The calm before the storm

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Warm burns through soft, delicate white cotton fabric, tickling his sensitive fingertips, making him melt inside. The unmistakable scent of wood and wet grass floods his senses, nose digging shamelessly in the golden sea of smooth strings of hair, breathing in the unique perfume fully, his mind getting drunk by it alone. Feeling gentle little hands pushing subtly on his back to get them closer his arms move imitating them, squeezing the small blonde boy tighter in the nice embrace they share; delighting every part of his soul with this marvelous sensation of having him back. Contrary of how he looks, the blonde demon is amazingly warm, so soft, and squishy and overall huggable. He is adorable, Jaebum can’t help but think, a happy smile curving widely in his dry lips. His grumpy, irritate self and harsh words are hided now, letting this tender and somewhat sweet fox demon be held and treasured by him, making Jaebum's heart flutter immensely content. Breathing in even more of his unmistakable scent his arms pull on him again, bring him a bit closer, feeling him a little more. And the blonde demon lets him, he mold just so perfectly, so naturally to the shape of his body. They fix into each other arms so perfectly, so naturally, that Jaebum wishes selfishly to be able to hug him like this countless times in the future.

Though he knows very well that is more than impossible. He should considerate himself lucky to do this much, giving to how unaffectionate the demon is. It is his nature, Jaebum is perfectly aware of that, but if the King can give himself in a hug once then he should be able to do it yet again, shouldn’t he? Logic dictates that, indeed, he should –he could- but when it comes to the Fox demon of the Frozen Forest nothing really turns out as it planned; Jaebum can put his very hands on fire for that. But even if the behavior of the blonde demon is always uncertain Jaebum still feels like this situation could repeat itself sometime later. Maybe it is because the demon King looked out for him last night, because the boy stayed with him until he woke up, because he is actually sharing this tight embrace with him right now; or maybe it is only thanks to his foolish heart and love-sick mind. In anyways, for any reason, Jaebum can’t help but feel like he now has the privilege to wrap his arms around the small King whenever he pleases. 

The smile on his lips gets wider and joyful and Jaebum doesn’t even know why he has such confidence on this sensation when he is sure, all very well, that when it comes to the blonde demon nothing ever can be entirely certain and he must be pretty much wrong about his senseless assumption. Yet his arms hug him tighter, and his nose dig even deeper in the golden sea of soft hair, and his lips smile so content that his cheeks start to hurt. But that doesn’t matter because the demon isn’t pushing him away, isn’t rejecting him and Jaebum wishes oh so fervently for time to stop right now, he pleads to God to let him spend the rest of his days like this, just like this. Because Jaebum has never been happier, has never felt so warm, so full,  so at ease, so completed; and it is now that Jaebum realizes just how much he had actually missed the demon King. This desire of wanting time to stop, this need of living forever in this embrace until death comes, Jaebum has never had such longings. Craving for something -for someone- this strong Jaebum has never done it, has never felt it, and in a way it scares him; because that only means he is terribly –horribly- in love and it is more serious and real than what he would have like to accepted… yet the wonderful away he feels inside, the way his heart beats and flutters, the way he can’t stop smiling; it is just so marvelous and delightful and so warm that Jaebum could never change a thing of what he is living.

Even if the end is catastrophic for him, Jaebum could never change a single thing of their story.

-I really missed you…- Jaebum confesses, in a light and hushed whisper, overwhelmed by all these pure emotions.

Words trail off in the calm bedroom, heart thumbing nervously inside his ribcage as silence is all he gets in respond. Yet the warm, little hands laying on his back cautiously tugs the cotton fabric of his pajamas’ shirt; mild shivers crawling down his spine by it. It was a subtle move, barely perceptible; Jaebum didn’t even feel the muscles of his arms stir when he did it. It seems like if the blonde demon did not want Jaebum to notice it, or maybe it was just an honest impulse of his nervous system, but Jaebum did not miss that tiny act and his heart shakes hopeful by what will he say or do next.   

-Ummm, I didn’t remember taking care of my Kingdom was boring.- the King comments, voice soft and monotonous but his tone its somewhat unsteady, somewhat forced, like if he was trying to suppress something. And Jaebum does not miss that either.  

-What does that means?- He asks with teasing curiousness, lips curving in a cheeky smirk.

-It means I got used to you, you annoying little .- The blonde King snarl irritated, his bad tempter being still intact. But his fingers tug yet again on the boy’s shirt, this time stronger and tighter, not hiding that act any longer. 

-So you missed me too.- Jaebum murmurs in his small ear, smirk blurring into a gentle smile now.

-No, your absent was quite noticeable. That’s all.- the demon simply says, golden head shaking mildly to emphasize his words. 

But his hands push Jaebum a tiny bit closer as he speaks; contradicting completely his confident statement and that is all Jaebum really needs to know the blonde King did actually missed him. Even if he could never hear it in his life.

-I’m not trying to make you say it, I know you missed me.- Jaebum announces with a overconfident smile, slowly pulling away to look into those dark orbs although his arms keep wrapped around the slim body of his demon.

-You wish I missed you, human.- the King grumbles –cutely, in Jaebum's opinion- while his sharp gaze falls on his brown eyes, sliding to his plump lips and staring at them for a few seconds.
 

Jaebum would never miss that, for sure.

-I don’t need to wish for it, you already did it.- He remarks with a light sassy tone playing in his words; loving the way his demon’s eyebrows frown annoyed and his onyx irises rush back to his dark orbs.

-Why are you suddenly so confident, human?- He wonders curious and doubtful of whatever Jaebum might answer. But he looks and sounds so adorable that Jaebum just smiles and leans a little, foreheads touching nicely as he looks into those black eyes he have missed so much.

-I don’t know…- Jaebum confesses with a calm and gentle tone, eyelashes fluttering dreamily. -…Maybe because, after all, you are here with me.- He whispers, with such loving and caring tone that blush creeps in his own cheeks. 

With due all honesty, Jaebum doesn’t know why he said that or why he said it like that. He was aiming for something less cheesy and stupid, something to not be laugh at, something not ing embarrassing as that, something which could not mess the mood and he certainly didn’t want to sound like an idiotic high school boy confessing to his crush. Jaebum wanted to say something cool and playful, a seductive tone could’ve been perfect for the moment; but what he said its far away from that and the blush on his face turns redder. Ashamed, his eyes close and saliva slid down his throat thick because Goddamn, he ed it up. He ed all up with what he just said, and he should be panicking but his heart is beating pretty calm. The why of that is a complete mystery just as the why he said what he said, Jaebum wonders if he have gone mental for real because such conflicting emotions and thoughts are not right on a perfectly sane psyche of a young man.

But moister, full lips lay on his then; in a very brief and gentle manner which shocked his system and exalt the thumbing of his heart. It ended just as unbelievably fast as it started, Jaebum could barely shot his eyes open when the sweet mouth of the demon boy was already painful inches away from his. Did he really just…?

-Cheesy, how disgusting.- the King murmurs, amusement lining his silk-like voice; a mocking smirk curving in his pink, biteable lips. –Next time rather than saying such things just kiss me.- He says, soft voice echoing seductive and haunting in Jaebum's ears.

-W-what…?- He babbles, pretty much like an idiot –an unattractive idiot-, and the blush on his cheeks gets bright carmine as his brown eyes stare taken back at those mischievous black irises. 

There was no answer to his pointless question, there was just a warm hand placing at the back of his head, pushing on it with the gentle amount of force needed to let their mouths melt in yet another kiss. The sensation of those soft lips over his is something Jaebum was passionately awaiting, something Jaebum missed since the very instant the King disappeared that dreadful night. Something he had desired and longed so strongly, so madly, that his body tenses as they kiss; only relaxing under the caring touch of small hands lying over his feverish cheeks. With unimaginable kindness they tilt his head, sharp nails caressing his hot skin; and Jaebum sighs enchanted, delighted. Because this gentleness is new and impossibly marvelous, and Jaebum's head gets quickly stunned. His moister, warm tongue runs slowly across his lips, on them serenely, seeking for permission; and in the numbness of his mind Jaebum tries to recall if the King have ever did that before. A useless attempt, of course; because his lips are quicker and that sweet tongue is soon doing wonders inside his mouth and nothing other than that matters. But even at this the blonde demon is not rough and intense as usual; the way he and tastes and is slow, soft, maddening. It is almost painful, because Jaebum is getting turn on very fast at each delicate yet passionate touch while the King demon seems unaffected by it. Like if this was just an ‘I’m sorry’ kiss, nothing ual at all. Jaebum does not feel him tense in his hold, does not sense the desperation, the needing of improper caresses and lewd kissing.

He feels a little disappoint and heartbroken, though. True is that he cannot touch him yet in that way, but Jaebum has also been longing for his naughty hands endlessly wandering on his body. Said hands slide calmly from his blushed face down to his chest, heart thumbing hopeful under those warm palms, which forcefully enough push him to lie back on the mattress. And it is just then that Jaebum catches the beautifully sick smirk paint on those pink lips, and the mischievously playful twinkle of his dark, penetrant eyes.

-Do you mind if I cut the romantic and get to the fun part already?- the King asks in a mocking, alluring tone; a long nail undoing one of the buttons of Jaebum's pajama shirt. 

-Not at all.- Jaebum breathes out, teeth sinking on his bottom lip as the blonde demon moves slightly on his lap. –But my friends might hear…- he remembers about the three boys out there, and he cannot even imagine how to explain them he was not if they happen to hear.

-Don’t worry, I will make sure they won’t hear a thing.- He says, voice low and seductive, as he leans down on Jaebum; lips ghosting over each other. -You just enjoy, okay?- He whispers then, so haunting.

Having fallen under the malefic spell of his hypnotic eyes and suggestive words Jaebum could barely nod, thanking to Heavens already in his dazed head because of what is about to happen. A smirk paints itself upon his hungry lips at the sight of the King’s pink, moister mouth parting to finally give Jaebum what he have been yearning almost insanely, he could almost feel his sweet taste making him drunk with lust… when furious, strong knocks impact against the bedroom’s door, making it shake along with Jackson's loud and intense yelling.

-YOU LITTLE ER, YA’ BETTER COME OUT OF THERE OR IMMA GOIN’ TO KICK THIS DOOR DOWN AND THEN KICK YOU OUTTA HERE!-

Yet the blonde demon just chuckles. 

–That must be the shorty.- He comments amused, looking down at Jaebum's glassy, expectant eyes. –I guess we should leave this for another occasion.- He sighs, and he was about to move away when hurried hands stopped him, tugging on the white fabric of his long-sleeve shirt.

-No, wait, can’t you just put some spell on them? To… to… make them do something else so they wouldn’t disturb us.- Jaebum whispers slightly embarrassed, feeling the blush on his cheeks burning stronger.

-No, I cannot do that.- the King smirks at him, trying to move away but yet again hands hold him in place.

-Can’t you try?- Jaebum insists, being so shamefully needy but that he have waited far too long.

-Your need for me flatters me, human. But I really cannot do something like that.- the demon says, in a sick mix of playfulness and honesty which only makes Jaebum's longing eyes turn disappointed. 

-Okay…- its all what Jaebum sighs heavily, being overly annoyed by the turn of events, fingers letting the smooth fabric go as the blonde boy sits at the edge of the bed.

-Hey, don’t be so upset.- the King says, now with a nice smile, watching how his human pouts a little as he sits on the bed as well.-I told you we will leave this for another occasion, just wait a little longer.- He whispers on that red ear, feeling the young human shivering under his seductive tone.

To the inviting sound of those words Jaebum could only bite his bottom lip and nod, eyes shifting curious to see the mischievous expression of his little fox demon. The way his rosy lips curve in such tempting smirk, the beautiful way his tousled golden hair falls over his forehead, the way his onyx eyes sparks with evil playfulness, his adorable face which doesn't match with such mean aura; all that push Jaebum to forget about his angry friend and do what he wants to do to his y King. Yet the endless annoying knocking on the door and the fact that he cannot actually touch his demon quickly throws that possibility out of Jaebum's numb mind; another heavy sigh leaving his mouth as he simply nods yet again.

-Then shall we go?- the King asks not wanting an answer, because his hand grabs Jaebum's and lead them to the trembling door.

He was too fast and strong and Jaebum barely could fallow him when suddenly the door flews open and Jackson's sharp gaze falls on them, causing in Jaebum's body a huge and unstoppable rush of shame, anxiety and fear. How Jackson looks at them could never have an adjective, it’s so furious and stern that Jaebum literally shakes afraid. He has never seen such gaze on his fun and joyful friend’s eyes, and that alone does not predict anything good. Yet what Jackson says, and the dead serious tone in which he says it, almost makes Jaebum's blood run cold because it means one thing and one thing only: catastrophe.

-You two better have a ing good explanation.-