Sorry, I'm a Liar

Sorry, Wrong Person

Hi! I'm back! So yeah, previously Baekhyun started crying ;-; but you all know that because I just published that yesterday o .o I hope you enjoy~


"B—Baek?" Chanyeol asked, his hands holding Baekhyun on his shoulders as the smaller covered his face in his hands, sobbing loudly.

To say that it shattered Chanyeol's heart was an understatement—he felt that his very being was being ripped in half, seeing the love of his life so broken.

He felt sadness wash over him with realization that if his boyfriend was crying that hard, something must've been terribly wrong.

Chanyeol didn't say anything more as he just picked up Baekhyun's small frame, cradling him in his arms as he brought him over to his bed.

He decided that if Baekhyun was ever going to tell him what was wrong, he wouldn't force it out of him anymore and he'd just wait patiently for when the time was right.

Even if he felt that whatever secret the smaller was keeping was going to break him, he decided that he'd just hold out and wait—for the moment where he'd finally share his pains, instead of keeping them in.

~

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up in relief when he felt Baekhyun still in his arms, and then panic when he remembered what had happened.

He stared at the smaller's peaceful face while he was sleeping, although his eyes were slightly swollen red from crying.

Baekhyun stirred in his sleep from the light casted on his eyes and they fluttered open, staring back at Chanyeol with those gorgeous eyes that he loved so much.

"Good morning," Chanyeol said quietly, not wanting to alarm him with a loud voice in the morning.

Baekhyun hummed in response, looking dazed and out of it. He pressed his face into Chanyeol's chest and the latter smiled at his actions, wondering if he felt better.

A few minutes later, he heard Baekhyun's small voice, muffled by his own shirt that the smaller was pushing his face against. "Yesterday..." He trailed off weakly, sounding uncertain of himself.

Baekhyun rolled onto his back, separating from Chanyeol and not looking at him as he spoke. "Chanyeol, about yesterday..."

"You don't have to tell me," Chanyeol quickly stated, not wanting Baekhyun to force out his answer, it would just make everything worse.

Baekhyun shook his head, still not looking at Chanyeol. "No, it's my fault anyways. The reason why that happened yesterday happened was because... I overheard your talk with Yoora."

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he realized what talk he was talking about, and he felt despair build inside of him. He began wondering if the smaller would leave him for knowing that he had seen what he did with Kris.

"I admit," Baekhyun began, covering his face with his hands. "I cheated on you, but only for a bit..."

Hearing his boyfriend say it himself made Chanyeol's insides twist, and a familiar stinging appeared behind his eyes.

"I just wanted a—a fresh thing," Baekhyun stuttered, and Chanyeol noticed the drops of tears that slipped down the side of his face that he could see, escaping from Baekhyun's hands. "I was feeling adventurous—no, I was feeling stupid..." Baekhyun bit on his lip as if to hold in a sob. "I was afraid of leaving you for Tokyo, and so I made a dumb choice right before..." 

The memory was still quite fresh in his mind; the moment where he saw Baekgyu with another guy.

Chanyeol slung his bag over his back, obvious anxiety etched onto his face.

Yesterday, Baekgyu had told Chanyeol that he was leaving for Tokyo in a month, and that they should sort out whatever they could.

Chanyeol's and Baekgyu's schools had just finished having a basketball match together and he sought out the smaller, wanting to tell him that he was willing to have a long distance relationship or he was willing to wait for Baekgyu—whatever it was, he wanted to stay with Baekgyu.

He searched around the school and he saw a familiar jersey and patch of black hair out in the parking lot.

Chanyeol jogged towards the exit and pushed open the door, stopping when he saw someone else with him.

It was Kris, his teammate.

Chanyeol watched in curiousity when Baekgyu's hand moved to the back of Kris' neck.

At that time, Chanyeol didn't even think it was possible for Baekgyu to cheat on him because he had never shown any signs of not loving him.

He began walking up to Baekgyu, hoping for an explanation as to why they were waiting outside before he saw Kris leaning down.

He stopped dead in his tracks as Kris only got closer and Baekgyu made no move to push him away, actually looking as if he wanted what Kris was about to do.

The moment they connected lips, Chanyeol turned away as if he'd never seen it before, pain evident in the way he was clenching his fist, nails digging into his palm.

He took in a shaky breath and entered the school, wanting to forget about it all.

He was hoping—praying that Baekgyu would tell him what had just happened because that was the type of person Chanyeol was: loyal, believing, caring and understanding. Even if he gave off a mean first glance, once someone really got to know him, Chanyeol would put all of his trust in that one person without a second thought. He was naïve, but that was perhaps one of his charms.

A week passed by without Baekgyu saying anything to Chanyeol about that matter, and Chanyeol was worrying, but he told himself that if Baekgyu didn't talk about it, it wasn't important enough to be brought up in between them. 

After another week, Baekgyu told him that he was breaking off their relationship—so Chanyeol could move on without him. Chanyeol didn't even get to say anything or protest, watching as Baekgyu walked away.

Two more weeks and Baekgyu had left for Tokyo without another word, never even glancing back to see Chanyeol waiting at the airport for him, wishing that he could say goodbye at least once.

The rest of Chanyeol's high school was a little dark without Baekgyu and sometimes he'd think he saw a glimpse of Baekgyu but always brushed it off, telling him that he was really becoming delusional.

"I didn't know what was wrong with me," Baekhyun lied, snapping Chanyeol out of his memories. "I didn't see the one person I wanted the most, and I regret it so much."

Chanyeol closed his eyes, feeling hurt from Baekhyun's words.

"I'm sorry you had to see me in such a terrible state—before and now. If... If I've been acting different, it's because of me and not you. You did nothing wrong... You've never done anything wrong," Baekhyun was crying slightly harder, and Chanyeol couldn't help but feel that there was something more behind the smaller's words.

Chanyeol didn't know how many tears Baekhyun had because he already cried himself to sleep and now he was crying early in the morning, as if he had an unlimited supply from all the pain he had felt.

"I understand if you'll never forgive me..." He hiccuped, "I did something terrible and—"

Chanyeol cut him off by doing his favourite thing; pulling Baekhyun towards him and sharing his warmth. 

To Chanyeol, Baekhyun always felt so little in his arms so holding him like this made him feel complete. They rarely did this before because Baekgyu always complained about not liking cuddling, but now that he didn't seem to care that much anymore, Chanyeol took whatever chance he could.

Chanyeol thought the only reason that 'Baekgyu' let them cuddle now was because he felt guilty for cheating on him, and although it was sad, Chanyeol didn't care as long as Baekhyun still returned his feelings.

His most favourite thing was when Baekhyun would be a little stiff the moment Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his waist, but after 30 seconds—he counted—the smaller would relax and unconsciously pull Chanyeol closer, his hands grasping onto his shirt. Baekhyun also made these really cute noises in his sleep, and sometimes Chanyeol himself couldn't sleep just because of the thought of how much he loved the other.

"Baek," Chanyeol called when Baekhyun didn't stop crying. "Why are you crying so much? It's going to be fine," he reassured.

When his words gave no response, Chanyeol inwardly sighed.

"I've already forgiven you, you don't need to be so sad now... And it was a long time ago, right?" Chanyeol questioned.

To his surprise, he felt a weak punch delivered to his chest and he looked down. "S—stop being so nice, I don't deserve it," Baekhyun mumbled.

"You don't decide if you deserve it," Chanyeol pointed out. "I already told you. I forgive you, so please..."

Truthfully, Chanyeol knew that he'd never be able to forget what Baekgyu did, even if it could barely pass as cheating—seeing as Baekgyu broke it off with him two weeks later.

It was just a sign of what to come, and even if Chanyeol wished it never happened, it did, and he was over it. Hopefully, the other could forget about it and continue with their relationship.

Chanyeol didn't want anything to be awkward between them because he noticed the change in Baekgyu's actions and words in these past few months, and he felt like Baekgyu was just warming up to him again.

It was weird, because with how different Baekgyu was acting recently, Chanyeol felt like he fell in love all over again and he wondered why it felt as if he fell in love with a completely different person. He'd be lying if he said he didn't love this Baekgyu more than the one before Tokyo.

He knew he shouldn't split his boyfriend up and say things like: 'him before and him after' but he couldn't help it when small things made him seem like a stranger—small things such as how the smaller carried himself when he walked. His steps were light as if he weighed nothing, and even if he looked like an angel, he'd eventually trip on something when he wasn't paying attention. One thing that Chanyeol adored the most was when the other would accidentally make eye contact with a stranger and he'd give them a shy smile before returning his gaze to the ground, as if he was embarrassed.

The thing that Chanyeol saw in his dreams and every time he closed his eyes was Baekhyun staring at him, his eyes a deep brown, and holding so much innocence. However, there was something that always seemed to be hiding under the surface, and Chanyeol recognized it because he'd seen it in his own reflection.

Chanyeol could name a hundred more things that he'd spotted—but it was strange how Chanyeol only seemed to fall harder when he noticed a difference.

Things were different, yes, but Chanyeol couldn't deny that he loved the man in his arms more than ever.

"Are you okay now?" Chanyeol asked gently and when he received no response, he peeked at Baekhyun's face and saw that he was sleeping.

Chanyeol wiped some stray tears from his soft cheeks and looked at the other for a few more moments before he slowly stood up, leaving the room and closing the door silently behind him. He washed his face and brushed his teeth before he made his way over to Yoora's room and entered without knocking, spotting her at her desk with her earphones in and laptop in front of her.

He tapped her on the shoulder after closing her door and she turned around with an irritated look.

She took one of her earphones out of her ear and spun her chair over to face Chanyeol. "What?" She questioned and Chanyeol sighed, sitting on her bed.

"Baekgyu heard us yesterday," Chanyeol mentioned and she seemed to look surprised for a millisecond before she just gave Chanyeol another blank stare.

"So he really has changed," she pointed out. "If he was the same as before, he would have just interrupted us and tried to throw me out of a window."

"He apologized," Chanyeol stated, ignoring Yoora's comment. "He told me the truth... And he said that he made a big mistake."

Chanyeol remembered Baekhyun's words and the way he was crying, and he suddenly felt as if it was his first time figuring out that his boyfriend had cheated on him.

"And what did you say?" She asked, giving a look that said: 'you better not have said the wrong thing.'

"I said that I forgive him and that the problem is over."

There was a silence in the room that Chanyeol had gotten too accommodated to when talking with Yoora. The silence usually always meant that the two were thinking—although to be honest, Chanyeol wasn't thinking at all.

Yoora eventually sighed and completely took out her earphones, placing the buds in her lap. "If the problem is really over," she began, looking at Chanyeol with a soft stare. "Why are you crying?" She finished, clearly talking about the tears falling out of his eyes.

"I just..." He trailed off, not knowing how to word his feelings. "I guess I still believed that it was a misunderstanding, you know?"

"No, I really don't know," Yoora denied. "Because of the fact that I've never had a boyfriend," she added to herself.

No matter how idiotic it was, for the two years where Baekgyu was in Tokyo, Chanyeol kept repeating to himself that it was just a misunderstanding and that Baekgyu hadn't moved on so quickly without him. He told himself that Baekgyu wasn't like that—but now that he had really confessed... Chanyeol just didn't know how to handle it.

In front of Baekhyun a few minutes earlier, he acted as if it didn't matter because he didn't want to cry and make Baekhyun even more worried.

Now that he was just with Yoora, he let himself feel the long overdue pain that he'd been warding off.

"I'm an idiot," Chanyeol spoke.

Yoora agreed wholeheartedly as she thought of ways to kill Baekgyu without Chanyeol knowing.

"I really should call you whipped," Yoora joked. "Hello Whipped, how's it going? I'm Yoora, a completely normal person who isn't whipped."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and laughed—which only sounded like a sob.

The silence overtook them again as Chanyeol closed his eyes, trying to think positively.

It's over now, Chanyeol repeated to himself. No need to be so upset.

"Chanyeol..." Yoora called. "Have you... Ever heard of the name Baekhyun?" She asked carefully.

Chanyeol found it oddly familiar, and he blamed it on a drama that he could have watched.

He shook his head and Yoora nodded in response. "I see..." She trailed off. "Strange."

Chanyeol gave her a confused look but she didn't say anything, seemingly lost in her own world.

"You know," Chanyeol spoke up, remembering something that he had noticed, "In these past four months, Baekgyu had never told me that he loved me," he stated and Yoora finally snapped out of it, returning her gaze to Chanyeol and not the teddy bear on the bed.

"Never? Not even once?" She asked and Chanyeol shook his head again. "Well, then make him say it," she answered simply. "Just tell him to say it, and you can decide how he truly feels by his expressions and emotions..."

Chanyeol nodded and copied Yoora's earlier actions, looking into space and wondering what it would feel like to just ask someone to say 'I love you' back.

Sure, it was a strange thing to ask someone, but maybe he should just do it for the heck of it.

It wouldn't hurt Baekgyu to just say those three words, would it?

"Now that we're done with this talk, get out of here," Yoora waved at her door and put her earphones back in her ears.

Chanyeol sighed and wiped his eyes again, standing up and walking back to his room. Even though he might've felt annoyed with Yoora's seemingly cold attitude, he was more grateful that she was so open to talk.

Once he entered his room, he vaguely noticed that the time was 8AM, but the thing he was really focused on was Baekhyun pacing around the room, looking like he'd already changed and washed up.

Baekhyun spotted Chanyeol and stopped the movement of his legs, looking at him.

"Good morning," Baekhyun greeted.

"Good morning," was Chanyeol's reply.

They stared at each other for a long ten seconds before Chanyeol made his way over to Baekhyun with careful footsteps.

"Did you sleep well?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun snorted.

"Yeah, amazingly well," he answered in a sarcastic voice and Chanyeol smiled, realizing that Baekhyun didn't look so sad anymore.

But even if Baekhyun wasn't feeling so sad anymore, Chanyeol needed to confirm something.

"Baek," Chanyeol said as a hand reached up to caress Baekhyun's cheek in a loving manner. "I need you to do me a favour."

Baekhyun leaned into the touch and smiled. "What favour?" He asked.

Chanyeol mentally prepared himself for the question he was going to ask and the possible reaction that he could get out of the smaller, telling himself that it was just a one-time thing.

"Tell me you love me," he proposed and he felt a little part of him break when Baekhyun's smile slipped off of his face.

Baekhyun gave him a stare that held no emotion, and Chanyeol's heart felt as if it was going to burst from how hard it was beating. What is he going to say? Why is he looking at me like that? Those types of questions were running through Chanyeol's mind, but they all stopped when a simple emotion filled Baekhyun's eyes.

Maybe he was wrong with what he was thinking, but he'd seen that emotion in the other's eyes before; when they went bowling, when they were together in the forest or when they were walking on the wintry sidewalks outside.

He felt his heartbeat calm down to normal because he knew, how could Baekgyu lie to him when he was looking at him like that? How could Chanyeol doubt the smaller's feelings for him when he kept looking at him with a stare filled with love? With Baekhyun's next words, he didn't know how to feel—disappointed, or ecstatic that his reply was more than he could ever imagine?

"...How about I just kiss you, instead?" 


Boiiiiiiii

Here is the promised chapter 12! I hope you're enjoying this right now and yes yes yes, Baekhyun didn't confess and (SPOILER ALERT) he doesn't confess for more than 3+ chapters... Sorry for that, but please don't get annoyed with this story, I just need a proper build up to it so that it's puuurfect! (I'm sorry that was really dumb haha) 

I really hope you like this story :)