Sorry, I'm Playing Hard To Get

Sorry, Wrong Person

If anyone's confused with how Baekhyun and Baekgyu look, they're identical twins but of course they have little things that are different in between them (maybe a slight difference in height or shoe size, and beauty/birth marks). If you're still confused feel free to ask more questions because I tend to be quite a confusing person :p


Previously...

"And Baekhyun?"

"Yes?" He questioned.

"It might be a bit selfish—and I'm sure you would never—but whatever you do..." 

"Go on," Baekhyun urged when Baekgyu didn't say anything.

"Whatever you do, don't fall in love with Chanyeol."

~

Why would I fall in love with Chanyeol?

That's impossible!

Baekhyun lets out a hearty laugh at his brother's words. "Oh don't worry, that's never going to happen."

"That's good to know," Baekgyu answered and Baekhyun could hear the smile in his voice.

He didn't know why, but after a while of not seeing Baekgyu, it felt good helping him in some way even if things could completely go down the drain.

"I have to go now, okay?" Baekhyun asked and said goodbye, hanging up and exiting the stairwell, making his way back to his room.

He opened the door and walked to their bedroom, seeing Chanyeol sitting on the bed, obviously changed. He was now sporting a pair of sweatpants and a white shirt, his hair looking slightly less neat but better.

Once Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was in the room, he looked up from his phone and sent him a cute grin.

Baekgyu's words flashed in his mind as Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, looking as if he was examining him.

Fall in love? With this guy?

Baekhyun stood there looking at Chanyeol for a bit more before shaking his head, his own smile slipping onto his face.

Impossible.

~

He wrote down notes diligently, looking from his paper to the professor every few seconds.

Even though he was fighting back sleep, his pencil was still moving quickly across the paper without a rest.

If he ever wanted to get his parents recognition— or anyone for that matter, he'd have to pass University with flying grades.

It was kind of sad, but really, the only reason he ever tried that hard was to prove to everyone that he could be better than Baekgyu and maybe knock some sense into their heads that Baekgyu wasn't the only son in the Byun house.

Yeah, Baekgyu had everything— except for maybe the grades. He had a great group of friends back at school, all the teachers favoured him, all the parents loved him more than Baekhyun at least, he was more athletic and stronger than Baekhyun, all the girls loved him and wanted to date him... He even had Chanyeol—actually, Baekhyun should probably just say that he even had a boyfriend. (Of course, he didn't care at all that Baekgyu specifically had Chanyeol.)

Baekgyu had always been more well-off socially and that had made his entire life a lot brighter than Baekhyun's in some weird way. The universe just seemed to prefer the older twin.

Baekhyun checked his watch and almost sighed in relief when he realized that it was 7:50PM, 10 minutes until he could bolt. This was his third class of the day, and he couldn't wait to leave to his dorm.

Right, Chanyeol is there.

As the class ended and Baekhyun shoved his things away, he speed-walked out of the building, practically running towards the dorm.

He couldn't wait to jump into the comfort of his blankets and drown in its softness after taking a shower.

The first thing he did when he entered was throw his backpack onto the chair and grab a change of clothes, skipping towards the washroom.

He didn't see Chanyeol and guessed that the guy was out doing whatever he was doing. Not that Baekhyun exactly cared, but it was always better to know.

When he entered the bathroom, he smelt an unfamiliar but warm smell and he guessed that it was the soaps that Chanyeol used... Which he decided he might've really liked.

Baekhyun shook his head and locked the door, entering the shower and cleaning himself off, closing his eyes at the nice feeling.

Once he was out of the washroom; fully dressed, toothbrush in his mouth and hand drying his hair with a towel, he noticed that the room was still empty. He walked over to his clothes suitcase, putting his towel over his shoulder and opening the bag.

He took out a few more items of clothing and hung them up before he went back inside the washroom and finished washing up.

As he exited, he contemplated on finally putting away all of his clothes but then he completely forgot about it when he remembered something important.

He checked around his room again for Chanyeol before calling up Baekgyu.

His brother picked up on the fourth ring with a cheery voice. "Hi Baekhyun!"

"You seem happy... Anyway, I have a question," Baekhyun stated and when Baekgyu made some weird noise that he took as confirmation to continue, he asked: "So, do I just take over your identity completely?"

Baekgyu didn't say anything and Baekhyun heard rustling on the other line. Guessing that his brother was settling down, Baekhyun did the same and sat down in his desk chair.

"I can't write my name on my notebooks anymore because what if Chanyeol finds out? And everyone who meets me now would call me by Baekhyun if things were normal... If everyone around me is calling me Baekhyun but Chanyeol is calling me Baekgyu, wouldn't things be suspicious?" Baekhyun mentioned.

Baekgyu pondered on the thought before he sighed. "I guess you do have to worry about that. I think our safest choice is for you to explain to your old friends what's going on, and with your new friends you just introduce yourself as me, yeah?" He suggested and Baekhyun bit his lip.

It just felt... Wrong.

It was like his brother was finally taking the last step in stealing his life, and was he just going to let him?

"I... I don't know, Baekgyu," Baekhyun confessed, looking at the surface of his desk worriedly. "This whole year, everyone's going to be calling me by your name instead of mine," Baekhyun spoke in a small voice.

"It's only one year though, right?"

"Everyone's going to think I'm you," Baekhyun said almost bitterly, trying not to say too much and upsetting Baekgyu.

"Baekhyun, please? What can I do for you that'll make you say yes?" Baekgyu asked. "Because I can't let Chanyeol figure out you're not me. It's a bit too late now, don't you think? I mean—" 

"Why couldn't I just tell him in the beginning?" Baekhyun questioned and Baekgyu silenced. "Why is it such a big problem that you have a twin? You know me, Baekgyu, I wouldn't ever fall in love with someone who was yours," Baekhyun mentioned desperately and Baekgyu sighed.

"I..."

"You know what? If you tell me why you kept the fact that you were a twin from Chanyeol, I'll accept what you wanted me to do," Baekhyun bargained and again, Baekgyu became quiet. 

After a while, Baekgyu spoke up again. "Alright..."

Baekhyun waited in anticipation for what could've been a huge secret or just a small little thing. He was willing to take his chances to get this answer, because he was curious for a long time now and it was slowly killing him that he didn't know what it was. 

"I never told him because... I never really liked the thought of having 'another me' in this world. Don't take me wrong, I wouldn't ever wish you weren't here, but in front of Chanyeol, who didn't go to our school and didn't know our family... I just kind of took that chance, you know?" Baekgyu explained and Baekhyun nodded solemnly.

Honestly, he was already expecting that answer but for some reason he didn't like it.

"Okay... I'll do what you want now," he trailed off and Baekgyu let out a somewhat strained laugh.

"Thank you, Baekhyun."

"Don't even mention it," Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Alright, I'll begin writing your name on my notebooks and things, okay? I'll talk to you later— and you have to remember to send me your 'hate and like' text!"

"Okay okay okay, I got it. I'll be waiting for your call."

They said their brief goodbyes and Baekhyun went on with what he said he would, taking out a sharpie and labeling everything.

After around 15 minutes, he stretched out his arms behind him and let out a breath, hearing the front door opening. He turned his head and checked the clock, wondering if Chanyeol had classes till 9 or he was just out until then.

Chanyeol opened the door to their bedroom and immediately smiled when he saw Baekhyun. "Hi Baekgyu," Chanyeol greeted and Baekhyun almost corrected him but stopped himself before he could make the mistake. 

"Hi, you're back," he mentioned and Chanyeol nodded.

"I went over to Sehun's dorm just to check it out. I ended up staying there longer than usual," Chanyeol claimed with a laugh as he set his stuff down. "You remember Sehun, right?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh, Sehun huh?" Baekhyun questioned and thought back to the times he saw Baekgyu with his friends. He didn't remember being introduced to a 'Sehun', but he vaguely remembered someone who was short and had wide eyes.

Whatever, let's just say that owl boy is Sehun.

"Did he grow any taller? Or did he just stay short?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun's question.

Whoops. Wrong person, I guess.

Baekhyun forced a— hopefully real-like —laugh at Chanyeol's expression. "I'm just kidding! Of course I remember Sehun! How could anyone forget a tall person like him? He was quite the weird one, wasn't he?" Baekhyun tried to play if off like he wasn't on the edge of a cliff at the moment and he was glad to see that Chanyeol didn't notice anything off.

"Oh yeah, he's still as weird as usual. You know what he did just now? He told Kyungsoo to specifically eat a book about cacti."

Baekhyun laughed and that was when Chanyeol told him that he was going to take a shower. Baekhyun nodded and once he closed the door to the washroom, Baekhyun sighed.

Jeez, give me a heart attack, why don't you.

Baekhyun did a few more things at his desk before Chanyeol came out of the washroom with steam following closely behind him.

Baekhyun stood up from his spot and thought about finally putting all his clothes away, but the moment he spotted his soft looking bed, he was sidetracked again.

He walked over to his bed, his eyes gleaming as if it were his next prey.

Baekhyun jumped onto the bed face first with a flop and sighed in bliss, wanting to sleep in that position.

Instead, he just grabbed the right side of his blanket and pulled it over himself, rolling to the left and creating a burrito of himself. He wasn't that tall, and so the blanket wrapped around him until his head and feet couldn't be seen anymore. He moved around and repositioned so that he was in the middle of the bed (at least, he guesstimated).

Baekhyun closed his eyes and was actually beginning to sleep before he felt arms picking him and his blanket up altogether.

The smaller groaned as he was thrown onto what he guessed was Chanyeol's bed, his peaceful sleep completely ruined.

"I was wondering why you didn't get onto my bed, so I did it myself," Chanyeol spoke and Baekhyun heard the noise of the lamp turning off.

He felt shuffling on the bed before he felt arms wrap around him from behind and pull him closer.

Baekhyun didn't know if he should've felt happy that his blanket was still separating them, but nonetheless, it still felt like something new.

It was starting to feel kind of suffocating in Chanyeol's and the thick blanket's hold, and so, Baekhyun, with a bit of difficulty, moved his hands and grabbed the blanket, wriggling up until his head could finally be seen again.

He heard a deep chuckle behind him and Baekhyun blushed.

"You're so cute, did you know that?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun scowled at the words, not replying. "Hey, I know you're not sleeping."

After a couple of seconds filled with only the sound of Chanyeol's breathing, Baekhyun spoke up.

"I'm just going to go to my bed now..."

He tried to escape, but Chanyeol just wrapped his hands around Baekhyun tighter. "Not tonight... It's been two years since I've had you in my hold... Can't we just stay like this?"

Actually, this is my first time with you this near and no, we can't just stay like this.

He tried to get out again but Chanyeol didn't budge, keeping his stubborn arms around Baekhyun.

He thought up of a plan to get out, but in the process of thinking, he began getting sleepy and instead of listening to his mind, the sleep muddled his thoughts as he felt himself slowly drifting away.

Once again, he was ripped out of his peace when Chanyeol suddenly pushed him lightly to the other side of the bed. He was completely confused until he realized that Chanyeol just wanted the blanket between them to be gone.

The blanket was finally unrolled again and Chanyeol took it in his hands, throwing it over to Baekhyun's bed.

Baekhyun didn't even get a chance to see it land before he felt Chanyeol pull him close again, this time making him face Chanyeol.

He unconsciously smelled Chanyeol, matching it exactly to the smells of the soap earlier. It sent another wave of heat to his face that he decided to ignore.

He was fully awake again and every time he tried to at least get some personal space, Chanyeol seemed to pull him even closer than before.

Baekhyun realized it was a futile attempt after around 15 minutes and just it up, closing his eyes and listening to Chanyeol's steady heart beating.

Only for tonight.

~

The next morning when he woke up to the sun filtering through the curtains, he rubbed his eyes and accidentally knocked something with his elbow.

He turned and noticed that Chanyeol was beside him and he all but stayed still. He basically scrambled to the other side of the bed and almost fell off in the process, wincing when he noticed that he probably woke Chanyeol up.

He peeked at the other and let out a breath of relief when he noticed that Chanyeol was still deep in sleep.

Baekhyun thought back to last night and his heart calmed down, remembering that he let Chanyeol sleep that close.

He slowly got off the bed and looked at the clock, wracking his brain for when his next classes were. It was currently 7:45AM and he furrowed his eyebrows before he let out an almost scream. He had fifteen minutes—ten minutes tops to get to his first class of the day since the trip was at least five minutes if he ran.

He quickly threw on his clothes, barely even noticing that Chanyeol was sitting on the bed looking dazed as he watched Baekhyun run around.

Embarrassment can wait, classes come first.

He gathered all of his stuff, shoving them into his backpack.

"Baek—" Baekhyun dashed out of the room without further notice and ran to his class, almost jumping inside of the classroom a couple of minutes later. He looked a little crazed, having had to get ready within such a short amount of time. His clothes were a mess and his hair barely styled. He tried, in vain, to smother the dark tendrils onto his head.

He heard someone laugh and Baekhyun's head snapped in their direction, his gaze landing on styled brown hair and sun-kissed skin.

Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened as he stared at what he'd call a god sitting a few rows away from him.

"Oh, don't mind me," the guy spoke and Baekhyun snapped out of it, shaking his head.

He glared at the guy (but really, he couldn't be mad when the guy was so damn attractive) and went to sit in a spot.

He might've sat slightly close to the attractive man on purpose, but who could blame him?

The moment his touched the seat, the guy stood up and made his way over to Baekhyun, sitting down beside him. Baekhyun wanted to feel annoyed but he found himself subconsciously smiling. 

"Hi," he said and Baekhyun nodded.

"That's all I get?" He asked and Baekhyun shrugged. "Aw, are you mad that I laughed at you?"

"Not at all."

Baekhyun pulled out his notes and pencils, and before he knew it the guy had grabbed one of his notebooks. He felt a small prickling of frustration at the smug look on the man's face when he had taken the book without a problem.

"Baekgyu, huh," he stated as he read the name on the front. 

Baekhyun ripped the book away from him and glared. "."

"I'm just trying to have a friendly conversation—"

"Well, maybe I'll forgive you if you apologize."

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said and Baekhyun raised one eyebrow at how quick he did it.

Nonetheless, he had done it so Baekhyun could forgive him now.

"My name is Byun Baekgyu," Baekhyun mentioned and the other nodded.

"It's a nice name. Where are you from?"

"None of your business."

"Playing hard to get?" He questioned and Baekhyun smacked him on the head just as the professor walked inside.

For the rest of the class, he had the stranger poking at his arm and randomly saying commentary about the lecture before Baekhyun stabbed his leg with his pencil. Of course, he didn't do it hard enough to even leave a mark, but he hoped it at least bothered him.

He never learnt the guy's name, and he didn't really plan to (even if he was very attractive).

Once class ended, Baekhyun left the room, planning to do some things with the hour and a half he had until his next class. 

Baekhyun went back to his dorm building and opted to take the stairs instead of the elevator, taking a turn to the left and pushing opening the door.

Just as the door closed behind him he bumped into something and stopped.

"Ah, I was just about to go get you," Baekhyun looked up and saw Chanyeol smiling down at him. The giant ruffled Baekhyun's hair and Baekhyun looked down shyly. "What's with you? You usually hate me messing up your hair..."

Baekhyun quickly looked up again and shook his head. "Oh, that's because my hair was already messy, so I guessed that I could let it slide this time," Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a smile and the taller completely fell for it.

"Okay, let's go back to our room and watch something. According to the schedule I saw on your desk, you have around an hour and a half, right?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded as Chanyeol grabbed his hand again.

God, when am I ever going to get used to this? Baekhyun thought when Chanyeol's familiar touch sent electricity through his veins.

They walked up the stairs slowly, enjoying each other's presence—Chanyeol enjoyed it a little too much, in Baekhyun's opinion.

Once they entered their room, Chanyeol immediately sat down on the couch as Baekhyun put his stuff away. He could feel the giant's eyes on him as he shoved his bag into the corner of them room and when he turned back around, they locked eyes. 

Chanyeol gave him a dimpled grin and Baekhyun returned his best lopsided smile. 

Baekhyun joined the other on the couch when the TV was already on, leaving pillows in between them.

Chanyeol turned over to Baekhyun and chuckled, pushing the pillows off and scooting over to him. He wrapped an arm around Baekhyun and maybe for the third time in 24 hours, he pulled Baekhyun closer.

Baekhyun didn't know how to react, and so he just decided to act like he was Baekgyu (at least, he hoped this was what Baekgyu was like). He repositioned himself into Chanyeol's side, relaxing in his hold.

Chanyeol didn't point it out, but he found another difference about 'Baekgyu' that he didn't know if he should brush off or not.

He just met his boyfriend again after two years, and he'd already found so many differences. He wondered how many more he'd find in the future— 20? 50? 100?

To Chanyeol, Baekgyu was priceless. If anyone else saw the way he looked at Baekgyu, they'd say he was whipped— and to be honest, he was. They first met each other when they were both freshmen, with Chanyeol going to the school rivaled with Baekgyu's. At first, they both detested each other's guts and after meeting countless times by coincidence during the summer, they somehow grew closer. Before Chanyeol could pull himself away, he already knew all of Baekgyu's secrets and Baekgyu already knew all of his.

Baekgyu was too important for words... But after those two years passed, Chanyeol felt as if they had grown a little far. Baekgyu was different, not that Chanyeol really minded, but he wanted to go back to the times when he didn't have to ask so many questions.

Chanyeol felt an upsetting feeling settle in his stomach and he looked at the other in worry, his eyes immediately softening when he took in his lover's appearance.

Again, Baekgyu seemed to cast off all worries that Chanyeol ever had; with how innocently his boyfriend was sitting beside him in his hold, how could anything ever be out of place?

Maybe that was all Chanyeol needed:

Baekgyu, by my side... Forever.


So sorry Chanyeol, you won't be having that forever hahaha xD I hope you enjoyed this chapter—or at least liked this in the least... I know this one was a little boring but ummm... Stick with me?