The Fear

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

 

Raindrops fall, quietly, nicely, colliding against the rooftop in a melodious drizzle of summer; appeasing the dense heat just lightly. Hearing the relaxing rain pouring like a symphony a calm smile paints upon a pair of plump lips; lighting his sleepy expression. To the beat of every crystalline drop falling outside sweet brown orbs dance along an endless sea of words, sliding from one beautifully wrote sentence to another; devouring paragraphs wonderfully fast. Hours pass, being left behind like every page he turns, and within the dark grey mantel announce the imminent storm. The windows shake to the harsh blow of the angry wind and the rain hitting above his head gets loudly faster; yet that only makes the atmosphere greater. Jaebum loves to read, is his passion, and reading in a rainy evening like this one it makes it indescribably enjoyable.     

The nice perfume of wet grass comes in from the open window of the bedroom, along with the refreshing wind, running all the way to the bed where he has been lying from quite a long time by now. The cool air brushes over his warm skin, making the smile on his face grow even wider in joy as a new page is turned. The plot of his brand new book is greater of what Jaebum had thought at first, yet since he read the first page long hours ago he could not help but drown himself in the haunting story. He had lost the notion of time long ago, and even if he is getting hungry and lying on his back is starting to be quite uncomfortable Jaebum still keeps turning the pages; promising to himself mentally to take a break in the next full stop.   

Jaebum obviously does not believe in himself, and a mischievous chuckle escapes from his smiling lips as he turns another page, starting off a new chapter of this wonderful book. Yet before he could even have a taste of if long, thin fingers grab the book from behind, sharp fingernails scratching the fragile paper as they tug on it; sending it flying across the room immediately. Jaebum's brown eyes are open wide, the smile on his lips vanished as soon his precious belonging was thrown away, and all what his face holds is the honest expression of  bewilderment while he looks back at a pair of black, deep orbs which silently stare ever so harshly at him. He will never stop appearing out of nowhere, will he?

-Ummm…- Jaebum hums, feeling a little bit unsettle by how angry his demon looks. -Hi?- he says unsure, watching the blonde boy moving over the mattress and lying right beside him.

-Let’s sleep.- he murmurs with a stern, low voice which tells the boy he must not say anything else. His haunting dark eyes already closed.

-Did something bad happen?- Jaebum asks still, ignoring his warning tone, eyebrows frowning curious and eyes shining in concern.

-Let’s just sleep.- the blonde demon hisses under his heavy breath, eyebrows frowning annoyed.

-It’s not good to go to sleep when you are that angry.- Jaebum comments, readjusting his head on the comfy pillow they share. His heartbeats rising dangerously fast as he notice the short inches separating their faces.

Being also aware of the tiny little droplets of water slowly sliding from his golden hair Jaebum swallows quietly; his longing gaze fallowing the wet path of drops rolling down the perfectly round contour of his handsome face. The King demon should’ve been out in the rain, Jaebum thinks, counting the endless drops falling from those sunny strands. Does he always looks this mesmerizing when he gets soak in water? Jaebum's mind quickly starts to work on beautiful fantasies –deadly beautiful fantasies- yet before the heat on his face is more noticeable than the weak color pink covering his cheeks right now a long and heavy sigh stopped him from getting any deeper in his poisonous imagination.

-I had quite a ty day, can you just shut your mouth and sleep?- the King asks, with such cold tone of voice which send a light shiver down the boy’s back.

-I’m just being honest… You will probably not sleep at all.- Jaebum tells, surprisingly steady and calm; watching anxiously the frowning feature of his demon.

-Mmm…- the King hums thoughtfully, the sound of the storm outside barely letting it be heard. –I guess… that has some sense.- he murmurs, eyes opening slowly.

-It does.- Jaebum can’t help but smile as they gazes meet, something fluttering inside of him as always.

-Then, how am I going to sleep? I’m still so furious.- the demon grumbles through clench teeth, his soft voice getting louder in annoyance.

-Well, we can talk about it. Maybe I can help you with what it’s bothering you.- Jaebum comments, a smile still playing on his lips, seeing those dark eyebrows frowning not so pleased with the idea.

-I do not want to talk about it but I guess there is no other choice.- the blonde King sighs, sinking his wet head more in the soft pillow. –Jinyoung, that damn Love Angel, wants me to let him meet Yugyeom.- he tells irritated, blood boiling in fury once again.

-Oh, seems the pact you two made isn’t enough for him.- Jaebum comments, remembering what his demon told about it once.

-Indeed. But apparently Jinyoung thought I could considerate it… So stupidly naïve.- the King rolls his black eyes, bored of Angel’s infinite hope on everything and everyone.

-You obviously don’t, but why you don’t considerate it?- Jaebum wonders curious, because although the demon had explained why he doesn’t trust in Jinyoung the logic he used that time wasn’t too logical for the black haired boy.

Those deep, intense eyes glare at him as soon the question left his mouth; narrowing like if he was some sort of enemy.

-I already explained you, Jinyoung does not love Yugyeom. He does not care for Yugyeom, he only cares for himself and his own convenience.- the demon says harshly, eyes colder than ever.

The curiousness of asking him what does he knows about love to speak so seriously about it almost slipped from Jaebum's lips, yet something at the back of his head told him it wasn’t such a good idea. At the moment Jaebum just swallows, nodding calmly while hearing the symphony of the storm clashing outside.

-I know I have no say in this, but I honestly believe Jinyoung's feelings are authentic. But is there anything Jinyoung can do to make you change your mind?- he asks hopeful, detailing his demon’s pink lips curling in an evil smirk.

-There is not. There will never be.- he whispers, a faint mocking tone ringing in every word.

-Nothing at all? Not even if he stops being an Angel?- Jaebum asks curious and still hopeful, seeing that smirk disappearing as the blonde demon rolls his eyes yet again.

-Jinyoung did tell me he is going to resign his wings and turn into a human for Yugyeom.- the King tells tiredly. –But I do not believe it.- he adds, before his human could smile somewhat victorious.

-How can you not believe him?!- Jaebum exclaims totally incredulous, staring into the calm face of his demon.

-How would I believe him when no angel have ever done that?- the Noble King askd, this time being cheekily mocking.

-But Jinyoung may be the first one doing it. If he was brave enough to confront you about it, I don’t think he is playing around.- Jaebum tells his honest thoughts, hearing the blonde boy sneering at his words.

-‘If he was brave enough to confront you’ If you only knew, human…- he mumbles ironic, eyes closing for a brief moment.

Jaebum's eyebrows frown confused at that.

-What do you mean?- he asks, hearing the close roar of a thunder; the walls around them trembling thanks to its power.

-Such weak creature, how can he be brave?- the King mocks, his white fangs slowly showing off as lips curves in a wide smirk. –If it wasn’t because he found me lying unconscious then he could’ve never had the balls to come up and speak to me.- he says, voice soft and mocking.

-Unconscious? Why were you unconscious?- Jaebum quickly inquires, forgetting about anything else as he fills with concern and fears caress his suddenly shaking heart.

Closing his dark eyes one more time the blonde demon sighs heavily.

-Yugyeom, he… I don’t know why but he got really emotional while we were talking. He was sad, angry, jealous, desperate. His emotions were so strong, so intense that I got overwhelm by it. Yugyeom left and I was trapped in the cottage with all that poison. I was dizzy, I could barely walk and my breathing was decreasing… Just because my only weakness.- the King tells in a calm and low voice, having a bitter taste in his mouth by remember it.

-Your only weakness are human’s emotions?- Jaebum wonders confuse and slightly doubtful of it. Because he never heard something like that.

-Do you honestly think that? I am a Noble King demon; you know what I did to win my title. How can I be weak to human’s emotions?- the blonde boy asks offended, eyebrows knitted in irritation.

-Then why were you so weak against it?- Jaebum asks not understanding, yet his heart is still beating nervously unsettled.

-Because I am a fox demon, do you remember? My nose is sensible, extra sensible, and strong smells like those could kill me. Like it almost did today, dammit!- the demon exclaims angrily, startling Jaebum; making him tremble uneasy.

Old memories rush to Jaebum's mind, seeing them flashing right in front of his eyes. Their first encounter and how his demon complained about the smell of fuel, how he did pass out because of the smell of those women at the café, how furious he always was with Suzy's scent and how obsess he was with leaving his own on Jaebum… But the idea of being something lethal for his demon never crossed the brown hair boy’s mind.

-You… you almost die?- Jaebum mumbles weakly, eyes locked with those beautiful dark orbs; holding back the tears which wants to fall.

-Yes…- the King murmurs. -Why are you about to cry?- he wonders, voice low in a secret whisper.

-I’m scared- Jaebum barely answers, hearing the loud way rain falls outside; making it hard for him to not cry as furious as that.

-Of what? I am here, aren’t I?- he whispers one more time, his deep eyes never moving away from the boy’s brown orbs.

-But you could’ve not…- Jaebum nervously remarks, biting his bottom lip to not cry in front of him.

-I won’t be here with you forever.- the blonde demon says, his voice clear and serious; yet through the music of the storm Jaebum could hear some uneasiness in his tone.

-I know… But not now… Just… don’t go so soon.- Jaebum whispers with a knot of emotions in his throat, and he can’t help but sound so weakly pleading.

The cool wind blows faster and stronger, reaching his skin and giving him goosebumps as their gazes wander across each other. Not resisting the temptation Jaebum's orbs fall on those full lips, the ghost of the kisses they shared caressing his mouth in such an awful teasing reminder of how much he miss them over his. Anxious his eyes shift away, following yet again the enticing paths of the few lefts droplets falling from the blonde boy’s hair, sliding down his pale neck and dying on his smooth collarbones. His mouth dries by the sight and his gaze soon lift, meeting with those mysterious orbs which don’t say much of what Jaebum wants to know. Although his demon did kiss him… does he wants him as bad as Jaebum wants him? Does he likes Jaebum as much as Jaebum likes him?

A sharp yet soft fingernail runs slowly up his bare arm, making him tremble hopeful as a small hand lies against his nape; bringing him closer and closer… watching almost in slow motion as he does it too, feeling his warm breath against his hungry lips, until their mouths finally brush and Jaebum's mind goes numb with desire. The way he kisses is addicting, so slow but sensual, calm yet intense; shaking every fiber in Jaebum's hot anatomy with burning passion. The way his naughty tongue sneaks into his mouth is marvelously bad, having him silently just by the inviting brush of tongues. The way his gentle fingers play with the locks of his nape, caressing his skin in a subtle seductive touch it’s toxic; arousing Jaebum like no other touch did before, making his body crave for him and him alone. He is dangerous, so delightfully dangerous.  

-I do not plan to go anywhere… not so soon.- he murmurs against his lips, breathing hurriedly on him.

-Ummm… That’s good to know.- Jaebum whispers, enjoying the nice touch of their lips as a smile paints upon his.

-Well, it seems easy to make you smile.- the blonde demon comments, pulling away a little with a soft smirk curled in his swollen lips. -Can I sleep now?- he asks, eyes falling closed without actually wanting any answer.

And Jaebum does not give him any. He just smiles wider watching him sleepy and tired on his own bed; thinking that he should cherish this moment in his memory because he can’t know if there will be another chance like this one. Sighing quietly Jaebum stretches his arm out, turning off the bedroom’s light, and in the darkness of the melodious storm Jaebum kisses the King’s plump cheek, wishing him a good night before comfortably closing his eyes ready to fall asleep any minute…

…Yet through the darkness of the night Jaebum still could feel those mysterious eyes looking softly at him one last time.