Sorry.

Sorry, Wrong Person

So Baby Don't Cry~ 


Byun Baekhyun...

That was the name on the suitcase...

Chanyeol entered the class with his mind floating in worries, a strange feeling bubbling up inside of him.

He had the strange urge to flip a desk or jump off the roof—maybe even both, and he couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Scratch that, he knew exactly where it came from.

Baekhyun. That's where it came from.

The mysterious name that had been on his mind for 24 hours now seemed like it was almost mocking him for being so stupid: he felt like an unbelievable truth was looming just over him, laughing at how pitiful he was.

But honestly, Chanyeol wasn't that much of a nice guy.

The reason he always waited for Baekgyu to say something first wasn't because he believed in him wholeheartedly, no, it was because Chanyeol was just afraid it would hurt himself.

If he wanted to, he could figure out what was wrong in less than a week but that was the thing, he didn't want to, in fear of it hurting him and ruining the warm life he had. He didn't ask Baekgyu questions when he was cheating on him with Kris because he wanted things to stay simple. Everything that made him breathe—he just wanted it simple.

He was a terrible person and he knew that, but he always covered it up with layers and layers of sugar. His boyfriend was obviously suffering because of something, whether it be because of Baekhyun, or maybe even because of something illegal... But Chanyeol was always too afraid to find out more.

Ignorance is bliss, and Chanyeol was the epitome of that phrase.

He was almost sure that the thing Baekgyu was hiding wasn't even as terrible as what he had in his mind.

Though, it was weird because that time around, he couldn't get his lover's eyes out of his mind. Every time he closed his own, he'd see that same face that was begging him to figure out something so blindingly obvious that he was almost keen on not wanting to know.

Those eyes were slowly changing his mindset in a weird way that he doubted anyone could explain.

Recently, he had found himself thinking that it didn't matter if he was hurt—it only mattered if the puppy beside him was happy.

He was going crazy, for sure.

He was doubting things that he had done in the past—things like...

Did he ever even love Baekgyu until now?

Was it just infatuation?

It confused him, so much, because if he had loved Baekgyu before, what was this?

This strong feeling of over protection, care, fondness, warmth and attachment to all of the smaller's smiles—his bright smiles, his teasing smiles, his lazy smiles and his favourite, the smiles that made him look like he was in love—the adoration for everything that was different from the old Baekgyu...

What is this?

When Chanyeol's class was finished, he texted Baekhyun that he couldn't walk Baekhyun to his next class as he made his way over to an individual study room, entering the room and closing it behind him.

He settled down into one of the lime-green chairs and took out his phone, sliding through the pages on his home screen and clicking on contacts. His finger hovered over Yoora's name, wondering if she was busy or not, but a few seconds later he called her; waiting only for a few seconds until hearing her familiar almost monotone voice.

She was a news reporter, but in real life, she usually had as much emotion as a rock.

"What's up?" She asked, sounding uninterested as usual.

Chanyeol had called Yoora because he knew she knew something about Baekhyun and Baekgyu because she had asked him about it months ago. It seemed so weird how it felt like it was only last week where he and Baek were at his hometown, looking around and pointing out weird things.

"Um..." Chanyeol trailed off, not knowing where to start. "I just had a question."

She clucked her tongue and Chanyeol heard the faint sound of keyboard clicks, feeling a little guilty for bothering her—but how could he stop now? He was curious... Not only curious, but worried for the person who seemed to make his life brighter.

"Go ahead," she urged after a little while of silence.

Chanyeol took in a deep breath, wondering if he would regret finding out whatever Baekgyu was trying so hard to tell him and keep from him at the same time.

Because as they say, curiousity killed the cat... But Chanyeol didn't think that finding out the truth would be that hard on him...

It couldn't be anything he couldn't handle.

"Okay... So, Yoora... Who exactly is Baekhyun? "

~

Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip worriedly as he stepped out of class, pulling out his phone for what seemed like the umpteenth time that day.

0 new messages and 0 missed calls.

Baekhyun let out a sigh as he texted Chanyeol yet another time, wondering if he was bothering the taller with all of his texts.

It was his last class of the day and it was already beginning to turn dark, putting an even more foul taste into Baekhyun's mouth.

He was worried that he had said something wrong to Chanyeol all those hours ago when he had last seen him, but he reckoned that he couldn't have.

All that they did was walk to class peacefully and then bid each other goodbye...

Yeah, I did nothing wrong, Baekhyun reassured himself, but 2 hours later when Baekhyun checked the time and read 9PM, he began blaming himself again.

He sat in the empty dorm room with a cup of Starbucks coffee warming his hands, his legs crossed as he made himself a little more comfortable on the couch.

Currently, he was sitting and waiting for Chanyeol to come back. It was silly, but he was worried out of his mind.

It was unusual for Chanyeol not to call or text him for even 2 hours, but it had been more than 9 and again, Baekhyun wondered what he did wrong.

Have I been too forward?

Or...

The most probable reason flashed in Baekhyun's mind but he shook his head.

No, he didn't figure out.

He argued with himself about how Chanyeol definitely figured out and about how he definitely didn't. Currently, none of the sides were winning and Baekhyun was just drinking his coffee too quickly and burning his tongue multiple times over—if that was even possible.

He set his cup aside and brought his legs up to his chest, throwing a blanket over himself and placing his chin on his knees.

Half a year ago, Baekhyun would have been completely content that Chanyeol wasn't home by now, it would've meant that he had more free time to himself... But now, it was weird being alone in the dorm that they shared.

He didn't think he'd miss Chanyeol after less than a day... He just felt empty without Chanyeol's presence.

It was funny how Baekhyun used to be all weirded out about Chanyeol wanting to cuddle with him as they slept, but now Baekhyun completely understood. He, for some reason, felt really alone at the moment.

For some reason?

Baekhyun sighed. He knew exactly why.

Chanyeol. That was the reason.

His feelings had grown so much over 6 months but it had felt like he was already in love with Chanyeol for a year. Maybe it was because of the additional fact that he had met Chanyeol even before last year, in high school.

Baekhyun's mind drifted back to all of those times where he'd watch Chanyeol play against Baekgyu on the basketball court and always secretly wished he joined the basketball team for the sole purpose of playing with Chanyeol.

That was a long time ago, he reminded himself, and suddenly he was thinking about the other memories that he made with Chanyeol across the span of 6 months.

He found himself smiling when he remembered their little 'feet swimming' date and about how much fun he had that day.

He closed his eyes as he imagined things that they could do in the near future—and... Only 'near future' because that's all the time he had left. He had to keep reminding himself to distance himself, but it was really hard when all Baekhyun wanted to do was get closer, and closer, and closer, and just... Closer.

He felt himself breaking even then when he thought about having to stop seeing Chanyeol's smiles and feeling his fingers encase his own.

If only 9 hours was this lonely, how would it feel to live a lifetime without Chanyeol?

His heart clenched and he hugged himself tighter, squeezing his eyes shut. He tried thinking about happy things, and not about what was definitely to come.

Maybe we could adopt a puppy... Or not, because the dorm didn't allow animals.

Maybe we could go to an amusement park in the summer. Yeah, that sounds good...

Baekhyun felt himself drifting off as he thought about things that they could possibly do, and before he knew it he had managed to fall asleep.

~

Baekhyun woke up to a light and his mind immediately told him that Chanyeol was back and he had just the dorm lights.

He was terribly mistaken when he spotted the bright rays of sun shooting through the blinds and into the plain room, unmistakenly pointing out that Chanyeol had never come back.

Baekhyun struggled to get off the couch but ended up falling because of his sore and tangled limbs, landing him onto the ground.

He groaned and wrestled with the blanket that had somehow twisted and turned around his legs, finally freeing himself and standing up with a sigh.

He rubbed his eyes as he entered their bedroom, checking for Chanyeol just in case. When he saw and heard nothing, he felt his stomach twist uncomfortably.

He decided to get ready for school while he thought about what happened to Chanyeol. Many possibilities flashed in his mind, things like how Chanyeol was taken by aliens or stolen for money—which, in the end, all ended up being stories about how he was kidnapped somehow.

It just didn't make sense to Baekhyun that Chanyeol wouldn't come back without telling him unless he was forced not to come back (hence the kidnapping stories).

Just as he slipped on his shirt, he heard knocks on the front door and his heart leaped along with his legs, sending him stumbling to the door.

He pulled it open clad with his messy hair and his boxers, his eyes the brightest they've been that morning.

He stopped short when he saw a mirror in front of him.

Or rather,

the same hair,

the same nose,

the same mouth,

and even the same eyes—in front of him.

"B—Baekgyu?"

~

Chanyeol stared at his reflection in the mirror and he balled up his fist, cursing loudly and knocking over the cup of toothbrushes.

He didn't care if this was Sehun's stuff he was knocking over, all he cared about was him.

Stupid, little, Baekhyun.

He ran his hand through his hair in distress, watching as the person in the mirror with the tired eyes and frown etched onto their face did the same. He remembered what Yoora had told him over the phone yesterday morning.

"Twin," Yoora spoke as if it was nothing, listening to Chanyeol's breath catch on the other side of the line. "Byun Baekhyun is Byun Baekgyu's twin."

Even after sleeping—or at least, trying to—Chanyeol couldn't stop himself from wanting to yell. He had spent the night over at Sehun's because he couldn't bear facing Baekhyun back at their dorm because of what he had figured out.

It was unbelievable, honestly, Chanyeol never saw it coming.

He felt tears surface to his eyes for what seemed like the umpteenth time but he held it back, biting on the inside of his cheek.

"Chanyeol?" Sehun's voice called, "Are you okay in there?"

Chanyeol didn't even hear his friend, too focused on keeping his sanity intact.

"B—But, Yoora... Baekgyu shouldn't be in Tokyo anymore... He came back and..." Chanyeol had trailed off, unsure of his own words but wanting to believe them.

Yoora sighed, sounding as if she pitied Chanyeol. "Actually... My friend from Japan told me that she saw Baekgyu last week."

The phone had nearly dropped out of Chanyeol's hand as he received the new information, his mind nearly turning blank at the thought that Baekgyu was still in Tokyo last week.

Where was he now? Was he still there, fooling Chanyeol with Baekhyun back in Korea?

Just thinking about the phone call made Chanyeol angrier and he now regretted never digging deeper and waiting for the other to tell him what was wrong.

He should've found out months ago, and maybe it wouldn't have hurt so much.

How could he—they?

Did they expect Chanyeol to just smile when he found out that he'd been lied to for half a year?

Did they expect him to just brush it off like it was nothing when Chanyeol told some stranger that he loved him multiple times over?

He couldn't even imagine what kind of a lie he'd live if he never figured this out—if he had just continued loving a completely different person from Baekgyu.

It made him so angry, and he wanted nothing more than explanations.

"Chanyeol, if you really are dating Baekhyun right now, there must be some reason, right? I think you should try to keep calm," Yoora had tried to reassure him as Chanyeol had a hard time breathing.

But what was there to explain?

He had been lied to—he had been ed over and now the twins got the last laugh.

Chanyeol raised his fist and slammed it against the wide mirror, watching it break to pieces because of his hand. Even if the sound had been loud and distracting, Chanyeol didn't feel the least bit better.

"Chanyeo—"

Chanyeol stepped out of the washroom before Sehun could even finish, a drop of the blood falling from his hand onto the ground he walked on.

He grabbed his things from yesterday and got out of the room without another word, hastily running down two flights of stairs. Sehun called after him the entire time but eventually gave up when Chanyeol didn't even spare a glance backward.

He was in a frenzy the entire way, his heart beating as fast as each step he took on the way down.

He had to see Baekhyun.

He didn't know what he was going to do when he saw Baekhyun, but he just had to. It was weird, Chanyeol really despised the name, but whenever he thought back to the person he had spent the last six months with, he just broke down. He felt like hugging Baekhyun, ignoring Baekhyun and pushing him off the roof all at the same time.

He exited Sehun's dorm building and all but sprinted to his own, where he knew Baekhyun would just be exiting to go to school.

Once he made it inside he took the stairs up, skipping one each time in his haste.

His textbooks almost fell out of his ped backpack but he could care less, panting as he reached his doorstep. He fished his keys out of his pocket with little grace and basically shoved the key into the lock, twisting the doorknob open.

He heard sudden yelling and his eyebrows furrowed as he calmed his actions a little. He let the door close behind him as he took heavy steps into their living room, hearing the noise behind the bedroom door.

It just sounded like Baekhyun was yelling, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't worried.

He opened the door to the bedroom and it seemed like the entire world stopped when he spotted the two people who had been previously arguing turn to him.

If he couldn't believe what Yoora was telling him earlier, he couldn't even fathom what he was seeing at the moment. Yoora's words repeated in his mind multiple times: twin, twin, twin...

It wasn't just two people looking at him... Two identical people were looking at him.

They were exactly the same, and Chanyeol wanted to laugh - or maybe cry. His thoughts were in such a disarray that he couldn't even make out what he was actually feeling.

It was so absurd, like finding your long lost cat that you never even knew you owned. It took his mind a while to come back to reality, but when he did, things slowly started seeping in.

It was funny how his mind immediately pointed out which one was Baekhyun and which one was Baekgyu—the reason being that he had seen the boxers Baekhyun was wearing before.

"Nice boxers," Chanyeol had commented as he walked into the bedroom to find Baekhyun dancing on his bed, SNSD music playing in the background.

The poor guy had fallen onto the bed with a beet red face, scrambling to cover himself with a blanket. "Sh—shut up!"

"If you didn't want me to see it you would have never danced in our dorm room, and on the bed if I might add," Chanyeol stated as he stared at the smaller with amused eyes.

Chanyeol found it completely adorable how Baekhyun's ears had turned such a bright pink.

Chanyeol shook the memory out of his mind, unwilling to let the thoughts eat him up.

"Ch—Chanyeol," Baekhyun muttered, his eyes wavering as he stared at the taller. Chanyeol knew that look in Baekhyun's eyes—it meant that he was just about to cry.

Whatever Baekgyu and Baekhyun were fighting about, Chanyeol somehow felt like he would've taken Baekhyun's side.

"Chanyeol," Baekgyu spoke and for some reason, it snapped Chanyeol out of whatever he was feeling for the one he had been staring at. He turned to the other twin and suddenly felt a sharp jolt of anger pulse through him when he saw that the older wasn't even affected by the argument like Baekhyun had been.

Baekgyu had the audacity to smile at him like things were simple and he hadn't just lied to him for 6 months.

"I've missed you so mu—"

"Stop," Chanyeol interrupted Baekgyu's words, his gaze flicking from Baekhyun to Baekgyu.

He saw it with his own eyes, and now he felt it. He saw the resemblance but felt the difference between the two, and it was just so real that Chanyeol couldn't keep saying that was a dream. He recalled all those moments where Baekgyu had been acting different and it wasn't because of the two years apart—

It was because it wasn't even Baekgyu.

All those times where Baekgyu—no, Baekhyun, had told him that he had just changed because of Tokyo made Chanyeol feel that he was being ridiculed. He felt as if the smaller was laughing in his face the entire time for believing the stupid lies that came out of his mouth. Every time that Baekhyun had lied and told Chanyeol that he was okay; what a lie those were.

Chanyeol couldn't stop thinking about how stupid he was.

Everything was coming together with such force that Chanyeol became overwhelmed, and the initial anger he felt came back full throttle to wring his brain to the point where he didn't even know what he was saying anymore.

"I can't believe this," the giant finally spoke, "I can't believe I ever said I trusted you." He directed his words towards Baekhyun who was standing there, his lip quivering and his feet rooted to the ground. "Who knew that you were just lying the entire time?" Chanyeol didn't mean to raise his voice, but it was just happening. He stormed past the two and picked up the picture frame he had gotten with Baekhyun. "This was all fake, wasn't it?" He asked and when Baekhyun didn't answer, he threw the frame onto the ground, seeing the smaller flinch and his arms instinctively move to cover his ears.

Baekhyun's eyes were already b with tears, and Chanyeol momentarily felt guilt but it disappeared just as fast as it came. All he could care about was the fact that someone he never even knew existed suddenly existed.

"All those times where I said I'd listen to you, why didn't you say anything?" Chanyeol questioned, his voice full of blame, "All those times where you lied to me that you knew who I was... Do you know how much it hurts?"

"I stayed by you when all you are is a stranger," Chanyeol continued, unable to take his eyes off of Baekhyun, "I feel so stupid that I hugged you so many times... What's wrong with me?" He let out a laugh that was as cold as snowflakes, his voice completely empty of emotion other than anger, "how could I ever even kiss you? I don't even know you! , it makes me sick!"

The dam of water in Baekhyun's eyes finally broke as a stream of continuous tears flowed down his cheeks, the sound of sniffling filling the room. To hear someone that Baekhyun loved say those words made a wave of nausea wash over him, and he felt his head begin to spin. "I—I never w—wanted—"

"And you just accepted my kisses like it was something you did every day, are you inhumane?!" Chanyeol exclaimed; all thoughts of trying to keep calm vanishing. "I promised you so many things! I promised you how I'd protect you, how I'd believe you and stay by your side... I told you I loved you so many times. And all you did was lie! You couldn't even spare my feelings! What did you gain out of this?" Chanyeol's voice wavered at the end of his sentence as his eyes pricked with tears of anguish, "the knowledge that you can break me like this?"

Baekhyun shook his head and tried to speak but he couldn't. He had so many things to deny and so many things to tell Chanyeol. He wanted to tell Chanyeol the full story, tell him about how he wasn't the one who wanted this. Yet, all of those unsaid words seemed to clog his throat and nothing came out except for the noise of his sobs.

"God, stop crying, you got what you wanted... You both did," Chanyeol finally took his gaze off of Baekhyun to look at Baekgyu who didn't even seem panicked. "You hurt me, just like you wanted to..." When he looked back at Baekhyun, his heart did something strange at the sight of the smaller wiping his tears. He felt guilty, but he didn't want to feel guilty...

No...

There it was again.

The feeling of Chanyeol's heart beating loudly inside of him—he hated it.

He hated it because he wasn't supposed to feel that way about someone else. He hated it because he knew he wasn't even half as mad at the twins as he was at himself. He hated it because it pointed out something that Chanyeol never wanted to admit;

he had fallen in love with the wrong person. 

When he remembered the smiles Baekhyun had graced him with, complete with his pretty teeth and beautiful eyes, the feeling of betrayal became unbearable. It hurt him much more to know that Baekhyun had lied to him than knowing that Baekgyu cheated on him. 

Baekhyun just had that sort of effect on him—everything that he did affected Chanyeol in ways that he never knew could. It was hard to say this because Chanyeol had just found out about Baekhyun less than a day ago, but now that he thought back, he remembered feeling something completely new when he hugged Baekhyun or kissed Baekhyun... It was like bright sunflowers had bloomed inside of his heart, and he felt completely at ease. It reminded him of a day multiple years ago that he could clearly recall, and he didn't know how he suddenly came to the conclusion that it was Baekhyun in the sunflower field and not Baekgyu. 

His heart told him that it was because of the way Baekhyun had looked at him, and the way he had smiled at him. It reminded him so much of the way Baekhyun (whom he thought was Baekgyu) had smiled at him when they had their little road trip to his house. Baekgyu had never had that same expression on his face, and Chanyeol now knew with a crushing feeling that Baekgyu hadn't been the one he wanted to confess to all those months ago. 

All this time, he said he was in love with Baekgyu, but that wasn't the case.

He had fallen in love with Baekhyun, and he didn't know how to stop it.

He had fallen in love with the times where Baekhyun would get embarrassed:

He leaned down again and Baekhyun instinctively leaned back, causing Chanyeol to smile at how cute he was. "You're blushing so much... So cute," Chanyeol added and Baekhyun turned away.

"I—It's just really hot in here, idiot."

"Whatever, Baekkie."

He had fallen in love with all of the times Baekhyun acted like an idiot:

"Let's go somewhere," Baekhyun repeated.

"Okay."

Again, nothing moved except for Chanyeol's fingers, tangling themselves in Baekhyun's locks. The TV was long forgotten, and it seemed like the whole place was quiet.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun whined, "Why aren't we leaving yet?"

The taller rolled his eyes at the smaller's antics, wondering if he was half asleep. "You're the one practically laying on me. You have to get off first," he pointed out the obvious and Baekhyun sat there unmoving.

He had fallen in love with the times Baekhyun would get competitive:

"You passed the line!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he pointed at Chanyeol angrily.

"No I didn't!" Chanyeol denied as he motioned to his foot that was slightly behind the line.

"Bull, you just moved your foot!" Baekhyun accused and they began a full argument on if Chanyeol deserved those ten points or not.

Chanyeol had won the fight with a smug smirk on his face and Baekhyun was sulking, mumbling under his breath that he'd throw a bowling ball at Chanyeol instead of the pins.

He had fallen in love with all of the times Baekhyun acted like a child:

"My horsey is such a good horse," Baekhyun cooed and he gave Chanyeol a kiss on the cheek.

"Call me that one more time and I'll drop you," Chanyeol warned and Baekhyun laughed.

"Why, are you afraid that you'll be revealed as what you truly are, horsey?" Baekhyun taunted and Chanyeol vaguely wondered if he had somehow gotten alcohol into his system.

He had fallen in love with the way Baekhyun had looked at him:

Questions were running through Chanyeol's mind, but they all stopped when a simple emotion filled Baekhyun's eyes.

Maybe he was wrong with what he was thinking, but he'd seen that emotion in the other's eyes before; when they went bowling, when they were together in the forest or when they were walking on the wintry sidewalks outside.

He felt his heartbeat calm down to normal because he knew, how could Baekhyun lie to him when he was looking at him like that? How could Chanyeol doubt the smaller's feelings for him when he kept looking at him with a stare filled with love?

It had only happened once, but he fell in love with the way Baekhyun said the words 'I love you':

"Chanyeol,"

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, trying to make the smaller happier instead of making him upset.

"I love you, Chanyeol."

When Chanyeol had heard Baekhyun say those words, he remembered feeling completely different than when Baekgyu had told him that he loved him. With Baekhyun, it was just so... So...

There were no words to describe it, but if Chanyeol could, he'd wish for Baekhyun to say it every day.

And that was what scared Chanyeol.

His feelings for Baekhyun were like going on a rollercoaster, all of the complicated spinning and twisting and the additional feeling that he wasn't going to survive the ride, but when the ride slowed to a stop, he'd go on it all over again just to wish that he hadn't.

This downward spiral that was never really talked about; this love that he didn't want to acknowledge... What would happen when the spiral goes too deep—what would happen when things began breaking down and they both got destroyed in the ending?

He didn't want that to happen, he didn't want to feel that way—he didn't want to agree that he'd fallen in love with someone else. It was like he was breaking his own promise, and he despised it.

So, to reassure his heart, he said things that he usually never would have.

"How could you let someone you didn't even know kiss you like I did—hold you like I did?" Chanyeol questioned, his thoughts completely blocking out his feelings, "did you think that one day, I'd actually love you back?" He asked incredulously and the smaller, who now looked so weak, meekly shook his head, his eyes closed in an attempt to stop his tears. "Did you really think that I'd be okay with staying with someone like you?"

He knew somewhere deep inside that his words weren't true—that Baekhyun would never do that, but he kept repeating that he didn't even know who Baekhyun was.

"Why would I ever even look at you after figuring this out? Why would you even try keeping something this big a secret from me?"

Baekhyun was happy that he told Chanyeol that he loved him earlier, so that he didn't need to do it now. Although Chanyeol would never believe that he, as himself and nobody else, loved him, Baekhyun was glad he got the chance to say it once. At least, he should be thankful that he got to see Chanyeol's reaction a single time. That one time was the first and last time he would've said it, and the thought brought more tears to his eyes.

"You're ing disgusting," Chanyeol finished when Baekhyun didn't say anything. He pushed past the both of them much harsher than before and made his way out, failing to notice that he had actually knocked the twins over, and the sound of wreckage and a cry of pain from Baekhyun passed by his deaf ears.

How stupid it was that Chanyeol wasn't even angry anymore—he just felt hollow on the inside.

He felt so empty, and the feeling just grew with each step he took away from Baekhyun.


( °̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥◡͐°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥)

 

When all you wanna do is cry but u don't...

Anyways, hAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHANYEOL AGAIN! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

I hope you guys enjoy this double update because of Channie's birthday! Don't forget to give Chanyeol as much love as you can!

(I hope I didn't break ur hearts too much whoops)

I'll see you guys sometime~