The Triumph

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Up until now, passing by all the years of junior high and high school, Jaebum had never ever missed a single day of school. It wasn’t because he loves learning that much –even if he does enjoy filling his brain with the beauty of knowledge-, but it was just because if he doesn’t go to school then he will have to stay at home, and there’s nothing more depressing than the empty and lonely house he lives in. Therefor Jaebum feels kinda sneaky at the moment, sitting at a deserted table near the library’s reception, waiting for that someone who took his book to show up. He even feels the adrenaline running fast and hot in his veins at the only thought of finally doing something no one would expect of him, not a single drop of guilt in his conscious. Teachers will note he is missing today and probably will want some answers tomorrow, but well, tomorrow he will deal with it. After all, Jaebum has a perfectly viable excuse to miss classes. And no one can say that having a high probability of dying just today isn’t a good excuse to miss school.

The whisper of the nice morning's breeze slides through the open windows behind him, shaking the light green curtains kindly. The warm sunlight his back while Jaebum reads –without actually reading- some book he had manage to pick when he got here around 15 minutes ago. From time to time his anxious brown orbs lift up from the unknown content of the book, watching the old lady typing non-stop God knows what on the computer. The sound of her old and long fingers hitting fast against the keyboards rumble loudly in the mute room, making Jaebum a little bit annoyed. She hadn’t told him at what time the person has to return the book of spell and that’s exactly why Jaebum is sitting there right now. If she have given him that tiny and stupid fact, then it will be more relaxing –not entirely, though- to spend the last day he has to win the game and he would totally not be here now wasting his precious time. Complaining won’t change anything –less to better-, so Jabeum breathes deeply and turns his gaze down on the paragraphs once again.

Days had passed way too quickly for Jaebum's misfortune, and the final day had arrived way too lively for Jaebum's horrible mood. Sunny and moistened weather is a cruel combination for who had spent a terrible sleepless night, the shortest one in his entire life. It doesn’t matter how many times Jaebum begged, with all his soul and being, to God to make minutes move at a glacial speed, every time he glance at the clock suddenly a new hour had passed by and he hadn’t notice it at all. It seemed someone was playing with his mind awfully, and Jaebum couldn’t help but thought about him and his ability to change time as he pleases. Yet Jaebum knew the blonde demon hadn’t put his cute little hands on that, he has been playing fair –in his own and unique demon way- and there was no reason for him to start screwing things up just now. It wasn’t necessary, giving to the fact that Jaebum is far away from winning the game.  

He could’ve liked to have a one last moment with him, though. Jaebum thought about it most of the night, wishing secretly for him to listen to his unvoiced plead but obviously he never appeared. The last time he saw the blonde demon boy was that stormy Saturday night, and things ended quiet oddly between them; so Jaebum doesn’t want to see him just to die in his warm hands. He couldn’t say he has some, uh, affection for the demon boy, Jaebum had just got used to him and all his trickery that Jaebum almost feels him like a friend –‘almost’ because no one would want to kiss a friend as much as Jaebum wants to kiss the blonde demon-. He had even opened up to him a little bit and told him about his parents, Jaebum is sure that’s something majorly important and he shared it with him because, even if he could never admitted it, the demon also sees him as a friend… or at least he feels comfortable enough with Jaebum. That’s why if he is going to die today he wants to have a nice memory with the demon before his heart stops beating.

“Why am I already giving up?” Jaebum asks himself, his plump lips pressing tight. “I can’t lose, there’s just no way.” He thinks, hearing the distracting murmur of heavy doors opening at the distance.

Brown eyes shift hurriedly, placing their complete attention on the person who had just entered the library. A thin and curios eyebrow lifts at the sight of an old but healthy Priest walking calmly to the receptionist, his silver hair slightly tousled by the playful summer breeze. Jaebum's gaze instantly drops to the man’s wrinkled and white hands, finding them holding tightly the book which bring back his steady heartbeats. In a very fascinating way everything clicked in his head at that moment, and Jaebum felt more than stupid for not thinking about it in the first place. Who else could borrowed a book of spell for three weeks straights if it wasn’t a Priest? There’s no point in reproaching himself right now, the book is here and nothing else should matter. But curiosity had already started to gnaw his mind and Jaebum wants to know for what did the Priest borrowed that book. Something tells Jaebum he must find out.

And he will, indeed. His life is on game and if a Priest can’t give him the answer he is yearning for, then Jaebum can just wait for his moment to arrive once and for all. Chills spread slowly under his skin at that idea, but Jaebum pushes that possibility to the back of his head while he rather just set his all attention on the old lady and the Priest talking at the moment. His brown and sharp eyes watch in detail how the man leaves the book of spell upon the wooden surface of the reception’s desk, making the old lady type noisily loud one more time. Her fingers stop when she finds the record and Jaebum thanks to Heavens for that, seeing her smiling gently to the Priest who returns the kind smile before turning around and calmly leaving the room.

Waiting for the right moment Jaebum contemplates the big doors of the library opening ever so slowly, causing an intense rush of impatience shooting through his anatomy. Jaebum tenses in the uncomfortable chair, noticing how slightly irregular his breathing is as he waits almost desperate for those heavy doors to closed. It was just a murmur when they did and the Priest was out the room, but to Jaebum it was the most melodious sound he had ever heard. A fake nice smile pints upon his lips in the exact same moment he stands up and walks to the receptionist, bowing politely to her and quickly placing his anxious hands on the book upon the desk.

-Good morning!- Jaebum greets, probably louder of what he would’ve like to sound. -Can I take this book home?- he asks immediately, he must look so obvious right now but he can’t care any less.

-Good morning, my dear. And yes, of course you can.- the lady smiles and Jaebum smiles even wider, knowing she doesn’t remember him at all and that’s more than great.

He made sure to give all the woman needed to know in less than two minutes, and thanks to her fast typing Jaebum was soon enough walking out the library with the book of spells in his backpack and his heart beating insanely faster at each new step he takes. The Priest can’t be too far away, Jabeum thinks as the morning breeze his face while he crosses the front garden, because the old mal seemed quite calm and his walking was rather slow; like if he didn’t had any rush to make whatever he has to do. Crossing the iron gates of the school building Jaebum's brown orbs turn from left to right repeatedly, letting a soft smirk curled in his painting lips when he catched the image of the Priest turning just on the next corner.  

The nice scent of summer invades his lungs and soul as Jaebum breathes deeply, retaking the walking and heading towards his right where the old man had just disappeared. Turning on that same corner and seeing the nice Priest long steps ahead of him Jaebum grips the straps under his sweaty fingertips, feeling somewhat uneasy as realization hits him like cold water. What he is doing at the moment could be considerate stalking and Jaebum does feel like that… but yet again, his life is on game and he just can’t lose. Having that strong thought in mind Jaebum breathes out silently, crossing the street and finally seeing the church this man must serve appearing just a few tall building afar.

Slowering down the speed of his impatient feet Jaebum sees the Priest crossing the tall and slightly creepy doors of the House of God, making him feel a little bit guilt. He will go inside there with a book of spell –which is ‘dark magic’ and that’s basically a sin-, he will also most likely lie to the Priest about his curiosity for the book –another unforgivable sin- and like if all that wasn’t terrible enough Jaebum will cross those holy doors after he wanted to kiss not only someone from his same gender but someone who is also a demon. He will be more than lucky if he doesn’t set on fire at the same instant of putting a foot in that place. Jaebum shakes his head then, pushing once more time those unnecessary thoughts to the darkness of his head before his feet move again; leading him closer and closer to the big and old church standing now in front of him.

Jaebum swallows hard, saying to himself this is his last option to win and stay alive. He does feels awful, he really does; but God understands him… doesn’t He? A shaky sigh barely laves his dry lips then, before pushing the wooden doors and finally going inside the church. A new yet old familiar scent receives him, waking up rather unhappy memories of his childhood in places like this. Ever since he was a little kid Jaebum had always found churches creepy. Everything inside this place was just so terrifying for him: the sculptures, the paintings, the rough wooden furniture, the sacred singing, the mute and devout air, the people responding at the same time with low voice; the whole celebration was a torture. To be honest Jaebum hated churches and all what happens inside there quite much in his young days. He even remembers crying to his parents, begging them with his heart about to stop beating because of the fear to not take him there on Sundays morning. Obviously it never worked, and Jaebum had taken some instant rejection to everything relate to church and religion per se. However that changed and calmed down along he was growing up, and Jaebum thought he had got over it when he reached his teen days. Evidently, he didn’t.

Or at least not entirely, because he can feel now a bitter taste going down his throat as he walks carefully through the left side of the room. With the wooden seats in the middle conforming two long rows Jaebum doesn’t have much space to move, and he knows it sounds insane but he feels like if the dead eyes of those sculptures and paintings set around the place are following his every moves, sending chill after chill down his spine. Yes, this was exactly why he hated coming to church. Taking a deep breathe Jaebum inadvertently walks faster, catching the sitting figure of the Priest on one of the front seats. He seems to be prying, Jaebum notices while he silently gets closer to the old man; watching his hands holding softly a rosary, his long fingers moving slowly from one pearly pellet to another.     

Letting a mute sigh pass through his lips Jaebum sits down beside the Priest, facing him to call his complete attention. –Good morning, Father.- he greets, as nicely as he can manage to be.            

-Good morning, son.- the man answers without looking back, his kind and calm tone doesn’t really surprise Jaebum much. -Why have you come?- he asks, kissing the rosary and saving it into his pocket.

-Well, I need help…- Jaebum nervously starts but he doesn’t show it, seeing the Priest's old yet warm eyes finally place on him. -…With my Ancient History project.- he lies, a crooked smile painted in his lips.

-Oh but I’m not that old, son.- the man jokes, his smooth and sweet laugh echoing softly against the thick walls.

-Uh, I-I didn’t mean that.- Jaebum apologizes and bows, pretty much showing his nervousness. –Actually it’s because my theme is… ummm… demons, and I didn’t found much information in books.- he does tells the truth this time, just in part.

-Demons…?- the Priest wonders and frowns confuse. -Isn’t that such a rare theme for a project?- he asks, making Jaebum feels even more nervous.

-It is, indeed.- Jaebum answers, somehow still being composed. –But it’s Ancient History after all. And one of the most important projects so I guess it shall be difficult.- he lies again, amazingly calmed and even a little bit nice.

-I supposed, but it is still quite rare.- the Priest comments concerned, a high worried and curios tone ringing in his soft voice.

-Ummm, Father, can you tell me if you can help me? I don’t have much time left.- Jaebum tells, starting to feel impatient and afraid that this man can see through his lie.

The Priest by his side seems to considerate it deeply, making Jabeum terrible nervous and desperate in those silent moments. But then he sees him nod, smiling softly before he speak again. -Of course I can help you, son. What do you need to know?- 

-Well…- Jaebum mumbles, thinking where he should begin. – I know there are two types of demons, and I know how low-class demons are but can you tell me something about high-class demons?- he asks, turning on his cellphone and opening some app to start typing the answer.

-It’s surprising you know that much.- the man comments, yet his expression shows something alike to doubt.

-A friend of mine in the States manged to get some information, but it wasn’t more than just that.- he tells and smiles calmly, knowing the Priest must be already suspecting something.

-I see…- he murmurs, nodding silently for himself. –Actually, I don’t know much more than that either.- he says, with an apologetically expression painting upon his worn-out factions.

-What?- Jaebum asks, louder of what he had should; feeling the World crumbling down on him.

-The Vatican is extremely careful with this topic, son. Only Exorcists know as much and Asia isn’t the place to look for one. Most of them are in Europe and America, and I’m sure even them don’t know everything about demons.- the Priest comments, sounding truly sincere.

-But… but… there must be something else you know, Father.- Jaebum insists, trying to no panic but he probably does look like that.

-Well…- the old man sighs, thinking hard about it. –I just know high-class demons live on Earth. They are mostly Kings Demons, but there are also Noble King Demons as well and their kingdoms are the source of their powers. There’s no more than that, son.- he explains, looking at the young boy without nothing more to tell.

-”Noble King Demons”?- Jaebum repeats, knowing BamBam didn’t talked about that.

-Yes. The King Demons are the sons of the Devil; they have ‘royal’ blood. While Noble King Demons are the demons who had proven to Satan they should be His sons. That’s the only difference.- the Priest informs, his calm voice ringing loudly serious.

-Proven? So they are… really, really strong.- Jaebum comments astonish, not even in his most ridiculous ideas he could’ve thought something like that.

-More of what any Human can imagine.- the old man adds, making it sound like if they were worse than any other beast.

-Ummm…- Jaebum hums, his lips slowly as he wonders which of those two types his blonde demon is.

“Well, any of them is pretty much dangerous” he thinks, feeling somewhat afraid but highly curious to find out. “Wait, the book! The book must say so!” he remembers, softly taking off his backpack.

-I’m really sorry for not being so helpful, son.- the Priest apologizes, his nice voice rumbling softly around the silent Altar.

-It’s okay, Father. What you had told me is really important.- Jaebum smiles, ping the bag. –But I found this book in the school’s library and there’s a part in Latin, maybe it says something?- he comments, taking out the book of spells and quickly searching the page.

-How did you found that?!- the Priest exclaims, loud and angry, standing abruptly as his shock eyes stare at the book.    

-At the library… I was searching information for my project and I found it.- Jaebum answers softly, trying to be as innocent as he can.

The Priest breathes out heavily, the tense expression on his pale face soften as the warm color bright up his factions once again. Sitting silently back on the wooden seat the man looks up, seeing pass through the tall Altar at the figure of Christ on the Cross, perhaps mentally prying to Him to give him strength for what he will have to confront just now.

-Look, son… that book isn’t something you should play with.- the Pries says looking back at the black haired boy, his voice low and dead serious. –I’ve been analyzing it for more than six months now, and I still cannot believe how someone could possibly make that book. And how it ended in a school’s library.- he comments, sounding so terribly astonish.

“Six months? Analyzing?” Jaebum thinks, not really understanding. -Why are you analyzing it? Isn’t this just a silly book of spells? Nothing inside here must be true.- he says with a mild joking tone, trying to fake he doesn’t know anything.

-Young man, I told you that book isn’t something you should play with.- the Priest repeats, his severe stare making Jaebum shiver afraid. –Even if the spells aren’t exactly harmful there is something which makes that book highly dangerous.- the man tells, his dark eyes lowering to the open book quite intensely.

-Father, are you implying that with this book I can actually summon… something?- Jaebum plays dumb, knowing the book doesn’t specify what you will summon.

-It is not just something, son. It’s a King Demon, a Noble King Demon… one of the stronger ones.- the Priest comments, his slow voice suddenly turning slightly unsettled.

-H-how do you know?- Jaebum mumbles, his tone shaking thanks to the not so good news. “A Noble King Demon… who lives in the forest… but what about the rest of the riddle?” he wonders, joining the dots but still not having his winning answer.

-Well, do you see this three symbols?- the old man asks, one of his long fingers placing at the top of the star’s points; having a short nod as a respond. –If you look at it with a loupe, you can see those little draws are letters.- the Priest tells, taking out from his pocket a little loupe and placing it upon the paper.

“So I was right” Jaebum thinks, remembering the only time he examined the draw. -But what do these letter means?- he inquires, his curious brown eyes looking back at the man sitting beside him.

-Those are the initials of ‘Noble King Demon’ in Latin.- the Priest answers, saving the loupe back on his pocket. –And also, the chant says so as well.- he adds, his soft fingers intertwining in a tight grip.

-In this long text just says it’s a Noble King Demon? Nothing else?- Jaebum wonders surprised and slightly desperate. The chant is his only hope to solve the riddle. It just has to tell more than that.

-Well, no. It says more than just that. But I can’t read it out loud, son… God’s knows what could happen.- the Father comments, making the sign of the cross as his gaze was once again place on the distance figure of Christ.

“Nothing would happen because I already summoned him” Jaebum snarls in his mind, getting tired of waiting so long to know if he will win or die tonight.

-Then can you write it down for me, Father?- Jaebum asks with a pleading smile, taking out a notebook and a pencil and handing them to the man.

A tired sigh leaves the dry lips of the Priest, while his white hands take the notebook and the pencil. The ink quickly was staining the pure paper, running slow and clam under the delicate handwriting of the Father; making Jaebum happier and more anxious than he had never felt in his entire life. There is something which whispers into his ears that this is it. He will win with this and there’s no way he will be death tonight when the clock hits midnight… and just because of that he pushed the soft but worried voice of the Priest at the back of his head, with no consideration.

-I must warn you again, son. You should not play with this.-

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

The nice breeze of a summer night slides from the opened windows of a particular bedroom, someone’s soft skin with a playful touch. Lying on the mattress Jaebum  breathes calmly, his brown orbs running delightful upon the beautifully written story of some new book he had bought long time ago. The sun had set around four hours, and this was the fifth book Jaebum  is anxiously reading. He is waiting, impatiently waiting for the blonde demon to arrive and see his handsome face twisted by shock. Because, yes, Jaebum is sure he is the one triumphant tonight and he is dying to see him all frustrated and furious. A ‘pity’ human like him winning over a powerful demon like him, that’s something the entire galaxy should be aware of. Yet Jaebum is not greedy, and watching the blonde demon grumbling cutely about it is enough for satisfice his ego.    

-I could’ve never guessed it.- Jaebum murmurs, smirking softly as he remembers about what the chant says. –Now the riddle makes sense.- he comments, turning the page and fixing the pillow under his head for a more comfortable position.

But suddenly the book was flying away from his hands, as a rather light weight falls kindly upon his lap. The smirk on Jaebum's lips grows impishly wider while his shining brown orbs meet with those deep onyx eyes of the blonde boy straddling him.

-If I’m not wrong, and I’m sure I’m not, it’s 11PM of the last day… why are you smirking so happily if you are going to die, human?- he asks, faking such a cute confuse tone of voice.

-Perhaps because I’m sure I’m not going to die?- Jaebum answers playing along, watching in detail how those full lips smirk as well.

-Are you implying I’m going to lose, human?- the demon wonders, his black eyebrows frowning sarcastic.

-Well, I’m more than sure I’m gonna win. So… yeah.- Jaebum smirks some more, his white teeth shining under the room’s light.

Quite contrary of the reaction the black haired boy was waiting for –a scream, an insult, or even a punch- the blonde boy just  his pink lips; slowly lowering till his calm breathes was one more time colliding harmoniously against his contractor’s slightly agitated one. Jaebum shudders eagerly, blood rushing in his veins and making his heart beat excited. Will he finally kiss him? Jaebum wish so, hardly.

-If you know what demon I am, human… aren’t you scared?- he whispers, ever so slow and low, making the black haired boy grip the sheets tightly.

-No, I’m not. How can I be scared when you are so cute?- Jaebum whispers back, if he wants to play to seduction then Bring.It.On.

-Well, there is a reason why I am so cute…- the demon murmurs, lips barely brushing against the black haired boy’s. –Demons should make humans sin, shouldn’t we?- he smiles, his intense black orbs never moving from those brown orbs.

-You should, and indeed you did. But as a high-class demon, you didn’t really have to. Am I special or something?- Jaebum smirks calmly, somehow getting strength to hold back his desires.

-You are, or perhaps you are not… who knows?- the blonde demon whispers, white fangs picking from the corner of his mouth as he smiles mockingly wider.

-You know.- Jaebum whispers back with a firm tone of voice, his darker brown eyes staring intensely at those deep black orbs.

- Precisely.- he smirks mischievous. -Too bad you will never know.- he comments, as a rosy and moister tongue run slowly over those full lips; teasingly touching Jaebum's as well.

-If I were you I wouldn’t play all my cards on that, demon.- Jaebum comments casually, his sneaky fingers covertly strolling up the demon’s thighs.

-And if I were you I would put my hands away right now, human.- he hisses, quite y in Jaebum's opinion, trembling mildly under the boy’s hot fingertips.

-Well, isn’t just great I'm not you?- Jaebum smirks softly, his brown eyes giving him a daring look while his hands run up to the demon’s hip.

-Where does this whole confidence come from? You have always been quite a scarycat around me.- the blonde boy asks, one of his eyebrows arching amused.

-Maybe the first time I saw you, but after that I don’t think so. I insist, you are too cute to be scared of.- Jaebum breathes out heavily on purpose, caressing those plump lips and feeling him shudder under his touch yet again.

-Are you attached to me in any kind of way, human?- he wonders cheekily, his eyebrows frowning curious.

-No, of course no. But you are seducing me…- Jaebum whispers, his lips and slightly his.

-And you are letting me…- the demon adds, showing his perfect fangs through a tempting smirk.

-Well, that’s because I want to have some fun.- Jaebum grins, feeling warm little hands slowly running up his chest.

-Some fun, huh?- he murmurs, eyes shining mischievous as his hand tilted the boy’s handsome face to the left. -Shall we start, then?- he asks, letting his nose wonder in delight through the human’s addicting soft neck.

Jaebum barely could nod at that question, feeling his heartbeats accelerating at an alarming speed while those full lips ghost over the skin of neck; making his self-control shake dangerously.

-You know? I can sense how fast and hot your blood rush through your veins.- he comments with a soft and alluring tone of voice, his wet tongue carefully the trace of a vein under the velvet skin. –It makes me hungry…- he murmurs, making the boy shiver.

-What do you mean with ‘hungry’?- Jaebum wonders, gripping tightly the slim waist of the demon on top of him; hearing him chuckle low.

-Tell me what type of demon am I, and you will find out.- the blonde demon whispers seductively in the black haired boy’s ear, smirking ever so mischievous.

Gripping the smooth fabric of the demon’s shirt Jaebum close his eyes and sighs deeply, a mix of anxiety and fear making his inside flutter. What the hell does he mean with ‘hungry’? And how will the fun being? Will he ing kiss him finally? Jaebum feels his blood boiling to feel those pink lips bond with his, and the only fantasy of what could that naughty tongue do dries his mouth and excite him more of what he already is. An eager shiver slides down his spine when those sharp fangs graze his sensible skin ever so softly, turning Jaebum on pretty much. Hearing how irregular his breathing is Jaebum swallows hard, searching fast the words in his already blurry mind to end with this game and let another more interesting start.

-You are a high-class demon. A Fox demon… The Noble King Demon of the Frozen Forest.-

Words left his mouth in a loud but calm whisper, being replaced for a low and pleasurable moan when those white and sharp fangs sink into the delicate skin of the base of his neck. Jaebum now understand what he meant with ‘hungry’, but the black haired boy doesn’t really understand why he must do it. His pierced flesh burns intensely and Jaebum can feel clearly how his blood is by those long fangs. His big hands grip tightly the boy’s waist -surely leaving red bruises on his pale skin- to try to push him away but he keeps for a little longer until he finally stops and those sharp fangs are once again hide behind those tempting lips while the blonde demon’s tongue kindly the damage zone. A soft smile paints in Jaebum 's lips because of that act, feeling somewhat appreciated. His tired eyes fall of closed, not resisting the exhaustion any longer, dragging him to an instant slumber; barely letting Jaebum's hear his King’s last words.

-Now we are fully connected.-