Sorry, My Brother's An

Sorry, Wrong Person

I'm sorry I haven't updated on here in a while :p

I hope you enjoy it thought :)


Previously...

Chanyeol and Baekhyun went back to Chanyeol's house to celebrate, and they took a 3 hour long trip by car :)

When Chanyeol woke up, Baekhyun had left the room with him nervously, following the smell of delicious breakfast wafting from downstairs.

Once he fully descended the stairs and turned left, he was greeted with the sight of a beautiful girl sitting at the dining table, two other figures working in front of the stove and sink.

He guessed that the girl was Park Yoora, and although he didn't feel that big of an attraction to her, he had to admit that she was pretty and that she made him nervous.

Only she noticed their entrance, and she narrowed her eyes at Baekhyun, making him jump in his non-existent shoes anxiously.

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol closely—almost like baby ducks to their mother—as the taller took a seat on the other side of Yoora, gesturing for Baekhyun to sit beside him. Baekhyun sat down on the spot directly opposite from his sister, his hands placed neatly on his thighs and his gaze going anywhere but the girl judging and scrutinizing him.

"It's nice to meet you again," she greeted.

Baekhyun wondered if Baekgyu and Yoora had met before, and he remembered that she was only around a year older than Chanyeol—so obviously, her and Baekgyu have met sometime.

With her voice, Chanyeol's parents finally seemed to notice, turning around and almost fainting.

"Chanyeol?! You didn't tell us you were coming back so early! We thought you'd be here at lunch!" His mom scolded and Baekhyun felt himself sort of relax that Mrs. Park wasn't yelling at him to scram because he was too ugly for Chanyeol.

"Mom, dad, this is Byun Baekgyu," Chanyeol introduced and Baekhyun shut his eyes in pain for a second, nobody noticing except for the pretty girl. "He's my boyfriend that I've been dying to let you meet," Chanyeol stated with one of his charming smiles and Baekhyun stood up, bowing 90 degrees.

"Nice to meet you," Baekhyun finished with one of his own smiles, holding out a hand that the two elders took gladly.

"He has good manners," Mrs. Park pointed out fondly and both Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed (one, a laugh of genuine amusement, and the other, a nervous attempt to seem casual).

Mr. Park just greeted Baekhyun with gentle eyes and a normal voice, further comforting Baekhyun that he wasn't going to blow the whole meeting up.

Soon after, the whole family - plus Baekhyun - was sitting around the table eating in silence that anyone could tell was awkward.

"So," Mr. Park began, "I heard that you wanted to be a dentist?"

Baekhyun seemed shocked at the question because Baekgyu didn't want to be a dentist, but he did.

When did Chanyeol tell his parents of what he wanted to be? And how did he figure out when he never talked about his job choice?

Well, of course, Chanyeol probably pieced it together by looking at all of Baekhyun's classes and coming to the conclusion that he wanted to be a dentist, but what would happen in the future when Baekgyu came back and suddenly said he wanted to be something else? (A surgeon or pharmacist, Baekhyun didn't remember.)

Baekhyun nodded slowly, trying to calm down. "Yeah, I'm actually not really sure about my career choice, so I'm just going with it now to see what happens."

Nice answer, Baekhyun complimented himself and mentally patted himself on the back.

"Ah, I see, that's a very thought-out choice. No less from the person that Chanyeol's been dreaming about," Mrs. Park added and the couple blushed, both trying to sneak a glance at the other and being caught, turning away quickly. "You're so cute," she cooed which caused Baekhyun's face to heat up more.

"Let's just go back to eating," Chanyeol spoke up, obviously flustered but not wanting to show it.

They fell back into a silence that wasn't as awkward as before, but it still seemed a little strained.

The five of them finished their food and Baekhyun piped up that he would clean the dishes, mentioning that he felt bad for sleeping at their place for three days without doing anything.

Both his parents and his sister agreed as the mother and father left to get ready for work, leaving the three children back.

Baekhyun pulled up the sleeves of his sweater he had changed into earlier, and he the water, rinsing the dishes lightly before scrubbing them clean with a sponge.

Chanyeol came up from behind Baekhyun and unnecessarily peeked over his shoulder, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's waist.

"Need help?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun lightly elbowed Chanyeol.

"Go away, or else I'll put soap in your eyes," Baekhyun joked warningly and Chanyeol chuckled, low and deep.

"You wouldn't dare," he said but backed away anyways, doing nothing for the next minute but staring at Baekhyun from his side.

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked as he washed bowls.

"Nothing, I'm just staring."

"Well, you might as well help me," Baekhyun pointed out. "My cheek's itchy, can you scratch it?" Baekhyun requested and Chanyeol chuckled at the request. "What? It's bothersome to have to wash my soapy hands just to get them dirty again."

Instead of heeding to Baekhyun's request, Chanyeol simply leaned in and placed a kiss on Baekhyun's cheek, watching as the smaller's face heated up all the way to the tips of his ears.

"T—That's not what I meant, you giant idiot. It's still itchy, what are you going to do?" Baekhyun scolded with a pout on his features.

"Fine," Chanyeol gave in—or so Baekhyun thought, but in the next second, he leaned in just to place another peck on Baekhyun's skin.

"S—stop that you fool, I'll really put soap in your eyes," Baekhyun stuttered, and he cursed at himself for suddenly stuttering around Chanyeol more than usual. "What's up with you and random kissing?"

"Still itchy?" Chanyeol questioned and Baekhyun quickly shook his head, hearing Chanyeol's laughter at his action. "Here, I'll help."

Bakehyun leaned away with a warning look in his eyes and Chanyeol laughed yet again. "I meant with the dishes," he pointed out and Baekhyun seemed to burn even more, moving back to his original spot.

Their arms brushed as they cleaned the dishes with small teasing words, forgetting that Yoora was still in the room and looking at the two of them with uninterest—or was it disdain? No one could really tell the difference.

They finished quickly and after Baekhyun dried his hands and turned around, he felt the same shock Chanyeol's parents did earlier, seeing Yoora still sitting there.

"Oh, hi," Baekhyun said stupidly and she didn't answer, only staring at Baekhyun like he was an alien from another world.

She still didn't say anything as Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hand, leading him back up the stairs.

"Does Yoora hate me?" Baekhyun questioned cautiously and Chanyeol shook his head.

"No, she's just really overprotective, trust me."

"Okay," Baekhyun replied with a frown.

Baekhyun sat down on Chanyeol's bed, watching as the taller grabbed his guitar from the wall, holding it as if it held his most important memories.

After strumming the guitar a few times, Chanyeol began playing the guitar for him and Baekhyun hummed along to the songs he knew, giving Chanyeol the gift of hearing his angelic voice.

Chanyeol had heard Baekgyu singing before, but he never sounded this amazing—or beautiful.

Chanyeol felt pride grow within him that his boyfriend had gotten better and Chanyeol smirked. "Singing classes?" He asked and Baekhyun seemed to snap out of his musical state, shaking his head. "You seemed to have gotten a lot better."

"I've always been this good," Baekhyun said with a huff and Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Okay Baek, whatever floats your boat," Chanyeol remarked and Baekhyun hit him, only realizing that his hand probably hurt more than Chanyeol's arm.

Curse him and his perfect muscles...

The rest of Baekhyun's first day over at the Park's ended well, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun going shopping for pretty things and coming home to an amazing dinner where they all laughed and got along—excluding Yoora who was eerily silent.

That night, Baekhyun fell asleep contently, not minding it one bit as he snuggled into Chanyeol, almost demanding the giant to cuddle him. Chanyeol had smiled at his adorable actions and listened, doing exactly so and falling asleep to Baekhyun's breathing. 

~

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up to an empty bed and he scrunched up his nose in confusion, wondering if everything was a dream.

He figured out it wasn't when he noticed he was in Chanyeol's room, and he slipped out of the bed dazedly, making his way downstairs quietly when he heard talking in the kitchen.

"Aren't you cold?" Baekhyun heard Chanyeol ask and Baekhyun peeked around the little corner that helped him to be concealed from the siblings in the kitchen.

"No," Yoora shrugged as she looked down at her short shorts and tank top as pajamas.

They quieted down again, focusing on what seemed to be breakfast.

Baekhyun was just about to step in before Yoora spoke up again.

"You know, Baekgyu seems a little different, doesn't he?" Yoora asked and Baekhyun froze just before he could reveal himself.

"Hmm? How so?" Chanyeol asked innocently.

"Don't give me that," his sister glared at him. "If I can see it, obviously you can," she said in a low voice, but Baekhyun could still hear it.

"It's just small things—"

"You know, I always thought Baekgyu was an ," she hissed and Chanyeol seemed taken aback. "The way he walked irritated me, and the way he spoke to me just pissed me off—like he didn't care about anything but himself."

Chanyeol opened his mouth to defend his boyfriend when Yoora shushed him.

"As I was saying... He seems different... Not... Himself," she pointed out. "Clearly, with the look on your face, you've noticed as well."

Chanyeol kept quiet, not saying anything; almost as if he was guilty of something.

"When I met him again yesterday, he didn't seem to be such a stuck up -face."

"Yoora, you don't need to word it that way..." Chanyeol muttered.

"Oh yeah? But you know it too, don't you?" Yoora asked and Baekhyun suddenly felt the need to hide and he did, just in time for Yoora to look around suspiciously before lowering her voice even more. "You also know that Baekgyu cheated on you, right?" She asked and Baekhyun held in a gasp, moving away and making sure he was fully hidden.

What? Waitwhat?

Chanyeol sighed. "Yoora, I decided to forgive him. After all, it's been two years since that little incident. He doesn't know I know, and he doesn't need to know that I know. We're fine like this."

...What!?

He never told me about this.

Chanyeol saw Baekgyu cheating on him?

"You guys were two years into dating, and after seeing him kissing another guy, you didn't even confront him about it? Don't you think it's a little weird how Baekgyu left for Tokyo right after that? And now you're saying that you guys are fine?"

"I can handle my relationship myself," Chanyeol said, feeling a burning anger in him ignite.

"He's just playing with you, Chanyeol—"

"Yoora, quiet down—"

"He's going to throw you away!"

"No he isn't."

"You don't know what's going on in that mind of his—"

"I trust him!" Chanyeol exclaimed and that effectively shut his sister up. "I don't care if he'll throw me away in the ending, because I don't believe that he will—and yeah, rename me and call me 'whipped' but I love him."

Baekhyun didn't know what he should be thinking about, but he knew he had to leave the house for a little while.

He went back up the stairs without a noise, frantically entering Chanyeol's room.

He changed quickly into different clothes and without anyone in the house knowing, he left out the front door, running down a few blocks until he was panting and heaving. Everything around him was bright and looked like Christmas—a stark contrast to the feeling burning inside of him.

He whipped out his phone and dialed Baekgyu's number, the grip on his device hard enough to make his knuckles turn white.

"Hello?" Was Baekgyu's response—as if he was the innocent Little Red Riding Hood and not the wolf who decided to kill her grandma.

"You never told me," Baekhyun hissed, his voice filled with venom.

"Woah, Baekhyun, are you okay—"

"Of course I'm not okay! You know why?!" Baekhyun practically screamed into his phone, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "You didn't even bother to mention..."

"Mention what? I never told you what? Baekhyun, what are you talking about—"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that you ing cheated on Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun exclaimed, feeling the anger in him build. He felt completely astonished that Baekgyu could pull off something such as this.

"...What?" Baekgyu slowly replied and Baekhyun felt so mad at his stupid twin.

"You kissed another guy."

"How... Do you know that?" Baekgyu asked.

"So it's true," Baekhyun remarked, a dry laugh slipping out of his throat.

He was angry—furious that Baekgyu had said that he cared about Chanyeol so much, but cheated on him before. The only reason Baekhyun had accepted to do this was because Baekgyu really seemed like he loved Chanyeol.

No, wait. That wasn't the whole reason.

The other reason he felt like giving Baekgyu the slap of his life, was because of how wrecked Chanyeol had sounded earlier—how much he sounded like he cared for Baekgyu; how much Chanyeol seemed to close his eyes and fall backwards, trusting for Baekgyu to catch him from a skyscraper hundreds of meters from the ground.

And all Baekgyu was doing was throwing a blind eye at Chanyeol's figure, leaving him to plummet onto the cold ground.

"How did you know?" Baekgyu repeated.

"Chanyeol knows."

The line went dead silent for a second, the only noise audible was Baekhyun's heavy breathing, both from anger and fatigue.

"...It was only for a week," Baekgyu began explaining desperately.

Only for a week? Only for a week?!

"Why," Baekhyun felt his vision flash red because of how angry he was. "Why, why, why, why would you ever do that?"

It was like Baekhyun was feeling Chanyeol's pain, like he was the one who was cheated on and the one who had a harsh reality slapped into their face.

"Baekhyun, why are you reacting like this?" Baekgyu asked. "You shouldn't care about him."

"Why am I reacting like this? Well of course, it's unfair!"

Again, not the whole reason.

Truthfully, Baekhyun didn't really know why he felt so terrible, even if this was just one of Baekgyu's mistakes that he'd have to patch up for him—just like the old times.

Yes, it was unfair, but that simple word wasn't where it ended.

It was unfair how Baekgyu cheated on him.

It was unfair how Baekgyu used him.

It was unfair how Baekgyu shoved him into this position.

It was unfair how Baekgyu had someone so amazing loving him.

It was unfair how Baekgyu had someone Baekhyun wished he had—

Baekhyun caught himself in the act, just like the other morning.

Why am I wishing for something I'll never have? Baekhyun wondered. Chanyeol loves Baekgyu so much, even if he doesn't deserve it.

Baekhyun didn't even hear what Baekgyu had said previously, but then, his twin said five mere words that snapped him out of his thoughts:

"He's my boyfriend, not yours."

Baekhyun was stunned, even if it was the truth.

He had said those words to himself multiple times: Chanyeol is Baekgyu's, not mine. But after hearing it from someone else, so harshly and so out in the open, Baekhyun finally opened his eyes.

Maybe, after four months of acting as Chanyeol's boyfriend, it had gotten to Baekhyun's head and he was thinking crazily. Somewhere inside his mind, he had somehow fit himself into the role of Chanyeol's boyfriend. That wasn't a role for him to take up. Yeah, that's right, Baekhyun thought to himself.

I need to calm down, Baekhyun told himself and he closed his eyes, trying to think differently about the situation.

"So stay away from my business," Baekgyu practically hissed—and all thoughts of calming down were chucked out of the window.

Baekgyu's words had yet again snapped him out of insignificant thoughts, and Baekhyun began laughing, harder than ever.

He had surely lost his mind.

He could tell Baekgyu was confused, but honestly, Baekhyun was laughing too hard to tell him right away.

"Baekhyun," Baekgyu called, wanting to know what was wrong with the younger.

"S—Stay away from your business?" Baekhyun asked in between laughter.

He sobered up unnaturally quick as he spoke into the phone in a calm voice. "If you wanted me to stay out of your business, you wouldn't have ever told me to pretend to be you," Baekhyun pointed out, making sure that Baekgyu knew the facts.

"I don't care!" Baekgyu said pathetically and Baekhyun resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Just—Just stop now, okay?! I don't need you anymore!"

It made Baekhyun sick how Baekgyu thought he had the right to throw someone away when he didn't 'need' them anymore, and how his twin thought everything could be solved by cutting something out of the picture.

Oh yeah, Yoora was definitely right.

"You know what, Baekgyu?" Baekhyun asked, his voice scarily gentle. "You're a stuck up -face."

And with that, Baekhyun hung up.

~

Baekhyun was still seething at his twin brother as he stepped inside of the Park household ten minutes after the phone call, hoping that he wasn't as disheveled as he felt he was.

Chanyeol walked out of the kitchen just in time to see Baekhyun. "Baek? Where did you go?" Chanyeol asked, worry evident on his face.

Something compelled Baekhyun to treat Chanyeol as nicely as he could, love him because he deserved it—deserved it from someone, unlike Baekgyu.

Baekhyun took off his shoes, saying nothing as he staggered over to Chanyeol, falling into him and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol.

His phone was on silent, because he knew Baekgyu would be spamming him with texts and calls, begging for him to pick up so that they could 'sort this out'.

Nah, Baekhyun didn't want to sort anything out.

Chanyeol returned the hug, albeit hesitant because his precious 'Baekgyu' usually didn't act like this.

Baekhyun held back disgusting tears of anger as he allowed himself to get lost in Chanyeol, not wanting to think about anything.

For a moment, in Chanyeol's warmth, Baekhyun contemplated telling him everything. But he stopped when he heard Chanyeol say Baekgyu's name, asking if he was alright.

Baekhyun felt unfiltered pain stab at him relentlessly as he just grasped onto the back of Chanyeol's shirt, burying his face deeper into Chanyeol's chest.

Chanyeol was so gentle and loving, and kind and amazing and just...

Baekhyun remembered what his voice sounded like earlier when talking to Yoora, and he realized with a sickening feeling in his stomach—

Baekgyu wasn't the wolf in the fairy tale...

It was himself.

It made sense; the big, bad, gray wolf strung Little Red along and ate her grandma, pretending to be her just to lure the innocent child in.

Baekhyun wondered how the wolf in the fairy tale felt no remorse whatsoever, completely taking over someone's identity and faking it to someone so innocent.

"Baek," Chanyeol muttered gently as his hands went to Baekhyun's hair, obviously noticing how the smaller was in distress.

Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut, trying to drown everything out apart from Chanyeol's warm feeling and calming voice.

Honestly, Baekhyun wished to stop time; to just stay in Chanyeol's arms for a little longer. And if time was stopped, nobody would see the way Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol—as if he was breaking on the inside, and as if Chanyeol was healing him just to let him fall apart again. And if time was stopped, he'd never have to hear anyone call him by the name 'Baekgyu' and laugh and say that they enjoyed being around 'Baekgyu'. And if time was stopped, Baekhyun would be able to cry without being worried that someone would see him.

If time was stopped, he'd be able to look at Chanyeol and tell him that he was Byun Baekhyun, without being beaten up for deceiving him for so long.

...If time was stopped, he could have Chanyeol for a little bit.

Baekhyun reluctantly pulled away from Chanyeol with a fake smile, greeting Chanyeol's parents shortly after.

The breakfast they ate that morning would usually be considered delicious, but to Baekhyun it tasted the opposite, because his thoughts affected everything in his body—going as far as his taste buds. It tasted like ash to Baekhyun, and he wondered since when things had this much of an impact on him.

Then again, everything that happened with Chanyeol was a first.

And Chanyeol didn't know it, but when he turned to Baekhyun with a happy smile on his face, Baekhyun just broke a little more.


I'm so sorry I haven't updated in YEARSSSS but I promise, promise promise promise, I'll have another chapter out before this week ends, to make up for my lack of updating.

Keep you eyes peeled, I could update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, who knows :)