he followed. They sat next to each other, Chanyeol pressing Baekhyun into the window to give space to his longer legs. In ten minutes, Chanyeol announced they were there and the destination was questionable. 

"Bowling?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded.

"For our first date we went here," Chanyeol explained and he laughed to himself. "You were really good at bowling," he recalled and Baekhyun eyed the place again.

It came back to him when one time, Baekgyu asked him what he should do for his first date with Chanyeol.

"Why don't you go bowling?" Baekhyun asked as he leaned back in his seat.

"Bowling? Are you crazy, Baekhyun?" Baekgyu asked as the younger shrugged. "As a first date, that seems a little... Insufficient?"

"Why?" Baekhyun questioned with a frown. "I mean, it would be totally amazing! I, for one, would love to go bowling with my partner. It's something fun and it won't get boring if you place bets on who could hit the most pins. Or, if you're really worried about your skills, you can bet on who can get it in the gutter the most. Plus, isn't your man someone you said likes to have fun?"

"Chanyeol," Baekgyu corrected Baekhyun's earlier words of 'your man', "Yes, he does like to have fun... But... Are you really sure about this?"

"Gyu, it's your date, not mine. Choose whatever you want. I just suggested something I thought would be fitting," Baekhyun said leisurely, waving his hand to show how casual he was.

"Let's go," Chanyeol called and pulled Baekhyun through the entrance.

The moment the doors to the place opened, a cool chill hit Baekhyun and he shivered a little.

Why did they have to turn the air conditioning on so high? He asked himself as they went to the counter to pay and get fitting shoes.

"Can we get two pairs of shoes, please?" Chanyeol requested and when the person asked what size, Chanyeol answered: "Two size 10 please."

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip, because he was actually a size 8 and not 10. Baekgyu just had to have a different shoe size.

He didn't know what he should've done, and so he opted to keep quiet and waited for the lady to give them their shoes.

Once they got them, they sat down and put them on in silence. When Baekhyun put on one, he felt worry rise in him because why are Baekgyu's feet so big anyways? They were almost the same size as his boyfriend's—whom Baekhyun had to crane his neck in order for him to look into his eyes.

"Last time, you beat me good... I was so surprised when you always got strikes and spares every time," Chanyeol spoke up and Baekhyun smirked.

"Well get ready to be destroyed again," Baekhyun blurted out without really thinking.

"Oh, really? We'll have to see about that. I got a lot better, you know."

"Sure you did," Baekhyun said anxiously and let out a nervous laugh after that.

.

I forgot the one fact that I at bowling. Baekhyun thought as he looked at the bowling balls lined up and ready to play. To top it off, he had shoes that basically hung off his feet. He felt nervousness swell in his throat and he had to gulp it down before he returned to tying the monsters on his feet.

Baekhyun made sure to tighten them in every way possible before looping the strings around his ankles and knotting them twice. 

He stood up and tested them wearily, and he was actually not surprised to see that he could still slip them off like slippers. The strings were the only thing keeping them from falling off completely. 

Baekhyun sighed and Chanyeol looked at him. "Do the shoes fit okay?" Chanyeol asked as he saw how the strings were tied, and Baekhyun nodded quickly.

"Yeah! Just like before... But I uh... Heard that if you tied them tighter you'd play better," he coughed and turned to the pins on the other side. "Let's get started, hm?" He suggested and Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

Chanyeol went first and he grabbed a bowling ball, standing a few meters away from the foul line and staring at the pins in concentration.

They were playing ten-pin bowling, in which there were ten frames to knock down pins, frame one through nine composed of up to two rolls per person (or three if you managed to get a strike or spare). Each strike or spare was 10 points, and an open was depending on how many you hit down.

Baekhyun gazed at Chanyeol in half curiosity and half awe as the giant took several steps before—somehow—gracefully throwing the ball down the lane.

Baekhyun watched as the ball curved slightly and hit eight pins, leaving one pin on the left and right side.

"Woah," Baekhyun mumbled and somehow Chanyeol caught it.

The taller turned to Baekhyun and smirked, sending Baekhyun a cheeky wink.

Baekhyun blushed but rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as a competitive side in him slowly arose.

Let's see if you can hit those two pins down. He thought snidely as Chanyeol prepared himself again.

Once the ball left his hands and flew down the lane, Baekhyun's jaw dropped as he saw it brush one pin and do a massive curve, hitting the other down. The remaining pin teetered unsteadily and when it fell, Baekhyun swore his eyes were the widest they've been in his life.

"Spare," Chanyeol called and Baekhyun barely even heard him through his bewilderment.

"What?!" He exclaimed unbelievingly and Chanyeol just laughed at his expression, walking up to Baekhyun and patting him on the back.

"Why are you so surprised? You were the one who taught me that move," Chanyeol pointed out and Baekhyun closed his open mouth, recomposing himself before laughing.

"I was just surprised that you mastered it so quickly," Baekhyun answered as calmly as he could.

"Oh really? Let's see how much you've improved then."

Kill me, he thought as he nervously walked to where the bowling balls were situated.

He picked one up and held onto it carefully, knowing that if he forgot about it for one second it would slip out of his hands and land painfully on his foot—he had already experienced it once when he went bowling with Baekgyu for the first time ever... Let's just say that he never went bowling ever again until this moment.

Oh god, please be on my side for once, he prayed in his head as he tried his hardest to copy Chanyeol's earlier moves and stay calm. Two steps and—accompanied by the heavy ball in his hands, Baekhyun's shoes messed with him and decided it was a good time for him to trip on air, sending him flying to the ground face first.

But of course, his hands were always one step ahead and they already threw the ball as accurately as possible, rolling down the court in what was hopefully a good throw. (Baekhyun didn't really know with his face on the ground and his limbs spread out.)

His face burned as he heard Chanyeol's loud laughter, accompanied by other player's and the people behind the counter. After all, who could miss a boy throwing a bowling ball mid-fall?

No one, apparently.

Baekhyun's nose hurt, but his embarrassment distracted him from the temporary pain as he slowly sat up and checked the pins.

His eyes widened and he jumped up in victory, his hands up in the air. "Strike!" Baekhyun exclaimed at the same time as it showed on the screen, causing his audience to cheer while still half laughing.

Baekhyun bowed dramatically with a red face but wide smile, happiness filling him that he actually managed to hit more than one pin.

Once he was standing straight again, he felt a large amount of tissues press against his nose and he turned to look at Chanyeol.

"Did you even realize that you had a bloody nose?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head—which only made Chanyeol have to stop his moving by holding his chin with his other hand.

Baekhyun tried to take the tissues out of Chanyeol's hand but Chanyeol sent him a warning look and pushed his hands away, insisting on somehow doing it himself.

Wow, what a sight. Baekhyun thought as Chanyeol cleaned his face. A university student shouting strike from the top of his lungs, with a bloody nose and hands up in the air...

Seeing Baekhyun's embarrassed face, Chanyeol chuckled. "I'd call that your greatest throw yet," Chanyeol mentioned as he slightly tilted Baekhyun's head up, momentarily discarding the dirty tissues on the ground and getting more from his pockets.

"Where did you even—and the blood—"

Chanyeol shushed Baekhyun and continued doing the task at hand diligently, his eyebrows knitted in concentration.

In the glow of the lights above, Baekhyun found Chanyeol a little cute, with the way he was so determined on doing something he wasn't even entitled to do.

Luckily, Baekhyun's nose wasn't bleeding that bad and it stopped around a minute or so later. Chanyeol bent down to get the tissues on the ground and Baekhyun quickly intervened, grabbing them himself.

He also took the papers in Chanyeol's hands, and he gave him a smile. "Let me go throw these away and then we'll continue our game, okay?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded, returning the smile.

Baekhyun went into the washroom and he threw them away, quickly checking his appearance in the mirrors.

Just as he was heading back out, he stopped in his tracks.

He realized what he had just done and he crouched down, his head in his hands as he groaned in distress.

That was the luckiest throw of my life. I can't ever do that again! And my shoes?!

He really didn't want to exit the washroom (his little escape from torture) and have to face Chanyeol who was thousands of times better than him at bowling, and maybe on the same level as Baekgyu—who I'm pretending to be!

What do I do?

Do I run?

His plans were ruined when he heard Chanyeol call his name and push the door open.

Baekhyun didn't move a muscle, hoping to somehow disappear into the ground and never see Chanyeol ever again.

"Baekgyu..?" Chanyeol asked as he looked at Baekhyun's crouching form.

It seemed as if luck was on his side again, because Baekhyun pointed at an ant on the ground. "Look at what I found," Baekhyun blurted out with what was a surprisingly calm voice.

Chanyeol walked in and let the door behind him close, also bending down. "An ant?" He questioned and Baekhyun nodded.

"His name is Chanbaek," Baekhyun grinned and Chanyeol frowned.

"Why name him that if he might die at any moment?" Chanyeol asked as he stared at the insect worriedly.

"He won't die if we help him out," Baekhyun mentioned and suddenly, Chanyeol was letting the ant crawl onto his finger. Baekhyun quickly stood up and backed away. "Chanyeol! What are you doing?!"

"You said that we need to help him out," Chanyeol pointed out as he stood up also, taking a step closer to Baekhyun. "It's also really cute," Chanyeol (falsely) stated.

"That is not cute," Baekhyun said in a warning tone, backing up a step.

"It's just an ant, it won't hurt you," Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "You've always been scared of bugs," he mumbled and Baekhyun was relieved that Baekgyu also had the same fears—but he was still afraid of the idiot approaching him with a bug in his hand.

"They're gross, put it down!" Baekhyun waved his hand frantically and Chanyeol just looked at Baekhyun with a glint in his eyes.

"Maybe this will change your mind," Chanyeol began as he took two more steps and filled the gap in between his hand and Baekhyun's body.

Baekhyun almost let out a screech and he slapped Chanyeol's hand away, sending the ant to the ground.

They both watched the thing skitter away into some small hole in the wall, disappearing from their sights and leaving them alone.

Baekhyun looked back up at Chanyeol who was pouting and holding his hand that Baekhyun had slapped (Baekhyun didn't even hit it that hard though).

"How could you just hurt Chanbaek like that?" Chanyeol asked and now Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "He got sad and ran away," Chanyeol pointed at the little hole.

"Let's just go back to bowling," Baekhyun suggested and grabbed Chanyeol's 'injured' hand gently, running his thumb over his skin in a way that Baekhyun hoped told Chanyeol that he was sorry.

He pulled Chanyeol out of the washroom and back into the hellhole that Baekhyun had to face in about a minute.

The game began again and soon enough, Baekhyun didn't mind that he was completely failing, instead only focusing on earning a few more points.

"You passed the line!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he pointed at Chanyeol angrily.

"No I didn't!" Chanyeol denied as he motioned to his foot that was slightly behind the line.

"Bull, you just moved your foot!" Baekhyun accused and they began a full argument on if Chanyeol deserved those ten points or not.

Chanyeol had won the fight with a smug smirk on his face and Baekhyun was sulking, mumbling under his breath that he'd throw a bowling ball at Chanyeol instead of the pins.

Baekhyun's turn went smoothly—or not so smoothly, because the smaller knew that he had stepped over the line, and he was praying that Chanyeol didn't notice.

"Baekgyu," Chanyeol called, somehow closer than before.

"I swear I didn't—" Suddenly, Chanyeol wrapped a hand around Baekhyun's wrist and pulled him towards him, crashing their lips together.

Baekhyun was as flustered as any other time that they kissed, and he was tempted to push Chanyeol away and call him a giant idiot-head—but instead, he just allowed Chanyeol to kiss him, closing his eyes and melting away into a puddle of incoherent thoughts. The kiss escalated higher than Baekhyun expected, with Chanyeol's arm wrapping around Baekhyun's waist.

They pulled away breathlessly and Baekhyun knew he was flushed, trying to ignore Chanyeol's eye contact.

"Baekgyu," Chanyeol said once again and Baekhyun finally looked back at him. "I love you."

Baekhyun pretended it wasn't there—pretended that the flash of hurt inside of him was just because he hit his nose earlier, and not because Chanyeol's words sent some sort of ache to his brain.

He noticed the shift in the atmosphere, and he somehow knew that this wasn't only about Chanyeol loving Baekgyu. 

"W—Why are you..."

Chanyeol smiled gently at Baekhyun. "This date just reminded me of how much I love you, and... I just... I trust you," Chanyeol finished and Baekhyun knew what Chanyeol was talking about.

He already knew that Chanyeol had noticed the differences about him and Baekgyu, and that he was suspicious of why 'Baekgyu' just wasn't the same. It made him feel relieved that Chanyeol trusted him, but at the same time, worried that one day, everything would be revealed and thrown out in the open.

Baekhyun knew that this was the moment he was supposed to say those three words back to Chanyeol; to reassure him that everything was fine and that nothing was different...

But for some reason, he just couldn't.

"Me too, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said a little too shakily for his likings. "I trust you too."

He knew those were the wrong words as Chanyeol's expression fell for a few milliseconds, before he was back to staring at Baekhyun like he was the only thing that mattered.

And after they separated to let Chanyeol play his last frame, Baekhyun looked at the pins miserably.

Chanyeol threw the ball perfectly down the lane, and as it hit all ten pins and the screen made a weird celebration noise, Baekhyun thought:

You shouldn't trust me...

Because I don't even trust myself.


Awwww, poor Baekhyun ;-;

But there's something else, and that something else is CHANBAEK IN HAWAII!!!! I'VE BEEN FANGIRLING SINCE YESTERDAY BECAUSE THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER AND SO PERFECTTTT (I'm sorry you had to see this side of me, it's terrible, really) and I can't forget the fact that

INFINITE IS COMING BACK! FINALLY, AFTER A YEAR AND AROUND 2 MONTHS, THEY'RE COMING BACK! Are any of you Inspirits? Because that would be amazing to talk to one right now hahaha.

I'll see you guys the next time I update, or in the comment section... Bai~