Sorry, I Don't Like Nuts

Sorry, Wrong Person

Hi~ I hope you had a nice day and I also hope you enjoy this ^-^


They sat like that on the couch for a while, watching random shows on the TV until Baekhyun dozed off after half an hour.

Chanyeol scooped him up in his arms and brought him to his bed, setting him down.

Just as Chanyeol set the alarm to go off in the next twenty minutes, he felt the other pull him down.

Baekhyun draped an arm around Chanyeol and snuggled his face into his chest, breathing in. "Mmm, you smell nice, it's unfair," he mentioned groggily and Chanyeol laughed.

Chanyeol was sure he didn't mean that because after all, Chanyeol had used his personal favourite shampoo, which happened to be Baekgyu's least favourite. Everytime Chanyeol used it Baekgyu would scrunch up his nose and tell him to go away before he puked.

He's only saying this because he's half asleep, I'm sure, Chanyeol told himself, smiling lightly.

Chanyeol slightly shifted and grabbed the other's hand, examining it like he usually would. It was softer; less rough than usual. His skin felt like baby's skin and his nails were a pretty pink, trimmed to perfection.

What? Chanyeol thought as he grabbed Baekhyun's other hand, looking at it closely. The thing that he liked to examine the most on Baekgyu's hand, the little scar on the surface... It was gone.

Chanyeol shook his head, looking down at Baekhyun's face. He probably covered it up with makeup...

Yet again, he spotted a difference within his sleeping boyfriend. There was a little mole on the top right of his lips— although extremely cute, he'd never noticed it before.

Chanyeol had spotted so many small little things that usually people wouldn't pay attention to; his boyfriend's sudden liking to cuddling, his raspberry smelling soap, the size of his clothes, his makeup usage, his clothing style, even the pens that he had were different than usual.

It perplexed Chanyeol, but for the nth time, he put it in the back of his head.

I've just been away from him for a long time... I'm sure everything's fine.

The differences are all because of the two years apart...

Before he knew it, he watched the small man for longer than he anticipated, without signs of giving up.

During those moments where Chanyeol was examining Baekhyun, he kept repeating to himself over and over again. He may be a little different, but he's still Baekgyu.

Our relationship is still the same as always...

Right?

~

Two weeks later and Baekhyun was in the coffee shop with his newly made friend, talking about random things and laughing every once and a while.

He made a friend named Jongdae, and the first thing he noticed about him was that he had a very nice smile. His humour was weird, but it was only as weird as his own so they fit together perfectly.

"So, you're the same age as me?" Jongdae asked and Baekhyun nodded.

Baekhyun was wondering in his head, if one day he could trust the guy enough to tell him about his situation with Baekgyu and Chanyeol. He seemed very trustworthy, even if he told stories of how he pulled pranks quite often.

"My birthday is on May 6th," Baekhyun stated and Jongdae nodded. Just as he was about to say something, familiar people took the seats beside him and Jongdae.

Baekhyun turned to the person on his left and his eyes widened when he noticed it was the owl guy that Baekgyu had introduced to him before. He had no idea what his name was, and he wracked his brain for what it was.

"Baekgyu! So you are back from Tokyo!" The guy exclaimed and Baekhyun meekly nodded. "Wow, it's really been two years? You don't look like you've aged at all!"

Baekhyun laughed and he turned to look at Jongdae almost pleadingly.

It seemed as if his prayers were answered when Jongdae seemed to know the two also. "Kyungsoo! How have you been?" He asked and Kyungsoo immediately recognized Jongdae too.

"Wow! I found two of my best friends at the same time!"

As Kyungsoo and Jongdae began talking, Baekhyun looked at the other person who had sat down. He remembered who it was and his jaw almost dropped when he saw that it was the hottie from the other day.

The guy simply smirked at Baekhyun and Baekhyun tried to recover his composure.

There was something about him that made him so alluring and Baekhyun couldn't seem to take his eyes off of him.

"Baekgyu, meet Kim Jongin, my boyfriend," Kyungsoo introduced and Baekhyun almost choked.

"B—Boyfriend?" Baekhyun repeated and Kyungsoo nodded, laughing.

"Yup, since yesterday. Isn't that funny?"

Baekhyun nodded as Jongin just kept looking at him and Baekhyun gulped when he subtly winked.

Is he trying to flirt with me? Or...

Baekhyun coughed and shifted in his seat. "You already know me, so I don't really need to introduce myself. But have you met Jongdae yet?" Baekhyun asked as he tried to turn the attention over to Jongdae.

It worked and Jongdae began to introduce himself, adding facts that were completely not necessary.

"How have you been these days Baekgyu?"

"Oh, I've been doing great... Tokyo was pretty amazing," Baekhyun mentioned, trying to keep up his fake persona.

Maybe Baekhyun wouldn't ever say it to Baekgyu's face, but having his own identity taken over by his twin hurt him more than he expected it would.

If anyone ever liked him, even in a friendly way, they'd be liking Byun Baekgyu.

Baekgyu already had his parent's love, he'd already got to go study abroad, he already got a chance to explore what it actually felt like to live, unlike what Baekhyun was doing.

Baekhyun was always just 'Baekgyu's twin'. The entire time during high school, he was never recognized as himself— as Byun Baekhyun. He was only ever seen as Baekgyu's—the ever popular and loved student's, little brother.

Baekhyun felt like he had been living as some sort of shadow behind Baekgyu; the darkness just under the candle.

He always kept it to himself because he knew those thoughts were selfish, but those past few weeks had hurt more than any other time— at the beginning of the year he thought that finallyI will be myself in a new place, but he was so wrong.

There he was, sitting with the name of his brother stamped onto his face and the contact of his fake boyfriend in his phone.

Sometimes, he'd wish to wake up and find out that it was all a dream and something that he wouldn't have to ever think about ever again.

It always scared him, that one day Baekgyu would completely overshine him and he'd be left as nothing but a couple of atoms floating in the middle of everything that revolved around the earth, the solar system or even the galaxy.

"Baekgyu?" Kyungsoo called and snapped in front of his face, efficiently snapping Baekhyun out of his dazed form.

"Huh? What?" He asked as he looked at Jongin and Kyungsoo.

Jongin chuckled, "You're so cute Baekgyu."

Baekhyun blushed at his words and at the same time tried to ignore the twinge of hurt that passed through him momentarily.

"Sorry, I was thinking of something," he mentioned and they both shrugged.

"Well, I forgot what I wanted to ask you anyways," Jongin stated and Baekhyun laughed.

As Jongin and Kyungsoo began talking to each other again, Baekhyun looked out of the window and watched as University students walked by, some with friends and others alone.

A fleeting thought flew through his head as his gaze flicked to a bird perched on a tree branch, singing a tune that he had no chance to hear.

...What happens when Baekgyu comes back?

~

It was when Baekhyun was sitting on his bed back at the dorm that he got the awaited text message from Baekgyu.

Baekgyu:

Likes:

-Any type of nuts (don't take this the wrong way, Baekhyun)

Nonetheless, Baekhyun snorted to himself but continued reading, absorbing each of the facts into his mind.

-The rain
-The darkness
-Dates outside
-Sports

-The cold weather

-Icecream...

And plenty of other boring facts later, Baekhyun finds himself frowning at Baekgyu's hate list, because in fact, Baekhyun liked all of those things.

Hates:

-Artificial fruit flavours or scents
-Holding hands (it eventually gets sweaty and it's ew)
-Reading books

-Overhyped music
-Staying inside for too long
-Being called cute
-Extremely sweet things (that goes for my icecream liking too)
-Anything fictional...

When Baekhyun was done reading, he groaned and rolled over, planting his face into his pillow. He knew it was going to be hard to impersonate Baekgyu because one of the things that he found was the most different between them was Baekgyu's liking to nuts, no matter how weird that sounded.

Baekhyun was allergic to nuts.

Luckily, it was not life threatening, but he still didn't appreciate all the times Baekgyu made tears fall from his eyes when the guy decided to bring cashews into their room to snack on while texting Chanyeol.

Baekhyun shook his head from the memories and rolled back over, staring at the ceiling. He peered at the clock and almost let out a sigh when he noticed it was already 11PM. He was supposed to have an early class tomorrow and he didn't like almost falling asleep every time.

He looked on the other side of the room at Chanyeol's empty bed and wondered what he was up to, before he came up with the conclusion that Chanyeol was probably hanging with his friends again.

Fortunately, another incident of the two of them in one bed hadn't happened, because Baekhyun usually fell asleep before Chanyeol even came back.

He raised an eyebrow in thought, thinking that if Chanyeol really loved Baekgyu that much, why does he come back so late every time?

It didn't bother Baekhyun that he wasn't spending time with him, but it bothered him that Chanyeol wouldn't technically be spending time with the Baekgyu he was acting as.

Baekhyun sat up and scratched his head before getting off the bed and charging his phone. As he went to close the curtains, he found himself staring at the bulbs of light that hung around school campus. Baekhyun didn't know why, but the lights comforted him, making him think that even if he was just a part of the darkness, there would always be something to light it up. His situation couldn't be all bad. Something would come along and brighten it up, right?

Baekhyun decided to leave a crack in between the long sheets of fabric and his heel to slump onto his bed. He turned off the lamp before settling onto his pillow, snuggling into the covers.

Baekhyun stared at the singular lamppost still visible from his position until his eyelids drooped and he was being pulled into sleep. Just as he dozed off, he heard the noise of the door to their place opening, but Baekhyun fell asleep without caring.

The next morning passed as usual, with Baekhyun waking up before Chanyeol and almost leaving out the door, before the giant would wake up all fuzzy brained but still begging him to wait. The day would then continue with Chanyeol walking Baekhyun to his classes, hand in hand as they talked about random things.

Baekhyun thought for a moment about Baekgyu's 'hate' list and remembered that holding hands wasn't something he liked, but Baekhyun just brushed it off, using the excuse that Chanyeol liked holding hands too much (and maybe it was because Baekhyun couldn't ignore Chanyeol's puppy eyes when he asked to hold his hand).

When they arrived at Baekhyun's class, Chanyeol would always try to kiss him and on lucky days, Baekhyun could avoid it by sometimes letting him kiss him on the cheek and other times just pulling him in for a hug. Sometimes, Chanyeol would successfully steal yet another kiss before Baekhyun rushed inside with sentences that always related to: 'I'll be late'.

That day, Baekhyun didn't exactly have the luck of a four leaf clover because Chanyeol pulled him in and kissed him longer than necessary, causing people to stare and—unadmittedly—making Baekhyun's insides flip.

It has seriously only been 14 days, Baekhyun thought as he escaped into his class, how am I supposed to endure another 351 days?

~

His classes passed by quicker than usual, with the fact that Baekhyun enjoyed them when he had friends now. Each of his classes either had Kyungsoo or Jongin, and he had made a new friend named Jongdae, of course. Of course, he never really spoke to them but just their presence there made Baekhyun feel happier, and usually they would sit beside him.

Once Baekhyun's last class for the day was done at 5, he pulled his backpack up and left the class, waving to Jongdae who went the opposite way.

Just as he turned back around, he came face to face with a grinning Chanyeol.

"Did you almost fall asleep during your class? Because I almost did," Chanyeol talked as he grabbed Baekhyun's hand like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"No, because you always come back home late," Baekhyun mentioned and he didn't mean to sound so disappointed or pouty and he immediately regretted it when Chanyeol frowned.

"I'm sorry, I've just been busy lately..."

"That's okay..." Baekhyun replied and they walked quietly for a moment before Chanyeol spoke up again.

"Hey, how about I make it up to you today?" He suggested and Baekhyun looked at him, wondering what he was planning.

"How—"

"Let's go on a date, Baekgyu."


Yay they're going on a date in the next chapter! I wonder, can you guess where they're going to go?

Also, thank you for everyone who's supporting me :)