Prologue

Sorry, Wrong Person

"I'm going off to a date with Chanyeol," Baekgyu mentioned and he waved in Baekhyun's face, causing the younger to scrunch up his face.

"Yeah, whatever, you love struck idiot." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Baekgyu laughed.

"Study well, I'll be back at around 10. Don't tell mom and dad where I'm going," he ordered and Baekhyun just clucked his tongue, tapping his pen on the surface of his desk.

"Just go away already, once you leave I can finally blast my SNSD," Baekhyun stated and Baekgyu waved one last time before he slipped out of the room, going down the stairs before leaving the house.

Baekhyun finished his last four math questions in 10 minutes and stood up from his chair, stretching out his arms and letting out small noises.

He walked over to his bed and flopped down onto the mattress, sighing in delight. He stared up at the ceiling and for a second he wondered what it felt like to be in a relationship, but he brushed it off and just kept repeating to himself that studies were more important than relationships—something that Baekgyu didn't realize.

Everytime Baekhyun did something remotely amazing, he'd only get a small pat on the back and one say of 'good job'. But if Baekgyu did one little thing, their parents would congratulate him and even offer to throw a party or buy him some expensive stuff that Baekhyun wish he had.

Baekhyun looked at the clock on his bedside table and sat up, ruffling his hair with his hands. He looked over at Baekgyu's side of the room and noticed the obvious difference.

Everything on Baekhyun's side was slightly more... Interesting. He had teddy bears here and there on his bed and desks, different coloured pens lying around on any surface possible, and picture frames of him and his friends hanging on the wall. Baekhyun's bed had only about a dozen pillows ranging from big to small, each one having a small design on it that Baekhyun loved. His blanket was light blue, and his pillows were any shade of blue that looked acceptable.

Baekgyu's side was considerably more neat. His desk was rid of any random loose leaf papers or stationary—unlike Baekhyun's—his bed only sported two pillows and a blanket, and his walls looked like they were supposed to be anti-decoration.

Their room was luckily bigger than average, so both boys had around the same amount of space.

Baekhyun's personality was mostly brighter than Baekgyu's, and he always tried to see the best in things. Baekgyu, however, gave up when he knew he could do nothing. He thought logically and rationally, something Baekhyun was guilty of not doing.

Baekhyun hugged one of his pillows and crossed his legs, sitting on the bed in thought.

He had only seen Baekgyu's boyfriend once or twice, but it was never up close because he didn't even know of Baekhyun's existence. Around Chanyeol or whatever, Baekhyun was like some secret case that he should never know of. His twin even went to the length of never letting Chanyeol go into their house.

For some reason, Baekgyu never wanted them to meet and he wanted to keep it that way forever. Occasionally, the older would randomly ask Baekhyun this or that, wanting to know his answer before grinning and saying thanks. One time, he asked what a good place for a date would be, and what a good one-year anniversary present would be. Baekhyun was reluctant in choosing an answer because he thought it was up to Baekgyu and his boyfriend, but eventually he gave in and answered what type of date he'd love to go on and what type of present he'd give his own boy or girlfriend, maybe in the near or far future.

After Baekgyu had went on the date Baekhyun had planned, he went home and thanked Baekhyun, telling him that his boyfriend was very happy with his choice.

Baekhyun fell back and grabbed his blanket at the edge of the bed, pulling it over his head. He fell asleep while curled into a ball, too tired to listen to SNSD like he had planned.

~

"He's what?!" Baekhyun exclaimed and their parents nodded excitedly. "He's going to Tokyo to study?!"

"Yup, we arranged for it to happen!" They smiled at each other before looking back at their two sons.

The smaller felt irritation spike inside of him as he looked over at the other Baek.

Baekhyun would never say it, but he was jealous.

He was so jealous of Baekgyu, and he always would be. Baekhyun always worked his off to even get his parents to do something for him, but here his twin was, going to do the things he wanted the most.

He balled his hand up into a fist and let out a sigh. "How long?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Two years," they replied and Baekhyun nodded.

He turned to Baekgyu again and gathered up all the cheeriness inside of him, forcing a smile onto his face. "Congratulations, twin bro." Baekhyun held up his fist and Baekgyu bumped it, grinning at him.

"Thanks, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun walked out of the room, and that night he had realized that Baekgyu was always the one saying thanks, and that it was never the other way around.

On the same night while lying in bed, Baekgyu spoke to Baekhyun, which was something that usually didn't happen when they were in bed.

"I don't know what to do, Baekhyun," he began and Baekhyun turned to his brother in the darkness, barely spotting the lump on the other bed. "I'm going to have to leave Chanyeol, and for two years. You know how I am with long distance... Last time I was with someone a city away, we couldn't keep it up for more than two weeks."

Baekhyun sighed and snuggled into his covers. "It'd be best if you just told him the truth and let him move on. That way he won't be wishing for something that won't happen."

"Yeah—but... But I really really like him, Baek. What if I came back after two years and... And we continued it? Maybe I could just ask him for a two-year break?" Baekgyu suggested and Baekhyun shook his head even if he knew his brother couldn't see.

"That's chaining him down, keeping him in place. That way, things would be worse than if you told him to move on. In those two years, he could find someone else to love, and maybe they might be better than you—no offense," Baekhyun stated and Baekgyu sighed.

"I guess you're right, but I'm not ready to give up yet. I promise that after those two years are over, I'm going to come back and steal his heart."

"Whatever you say..."

Baekhyun trailed off but didn't go to sleep just yet. His eyes were glued to the ceiling as his imagination took over, showing to him two years where he might finally be just a person rather than a twin.

Baekyun his side once he heard the quiet snuffling of his brother's breathing, indicating that he was fast asleep. He knew they looked alike, but Baekgyu looked strangely alien in the dark.

We're different. Baekhyun thought, thinking of their personalities and the small differences in their eyes.

No one can think we're the same person for long...
 

~
 

Two years later and Baekhyun was running around on a campus he had barely gotten time to memorize.

Everything around him was so grand, new people, new buildings, new friends. University really was different than high school.

Earlier that morning, he had gotten a call from his parents and Baekgyu, stating that his older brother had to stay back an extra year in Tokyo and would be coming back next September.

Baekhyun had come to miss his brother, but sometimes he appreciated having the room to himself.

Baekhyun looked at the map in his hand and stared at the building in front of him, wondering if it was the right one.

Just as he was about to make his way inside, he heard a voice calling for him.

"Baek, wait!" A deep voice called out, running to the small student with his long legs.

Baekhyun turned around in curiosity, wondering where in the world he's heard that voice before. He spotted an awkward looking giant sprinting towards him and he almost ran away in fear. The guy was looking straight at him. Who was he, and what did he want?

He finally caught up to Baekhyun and bent down, panting as he caught his breath. "Baek," he confirmed after he straightened and Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, giving him a look as if to say 'yes, go on'. The other grasped onto Baekhyun's hands so suddenly that Baekhyun almost yelped but he kept it in, listening to what the guy had to say. "I still love you."



 

What? 



 

Baekhyun tried to take his hands out of the guy's hold but he held on tight, staring at Baekhyun in the eyes.

Where had he seen this guy before?

He looked like he came straight out of a drama, and maybe he did. He had raspberry red hair, wide dark brown eyes, a cute nose, and perfect pink lips.

His hair stuck out in random directions because of his running, and Baekhyun noticed that his ears were slightly bigger than average.

"It's been two years, and I've been waiting for you," he started off and Baekhyun slowly felt the pieces stick together.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol grinned from ear to ear, showing off his white teeth

"So you do remember me," he breathed out and the look on his face was so happy and grateful that Baekhyun felt his heart flutter.

"I—I'm sorry, I'm not Baekgyu," Baekhyun stated and saw Chanyeol's face drop.

 

"What are you talking about?" He pouted and Baekhyun bit his lip.

"He's not here..."

"Why are you saying this?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

"I'm being serious, I don't even know you," Baekhyun half lied.

"But you just said my name..." Chanyeol mentioned and Baekhyun realized that yes, he had just said Chanyeol's name. He scolded himself for being so careless and messing up his only escape. "If this is your way of pushing me away, I won't accept it—"

"But I'm serious, I'm not him..." He trailed off and Chanyeol finally let go of Baekhyun's hands, looking at him intently. "Now, I have a class to get to so please leave me alone."

Baekhyun was about to leave before he saw Chanyeol's eyes and wanted to scream when he saw that they were beginning to water and he started panicking. "No no no, he's still in To—"

Before Baekhyun could even utter another word, two warm hands cupped his face and pulled him in, smashing lips to his.

Baekhyun's eyes widened, his hands hanging in the air awkwardly as what was happening slowly seeped in.

What the .

My twin brother's ex-boyfriend is kissing me.