Sorry, No Promises

Sorry, Wrong Person

Hi~ since I failed you guys last time, I decided to update early! I hope you enjoy this chapter xoxo


Chanyeol rocked their hands back and forth in between them, walking with upbeat steps.

"Do you want your keys back?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

"That would be nice, I have classes at five so I should at least organize my room a little, right?"

Chanyeol nodded his head while he puffed his cheeks out absentmindedly. His steps paused as a thought came to him, but Baekhyun walked on, his eyes focused on the path ahead of him.

"Oh," Chanyeol spoke up from where he stood. "I forgot to mention earlier but... Surprise!" Chanyeol walked in front of Baekhyun and effectively stopped him, forcing him to look at Chanyeol. The giant waited until their eyes were locked and Baekhyun was strangely aware of the way his eyes were shining."I'm your roommate!" Baekhyun's small amazement was cut short, eyes widening and multiple profanities threatening to make its way into the world from his mouth— which, by the way, he managed to stop.

I have to spend the entire year with him as my roommate?!

You've got to be kidding me.

Chanyeol's face fell and he looked at Baekhyun worriedly. "You're not happy?"

Baekhyun had to bring himself back to his current situation.

"W—What are you talking about?! That's great!" Baekhyun exclaimed and laughed nervously after.

Yeah, he didn't join drama back in high school for no reason.

"Wow, what a coincidence! I mean, how did we get placed together?" Baekhyun asked, casting his eyes onto the ground.

Chanyeol grinned at him, seemingly happy with his reaction as the taller began to walk again. "I'm really happy we're all good, because if we weren't it would be awkward..." Baekhyun nodded in agreement, an idle thought floating around in his mind. "And plus, I don't think I could stand being away from you for one more day."

The words caused a tingly feeling inside of Baekhyun's stomach to arise, and he kept telling himself that it was the anger boiling inside of him. After all, he was still angry that he was shoved into this type of situation.

He's only talking about Baekgyu.

Those thoughts made Baekhyun think about what would happen from that moment onwards.

What happens if Chanyeol figures out? What would Baekgyu do? What would do?

...It's too late to back down, nowJust keep going, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was ripped out of his thoughts once he noticed that they were in front of their dorm room.

Chanyeol took his hand out of Baekhyun's hold to unlock the door, pushing it open afterward. It swung easily on its hinges, creaking for the moment it was flying through the air.

Right when Baekhyun walked inside, he was greeted by a light brown couch in the middle, facing the TV hanging on the wall. On the ground there were wood boards that, luckily, didn't make any noise when Baekhyun walked on them to get to the carpet, feeling the soft material under his sock-clad feet. He entered the bedroom and was greeted by two medium sized beds against the opposite wall, facing the door. The room was pretty big; it had a washroom on the left side and two closets filled with hangers on the right.

There was a desk in the corners between each bed and wall, and in the middle of the beds there was a nightstand equipped with a lamp.

As Baekhyun made one more round of the place, he felt amazement fill him.

He's gotta hand it to his parents for being able to afford his stay here. It wasn't amazing, but for a University dorm, it was pretty extravagant.

Baekhyun dropped down onto the blue sheeted bed on his right, letting his legs hang off the side. He turned and looked at his luggage sitting in the other corner of the room (placed there by the people at the front). He sighed and closed his eyes, his thoughts still slightly roaming on Baekgyu and Chanyeol.

Even to that day, it puzzled Baekhyun why Baekgyu never told Chanyeol he had a twin... It was like he was ashamed of being a twin or something. Baekgyu had never talked about it, so Baekhyun had no idea if that was actually the case.

He felt shuffling around him and opened his eyes, surprised to see Chanyeol hovering over him with two hands on either side of his head.

The taller began leaning in but Baekhyun quickly stopped him with a hand on his chest, slightly pushing him back.

"I want to unpack my stuff now, before I have to get to classes," Baekhyun made up an excuse and sighed in relief when Chanyeol pouted but backed away.

He didn't know how many times Baekgyu would let him get away with kissing Chanyeol, but he wasn't keen on being smooched every hour.

Baekhyun went up to his luggage in the corner, eyeing the multiple suitcases of different sizes that he knew was filled with different things. He grabbed his biggest suitcase filled with clothes, and hauled it over to his bed, placing it on top and ping it.

The moment he uncovered the things inside, Chanyeol began inspecting them as if it were the cure to all cancers.

"You like INFINITE too? Wow, this shirt is nice. Isn't this a size too small? Have you lost weight? I thought you didn't like using belts. These are... Interes—"

"They're from my parents," Baekhyun cut in and gave Chanyeol a timid smile, prying his boxers out of the guy's hands.

He neatly folded his clothes and put them back inside (including the boxers filled with images of puppies that was questioned by Chanyeol earlier).

I think I'm going to put these away later...

Baekhyun went over and took his smaller suitcase, doing the same and ping it on the bed. Chanyeol, again, went through his stuff but Baekhyun didn't mind it as much that time.

He picked up eyeliner and looked at it closer. "Oh, so this is why your eyes looked different than usual," Chanyeol mentioned and Baekhyun nodded, taking it back and bringing a couple of things to the washroom.

He set up his deodorant, shampoo, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste and basically everything he needed to look like what he looked like every day.

Once he was done with that, he put some of his miscellaneous things away in the bedside table drawer before setting up his notebooks and pens on his desk.

"You're really neat as usual," Chanyeol pointed out and Baekhyun sent him a smile.

One thing Baekgyu and Baekhyun had in common, was that they liked to live cleanly. But Baekgyu usually didn't need that many things so his side of the room back at home always looked cleaner.

Baekhyun liked to be neat, but he had plenty of stuff and memories that he just couldn't let go of.

The smaller smiled fondly at a picture of Yixing and him on the swings when they were in eighth grade and he placed it on his desk.

"Who's he?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun felt Chanyeol wrap a casual arm over his shoulder, examining the picture closely.

"Someone from my past... We can barely keep in contact because of some reasons," Baekhyun explained and Chanyeol pursed his lips.

"Hopefully, he never passes the stage of friendship," Chanyeol added and Baekhyun punched him lightly on the chest.

"That's none of your business."

"Except, it is. I am your boyfriend, for one..."

"And two?" Baekhyun questioned and looked up at Chanyeol with curious eyes.

"And two, I think I love you too much to let go of you," Chanyeol finished with a peck on his nose and Baekhyun tried really, really hard not to let the words affect him.

Chanyeol began unpacking his things before he stopped, turning to Baekhyun. "Oh right, Baek, earlier I saw the shampoos that you were using... And I swear that you said you didn't like artificial fruit smelling shampoo."

Baekhyun turned back to what he was doing and answered with a nonchalant: "I changed my mind in Tokyo after trying this specific kind. I really like it." On the inside, though, Baekhyun was cursing his stupid twin brother for telling Chanyeol every little detail about himself. It would make things a lot harder for him in the future.

Once Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol began hanging up his clothes, he walked over and looked into the guy's suitcase.

He took out a shirt and held it in front of him in interest, marveling over the fact that if he ever put it on himself, it would reach his mid-thigh.

"Do you want it?" He heard Chanyeol ask from behind him, somehow ten times closer than before.

Baekhyun squeaked and brought it down, turning around and shoving it into Chanyeol's hands. "N—No, that's alright, you can keep it."

"Hm? That's weird, usually, you'd ask me for my shirts," Chanyeol mentioned.

"S—Sorry—"

"I'm just teasing you," Chanyeol chuckled good-heartedly and went to hang up the plain black T-Shirt. "Are you alright, Baekgyu? You seem to be reacting really differently."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine! Let me just go make this call, okay? I'll be back in a few minutes." Baekhyun left their dorm room and made it down the hallway, looking behind him to make sure Chanyeol didn't follow.

Just in case, Baekhyun pushed open gray doors and went into the stairwell, pulling out his phone. He quickly called up Baekgyu and waited for his answer.

"Baekhyun! Thank goodness, you answered me!" Baekgyu exclaimed from the other side and Baekhyun sighed. "So? Are you going to accept?"

"Well, it's a yes since I actually already began pretending and acting... I at it, by the way," Baekhyun mumbled and Baekgyu almost let out an excited squeal.

"Thank you Baekhyun! Thank you a hundred times! If you were here I'd hug you!"

"If I was there we wouldn't be having this problem," Baekhyun snapped but Baekgyu just laughed.

"So? How is it going? Is Chanyeol buying it?"

"Oh it's going fine, Chanyeol is totally believing it— the guy didn't just question 21 things that were different between us!" Baekhyun exclaimed and again, Baekgyu answered with a laugh that made the younger even more ticked off. "I'm serious! He's totally suspicious of me! You need to help me," Baekhyun begged and Baekgyu told him to calm down.

"Later on, I'll text you everything I like and hate, and I know you hate most of the things I like... But please bear with it? For me?" He requested and Baekhyun could see the puppy eyes his brother was throwing at him.

He usually wouldn't even be swayed by the look, but alas, he didn't exactly have a choice now. "Alright," Baekhyun sighed.

"Great! Thank you again, Baekhyun..."

"Yeah," Baekhyun said almost depressingly. "No problem."

There was a silence between them for a minute or so before Baekhyun spoke up again. "Hey... Um, since I'm pretending to be you and all... Can I— not like I want to, but am I allowed to kiss him, and stuff?" Baekhyun questioned, unsure of what Baekgyu would say.

"Well... I mean, it's only normal for boyfriends to kiss, right? So... I guess you could a couple of times, but hug him instead, okay? From what I remember he really liked hugs."

"Do you like hugs?" Baekhyun asked.

"Um, well, yeah, I guess you could say so. We didn't hug that much."

"What type of relationship did you guys have, anyways?" Baekhyun questioned and Baekgyu pondered on it for a moment.

"It was... Beautiful, if I could say it in one word. There weren't that many super affectionate things like kisses or hugs, but there were small—usually meaningless—touches that meant everything to me and I hope to him too. We talked a lot about our problems and whenever I was around him I just felt completely at ease."

Baekhyun smiled to himself and he thought for a second that he might forgive his brother for each time his older brother told him to cover for him as he snuck out to see Chanyeol. Baekgyu wasn't normally so sweet and the thought made Baekhyun soften a little. Baekhyun thought to himself that if he was ever on the receiving end of Baekgyu's loving side, maybe they would have been a lot closer.

He guessed that it was the right choice to help Baekgyu, after all, because how could he break something so great like the connection they had? Baekhyun had no right, and no power, to destroy something so beautifully natural.

"That's amazing, Baekgyu... But I never knew you were such a poet," he joked and his brother laughed. "I can only wish for something like that..." He trailed off and again, the silence filled the line.

"You'll get it one day, I'm sure..." Baekgyu said moments after. "And Baekhyun?"

"Yes?" He questioned.

"It might be a bit selfish—and I'm sure you would never—but whatever you do..." 

"Go on," Baekhyun urged when Baekgyu didn't say anything.

"Whatever you do, don't fall in love with Chanyeol."


To be honest, I already have chapter 3-10 ready to be published, but I don't want to just drop it all on you guys. I've actually published this story on another site so you might find it somewhere else ^^ But if you do want me to just publish all the chapters or whatever, just tell me :) For now, I'll probably just publish one every 2-4 days