The Teasing

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

There are a handful of reasons of why Jaebum hates summer. The less bothersome is the heavy scent of moisture flooding the air, he thinks; because when the sun falls late in the afternoon the night gives it a pleasant twinkle of greenfields, quite impossible to sense at noon. The almost inexistent rains of the season it is pretty much annoying to him, giving the fact that’s the only natural way to appease the disgusting heath; yet the weatherman says it will rain just later on this night and Jaebum is rather at ease because of that. At last, the insufferable summer heath is at the top of his reasons to hate this time of the year with all his sweaty being. Jaebum is just sitting on the living room’s couch, watching some thriller movie on this Saturday night with the AC on at 19 degrees; but having almost 40 outside automatically makes the cold air inside unnoticed and puts Jaebum in such a grumpy humor.

After the boring, uh, date –if you will- with Suzy Jaebum rushed to take a nice cool shower and take off from his hot skin all the sticky sweat. If he had known tonight was going to be this hot he could’ve rejected the girl’s offer right away. He didn’t enjoy anything of the hours he spent inside the cinema room –even if the movie was fascinating- because the AC wasn’t exactly cooling the crowded place; and Suzy trying to get closer to him wasn’t being much of help either. He was sweating, not too much but he was sweating still, and he hated how his fingertips were so sticky and wet; not to mention the way the shirt was glued to his back and the jeans to his legs. He didn’t smell, though; but Jaebum can’t believe Suzy still wanted to kiss him when he was, basically, a walking bucket of water. She must indeed like him so much to do such thing, but to Jaebum it wasn’t the greatest thing. It was nice, Jaebum thinks. The Hearth didn’t shake, but it was nice.

A silent sigh leaves his dry lips at the thought of that not really memorable kiss while Jaebum places his gaze on the distant clock hanging on the wall, seeing its hands ticking 12AM yet it feels like really early in the noon, and it shouldn’t be like that. Night is supposed to ease the stupid heath, but right at this instant it seems like the hottest time of the day.

-I ing hate this…- Jaebum murmurs between clenched teeth, throwing his left arm over his tired brown eyes as he leans against the leather couch.

-Well that’s surprising, I thought I would never hear you swear.-

Jaebum doesn’t need to look to know to whom that mischievous velvet voice belongs to. But sadly he has to, or those onyx eyes will stare at him for the rest of his days until he does so. Jaebum can’t help but sigh heavily, sitting straight and placing his dull gaze on the blonde boy sitting on the café table, right in front of him.

 -Hello, human~- he greets, smirking along with that elegant mocking tone.

-Hello.- Jaebum simply nods, noticing the creature seems to be rather jolly for some reason.

-You can do better than that, human. I’ve seen people in Hell with more life than you right now.- he jokes, pearly white fangs picking from the corner of his mouth.

-I don’t really care.- Jaebum huffs as his eyes turn to the window at the right, seeing the dark stormy clouds gathering slowly in the sky.

-What happened? That classmate of yours cheated on you with some better male?- the demon asks mockingly, surprising the black haired boy a little bit.

-What? Of course not.- Jaebum denies calmly, having his eyes back on those black ones. –Suzy is not my… lover, if you will.- he tells, knowing the demon must not be familiarized with the term ‘girlfriend’

-Are you sure?- the demon wonders skeptical, his dark eyebrows raising with emphasis. –Because I still can smell her scent on you. That keeps overshadowing mine.- he says, perhaps sounding slightly annoyed.

-I’m sure, pretty sure. She is not my lover or anything alike to that. We are just classmates, nothing else.- Jaebum states with confidence, watching those orbs doubful of him.

-Then, if it’s not because of that, why are you grumpy like an old man?- the blonde demon inquires curious, his eyebrows frowning along; making him look quite cute.

-Uh, it’s just because it’s so freaking hot…- Jaebum sighs as he turns his attention to the TV screen behind those golden locks, sensing a warm tickle on his cheeks.

-Is it?- the boy wonders surprised, his deep dark eyes opening wide; looking once again so cute that Jaebum couldn’t miss it.

-You can’t feel it?- he asks him, trying to ignore the way something inside him flutters.

-No, actually I can’t.- the demon answers simply, like if was the most common thing in the world.

-Well, it is and I hate it.- Jaebum sighs, leaning back against the couch in a more comfortable position.

-Ummm… it seems it’s gonna rain soon.- he comments, looking out the window like the black haired boy did just moments ago.

-I really hope so, or I will spend the night under the shower.- Jaebum mumbles somewhat annoyed, letting himself detail the perfect profile of the handsome demon.

-I like when it rains, it makes me feel at home.- he says suddenly, so soft and low… and longing. -Do you like rain, human?- he asks then, his dark orbs never leaving the sky.

-Uh, yeah, I like it a lot.- Jaebum says feeling a little bit shocked but the peaceful and slightly nostalgic aura of the creature.

Up until now it has been just a couple of weeks since they know each other, yet Jaebum could’ve never imagined seeing the demon like this. His deep and always empty eyes seem to have so much life now, they have a spark Jaebum would love to know what causes it. His always mischievous smile is gone now, and a rather calm curve is all his pink lips hold. The white skin of his hands glistens softly under the dim light of the living room as his slender fingers intertwine between itself in a weak grip. Jaebum is more than surprised to see him like this, so… vulnerable and human, that a strong rush of hugging him suddenly arise on Jaebum ; surprising him even more.

-Human?- the demon calls him, immediately having his completely attention. -Where are your parents?- he wonders, just when the night breeze blows a little harder.

“Is it because of his parents?” Jaebum thinks, without helping to put everything together. –They are somewhere in the Globe, I think Europe, maybe.- he answers, trying to remember the exact country but it has been so long since the last time he talked with them.

-Europe? Why is that so?- the boy frowns confuse, finally turning his bright orbs back on Jaebum 's brown ones.

-They are architects, they build things.- he tells, because he must not know what architects are.

-Tch, this brat…- the demon snarls, his characteristic acid tone coming back. –I was practically there when humans found out about architect.- he smirks, so egocentric.

-Did you? I can’t believe you are that old.- Jaebum mocks elegantly, having those onyx eyes glaring at him. -Can I ask why did you asked about my parents?- he wonders polite, trying to not make him explode.

-Because I can’t sense any other scent besides yours in this place. I thought humans do never let their children alone.- he says, arms crossing over his chest while he keeps digging holes in the black haired boy.

-Well, mom and dad aren’t that kind of loving parents.- Jaebum smiles weakly, having short flashbacks of his lonely childhood days.

-They do not… uh… love you?- the demon wonders careful, surprising Jabeum one more time.

-They do, I’m sure they do. But we can’t live out of air and they truly like their job so… I think our lives just turn out this way.- he comments as his eyes look into those black seas, and perhaps it’s the weather putting weird ideas in his head but Jabeum sees a spark of some warm emotion in those deep orbs.

-Ummm… and I was thinking to give you some time to say good-bye to your beloved ones before killing you.- he tells with a soft yet loud amused tone, amazingly trying to change the mood.

-Oh, how thoughtful.- Jaebum smiles sarcastic, appreciating the boy’s intention to light up the situation. –It seems you are quite sure I will lose.- he says, watching those pouty lips smirking instantly.

-Just because it seems you do not have a clue yet, and you only have a few more days.- he leans in a little closer to Jaebum, his low voice echoing softly in his ears.

-Actually, I think I have figure out something important.- Jaebum informs with more confidence of what he wanted to, seeing the boy’s left eyebrow already trembling.

-That is hard to believe, but I have to ask, what did you figure out?- the blonde demon inquires, his velvet voice sounding darker and more serious now.

-I’m sure you are a high-class demon who lives in a forest.- Jaebum smiles triumphal, his daring gaze never leaving those dark seas.

-Oh, you did have something…- he exclaims quietly, his eyebrows rising astonish. But when a mocking smirk curled up in those pink lips, Jaebum knew he was more than screwed before he could even say anything.

-…Yet with that you are not any closer than you were before.-

-You can’t expect me to believe you, can you? You want to win, and so do I. You won’t ever tell me if I’m right, you want to confuse me so I will crumble down and eventually lose.- Jaebum analyzed, not wanting to doubt in front of him.

-Oh wow, am I so easy to read that even a human like you can do it?- he wonders, obviously mocking. –Well, you can choose to believe whatever you want. But have in mind there is not much time left, human.- he leans in closer, whispering those words with a low warning tone.

-Don’t worry, demon. Next week you will be doing my will, mark my words.- Jaebum leans closer to him as well, staring into those intense eyes while his strong voice rumbles in the living room.

The fast breeze outside blows violently, shaking the windows and announcing the imminent coming of a not really pleasant storm. Those loud wind gusts overshadows the almost inexistent sound of Jaebum's back hitting against the comfortable couch when suddenly pale hands push him by the shoulders, holding him in place while a warm and slim body sit upon his lap. Acting without warning seems to be the favorite thing to do for this creature, and Jaebum has got used to it in such short time; but what is making him twitch inside is the closeness of those lips to his own mouth. The blonde demon is smelling his lips, yet if any of them moves just a tiny inch… Jabeum can’t bring himself to even imagine what would happen.

-You kissed her, didn’t you?- he asks inquisitor, raising his face and finally putting some distance between their lips.

-She kissed me, yes.- Jaebum answers, noticing there is not much distance as he would like and he still can feel his warm breathe tickling his mouth.

-ing …- the demon hisses, gripping the black haired boy’s shoulders tightly. –I hate her scent and she dare to kiss you, how disgusting.- he comments looking down at those plump lips, thinking in a way to get rid of it.

-Uh, should I brush my teeth?- Jaebum asks trying to not laugh at how cutely possessive the demon is being right now.

-It won’t come off like that.- the boy mumbles, pretty much upset. –We will have to wait until your system digest it or I will have to kiss you.- he tells thoughtful, still trying to find another solution.

-Oh…- is all Jaebum murmurs, feeling his heartbeats raising fast. –So… which it’s gonna be?- he asks, unconsciously his lips in anticipation.

Through the noisy sound of his heart beating furiously Jaebum can hear the sound of water falling outside; colliding with everything in their way. Maybe it did just start raining or perhaps it has been raining since a few moments a go, in either way, Jaebum doesn’t really care. Under the soft light of the living room his hunger brown orbs can’t move away from those intense black eyes, which play with him not letting him know if the demon will kiss him or not. Jaebum feels his warm breath tickling his anxious lips and Jaebum sense how tense suddenly the blonde boy is now. Does he wants it as much as like Jaebum does? Because , yes Jaebum want to kiss him –badly, like he never thought he would- But still, he doesn’t do anything… he doesn’t choose, and that makes Jabeum feel not only terrible impatient at each new second but horrible desperate as well. He want to taste those pink lips, even if that 's his death sentence.

-I think…- he just murmurs, ever so slow and low. -…We will wait till your system digest it.- he ends nonchalantly, jumping off the black haired boy’s lap; sitting right beside him.

-Why?- the inopportune question slides out his dry lips before Jaebum could think about it, even his voice sounded too bothered for his like and not the mention the way he is glaring the blonde demon.

-Because if I kiss you, I will taste her. And if I do so, I will vomit.- the demon explains, wrinkling his nose in disgust just by that thought.

-Uh…- Jaebum his lips uneasy. –Seems you don’t like females that much.- he comments in a sly attempt to chance the topic, his nervous gaze already set back on the TV screen.

 -I like demon females. Human females are disgusting to me.- he tells, with quite annoyed tone of voice at the end.

-Why? Weren’t witches females who adored your Lord and had contact with him?- Jaebum wonders, remembering some story the Ancient History teacher once told.

-I don’t give a if my Lord ed witches, I don’t like human females.- the blonde boy answers pretty much pissed off, arms folding above his chest.

-But why not? What’s bad about them?- Jaebum insists curios, not getting his point at all.

-I told you, didn’t I? The way they smell when they are in heat is nauseating.- he grumbles, eyebrows frowning deeply.

-But demon females also get in heat, right?- Jabeum wonders, daring to look back at him.

-They do, but demon females smell nice.- he comments, with a small smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

-Oh, I see. It’s a problem of breeds, isn’t it?- Jaebum reasons, having a nod as his only answer. –Well, I guess that’s understandable.- he mumbles, trying to end the talk without being awkward.

He contemplated the grumpy profile of the blonde demon a little longer, before his brown gaze placed on the movie once again. Jabeum want to ask him about his parents, but if he does is highly probable this creature will scream at him offended and disappear instantly… or probably he would kill him right there and then. Jaebum doesn’t really know if he has parents, he is just making assumptions since no one and anything come out of a pumpkin. Maybe the Devil is his father? Jaebum hardly think so, because he just called himhis Lord’ and not ‘dad’ like it should. He is sure demons don’t have string attach to anyone, but then why was he looking so nostalgic a few minutes ago? If it’s not because of his parents, is it home sick? And if it is because of his parents, where are they? what happened between them?... does he has brothers and sisters? Is him completely alone in this world?

-Say it.- his velvet, low voice wake Jaebum up from his deep thought; surprising him.

-What…?- Jaebum murmurs barely audible, moving his eyes to the blonde boy at his left.

-I know you want to ask me something, just say it.- he tells with a calm and almost cold voice, making the black haired boy shiver unsettled.

-Ummm… I was just wondering… do you have parents?- Jaebum asks going straight to the point, not bothering to wonder how did he know about his curiosity.

-I do, like everyone else.- the boy answers nodding softly, the distant movie reflecting on his empty onyx eyes.

-Where are they?- Jaebum inquires, having a bad feeling about the answer.

-Dead.- is all what he whispers, his soft gaze lowering to the floor.

-Oh…- Jaebum swallows hard then. –I’m so sorry.- he mumbles, suddenly feeling his heart arching.

-You don’t have to, that happened long ago and I’m not even sad.- he says with more strength in his tone, finally lifting his eyes up.

-Still, I’m sorry.- Jaebum whispers, bowing his head politely.

He doesn’t know why, but he is sure the demon is sad because of his parents’ death. Even Jaebum sometimes misses his parents, and they aren’t exactly the best mom and dad on Earth. Jaebum can’t bring himself to imagine a life without his parents sending him postcards from every new city they visit, or having those odd but long phone calls at very unusual hours. He could even miss the rare present they bring around Christmas Eve, and he could even love to help them out to pack their things again before a new trip. It is true Jaebum does have some resentment to his parents for choosing this style of life and not thinking –or caring- about how it affects him, but even so, Jaebum doesn’t hate them… Jaebum loves them, probably much more of what he would ever accept.

-Human…-

The demon calls out for him in a soft whisper, just when one single tear had rolled down his right cheek. Brushing that silly tear off his face Jaebum lifts his gaze, meeting with bright black seas barely away from him. Jabeum holds his breath at that instant, shaking mildly when that warm breath was once again caressing his trembling lips. He doesn’t understand why the demon is so close, he doesn’t understand why the demon is looking at him so intensely, he doesn’t know why that soft hand is his neck ever so gently… what is actually happening right now? Jaebum would love to ask him, but if he dares to, their lips will meet and nothing good could come out of that. He does want to kiss him –God must hate him but he really does- yet does the demon want to kiss him as well?. Jaebum was just about to answer that himself when the blonde boy leaned closer, causing his heart to shake.

-Human…-

He whispers again, their lips brushing in a mild and almost inexistent touch. Nice waves of pleasant sensation run fast under his eager skin, making Jaebum desire much more of it yet also it makes him quite scared of it as well. His breathing is slightly fast and irregular now, just like he can’t help but shiver anxiously when he breathes slowly on him; making Jaebum want that kiss badly. His brown eyes fall off closed then, pressing tightly, waiting for the final shoot which will end with his self-control and will leave his inner beast be free… but suddenly the warm caress against his mouth was over, the addicting touch on his neck was vanished and his nice scent of wet grass and wood was no longer clouding his mind with something alike to lust.

Sighing heavily in disappoint Jaebum flops down on the couch, opening his tired eyes and seeing nothing more than the darkness of a blackout surrounding him. The loud echo of the violent storm outside gradually lulls him, letting him enjoy the melodic sound of the falling water wash up all those funny feelings inside his body and mind. He has once again disappeared without saying anything, leaving him all wishful and eager… and if it wasn’t for the fact that he was about to kiss him Jaebum couldn’t feel this pissed off.