The Past: part 1

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Hey guys!!! How are you doing? Hoped you all had a nice week~~ I'm really happy because our baby Youngjae is finally back! I missed him like crazy, honestly. I hope he will take care of himself and will always be haealthy and happy ^^

Anyways here I have a new chapter, I hope you guys will enjoy it! I dont want to give any spoilers or anything but I'm sorry if this is kinda sad, I did tear up while editing it so I guess its a bit emotinal? Hope you will like it nonetheless ^^

As usual, thanks for subscribing and leaving comments!! Also, if you wanna chat with me or ask things or just follow another fellow Youngjae stan you can follow me on twitter @Caro821

That's all, enjoy!!


The way his eyes adjust so quickly to the deep darkness of the night surprised Jaebum, probably a lot more of what it should. He had spent sleepless nights in the darkness of his bedroom, yet none of those had been this beautiful. Sitting on the only bench of the backyard, with that vast green sea in front of him, Jaebum is sure darkness has never being this dazzling. The tenuous moonlight and the soft spark of the little starts bright up the scene just slightly, giving to it that magic touch which makes Jaebum so at ease. The silence of the sleeping town just makes everything greater, and the nice sound of the summer breeze blowing mildly through the darkness it’s all what it could be heard. Jaebum loves it, he sincerely loves it; but there is a reason why he is sitting out there and he is getting tired of waiting for it.

Let’s go outside, I can remember better about it if I’m outside” the velvet voice of the King demon whispers in his memory over and over again, making Jaebum even more impatient.

His brown orbs turn slowly to the blonde demon sitting at his right, seeing him watching the never-ending dark sky with such wonderful expression. It is not sadness, sorrow or pain; it is a curios mix of longing and… regret, Jaebum is not sure. All he knows is that expression is just so beautiful. The way his eyes shine, like the stars in this dark night, is the most precious thing Jaebum has seen in a long while. The way he blinks, so slow and careful, like if all those important memories would disappear in just a second… and the way he purses his lips tenderly tight let Jaebum knows he really is regretting something. Something Jaebum will probably never hear about.

A low, faint sigh leaves those pink lips, and a rather uneasy sensation settles inside him. Does he really wants to hear this story? A part of Jaebum would like to run away, honestly. Yet his stronger side wants to stay and know everything… Even if his heart shatters at the end of the tale.

-Yong Guk was a young man; I think he was your age. I met him… in the Fifth Teen Century? I never check years, I can’t really recall that. He was tall; I think he was also as tall as you. Black hair, dark brown eyes, sharp jaw… He was handsome, but whenever he smiled; he was cute like a little child. He hated being called ‘cute’ and  it was just too amusing to me.- he tells with a slow, calm tone of voice, chuckling softly at that last comment; making Jaebum's heart shake.

-He wasn’t a common boy, he did look like one but he had too many secrets. The way he fooled people was enviable, and thanks to that he spent years practicing dark magic right under the Church’s nose but never making anyone doubt of him.- the King tells silently, his dark eyes never turning away from the distant moon.

-Dark magic?- Jaebum mumbles, frowning softly curios.

-Yong Guk was adopted by a British couple when he was just 5 years old. They moved from Britain to Finland 3 years later, and put Yong Guk on a Monastery at the South of the country. There Yong Guk spent most of his childhood, learning Science, Math and Literature. He also learned a few languages, Latin was the one he liked the most. He wasn’t really fond of his parents, he didn’t had their blood and never felt them as they parents. Therefor around the aged of 15 he decided he wanted to be a Priest and moved to the principal Church at the capital. People loved him, in and outside Church; people trust on him blindly. That was his main goal since the very beginning.- he sighs heavily, eyes closing for a short moment as he takes a deep breathe.

-What Yong Guk wanted was revenge. Revenge from those people who looked down on him and his roots and only treated him well for being a Christian such as them. What better way to take ravage than hurting them where it hurts them the most? Religion was something majorly important on those days, Yong Guk knew that all too well and also knew how powerful was to be inside, to be part of that strong Institution… and he wanted to be the one who put the end of it.- the King tells, his soft voice getting lower and darker at each word.

-Sorcery was quite common at that time, yet also was the worst sin a human being could commit. Yong Guk felt really curious when he found bout it in his time in the Monastery, but he learned how to fight against it and not to practice it. Therefore, with such goal in mind, Yong Guk joined the Witch Hunting society of the Church, but obviously he had ulterior motives. Usually the Hunters went out of a team of two, but Yong Guk had a fascinating way to manipulate people and always ended up getting rid off his college to do the job alone.- the blonde demon smiles weakly, looking too much nostalgic for Jaebum's like.

- Slowly he got to know all the witches in town, manipulating them as well to teach him all they knew about dark magic. With all that poisonous knowledge gnawing his mind, plus all what he learned in the Monastery, Yong Guk wrote a book, ‘Hell & Heaven’, to let the World know all what the Saint Church never spoke about; to let the World know all the secrets. He never signed the book, he made those women write it for him, and so when the Church found about it there was no trace of him in the book. He was free of guilt and sin, even if no one ever doubt of him. Witches did scream his name in every torture, yet everyone took it as lies. Who would believe such devote young man like Yong Guk could do sorcery? No one. And just like that, he saw his teachers burning in the fire, hearing them curse him with their last breath: ‘The flames of Hell will burn your flesh as well’.- the King whispers, and even in the silent of the night Jaebum could hear his voice a little shaky.

-After all that Yong Guk wrote a second book, a book of Spells; which only he could understand fully. The book didn’t have anything new for the time he was living; it didn’t have anything his fellow Priests could not win against. Yong Guk needed something strong, something evil, something which could destroy it all if he pleased so… And he found me. Yong Guk never let me knew how he did it, I never asked him either because the fact that he was able to even know about me was enough reason to show me he wasn’t just any boy. He put my title on a Summoning Pentagram, and suddenly I was trapped in a contract; the same one you and I have now.- he says, eyes turning towards Jaebum as a light smirk paints above his carmine, pale lips.

-You are saying… that Yong Guk created that book?- Jaebum asks the obvious, but he is actually quite shock about it. “Then the book Bambam has it’s the first one… the one those witches wrote with their bare, ugly hands… God, I have to tell him to get rid of that thing” he thinks, worrying a little about his three friends’ safety.

-If you are gonna ask stupid things, then just shut up and listen.- the blonde demons rolls his eyes cutely annoyed, making Jaebum smiles covertly while he keeps on going with the story.

-As I was saying, when I met Yong Guk I was already part of the contract. I cannot imagine how he did it, since summoning just a low-class demon was extremely difficult in those days, but he did. He locked me there, under the rules he made and I had no choice other than accept it. I was totally unwilling to do so and it took several weeks for me to, well, get my head down but in the end I thought it could actually be fun. There are things I have prohibited to do and this boy was probably ask for all of them, I believe it was going to be quite a show to see him grump because of it… I have never been so wrong in my life.- the demon sighs once again, his head shaking softly in disbelieve.

-I started to know Yong Guk slowly; he wasn’t an open person as much as you. He hardly talked to me the first days, and that made me furious. For what did he summoned me if he wasn’t even going to talk to me? I asked myself that too many times when he was silent; and it’s not like I hate silent but Yong Guk always made the silent so… unbearable. He looked like he had so many things to say, to scream, but he always kept everything for himself. My patience has a limit and I was not going to keep wasting my time because of some stubborn brat, so I started asking him things. At first it wasn’t anything big, but I got some short answers which meant he was actually listening to me. There were also questions he didn’t bother to respond, and days he didn’t want me to appear. But I did, and took those times to talk about myself. I didn’t really cared if he was interested to hear them, he was probably aware of most of them, but like that he started to make me questions. To my surprised he suddenly was telling me everything about him, and soon after that he was asking his first favor.- he tells, with a much more warm tone echoing in his velvet voice.

-The first thing he asked for was to see his true parents one last time, so I took him back to Asia. I remember his parents didn’t recognize him at first, which hurt Yong Guk a lot. They didn’t see him grow, and he was so different from the last time they saw him, but for some reason I still cannot understand his mother just had to look at him in the eye a little longer to know he was their son. I watched all what happened that day in the distance… but I’m sure I will never forget the way Yong Guk was smiling. It was a smile I’ve never seen before, it was so full of a… indescribable affection.- the King murmurs, those last words leaving a trace of a faint smile upon his rosy lips.

Fists of frustration and something more than just jealousy press tight upon Jaebum's lap, who has to turn his eyes away from the boy sitting beside him. He can’t stand to see his demon smiling because of someone else, and less if it is as smile so beautiful and longing like that.

-When we returned to Finland Yong Guk was a complete different person. He talked a lot, smile to whatever he saw and laugh out loud to some bad joke someone told him. He even tried to make me angry to mock me, but I was the one who mock him. Again, he hated being call ‘cute’ whenever he smiled and I took that to my advantage every time I could. They days we spent together started to be nicer, I actually liked to talk with him, to be with him… until that night he asked his second favor.- the demon sighs tiredly this time, yet Jaebum doesn’t want to know what kind of expression he has now.

-You know what he asked as his second favor, right? He wanted his Love Angel to make me fall in love with him. Jinyoung was Yong Guk's Love Angel, that was the first time we met. There is no need to say Jinyoung couldn’t do anything about Yong Guk’s favor. My heart doesn’t function like that, I’m incapable to feel love, I’m not made to feel love and Yong Guk didn’t take that nicely. He ignored me for a long while, I also gave him space to… I don’t know, rethink about it? I honestly wanted him to not love me. Humans and demons don’t belong together, he had to understand that. He had to search for that person predestinated for him, not wasting his time and tears on me. I told him that over and over again, trying hard to make him realized his love for me was pointless. And after long weeks Yong Guk finally seemed to get it. We kept talking and everything was back to how it was, yet I never imagine what was coming.-the blonde boy tells in the clam night, his voice turning coldly darker, making Jaebum feel anxious.

-I remember I was strolling around my Kingdom that evening, when suddenly I felt how Yong Guk was calling out for me with every part of his soul. I could feel how afraid he was, how terrifying he was feeling. His heart was racing way too fast, and I could even feel how violently he was shaking. I was just too befuddle at that moment, what was happening to make someone so confident and clam like Yong Guk feel so desperate? I didn’t waste any more instant and rushed to the town immediately… but what I found simply petrify me.- the King whispers, like if it was an unmentionable secret; feeling a haunting shiver slowly spreading under his pale skin.

The distant brown eyes of Jaebum gradually look back to the demon boy, hearing their heavier breathings mixing tensely in the silent of the vast backyard. The smooth breeze blows, tousling black and golden locks, while Jaebum watches the empty expression on the King demon’s handsome face. The way his dark eyes seem so dead gets Jaebum 's heart uneasy, yet that small spark of regret and guilt makes his heart sink in the shadows of sorrow. What could possibly happen to make the always selfish demon look like that? There is the coward side of Jaebum which tells he will be better without knowing, but his shaky heart wants to know what’s hidden behind that heartbroken expression… what is the cause of that desolate expression.

-Everyone was at the principal plaza of the city, crowded, waiting for the show to start. The Church had find out what Yong Guk was doing, and they were going to punish him with all the rigor of the Law of God. ‘To free him from all his sins’, that’s what they said before setting on fire the wood around Yong Guk’s feet. He was in a bonfire, right in the middle of the plaza, feeling the fire slowly burning his flesh… I remember I thought I had to do something, to try to save him; but Church seemed to know it all too well. Around the bonfire were four exorcist, forming a Secret berried with all sort of powerful chants. I am a Noble King Demon, but against that barrier I was as weak as a low-class. There was nothing I could do, Yong Guk knew it too yet he still wanted to ask his last favor. If he is not going to ask for help, then what does he wants? I wonder that, but there was no time to pointless questions. I quickly searched for him, and for a moment I forgot how to breathe. Yong Guk was bare-chest, with deep wounds bleeding in his pale skin. They tortured him, awfully, even when they didn’t need a confession. I swallowed hard, clenching my fists and jaw feeling so useless, and finally found his eyes.- the blonde demon mumbles, closing his eyes for a while and swallowing slowly, trying to get rid of that knot of odd emotions in his throat.

-Those tender brown orbs stared at me with such a nostalgic but happy gaze that confused me strongly at that time. ‘I wish I could’ve spent more time with you’ Yong Guk told me, as tears gathered at the edge of his eyes. ‘But I don’t regret any minute I shared with you’ he added, with tears sliding down his red cheeks. ‘Could you do me one last favor?’ he asked, his deep but weaken voice making me feel so… desperate. I couldn’t answered him, my voice just got lost. It didn’t matter how much I tried to speak, words just couldn’t form in my mouth. I was so overwhelmed, all I did was nod in the distance… but what I heard made fall apart…- he confess with his soft, weak voice; before saying the words which make Jaebum's heart clench.

‘Could you tell me you love me? Even as a lie, please tell me you love me.’

-I remember I had to bit my trembling lower lip; I was just too shocked with that question. All kind of thoughts fill my mind, and I tried to find in them a good excuse to not make that favor. ‘Is it really a lie the last thing he wants to hear? There are so many good things he could ask instead of that.’ I did find good excuses, but somehow I knew I couldn’t persuade Yong Guk to change his mind, because I knew how strong and pure his love for me was. So I took a deep breath, feeling the fire gnawing his skin, feeling his pain… knowing there was not much time left. I met those calm brown eyes again, looking at them for the last time, engraving in my memory the warm gaze they always had for me, and with my guilty voice I told him those three little words Yong Guk has been wanting to hear since so long…- the King says, ever so low and heavily; whispering that one phrase Jaebum doesn’t want to hear because it isn’t to him.

‘I love you, Yong Guk’

-The way he smiled when he heard those words… his last smile… is something I still see in dreams. Is something I cannot describe, is impossible to describe because it was just so beautiful. That smile made me realized Yong Guk loved me in a level I could never imagine.- the demon murmurs, his lost eyes getting darker with a sudden rage. -I won’t ever forgive myself for saying that lie. He didn’t deserve… to be fooled like that.- he whispers, hands gripping in tight fists of fury, causing his sharp fingernails to cut the fragile skin of his palms.

Jaebum didn’t miss the dim spark of scarlet red losing itself in the immensity of the night, and his eyes rush down to the demon’s lap; seeing drops of warm blood sliding out his shaky hands and sliding down his thighs. The grey shorts and his pale legs get stain with the bright red fluid, yet the blonde demon doesn’t notice. Jaebum does notice too that he is pressing his hands tighter, forcing the fingernails deeper in his flesh and causing more blood to come out of his system. Jaebum knows the pain must be unbearable by know, but the still lost gaze in the King demon’s eyes tells he isn’t feeling anything so the black haired boy quickly takes his hands and force them open; staining his own skin with the warm blood. Jaebum's heart trembles and races with fear at the sight of the serious wounds in those fragile hands, and soon his eyes rush to meet with those black orbs. They still are lost, empty, and a voice in Jaebum's head reminds him this wasn’t a good an idea since the very beginning. But once again he ignores it, focusing only in bring back his demon from whenever he got lost inside those terrible memories.

-Hey, look at me… look at me.- Jaebum calls him calmly, placing his right hand on that cold plump cheek; staining his face with blood as well.

Those distant dark orbs doesn’t look back at him, so Jaebum sighs a little bit irregular as he kindly caress the soft skin under his fingertips; hopping to see those wonderful eyes place on him again. -Your Highness, please look at me…- Jaebum whispers, feeling him trembling mildly.

He doesn’t need to do more, because slowly those black eyes look back at him. They have spark now, they have life and Jaebum can’t help but smile while his heart beats a little more at ease.

-You don’t have any reason to feel angry with yourself. Yong Guk knew you didn’t love him, but that wasn’t what he was looking for with that last favor.- Jaebum says gently, seeing those eyebrows frowning confuse.

-You can’t see it, can you? What Yong Guk wanted… was to make sure you cared for him. He didn’t want you to love him; he wanted to be someone important for you. He knew you all too well, he knew you most likely weren’t going to say such thing. He tested you, because he wanted to leave this World knowing that he worth enough to be someone you would remember… I believe you made him truly happy, you make him truly happy.- Jaebum smiles, carefully the now warm cheek; watching some rebel tears gathering at the corner of those onyx eyes.

-Why… why are you so sure?- the blonde demon wonders in a weak murmur, looking back at Jaebum with an enchanting dreamy gaze.

Losing itself inside those mysterious seas Jaebum doesn’t know what to answer. Better said, he doesn’t want to answer. Because the truth will show his fragile heart and Jaebum doesn’t feel quite ready to face the consequences of what that will surely bring. Jaebum knows as well his demon is too weak and tired to deal with these kinds of emotions; he doesn’t want to see the King crushing down two times in just one night. Therefore, Jaebum just sighs and shrugs; trying to not make a big deal out of his answer.

-I don’t really know… maybe because that’s how I feel.- he simply says, holding still that kind smile.

The thin eyebrows of the blonde demon frowns deeply confuse and curios because of those words, making Jaebum react quickly to end the topic right here. He knows his demon will ask a lot of questions he won’t have any chance to evade, and so Jaebum quickly pull both of them up, carefully dragging him back to the house.

-Come, I will heal those wounds.- he comments in a rush, walking with uneasy and heavy steps on the grass.

But a small hand grips tightly his own, stopping him from moving any step further. In the silent of the night Jaebum waits for whatever he wants to say, yet only the summer breeze is all what he hears. The King squeezes his hand a little tighter, demanding something Jaebum is not willing to do tonight. He won’t look back at him and fall on a dead end. He won’t look back at him and answer that one question he hasn’t asked to himself yet. Jaebum hears the rumbles of his anxious and fearful heart, wishing in vane the King can’t hear it. That little hand gripping even tighter his own tells Jaebum the demon does hear his loud heartbeats, yet the soft way those thin fingers intertwine with his own gets Jaebum shivering in surprise and makes his heart jump in excitement. He didn’t say anything, but Jaebum starts to walk again. This time faster and heavier… like if he was running away from that unavoidable question.