The Hunt

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

The night breeze blows serenely through the desert street, tousling soft strands of golden hair as he breathes in deeply the night's scent. Odd, he can’t help but think as the unpleasant stink of fresh fishes fills his sensitive sense of smell yet again. Watching the small back of the short boy walking a few steps ahead of him Youngjae covertly presses his fingers over his nose, blocking the smell out of his system as his steps echo in the silent street. It has been 10 minutes or so since Jackson politely invited him to go to some near park to talk, and ever since he set a foot outside the building the King demon has feel it, that disgusting smell of fishes which curiously grows stronger at each step he takes and he can’t even know just how much longer will he be able to stand it. Though that is not the only odd thing this night, Youngjae notices as his sharp ears catch the ghost of steps accurately following them across the street. That person stops every time they do at a red light and keeps a safe distance but the King can even hear its anxious breath and he wonders why is this person just so impatient... Why is this person following them in the first place though. Hearing the soft roaring of engines of the cars waiting for the red light to change Youngjae quickly and inadvertently turns around, catching the silhouette of a short person rushing to hide behind some distant wall, not wanting its presence to be known though the King demon is not even near to be fooled by such lame tactic. A faint smirk curves on Youngjae's dry lips at that, already knowing this is not someone to worry about; it doesn’t matter what reason this person has to be following them, it clearly isn’t a threat.
 

-What are you looking at?- comes Jackson's confused voice at his back.

-It seems someone is following us.- He says simply, his sharp eyes not moving away from the shadows where that person is hiding.

-Following us?- Jackson repeats even more confused, standing right beside the blonde and placing his eyes right where the other is watching but he can see nothing but the empty street. -I don’t see anyone tho.- he says, eyes moving to the blonde boy who looks pretty much sure about it.

-The fact that you can’t see someone it doesn’t mean there isn’t.- Youngjae tells as a matter of fact, breathing in the night's air and feeling the smell of fishes even stronger now. 

-Whatever, let’s just keep going. We are almost there.- Jackson comments uninterested, turning around and crossing the street while the King's stare lingers a little longer on that dark spot.

Turning around slowly Youngjae follows Jackson's steps, yet again watching the short boy's back as they keep walking down the silent street. But secret steps behind him resonates on his ears one more time and the King finds it almost impossible to ignore. Almost because he can finally see the park Jackson told him about, just like his short companion sitting down in one lonely wood bench; waiting for him to do just much as well with a curious feeling of nervousness oozing from every pore of his skin. The blonde demon does so, quietly sitting down besides the human, breathing in the natural scent of the park; nostalgia wrapping around his mind as he can’t help but think about this Kingdom.

-So... you must be wondering why I brought you here.- Jackson says, voice calm and low; his tone stable but somewhat uneasy.

-I wonder lots of things but that isn’t one, to be very honest.- The King comments uninterested, a playful smirk painting upon his lips softly and he is pretty sure the short boy just rolled his eyes at him.

-Well imagine that...- Jackson murmurs sarcastic, yet quiet irritated. -I just want to make things clear here about what you said the other time.- he tells, voice raising slightly stronger yet not less uneasy.

Feeling the gentle breeze his warm skin Youngjae sighs boringly, his deep and dark eyes placing themselves on the human's nervous ones and the King keeps under control his urge to chuckle at how serious Jackson looks at the moment. He already knows what Jackson will try to explain -or better said, try to deny- and he cannot believe just how stupid humans are. What's the need to explain or deny that he feels attracted to one of his friends? Humans are animals too, they are also ruled by instinct, is just nature working freely, what's there to explain or hide? Youngjae will never understand humans and the unreasonable ways they live by.

-You don’t really have to but since you already put up the show we must as well just go along with it.- the demon says, voice highly mocking and sarcastic.

-Thank you so much, that's so damn nice of you.- Jackson hisses clearly annoyed, his eyes closing for a short while as he orders the troubled thoughts in his mind to not let anything untold.

-Okay so... I know you know I... like... Mark, I don’t have idea of how you know it but I have to say I'm moving on from that, okay? I'm over with it... or I will be soon... so please don’t ever mention it again, don’t ever mention it to anyone... please forget you even know such thing.- Jackson's voice is strong and serious, just like the solemn look on his sharp eyes; yet the expression of utter worry on his face shows how truly the human feels... not to mention the smell of fear and uncertainty oozing from his shaking skin, the King notices.

Yet the King cannot be less interested.

-The thought of telling someone about it never crossed my mind.- He comments nonchalantly, watching how the human swallows hard. -But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.- he mocks, though the harsh stare the short boy gives him tells him Jackson doesn’t quiet thinks so.

-No, you must forget it.- Jackson demands, with some sense of authority the blonde demon is so not standing.

-If you didn’t want anyone to find out you should've kept your little secret better hidden.- Youngjae mocks, his pearly white fangs peeping from the corner of his mouth as his face twist in an evil grin.

-I did so... I just don’t know how you came to find out. You are the only one who knows.- Jackson comments bothered, eyes narrowing suspicious as he presses his lips in a tense line before asking what had him sleepless since almost three days by now. -How did you know?-

And Youngjae's smirk gets wider, so evil and mocking that Jackson clenches his fists tightly, holding back the urge to punch the blonde just right now. But when astonish words reach his unbelieving ears all the poise on his body fades away, leaving behind just his mind stunned and skin cold as snow.

-You told me.- the King says, fake innocence lingering in his soft voice.

-What?- Jackson mumbles incredulous, eyes wide open and unfocused, his heart shrinking in despair inside his chest.

-You told me.- Youngjae insists, enjoying all too much the shock expression of the short human. -or better said, the way you smell told me.- he adds, trying to explain himself but not really trying to; watching the boy's face changing comically from shocked to confused.

-What do you mean?- Jackson wonders sincerely lost, eyebrows frowning deeply as his heart beats somewhat relived.

-Well let’s just say I have a very sensitive sense of smell and I can smell pheromones and such.- the blonde demon does explains this time, chuckling at the short boy's expression.

-Wait, what? Pheromones? Do that really exist?- Jackson asks totally surprised and still majorly unbelieving, rolling his eyes irritated when another chuckle comes from the boy in front of him.

-Yes, you uneducated punk! And it is not just that, I can smell pretty much every emotion. And you sure get all work up when your thin little friend is around, you are so damn obvious.- Youngjae tells with a cheeky smile, watching how the short human breathes in deeply as in an attempt to calm down the whirlwind of emotions inside his chest.

-You really are weird as , I've never hear about something like this.- Jackson comments still doubtful of what the boy says, yet he can’t help but mock about it.

-I guess not everyone can be as unique as I am.- Youngjae says playfully, although he doesn’t really care about being unique he shall just keep up with the human's play.

-Oh yes, God made you extra special.- Jackson rolls his eyes ironically, a faint smirk curving on his lips.

-Yes, God.- Youngjae repeats highly ironic, lips smirking wider under the confused gaze of those sharp eyes. -Anyways, I won’t tell anyone about your secret. I don’t really care about it to begin with.- he says uninterested, sighing deeply.

-Well thanks, I guess. In exchange I will let you date Jaebum.- Jackson comments with a playful ring on his voice, as he stands ups to  stretch his short anatomy.

-I'm not dating him. And even if I were I wouldn’t need your permission.- the King tells him still uninterested about the topic, standing up as well as his eyes meet with those humans ones.

-Well you are ing tho? You can do that and I won’t about it.- Jackson explains, somehow, giving the blonde a cheeky smirk.

-Again, I don’t need your permission to do anything.- the demon rolls his eyes just slightly annoyed. -And I'll always ignore you if you about things.- he adds smirking back to the short human, starting the walk back to the building, ending the conversation.

-You are such a pain in the and so damn boring, why on Earth does Jaebum likes you?- Jackson comments more for himself than the blonde, but he clearly wanted the other to hear him.

-You should ask him that, I still don’t even understand it.- Youngjae shrugs, his voice low and calm as the night's breeze tousles his hair.

-I don’t think he would want talk about it if you two are not actually together.- Jackson comments thoughtful, knowing how embarrassed his best friend could get if he ever confront him about this matter.

-Well then you will never find out why he likes me.- the demon mocks, lips curling in the softest smirk as they yet again cross the empty street.

-Don’t you want to know why tho?- Jackson asks curiously, hands sliding into his pockets to warm up.

-No, why would I? Whatever reason that human has to like me, I don’t care about it.- the King tells with honesty although he is lying, awfully. But Jackson does not need to know that, and Youngjae buries in the deepest of his soul the curiosity to actually know why his human likes him. Youngjae has never thought about it, in the beginning it was all just a seduction game but now things have changed, his human has such strong and overwhelming feelings for him that the King can't help but wonder why as well. He is a demon, a really evil one, what is there to like? His stronger side screams for him to forget it and Youngjae choose so, still he knows he would love to find out.

-"That human"? , you sure are weird.- Jackson laughs calmly

But through the rumble of Jackson's answer Youngjae can hear, loud and clear, the whisper of those secret steps following them yet again and the King's brows frown doubtful. The night’s breeze blows softly across the calm street, filling with the odd scent of the sea every little corner of the King’s attentive mind, making him wonder how that smell can be so strong if they are far from the shore... and suddenly Youngjae asks himself if this person is really not a threat. A baffling sensation settles in his stomach at that idea, hearing the hushed echo of those unknown steps right behind his back, almost feeling the agitated breathing of that person against his nape; and for some reason the King has a bad feeling about it. Yet the blonde demon can’t help but think that if this person wanted to harm him or Jackson, then that person would’ve done it already. It would’ve been quick and easy, giving to the darkness of the night and the solitude of the street killing someone would be a piece of cake. Or better said, killing Jackson would be a piece of cake. Killing him would be impossible for any mortal soul. 

A mocking smile curves upon Youngjae's lips at that thought but it last so little as he sighs tiredly, watching how Jackson enters the building they live in, and rather thinking about his bed and how much he wants to sleep. Holding the door before going in the blonde demon gives one last look over the desert street, over the dark corner where he knows someone is hiding, where someone is and had been observing him who knows for how long… and Youngjae can’t help but think this person is a hunter and he seems to be its prey. But no, Youngjae is no one’s prey, Youngjae is a hunter. Always has and will always be and a wicked smirk form on his lips, dedicated to that someone in the shadows. And suddenly the fresh smell of the ocean mixes with the delicious twinkle of fear oozing from whoever thinks itself better than a Noble King demon, and Youngjae's smirk gets wider and evil and his fangs grow at the only idea of hunting this person down.
 
If this someone dares to try something then better pray to God to have mercy, because the King demon will surely not.
 


Hey guys! Sorry for the late update!!! And sorry for such short chapter ^^' I hope you enjoyed it tho~