Weakness

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

The soft mattress sinks under his weight, sighing faintly, as he turns around; his sleepy black eyes finding the wonderfully cold landscape outside the warm cottage. The pearly white snow covers it all, barely leaving a weak hint of green grass show through the thick, yet beautiful layer of endless little snowflakes. Watching the graceful snow rain a low, quiet sigh fades away from his pink lips, while his onyx orbs shift up to the silver grey sky, seeing the fluffy clouds illuminated by some sneaky sun rays. A rare nice smile draws itself upon his pale face all thanks to that one sight, but quickly dies under the echo of a voice whispering so stubbornly the words which had him feeling annoyingly dreamy since quite long by now.

‘I like you. I want you, I want everything from you and I want you to want me too…

…I like you…

…I want you…

…Want me too…’

-Damn...- Youngjae mumbles, biting uneasily his bottom lip, remembering how honest his human was a few days ago.

It isn’t such a big surprise for him, though. Youngjae knew how the young boy had been feeling since the contract was completed, but he thought it was because of that female his human seemed to wanted to sleep with so much. Moreover they have kissed, yes, but Youngjae choose to believe the boy kissed him thinking about that girl, even if he felt and known otherwise. Obviously it wasn’t because of her, he is sure of that now, yet Youngjae does not think that is something to be glad about. He did say it, didn’t him? Humans and demons are not meant to be together. Then why on Earth would his human ever…?

She isn’t the one for me, I’m pretty sure. I kinda… like someone else…

…I think about that someone else I like when I’m with Tiffany…

…Kiss me…

…Don’t act like you don’t like it…

…He tested you, because he wanted to leave this World knowing that he worth enough to be someone you would remember…

... maybe because that’s how I feel…’

The boy’s voice echoes once again in his haunted mind, as his teeth sinks deeper in his lower lip at each of those memories.

-.- Youngjae breathes out heavily, feeling the ghost of those plum lips caressing his slightly trembling lips.

Ever since that distant afternoon when Youngjae understood his human had been yearning for his lips so fervently, the demon has been perfectly aware of how anxious and longing the young boy feels around him. Youngjae can sense in great detail how the boy’s heart race when he gets close to him; how the boy itches inside to touch him; how his soul shakes delighted to see him and how something always flutters ever so intensely inside the boy’s heart when their eyes find each other. Youngjae would never ignore something as fascinating as the way his human feels when they share a kiss and Youngjae would never forget the sensation of jealousy fast and strongly burning every inch of the boy’s anatomy. But the blonde demon cannot bring himself to understand a thing about it. What causes all that? Why is it just for him? Why does his human likes him? All what the King can think it’s his human feels oddly the same as Yong Guk did before…

-Damn, no.- Youngjae murmurs alarmed, his black eyes opening slightly wide in concern. –No,no,no. It just can’t be that, no.- he shakes his head upon the soft pillow, biting nervously one of his long and sharp nails.

His human feels estrange and curiously alike –dangerously much alike- to Yong Guk a short while before confessing his love for the King, and Youngjae is sure this must not be good. At all.

-No, it’s not that. Yong Guk didn’t feel this… yearning, this impatience. He didn’t have this desire and Yong Guk did not feel this desperate to touch me. It’s not, it’s just not.- Youngjae mumbles low for himself, remembering so clearly how pure and tender Yong Guk’s emotions were.

Then, what is it…?

A voice whispers at the back of his head, rumbling loudly in his ears, and Youngjae has to swallow thick as that curious question makes him feels slightly, just slightly, unsettled. He honestly does not want to know what it is, because if there is something bigger and stronger than the way Yong Guk felt, then nothing good must bring with it.

“Maybe I should ignore it.” Youngjae thinks, watching the calm and soft way the snow falls outside; considering to ignore the boy’s feelings… like he ignores the way his own body reacts to him.

-My King?- Yugyeom's soft yet curious voice calling out for him brings the blonde demon out of his complicated thoughts, sensing the werewolf’s weight sinking upon the matters.

-What is it, Yugyeom?- Youngjae wonders, eyes falling closed for a moment, hearing his tone low and calm as usual, luckily.

-Is it my King alright? I hear you mumbling and I saw you shaking.- the young boy says, with his expressive puppy eyes looking down to the King’s hidden ones.

-I’m alright, don’t worry.- Youngjae sighs, eyes opening quietly, seeing the reflect of Yugyeom's handsome features in the clear window.

-Then, can I know why were you mumbling and shaking?- the werewolf asks –pleads- and the blonde demon should’ve known the young boy wasn’t going to go away just with that, it doesn’t matter how much he yearn for.

The tiny, fragile snowflakes keep falling outside; being kindly take away by the nice winter breeze, calming Youngjae's sudden rush of irritation. He does not want to discuss what was tormenting his mind, he rather just push it to the darkness of his head and with a little bit of good luck never remember about it again. Thus, the King is quite sure there I nothing actually good Yugyeom could say to light the fresh Hell his mind is right now. Yet sadly Youngjae also knows Yugyeom enough to have a perfect idea of how the next days would be if he doesn’t speak, and the King honestly does not need to deal with a gloomy and offended werewolf. He has enough troubles already, but he sincerely doesn’t want to talk about it. Damn all these humans.

-Well…- Youngjae sighs heavily, still not looking back at the boy sitting behind him. –Tell me something, Yugyeom. What does it feel to ‘like’ someone?- he asks then curiously, liking the idea of start off the talk this way, hearing the faint noise of Yugyeom swallowing uneasy.

-How does it feel…? My King, I don’t know how to explain that.- Yugyeom nervously tells, surprising the blonde demon just slightly. Why is he so nervous out of nowhere?

-You can try, can’t you? Think about it for a while.- Youngjae comments, waiting to hear something completely different from the way his human feels. And secretly longing for an answer which contradicts his sensations for the black haired boy as well.

An uncomfortable silence surrender the two of them soon, bringing along the curios tint of fear and uneasiness tickling the Fox demon’s sense of smell. Youngjae's dark eyebrows frown, eyes drifting hurried to the reflect of the werewolf in the crystal window, seeing Yugyeom's features contracted in an odd afflicted expression. His always bright, puppy eyes are stained with concern, worrying over something the King cannot imagine. His sharp teeth are nibbling mercilessly his bottom lip, at each second a little bit harder, making it blood inside; Youngjae can smell it clearly. His big and soft hands are tightening in nervous fists of unknown emotions, shaking lightly upon his lap, leaving the blonde demon curiouser and curiouser. 

The King’s calm breathing pass unnoticed in the tense air embracing them, while his eyebrows frowns a little more deep seeing attentively how the werewolf close his dull eyes for a moment, breathing out heavily.

-Liking someone is, mostly, just physical attraction. I believe my King is aware of what that is.- Yugyeom says, surprisingly steady yet unusually cold. –But, as time pass, that physical attraction is the last important thing. As you realize how much you want to see that someone, how much you wait to be with it, how intensely you yearn to hear their voice and laugh… to make them smile, and having them in your arms, you know you like that someone too much, too strong, and little by little that ‘like’ can’t contain the weight of all the sensations and emotions that someone makes you feel.- he mumbles, with a warmer and delicate tone, sounding so longing.

“Well, damn” Youngjae curses in his mind, feeling a little bit unsettle because of how alarmingly alike all that is with his human’s emotions. Not to mention his own up sensations for him.

-Does my King… like someone?- Yugyeom asks then, voice echoing serious and lightly stern.

That unwanted interrogative caught him unprepared, causing Youngjae to swallow thick and slow; so horribly self-conscious because of how the subject affect him. His jaw clenches, hating this so damn much, while he sense the estrange twinkle of jealousy oozing from Yugyeom's skin; mixing with a strong smell of anger and a delicate tint of sadness. His head starts to hurt, the odor it’s so intensely powerful that Youngjae feels already a little bit dizzy and that gets him awfully moody. Why is Yugyeom reacting this way? Youngjae rather not know, and closing his eyes he stirs carefully upon the bed; finding a much more comfortable position for his spinning head. He really hates this.

-I am a demon, Yugyeom.- the King remembers him in a low, emotionless voice.

Yugyeom knows very well what that means, and the silence lingering in the small room after his phrase is the irrefutable proof that Yugyeom will probably never again wonder such thing. But the salty perfume of warm tears tickles his nose yet again, forcing his eyes open just slightly enough to be able to catch the heartbroken expression on the werewolf’s reflection. Yugyeom is sitting there, crying in silence, looking down at the blonde demon with eyes full of a painful sorrow. Something tightens harshly on his chest because of that sight, confusing him, startling him, leaving a bitter taste on his mouth. Youngjae is lost, of words and thoughts and actions. Yugyeom keeps crying, sad tears streaming down his perfect cheekbones, rolling down his pale skin, soaking the dark blue blanket of the bed as they die on it. Youngjae's head hurts even more now, feeling like daggers stabbing cruelly at every angle of his brain; piercing the skull tensely. His black eyes close tightly, trying to push the pain away but it’s useless. He doesn’t know what to do or what to say, he just want it to stop. Whatever is making Yugyeom cry, Youngjae wants it to stop now.     

-I-I’m going to… the town.- Yugyeom says suddenly, his tone weak and broken, quickly walking away.

The heavy stomps of Yugyeom clash in his head like a hammer, and the loud way the wolf slams the door shut on his way out does not help to calm his terrible headache. Youngjae breathes out, calm and heavily, massaging the sides of his head to sooth the pain at least a little. But the scent of Yugyeom is still trapped there with him, and breathing those overwarming smells only will make the pain worst. He needs to get out, Youngjae knows he will probably pass out very soon if he doesn’t. But his body is already so incredibly weak, that even turning around upon the mattress it’s a difficult task.

 The entire place is spinning, at each little move insanely faster, getting worst with each new breath he takes, yet Youngjae finds the strength to sit at the edge of the bed. His eyelids feel heavy as stone as he tries to focus his attention on the distant door, and his legs seems to be made out of jelly as he slowly stands up. The floor waves in his dizzy mind, barely letting him take a shaky step closer to door; which seems to be getting further and further away as he walks. The air around him is so dense, so intense and poisonous, that his lungs start to suffocate; making it almost impossible to breathe. Youngjae feels his chest tighten alarmingly as he finally leans against the wooden door, forcing him to gasp desperate for air but nothing pass through his closing trachea. His panicking eyes fill with unwanted tears, which falls and hits the floor as he looks down to his right hand; using to the last drop of strength he has to have in his body to take de doorknob, gripping it just so weakly.

Furious tears streams down his pale face as he gasp desperate, feeling his head about to burst and his life hanging by the delicate thread of his unfair destiny. Youngjae thought he was going to die in the hands of a strong King demon, someone better than him, someone more Noble than him, but ironically he is dying under the suffocating weight of human’s emotions. How can destiny mock him like this?

“I can’t die… because of this weakness…” Youngjae manage to thinks through the fresh Hell his mind is, gripping the doorknob lightly stronger than before; determinate to not die now, not like this.

Gripping the cold knob as tightly as the little strength he has let him, Youngjae manages to turn it enough to unlock the door; his own heavy weight pushing it open finally. The freezing snow under his body welcomes the blonde demon as he falls on it; along with the hurry breeze filling his lungs with the pure air he was needing so desperately. His chest loose above his fast and excited breathing; while his black eyes sees his warm breathe colliding so beautifully with the cold temperature of his kingdom. The silver grey sky up above him does not spin around, and a faint smile paints upon his pale rosy lips all thanks to that. Youngjae has never been more pleased to be the Noble King Demon of the Frozen Forest than in this precise moment.

Gentle snowflakes lay upon his face, still raining softly from the dim sky, caressing coldly kind his pale skin. Seeing the fog of his hurried breathing being carry away by the fast winter breeze Youngjae feels his eyelids heavy, as the exhaustion takes over him, letting himself slowly fall under the nice spell of dreams. His unfocused dark orbs gradually close, watching for one more instant the wonderful way those little snowflakes pour over him… suddenly seeing a pair of fluffy wings spreading in front of him, catching the familiar twinkle of two brown orbs looking down on him before his eyes fall closed, dragged by the unbearable tireness; barely mumbling the name of the owner of those sweet brown seas. He must be dreaming already. It can’t be him, can it?

-Jae... bum…-