First Encounter

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Hey guys! Sorry of chap 1 was boring, I think chap 2 is a little better~ I hope you like it! 

Thanks for subscring and leaving comments! I'm happy you are excited about his even if it isn't cute and such, you guys rock! ^^


Life have never been more, huh, curios to Jaebum than now. Days and nights had passed since that particular noon in the library, yet nothing have actually happened. It is not like he had been waiting for something to happen, God no, it’s just those events were pretty much real to be a mare construction of his mind out of tireness. Maybe hallucinations? He hardly thinks so, since hallucinations don’t come out of nowhere in a perfectly healthy young man as himself. It was neither a dream, or a nightmare, because he had come back to the library just the noon after and the book was there, lying alone in the small table where Jaebum left it before rushing out the place after that creature had vanished in front of his incredulous eyes.

A mild, unnecessary tingle slowly runs down his spine as Jaebum remembers him. Everything in him looked so real, even his soft yet deep voice talking with elegant sarcasm has been echoing in the back of his head like a broken record. His white skin seemed so perfect, but pale and cold as snow and even though it was quiet attractive. And how can Jaebum forget those eyes? Dark as the deepest of the ocean and sharp as the blade of a sword, yet still fascinatingly intriguing and absurdly beautiful with that small, perfect mole under the right one. There is no physical way, no rational way to explain that what happened a week ago was indeed reality… but facts are facts and it did happened. It was real, it is, in some unknown way which makes Jaebum too curious about it.

To the murmur of the chalk hitting against the blackboard as the teacher writes some new formula his lost sight focus in the intricate numbers and complex draw, calmly transferring it to the notebook under his pen. Friday has come again but his Ancient History teacher hasn’t, Jaebum heard it was because some problem, and in replacement for those free ours they send their Math teacher; who luckily was off duty at the moment. Math was one of his favorite subjects, not only because he has no hardships to understand any topic but also because, basically, every single thing in life is relate to Math and that makes it more entertaining than other unnecessary subjects; like Physical Education or Art.

His impassive brown orbs look down once the teacher was done writing the equations, while a little sly smirk curved at the corner of his plump lips. Playing with the pen in his fingers for a while Jaebum takes a glance to the clock, setting five minutes as his top to finish the whole thing. Decipher those formulas was a child’s play for him, and soon enough for his ego to remain impeccable the problems were perfectly solved. It is not that he is a genius, not that he is far away from that either, but Jaebum is fully aware of how good and capable he is; so giving himself some credit is the logical thing to do. He drops the heavy pen above the soft notebook, sighing mutely as his eyes lift; watching his classmates having some difficulties he didn’t have.

A condescending smile ghost over his face as he watch them for a few more seconds… but is quickly erased from his features when his brown eyes turned to look out the window. There, in the only tree near this classroom, a boy hangs upside down holding just by one branch. His bare foot and bare hands keep him in place, defying gravity blatantly. Cold shivers spread in his skin, Jaebum can feel his own calm breathing decreasing as the air keeps trap in his lungs and every area of his brilliant brain suddenly turned blank as he just can’t believe what he is seeing. He blinks, over and over again, hoping with all his being to wake up from this nightmare he surely had fallen. But sadly Jaebum knows he is not asleep, and unluckily Jaebum could never mistake those eyes. He has returned.

“Finally, human! Do you know how long have I been hanging here?” out of nowhere that velvet yet low voice resonates in his head, freezing his blood.

His brown, still incredulous eyes open wide in shock; seeing into those dark ones which stare back at him completely stoics.

“What…?” Jaebum thinks, not believing this is not a nightmare.

“What part of my question you did not understand?” he asks, and even in Jaebum's head he sounds irritated.

Staring at the demon far away from him Jaebum swallows nervously, moving his gaze just a second to see the rest of the class totally oblivious to the creature out there.

“You can read my mind?” he wonders curiously, trying to stay calm and not freak out just right now.

“How stupid can humans be?” he murmurs annoyed, Jaebum thinks is for himself. “We are just communicating with our gazes. In other way you could read my mind as well, genius.” He tells, so mockingly sarcastic.

Letting another silent sigh pass through his lips Jaebum rests his head in his hand, gradually sensing his body relaxing. Talking with a demon through their glances is nothing common for Jaebum –talking with a demon is no common for Jaebum per se- yet maybe it is because he looks like any other boy and not as a monster out of an exorcism movie that Jaebum can somewhat digest without much troubles what’s happening at the moment.

“Why are you here, anyways? And why do you show up after a week?” he asks confuse, watching amused how his dark eyebrow twitch surely in annoyance.

“If you want answers, get out of there immediately” he orders, his low voice wandering softly through the black haired boy’s head.

“I can’t get out as I please, I’m in class” Jaebum thinks with an obvious tone, and he almost can see the demon boy grinding his teeth.

“What the Hell it’s that?!” he exclaims, losing his patience.

Arching an eyebrow Jaebum looks at him with slightly mocking eyes. Yes, like any other boy indeed.

“You don’t know?” he inquiries, probably too amused for the demon’s like.

“ it. Just tell me when it is over” he somewhat hisses, demanding a quick answer.

Turning his eyes to look at the clock Jaebum calmly place them back on those onyx orbs, trembling almost unnoticed at how amazingly attractive they are.

“50 minutes.” he responds simply, feeling somewhat drown in those intense orbs.

It is like some sort of magic, Jaebum believes, because the feeling he has as he stares into those deep eyes is a feeling he have never had before. Strange and curios as it is, Jaebum could not complaint about it. There is something in the demon’s eyes which is enchanting him, making time stop and blurring his surroundings, giving the sensation of being far away. Jaebum can’t tell with precise exactitude what is it, there’s no shine in those dark orbs, no warm emotions and less a glitz of life in them. But they are fascinating, they hide something, Jaebum thinks so, and even if they look like the darkness no one wants to confront Jaebum would be glad to get lose there all the time.

The noisy sound of the distant bell ringing loud around the building call his attention, bring him out from those black seas which were consuming him. The hectic bustle occurring in the classroom, just like in the entire school, slightly startled Jaebum who slowly turn his gaze away; watching the Math teacher walking out the room leaving only him behind. The murmur of people stomping their way out echoes quietly through the walls and hallways, reaching his ears and causing Jaebum to blink dumbfounded. A minute or so ago there was still plenty of time till the end of classes, and now the place is completely empty. Did 50 minutes evaporated just like that?

-How…?- Jaebum murmurs confuse, passing his curios eyes along the empty classroom and confirming that indeed he was the only one there.

Rushing his brown orbs out the window Jaebum sees him still handing in the tree, yet this time he can’t miss the wide smirk playing in those full lips. Jaebum didn’t remember they were so pink the first time he saw them, bright pink as the color of a blooming rose. He swallows calmly, seeing white fangs brushing over them; and finally his dark eyes looks up. Their glances meet, their minds connect, and Jaebum can’t help but feel a small, annoying shiver shaking his skin.

“Now human, get out” he says, or better said demand, his smooth voice sounding like a whisper.

“You did it? You can control time?” Jaebum wonders amazed, watching the demon rolling his eyes at the question.

“I won’t repeat myself.” He hisses, and without warning he wasn’t in sight any longer.

Sighing heavily Jaebum stands up, picking up the notebooks and textbooks to rush them inside his backpack. The silent noise of the steps he takes while he walks through the desert hallways barely rumbles in his ears, unlike the fast beating of his heart which for some curios reason have started pounding anxious in his rib cage. It is annoying to Jaebum, such odd sensation; his heart had never rise out of a sudden like in this instant. Jaebum choose to ignore it, crossing the front doors of the building and feeling the gentle touch of the summer breeze his features ever so nicely. But ignoring his pounding heart was useless when his eyes look at the tall gates of the school, finding a blonde boy waiting for him.

His heart beats faster at each step he takes, it is annoying indeed and Jaebum feels pretty much irritated about it, yet also quite frustrated. Maybe it is because of the fact that he is a demon? Jaebum can’t really assure that, he is not afraid of him –even if when they met he wasn’t exactly thrilled- and to tell the truth there is an intriguingly enjoyable sensation tickling him inside now that they can stand in front of each other. The mix of sensation is almost impossible to put in coherent words but perhaps, unconsciously, he did believe in what happened last week and got used to the idea of knowing a demon. It sounds insane, and probably it is.

-Why took you so long? You better don’t make me wait never again, human.- he tells once Jaebum had reach him. Those onyx orbs piercing dark brown ones.

-I’m… sorry.- Jaebum apologizes, not really wanting it to; feeling slightly uneasy now.

-Anyways…- the demon sighs slowly. -Do you have anywhere to go? I hate this place and the smell of those things will kill me!- he exclaims grumpy, pointing out at the cars passing by in the street.

-Ummm yes, we can go to my house.- Jaebum tells, trying to ignore how awkward this feels. –But just one question, can other people see you?- he asks, biting back a chuckle at how the boy covers his mouth and nose because of the unpleasant smell of fuel.       

-Of course they can, this is my human form.- he answers with a somewhat mocking obvious tone, making the black haired boy curiouser.

-So this is not the real you?- Jaebum wonders just to make sure, ignoring that bitter taste sliding down his throat.

- Evidently. I am a demon, how can this be the real me?- he frowns maybe feeling offended, yet sounding amusedly irritated.

-Okay, I understand. Let’s get going. There are a lot of things I want to ask you.- Jaebum smirks and turns around, starting to walk calmly thought the sidewalk.

But suddenly the boy he thought was following him behind stands right in front of him, those dark eyes staring intensely at his nervous brown ones.

-Let’s make things clear since the very beginning, human...- he mumbles, low and husky, his amazingly warm breathe caressing Jaebum's plump lips as he talks. – One: when you have a question, you ask permission to make it; and only when I accept you shall ask. Two: you don’t give me orders, you do what I say. And three: you don’t argue, you shut up and listen. Understood?-

Cold shivers run down on Jaebum spine then, as he closed his eyes for a moment to not let him know how uneasy he feels rights now. It isn’t because of how intimidating the demon sounds, oh well in part it is, but overall the thing which makes Jaebum tremble in nervousness is his breathe. The demon looks so cold, with his pale skin and lifeless black eyes; yet still Jaebum sense how warm he is. Not only his breathe ghosting over his mouth but also his body, almost pressing against Jaebum, it feels hotter of what he thought the first time they met. Swallowing silently his dark eyes open, looking relax into those onyx orbs.

-Understood.- he says, low and soft, watching that left dark eyebrow twitch surly annoyed.

He is… kinda easy to tease” Jaebum notices, after they gazes had part and the younger boy had taken the place beside him.

-Then, you lead.- he orders with a sharp tone of voice, and at the corner of his eyes Jaebum can see him crossing his arms.

A short nod was all Jaebum did before taking the lead. Thought the bothersome sound of the street he still could hear the mute steps of the boy following behind, even if he is walking just barefoot. Taking a deep breathe Jaebum let himself chuckle softly, why on Earth was he the one who accidentally had to summon a demon? Life is indeed so curios. He doesn’t know if he should feel lucky or unlucky, because it can be as good as bad for him, but it is definitely entertaining, at least.  He has the feeling that life will not be boring anymore as long the demon is with him, but on the back of his mind Jaebum is very aware this is like playing with fire… and he is not so sure if he can handle the pain if he turn out burned.

Pushing that unnecessary thought aside Jaebum cross the street, passing by the nice café near his house. The place is always full of women. From really young ones with their mothers, till girls around his age and older, mature women equally beautiful. Some faces are pretty much familiar to Jaebum, yet he has never talk with any of them. He always walks by in his way to school or at time like this when he goes back home; bowing politely to the waitresses and flashing a charming smile for all the audience. Today is not the exception, and they look at him hungrily waiting for his false display of seductiveness. He grants their wish and does his trick, catching cheeks blushing bright red and hearing some mesmerized sighs as all that short path was over. A playful smirk paints upon his lips then, it’s not like he is an egocentric; but the reaction of those women never fails to amuse him.

-Human…- but the fun is over when that soft voice calls out for him in a weak murmur which barely reached his ears.

Confused Jaebum turns to look back, seeing the demon boy leaning against the nearest wall. His blonde head is looking down, and his small but slim body seems to be trembling yet still the summer breeze blows nicely around them.

-Huh, are you okay?- Jaebum wonders slightly worried, only placing a hand on his shaking shoulder before the smaller boy collapse in his arms. -H-hey! What happen?!- He exclaims, this time truly worried.

-The smell… I can’t… somewhere else…- he mumbles low and nothing coherent, breathing quite irregular.

The words the young demon said earlier about the smell of fuel rumbles in his head loudly, and noticing how hard it is for him to breathe right now Jaebum carefully lifts him up in his arms; walking as fast as he can through the crowded sidewalk. Turning down the corner Jaebum finally reaches home, and he manage to open the door as quick as he can. As ironic as it sound Jaebum thanks God his parents are in another business trip, or in a different scenario he would not know how to explain the situation. Passing by the silent living room and the empty kitchen the black haired boy walks up the stairs, following the path of the hallway and then reaching out his bedroom. The noisy sound of the door closing with a sharp push overshadows the mild murmur of the blonde demon being kindly laid in the bed, and just Jaebum's heavy sigh was all it could be heard in the room.

-My God, what’s up with him?- Jaebum mumbles confused and more worried of what he would like, looking at the passed out demon on his own bed.

Seeing his handsome features completely relax Jaebum kneel down in front of the bed, having a closer look and a more comfortable position. He is indeed very good looking; Jaebum could never deny that fact. His pale skin is perfect, seems so soft at the touch and surely it's as warm as his breathe. His funny eyebrows Jaebum had made twitch today are black but not too thick; his eyelashes are short and thin and his eyelids are perfectly white as the rest of his skin. The tiny mole under his right is adorable, so perfectly round and so perfectly placed. His straight nose is small but pointy, quite cute in Jaebum's opinion. His slightly parted lips are very pink, very pink indeed, contrasting harmoniously with the snow-like color of his face. They are full, plump and look quite kissable. Jaebum can’t help but imagine finding that out.

-For God’s sake, what am I thinking?- Jaebum face-palm himself, feeling how his mouth had dried at some point.

-I don’t have a ing clue, but how do you dare to name God in front of me, human?- a husky voice says, echoing dreamy in his ears.

Lifting his surprised eyes Jaebum meet with black ones which stare at him intensely. He swallows and breathes out calmly, begging to Heavens for the demon to not have any funny ideas about what he was doing a moment ago… Uh, that is pretty much ironic again.

-Good, you are awake. I never thought demons could be sensitive to the smell of fuel.- Jaebum comments casually, ignoring the boy’s last remark.

-The heck are you talking about, human?- he asks with a confuse ring in his soft voice, sitting slowly on the bed.

-When you said “the smell of those things will kill me” and pointed out the cars. That’s the smell of fuel.- Jaebum explains as clear as he can, sitting on the floor for more comfort.

-That’s not it. What knocked me out was the smell of those females. That was disgusting.- the demon grumps, brushing his nose like if he was trying to erase the smell from his memory.

-The women in the café? But… they didn’t smell at all.- Jaebum comments somewhat puzzled, looking into those onyx orbs which stare back at him.

-Humans can’t sense it, but we do. And trust me, it’s ugly.- he tells disgust, his eyebrows frowning totally displeased.

-Even in your human form you still have your… powers, I see.- Jaebum observes, while the demon nods confirming it. –Then, can I ask you something?- he remembers the first commandment, having another short nod for him to proceed with his question. -What does it smell like?-

-It’s difficult to explain it to you, human.- the blonde demon sighs heavily. -You never smelled a female in heat, you can’t actually understand.- he tells, the edge of his pink lips curving up in a slightly mocking grin.

-Oh, so it is about that…- Jaebum mumbles faking surprise, seeing that smirk trembling. –Then, that means I make females get excited just by smiling right?- he wonders not really wondering, biting back a chuckle as that left eyebrow twitched irritated once again.

-That doesn’t matter. We shall talk about what brings me here.- he says with a fast talking motion, sitting straight in the bed facing the black haired boy.

-Yes, let’s do that. I’m really curious to know why you are here in the first place.- Jaebum comments inquisitive, wanting to have all the answers to his questions.

-What do mean with “why”? You summoned me, human!- the demon exclaims, loud and more irritated.

-I did not want to summon you. I was just reading that book and you showed up. I still don’t know why, because the book asks for so many impossible things to summon you and I didn’t have anything. I just read the chant, that’s all I did.- Jaebum explains, trying to remain calm and not make him explode.

-That is not all what you did, human.- the demon mumbles somewhat dark, pearly white fangs picking from the corner of his mouth. –You sang the chant and put your blood on the diagram, ergo, you called out for me.- he tells, slow and soft, like a secret whisper.

Cold shivers runs down Jaebum's back then, making him feel quite uneasy.

-But… the book explicitly says “In any other manner, the contract is invalid” Ergo, you should not be here; you can’t be here.- Jaebum insists with a serious tone of voice, staring confident into those black orbs.

-You said it yourself, human “the book asks for so many impossible things” Did you not thought about how curios that is? Did you not thought there must be some trick?- he wonders, his velvet voice echoing mockingly in the bedroom.

-But if the book doesn’t talk about blood, then people will always fail in summoning you.- Jaebum notices, seeing now how misleading the writing is.

-Exactly. It is like that because not anyone is worthy of my presence.- The demon tells, being slightly egocentric in the black haired boy’s opinion.

-Then, why I am?- Jaebum asks, not bothering in asking permission to make the question.

-Who knows…?- he murmurs, staring at the other boy with sharp eyes. –Maybe it is because of your fate, or perhaps you are just lucky.- he comments, so ambiguous.

-Fate and luck? I don’t believe in such things.- Jaebum states sure as his confident eyes never move away from those deep, black orbs.

-It’s that so?- the demon wonders, arching a doubtful eyebrow. –I would love to see your face later on, human.- he smirks, this time so wide that his fangs shine under the bright light of the bedroom.

Jaebum trembles at the clear sight of those teeth, but gradually they start to look less and less white and more and more transparent. He was fading away in front of his eyes and Jaebum could not even blink. Any word or sound he wanted to say or make has keep trap inside his shut mouth, seeing those onyx orbs disappearing and letting him stare at the wall of his room once the demon was completely gone. He has left Jaebum behind, with more questions which gnaw his immense curiosity than answers which make him understand the whole situation. Still, a mild playful smirk curves in those plump lips while Jaebum leans his arms above the mattress, remembering the darkness of those eyes and daring now more than ever to dig deep inside them.

-This is going to be entertaining, indeed.-