A Truth

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

The citric, acid smell of fresh orange juice just made tickles his nose sweetly; mixing in a very odd way with the strong scent of hot coffee flooding the kitchen not so early in the morning. The bacon cooking in the pan gives to the room a tint saltiness he likes very much, not to mention the soft sizzling making him feel just slightly home-sick. The noisy sound of the toaster finishing its work calls his attention, making the black haired boy stop cleaning the squeezer and take out the warm, perfectly brown toasts. Two new slices of white bread are put in for toasting quickly, while the young man calmly sets up the table as the last step of breakfast making. Jaebum had lived in America far too long to change this way of starting the day, though he doesn’t really know if his guest will like it just as much as him.  

A ceramic plate hits harshly against the wooden table as Jaebum nervously drops it, his still overwhelmed mind recalling the events of early moments. A cold drop of water slides from his still wet hair, rolling down his nape, giving him strong chills as his face stains with a soft pink blush. Swallowing hard Jaebum chooses to push those thoughts aside, sitting at the table quickly before he could drop something into the floor and shred it beyond repair. Placing the last cup of coffee above the white mantel Jaebum sits silently, teeth already nibbling restlessly on his bottom lip as his anxious brown gaze falls on the distant stair; waiting for him to come down. It has been over forty minutes since they ended showering, yet the King demon wanted to stay a little longer to think about the ‘new game’ he mention.

-What did he meant with that?- Jaebum murmurs for himself, being highly curious about it, but also majorly afraid of it.

They are already playing a game -a quite dangerous one- and Jaebum is sure he does not need another mental breaker game. He doesn’t even know if he will survive to the actual one.

“Well, at least things can’t get any worse than what already are, right?” Jaebum thinks, his sleepy gaze losing itself in the steam of the coffee.

What they did minutes ago took their relationship to the most destructive level, Jaebum is perfectly sure nothing can be worse than having a taste of what he craves for so strongly and surely never again in his life get another piece of it. Yet alone get to taste the whole thing. The King demon is the prohibited fruit, potentially lethal but Jaebum doesn’t care about that at all. He had fallen in love with that demon, he had been very aware of the consequences since the very first time, even if he did tried not to, at the end it’s just too useless to fight against something so strong, so noble as love. That is precisely why Jaebum doesn’t care if the blonde demon is the death of him. In fact, Jaebum is sure the King will be his very end yet he would die delighted if he is the last thing his eyes see before closing forever. But yet Jaebum does not want to leave this world with just a taste of that delicious fruit. He is greedy, he wants it all, but something seems to tell he probably will not get anything more than what he got this morning. Sadly.

“It wouldn’t hurt to try, though.” Jaebum thinks, briefly considering the option of flirting with the evil King.

-Or would it…?- he murmurs, his soft voice echoing slightly nervous in the mute kitchen.

-’Or would it’ what?- someone suddenly asks right in front of Jaebum. That low, smooth voice alone making him tremble.     

The hush noise of a chair being dragged kindly soon fills the small room, Jaebum's eyes shifting up hurriedly to see the blonde boy sitting at the head of the table, so close to him. Gazes meet in the tiny gap, yet Jaebum's uneasy ones could not resist the intensity of those onyx orbs. His brown eyes rush down again, looking at his reflection on the steamy cup of coffee, noticing the very carmine color his cheeks have taken out of nowhere. Blushing over something so simple, what will he think of it?

-Do I have to repeat my previous question?- He asks then, tone calm and soft yet Jaebum could hear his annoyance growing quickly.

-Uh, it was nothing. I was just talking out loud. Nothing important.- Jaebum simply answers, though the nervousness in his voice is quite obvious.

-Ummm…- the demon hums, eyes fixed on the boy’s onyx head as he calmly takes the fork at the right. -Shall we start with breakfast?- he asks out of politeness, taking a bite of the food in his plate. It smells wonderfully nice; it might as well taste like it.

-Oh, yes, sure.- Jaebum nods quickly, hands stumbling stupidly over the edge of the table yet he manages to ignore the burning pain and start to eat as well.

“He will mock me anytime, I’m sure” Jaebum talks in his mind, tasting the salty bacon with a little bit of toast. “The am I? A ?” He asks himself sarcastic, taking a little sip of the fresh orange juice.

-I only touched you and you get all embarrassed. I wonder how would you react if you get to actually me.- the blonde King says suddenly, sounding so mischievous and mocking, making Jaebum choke on his drink.

-F-… you…?- Jaebum nervously mumbles, rushing to grab a napkin to clean the mess in his mouth and chin.

Unexpectedly, thin, soft fingers wrap kindly around his wrist; preventing his hand to get any near his mouth. Heartbeats increase alarmingly fast at that act, yet Jaebum could hear his pulse right in his ears when very slowly the blonde boy started to lean near him. Brown and black meet yet again in the distance, this time never breaking the bond as the King gets much closer; his golden locks brushing against his forehead and his addicting warm breathe ghosting seductively over his expectant lips. So unfairly teasing.

-What? You don’t want to?- He wonders softly. And perhaps is just Jaebum's twisted mind but he hears some disappointed ring in his low tone.

-I-I-I…- Jaebum nervously stutters, bright red color taking over his face as the blonde boy chuckles so damn y at him.

-So you do.- He deduces, a cheeky but terribly sensual smirk curling in his full pink lips. –You never answered what I asked upstairs, human.- He comments, leaning on him and casually the trace of juice on his chin. -Do you want to play a new game?- He asks again, after tantalizingly gentle on Jaebum's bottom lip.

Electricity shoots through his veins at that only act, leaving Jaebum without words to speak. Swallowing thick and noisily he could just nod, unconsciously keeping the air inside his lungs as one thin finger slowly outline the contour of his face; his sinful lips being still so unnecessary close to his.

-This new game I thought it is actually very simple yet extremely fun.- The King comments mischievous, pearly fangs showing at the corner of his wide smirk. That alone gives Jaebum a bad feeling.

-I know how much you desire me, therefor this game is all about .- He tells, as a thumb brushes kindly on the boy’s bottom lip.

-?- Jaebum murmurs incredulous, hating how shaking his voice sounds and how stupid embarrassed he surely looks right now.

-Yes~- the demon whispers playful, his intense stare never looking away from those brown sweet eyes. –Whenever you get excited, I will touch you anywhere you want, in any way you want. You name it and I shall do it.- he says, with that terrible sensual low tone of his; melting Jaebum's reasoning.

A maze of marvelous situations has already painted all over his love-sick mind by the time those words left his beautiful hot pink lips. One image more delightful than the previous, his heart was already pumping blood to inappropriate regions of the body, causing his mouth to dry and his pupils dilate quicker than what they should. His skin feels warmer, adrenaline already swimming across his veins, leading Jaebum to lean closer, until their mouths brush fully and his lips part hungry for a new kiss. How can he have such strong effect on him? Just how?

-But…- He proceeds sharply, placing his index finger right on Jaebum's lips, pushing him just slightly away. –You cannot touch me unless you say my name.- He tells, chuckling quite amused at the shock expression his human makes at the moment.

-Your name? B-but… No one knows your name. There is no possible way to found it out.- Jaebum softly says, all his perfect fantasies crashing under the cruel reality.

-Well, that’s the fun part to me.- the King smiles ever so mockingly, his finger sliding under the boy’s chin. –You must work hard for the things you want, human. If ing me is what you want, what you really want, you just cannot expect it to be simple. Not even in the smallest bit.- He whispers secretly, his finger tapping playful on the boy’s skin.

-But… how? ¿How can I do to found out something unknown?- Jaebum asks defeated, looking into those deep black eyes pleading for compassion. He wants to play with fire, but Jaebum knows he will be the only one getting burn.

-Well human, that’s for you to figure out.- He says simply, smiling ever so cruelly mocking.

Seeing the evil twinkle of honest amusement in those royal orbs Jaebum feels clearly his heart sinking with sorrow and disappointment. The demon knows how he feels about him, he knows this is not just simple attraction, he knows there is so much more. He knows better than anyone how Jaebum's heart race when they are together, he knows how all of Jaebum's feelings flutter at the only sight of him, and he knows just so perfectly how Jaebum cares about him. He knows how Jaebum's body aches for him, longs for him. He knows very well he is the only reason behind every of Jaebum's smiles and he knows, without a doubt, that Jaebum will accept this sick game without even contemplating the side-effects and the terrible times he will have to go through. Knowing all that and still find the whole idea amusing… it hurts Jaebum to no end.

So despicable.

-Why?- Jaebum murmurs, pushing weakly that small hand off his face. -Why do you want to play this game?- He asks, staring into those surprised onyx eyes; not helping to let all his frustrations out.

-Why did you had to touch me like that? Why do you keep kissing me? Why do you let me kiss you? Why did you came last night to me? Out of all the places, why here with me? Why do you let me get so near you? Why don’t you just push me away? Why don’t you make me hate you? Why… w-why…?- Jaebum sobs, tears streaming slowing down his face as a knot of emotions in his throat prevents him to ask the crucial question.

-Why am I so cruel to you?-

His soft, pink lips name; making Jaebum's teary eyes to open wide in shock. Careful and gentle fingertips brush off the endless tear drops, covertly caressing his skin; making Jaebum's heart jump hopeful. He heard him this morning, he knew Jaebum was sad and heartbroken since the very beginning… did he touched him to cheer him up? To cure him? To… make him forget about the sadness for a while? Did he feel sorry for him?

-Can’t you just answer my questions?- Jaebum murmurs, feeling tears rushing to his eyes as he finds that calm, warm gaze in those usual evil orbs.

Hearing the deep way the Noble King sighs Jaebum trembles, just slightly, because his breath ghost over his uneasy lips and the temptation of kiss him is almost impossible to fight. Jaebum hates himself for being so weak at times like this.

-I… don’t hate to kiss you, just like I don’t hate you kissing me. I neither hate to have you near me, that’s why I came to you last night. I needed somewhere to feel calm at it, the only place I could think was here… by your side. That’s also why I don’t push you away, why I touched you, because I don’t hate it… And I don’t want you to hate me because I don’t hate you.- The blonde demon explains, in a curiously complicated way.

He is usually very straightforward and precise while speaking, not to mention his tone is always steady and determinate. But this time Jaebum notices his choice of words a little odd, his pauses far too long and his tone somehow unsettled. Is it just Jaebum's idea or is he really feeling uneasy about tell him all that?    

-About your last question, well, I am a demon. Is it my nature to be cruel, I don’t choose to be this way, I just am.- He says, kindly brushing away the tears which keep rolling down the boy’s perfect cheekbones… asking something Jaebum was definitely not ready to wonder himself.

–But the good question is, why do you still have feelings for me when I am so cruel to you?-

Staring nervously a little bit too long into those beautiful dark eyes Jaebum quickly drops his gaze to the floor, not resisting the heavy weight of that question. ‘Why?’ indeed, Jaebum can’t bring himself to think about it. He tried not to feel things for him, because he knew and still knows very well just how he is, but of course he failed epically. How can he answer that? Jaebum is wordless, yet he won’t let him go away without answering that doubt.

-I… don’t really know.- Jaebum whispers, feeling those warm fingers leaving his face as his eyes can’t cry any longer.

-You and I know very well.- The King says softly, making Jaebum blush just mildly. –And just because of that tell me now, do you want to play?- He asks, placing his index finger under Jaebum's chin and lifting it up; their eyes meeting once again.

Letting himself lost in those endless black seas Jaebum wonders what is going on right now. He had revealed so many things Jaebum didn’t even dream about, his mind and heart are just too overwhelmed, too in shock to battle about it rationally. And what does he means with ‘just because of that’? They should not play any new game if both know the fresh Hell Jaebum is going through. Why does he insist on playing then? Is it to distract Jaebum?... Or is he hiding something? Something Jaebum should not know?

Shaking that question off his turbulent mind Jaebum calmly nods to the King, watching those pouty, pink lips curling in such smile Jaebum choose to believe is adorable although his intention surely is not…

…Though his mind could not let the doubt go, repeating it over and over again at the back of his head; making Jaebum impossibly curious even if there is not conclusive way to know if he is indeed hiding something from him.